creactiveprotein is offline New Member

Cant lose the weight, veteran lifter

23 years old, lifting for 2 years, 6' 212 lbs, bodyfat around 18%, which I dont understand why, I hit the weights hard 6 days per week, cardio 4 days per week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, i feel great and im in good shape, but I look soft. Heres my current diet:

250 g protein
    100 g carbs
    60 g fat

1760 calories, for being 212lbs the weight should be dropping like crazy, but its not, im hungry all the time but i cant get below 212lbs. Another thing, I eat my carbs in the morning and fats at night, im doing everything right, so I dont understand this. Any help is appreciated.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by creactiveprotein View Post
    23 years old, lifting for 2 years, 6' 212 lbs, bodyfat around 18%, which I dont understand why, I hit the weights hard 6 days per week, cardio 4 days per week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, i feel great and im in good shape, but I look soft. Heres my current diet:

250 g protein
    100 g carbs
    60 g fat

1760 calories, for being 212lbs the weight should be dropping like crazy, but its not, im hungry all the time but i cant get below 212lbs. Another thing, I eat my carbs in the morning and fats at night, im doing everything right, so I dont understand this. Any help is appreciated.
    I think you answered your own question.... 1760 calories at 212lbs? That's not a caloric deficit, that's starvation, and being hungry all the time is proof! I don't know your caloric requirements, but i'd bet the farm you're in starvation mode and your body is holding on to every ounce of fat it has... and will try and store more if it can. You need to eat!

Yes, I like everything else you're doing, but bring up your calories. Figure out what your TDEE is and I bet you'll be shocked at how much you're under eating.

8iron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I think you answered your own question.... 1760 calories at 212lbs? That's not a caloric deficit, that's starvation, and being hungry all the time is proof! I don't know your caloric requirements, but i'd bet the farm you're in starvation mode and your body is holding on to every ounce of fat it has... and will try and store more if it can. You need to eat!

Yes, I like everything else you're doing, but bring up your calories. Figure out what your TDEE is and I bet you'll be shocked at how much you're under eating.
    I totally agree, it amazing how the body protects its self from starvation, especially if you put yourself in that position a lot, thats y starvation diets dont work, once u start eating the body protects itself by storing evrything it can into fat reserves

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    and the other thing is this... what about the quality of the calories you eat?
    maybe you should post your diet?

creactiveprotein is offline New Member
    Thanks guys that makes sense, heres my diet:

egg whites + whey protein + handful of almonds
    1/2 cup rice + chicken breast
    1/2 cup rice + chicken breast
    shrimp + garlic
    protein shake

Supplements - fish oil, multi vitamin, b complex, garlic

Thread Information