Archangel. is offline Banned

Are these foods OK while cutting?

Salsa?

Low/Non-fat cottage cheese?

Hard corn tortilla's?

Whole eggs?

Non-fat Mayo?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Depends on how hardcore you want to be. Usually when cutting, you want to try and stay with the cleanest/most natural foods. That would rule out your tortillas. Salsa is ok depending on what's in it - find something natural, but still be careful of the sugar content from the tomatoes.

Whole eggs are fine, but not too many. I like to do 1 whole egg to 2-3 whites. I personally don't like non-fat mayo; I stick with full fat mayo and just make sure that I stay within my alloted fat macro for the day. Not the best fat source, obviously, so meals I eat it with (really just tuna) are limited to once a week.

The cottage cheese is fine, but best saved before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Depends on how hardcore you want to be. Usually when cutting, you want to try and stay with the cleanest/most natural foods. That would rule out your tortillas. Salsa is ok depending on what's in it - find something natural, but still be careful of the sugar content from the tomatoes.

Whole eggs are fine, but not too many. I like to do 1 whole egg to 2-3 whites. I personally don't like non-fat mayo; I stick with full fat mayo and just make sure that I stay within my alloted fat macro for the day. Not the best fat source, obviously, so meals I eat it with (really just tuna) are limited to once a week.

The cottage cheese is fine, but best saved before bed.
    The tortilla's are very small with only 8g/C per tortilla, and next to no fat. Would you still say no to them??

The salsa is 8g/C per 1/2 cup, 4 of those carbs being sugar. I use about 1/2 cup/day. Would you still say this is OK??

I'm like you and only use my mayo for tuna, but I use the non-fat kind. However, unlike you, I eat this almost everyday. Would you still say that's OK??

As for the whole eggs, I eat 4-5/day with a stick of low-fat cheese. This is an attempt at a Protein/fat only meal so I keep the carbs out. I choose so many eggs because I don't really enjoy just using lean meat all day as my whole food protein choice.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel. View Post
    The tortilla's are very small with only 8g/C per tortilla, and next to no fat. Would you still say no to them??

Again, it comes down to how hardcore you really want to get. The tortillas are not a whole/natural food and some people will avoid foods like this while cutting. That would also go for pasta, breads, etc. Personally I eat pasta (multi-grain) at one of my meals everyday. I don't think it will make or break your diet at 8g carbs, so i'd say if you like it, go for it

The salsa is 8g/C per 1/2 cup, 4 of those carbs being sugar. I use about 1/2 cup/day. Would you still say this is OK??

Same as above IMO

I'm like you and only use my mayo for tuna, but I use the non-fat kind. However, unlike you, I eat this almost everyday. Would you still say that's OK??

Just take a look at what they're putting in that mayo - if there are a bunch of preservatives and crap, I wouldn't use it every single day.

As for the whole eggs, I eat 4-5/day with a stick of low-fat cheese. This is an attempt at a Protein/fat only meal so I keep the carbs out. I choose so many eggs because I don't really enjoy just using lean meat all day as my whole food protein choice.

I hear you on eating meat all day long. 4-5 whole eggs/day is alot IMO - alot of fat and cholesterol. I'd drop it to 2 whole eggs and 6 whites.

What do you think?
    Comments above in bold

Last edited by gbrice75; 05-08-2010 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Lots of double posts lately!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I dont think the whole eggs r an issue.

I eat 6-10 a day and im still alive.

The cholesterol isnt as much of an issue as people make it out to be.

Research into eggs and cholesterol qnd you will find a lot of info on how they do not actually. Increase cholesterol levels.

The yolks are nutrient packed and also have protein. They are there to create a whole amino profile.

I will post an artice on Animal pak about eggs. It is quite good

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    The yolks are nutrient packed and also have protein. They are there to create a whole amino profile.
    No argument with the first sentence, they are definitely nutrient rich. It should be noted however that egg whites alone are a complete protein source - one of the vets just recently posted the amino profile. I'll link it if I can find it.

That said, I still think the fat content is high for a cutting diet, because you will no doubt be getting fat throughout the day from other sources - meats, nuts, fish, etc. I guess the point is if you can fit 4-5 eggs into your daily fat allotment, go for it.

Research into eggs and cholesterol qnd you will find a lot of info on how they do not actually. Increase cholesterol levels.

Are you saying this in reference to a cutting diet?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    The cholesterol isn't as much of an issue, but overall saturated fat intake is. Ten whole eggs a day is appoximately 15 grams of saturated fat. Be careful eating this many whole eggs a day along with your regular saturated fat intake per day.

Kool stick tht link up if u find it m8

and yeh you must remember if ur going to have 6 or so eggs that will possibly be 50% of ur fat intake 4 the day
    Last edited by baseline_9; 05-08-2010 at 02:26 PM.

I found it bro - info was from one of the vets, Tailboxa. Check this thread out:

My diet needs help! (i heard you guys were the best!)

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Just wondering about cheriso ham sausage, u dont cook it u can just cut and eat? i have a feeling you shouldnt really be eating it but thought id find out??

Thread Information