Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Post BIG 1's Carb cycling diet log (weekly pics)

The idea of this log is to track my proggress whilst attempting to perform the Lyle Mcdonald Ultimate Diet 2.0. However, ive changed a few things to better suit my goals and needs.

Ive been working hard lately on trying to get myself to single digit BF whilst still looking muscular and keeping my strength and muscle mass. cardio and a maintenaince diet along with my resistance training has worked well for this goal up to a point, but now i really want to get sliced up, not for a show or for looks on the beach, just simply coz i love looking and being ripped...

Im going to start this thread with a training and diet approach thats unfamiliar to me, but then change both accordingly as i approach lower bf, or if i feel results arent being produced.

Current stats
    AGE - 21
    Body wieght - 199-202 lbs
    Body fat percentage - 14-15% (is my nearest guess)
    Training - 3 yrs, coming into my 4th

Goals
    -To hold on to as much muscle mass and strength as possible, whilst dropping to single digit body fat.
    -To gain the knowlegde needed to do the above.
    -Get into competion shape, ripped and sliced

Existing or previous injuries
    -no external injuries
    -I have ulcerative collitus (IBD), but its long been a problem for me with regards to my current lifestyle.

Ergogenic aids
    -Sarms s4 from ar-r
    -Usual daily vitimins and minerals
    -Clen (tapered up to 120-160mcgs daily)
    -Ketofen (0.5mgs before bedtime)
    -T3 (50-75mcgs a day, depending on certain factors i may stop its use or cycle it 5 days on 2 days off)
    (No thermogenics or stimulants are used on the carb load day as they decrease the amount of glucose/carbs that can be absorbed by the muscles, also there repartioning effects are not needed because the muscle has been starved of carbs for so long that they suck all the carbs up anyway...)

Cardio
    30 minutes two times a day on stationary bike, depending on proggress it may change.

The diet
    Bare in mind this is not permenant and food will be added and taken a way if need be. I know some days look low on kcal, its all part of the depletion and rebound plan.

DAY 1 - carb depletion / low calories, approx 2/3 of maint kcals
    DAY 2 - carb depletion / low calories, approx 2/3 of maint kcal
    DAY 3 - carb depletion / low calories, approx 2/3 of maint kcal
    DAY 4 0.01am - 6.00pm - Carb depletion / calories 10-20% lower than above
    DAY 4 after 6.00pm - reload of carbs begins before workout on this day
    DAY 5 - carbohydrate replenishment - calories exceed maint by over double
    DAY 6 - calories 500 below maint, 40/40/20 diet
    DAY 7 - calories 1000 below maint, 33/33/33 diet
    DAY 8 - REPEAT - same as day 1 and so on...

If i feel this is burning to much muscle, i am switching to a differnt type of carb cycling (thanks marcus and D7M for your help on this)

( Info here is based on a maintenance diet only, and the % of carbs added or taken on certain days may alter, along with the number of low or high days )

DAY 1 - low carb (40 % less carbs than usuall maint carbs)
    DAY 2 - low carb (40 % less carbs than usuall maint carbs)
    DAY 3 - High carb (15 % more carbs than usual maint carbs)
    DAY 4 - low carb (40 % less carbs than usuall maint carbs)
    DAY 5 - low carb (40 % less carbs than usuall maint carbs)
    DAY 6 - High carb (15 % more carbs than usual maint carbs)
    DAY 7 - low carb (40 % less carbs than usual maint carbs)

so as you can see i have a back up plan if to much mass is lost on the first plan.

Training is on next post...
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-30-2010 at 09:31 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I will be watching your progress

Blog Entries
    TRAINING (integrated with diet)

The training is a mixture of various principles and types, some people will shun this, whilst some will see the sense in adding multiple stimulus to the muscles

So briefly ile discribe the actuall plan, then below that ile give reasons why im doing it...(remember the training is to make the diet more effective)

DAY 1 - Chest, back and deltoids - depletion routine
    DAY 2 - Legs, calves, arms and abs - depletion routine
    DAY 3 - REST
    DAY 4 - Full body isolation HIT workout
    DAY 5 - REST
    DAY 6 - Full body compound 5x5 workout
    DAY 7 - REST
    DAY 8 - repeat

Now, the idea of day 1 and 2 is to deplete ALL the muscles of the body AS MUCH as possible WITHOUT burning mass. To do this, ive choosen my three best exercises for each muscle im training, and done 3-4 sets of each in the 12-15 reps range.
    I have to be careful not to deplete the muscle so much that i lose muscle, so im shooting for a weight of about 60% my 1rpm, this will allow for about 12-15 reps...this will fully deplete my glycogen which im after, and it will also increase my growth hormone response, good hey !!!

The day 4 HIT workout is to deplete the last little bit of glycogen to prepare you for the carb-load. Because I'm already mostly glycogen depleted, I only need 2-4 sets per bodypart in the 6-8 reps range to get me ready for carb-loading the next day. Training the whole body also upregulates enzymes of glycogen storage and synthesis and increases insulin sensitivity. The second goal is to start setting my muscles up for growth over the next few days. The stress of this workout will upregulate mRNA levels and ribosome activity so that i get maximal growth from the upcoming power workout. (lyle mcdonalds information)

The day 6 workout is a power routine, im fully loaded with carbs seeing as the day previous ive had anywhere bettween 1200-1300 grams !!! also the previous workout upregulated my ribosome activity which sets me up for maximum growth in this workout. Im basing it mainly on HEAVY deads, squats and press', with a few dips and pull ups for arms and delts...i plan to inflict maximum tension with heavy wieght and good form so i get the best growth stimulus possible...

So thats the plan, but as i said ile always need and have a back up, so if this fails I will deviate back to my old routine which is a four day split... difference being i will prioritze my weak points by depleting them more on days 1 and 2, and then thrashing them on the load...
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-26-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I will be watching your progress
    cheers mate
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-26-2010 at 12:33 PM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Good luck....

Blog Entries
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Good luck....

Blog Entries
    Day 1 (yesterday)

Diet
    Calories - 1715
    carbs - 50g
    pro - 250
    fat - 68

1.Whole eggs, seeded bread,whey pro
    2.Turkey, whey pro, brazil nuts
    3.Tuna, salad, whey pro, cashews
    TRAINED
    4.lean red meat, natty pb, salad
    5.cottage cheese, beef and mixed nuts

workout - chest, back and delts

I felt ok because at the weekend i was eating loads of carbs to get me ready for the depletion. The workout went well and i felt strong but near the end i could REALLY feel that ide had no carbs, im used to having about 3 carb meals around this time on mondays, and i only train chest so the doing back aswell was hard not to mention delts!

CARDIO - 2 x 30 minutes on stationary bike (one in morning before breakfast, one in the evening)
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-26-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 2

Diet (same as yesterday but i had more greens today, and had more fats)
    Calories - 1715
    carbs - 50g
    pro - 250
    fat - 68

1.Whole eggs, seeded bread,whey pro
    2.Turkey, whey pro, brazil nuts
    3.Tuna, salad, whey pro, cashews
    TRAINED
    4.lean red meat, natty pb, salad
    5.cottage cheese, beef and mixed nuts

Training - Legs (barf) arms, abs

My wieghts on legs were reasonable when you consider the decrease in carbs im eating,
    i leg pressed 220kg for 20reps, not bad for a depleted man !!!
    by the time a trained arms i did actually feel very sick, but i had a supprisingly good pump in my biceps, triceps however just didnt respond, but i trained them last...
    Overall, i felt good today, workout was OK and i felt light on my feet, a little haizey but OK...

CARDIO - one 30 minute session on stationary bike (evening)
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-26-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    pics soon, just taking em

Blog Entries
    im a bit flat but thats the plan...

i need to shave so ile post some legs pictures later on in the week...
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-26-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 3

DIET (calories are going higher (pro and fat) mainly due to the defacit im creating with cardio)

Calories - 1715
    carbs - 50g
    pro - 250
    fat - 68

MEALS PLANNED

1 - 3 omega eggs / 1 scoop of whey / 1 scoop of casien / small steak
    2 - 1 boiled egg / salad / turkey / cashews and brazils
    3 - Brazil and cashew nuts / tuna fish / onion and cucumber / LF greek yogurt
    4 - 95% lean mince beef / 1 lighty fried egg / green beans and salad
    5 - low fat cheese / more mince beef / 1 Tsp natural peanut butter

Body weight
    194lbs

Training - REST

CARDIO - 2 x 30-45 minutes (walking and cycling)

Im stopping the T3 today as i think it might be doing more harm than good to my physique. I was hoping for an anti-catabolic effect from the sarms to counteract this but i dont think they deliver so well in that area. clen will proceed as normal (160mcg a day) along with keto (0.5mgs before bed).
    Hardly slept a wink last night, tossing and turning all night, mainly because my body wants to eat more and every 2 hours during sleep its saying 'FEED ME, FEED ME'...im not hungry though...

My MCT oil arrived today, its 100% pure pharma grade MCT oil...

INFO ON MCTS
    MCT's are fats that are naturally found in coconut and palm kernel oil. MCT's are more easily digested than other types of fats, as they require lower amounts of enzymes and bile acids for intestinal absorbtion. MCT's are metabolised very quickly in the liver and are reported to encourage an increase in energy expenditure, while decreasing fat storage. Numerous studies suggest that substituting MCT OIL for other fats in healthy diet may therefore help support healthy weight and body composition.

Studys have proved MCT OIL to pruduce THREE TIMES the amount of fat loss than other oils like olive...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xBb4d4a2y9...+reduction.jpg
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-27-2010 at 06:02 AM.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Good luck, keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    Its actually proven in most circumstances that even in the refeed when calories are 3 times above maintenaince, the bodys prefered energy source for fuel is fat !!!, because the muscle has been starved for so long it holds the carbs in the muscle and stores them away !!!
    Your muscles need them carbs more than ever, so why burn them ? they use the fat as a prefered energy source like have been all week previous to the load !!!

Im going shopping today to buy all my foods for the carb refeed, it would be great if somone whos done cdk before could let me know what foods work best for this (hi GI / low GI), ive been advised to stick to mainly high GI carbs, but i think im going to go with a mixture of both...
    I know low GI carbs make high GI carbs digest slower in the gut, so half the day ile gear towards eating high and the other half low, and see how i react, i wont nail this first time, but the good thing about this diet is you get plenty of goes at it...
    Also im creatine loading in the refeed phase with creatine monohydrate (5 gram each meal) and using ALA to help repartioning...

FOOD LIST and DIET PLAN for refeed

(the refeed begins evening of day 4 and finish' evening of day 5, it lasts around 30 hours)

Daily macros

carbs - 1300gram (5200 kcal)
    protien - 200 gram (800 kcal)
    fat - 60-70 gram (as low as i can get it, all good fats)

MEAL 1 - Day 4 evening before workout
    CARB - 30g
    PRO - 50g
    FAT - low
    - 1 scoop gapari super pump creatine, 2 scoops of whey protein

MEAL 2 - Post WO nutrition
    CARB - 168g
    PRO - 50g
    FAT - low
    -mango, strawberrys, whey pro, 1 ciniman bagel

MEAL 3 - Post WO meal
    CARB - 168g
    PRO - 40g
    FAT - low
    - 4 bananas, 2 ciniman bagels with jam, whey pro

MEAL 4 - Before bed on thursday
    CARB - 168g
    PRO - 40g
    FAT - low
    - pack of new potatoes, steak (lean), dolmayo sauce

MEAL 5 - Day 5 morning
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    - wheat frosties and skimmed milk (BIG bowl), whey pro mixed in

MEAL 6
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    - turkey breast, 2 bagels (wholegrain) with jam

MEAL 7
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    - 4 low fat carrot cakes and jam, turkey breast

MEAL 8 - last meal with HIGH GI carbs
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -3 slices of WG bread, 2 carrot cakes, turkey breast

MEAL 9 - switch mainly to LOW GI carbs
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -Oats and turkey

MEAL 10
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -oats and turkey

MEAL 11
    CARBS - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -oats n turkey

MEAL 12 - refeed ends
    CABRS - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -beef and sweet potatoes
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-27-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Good luck, keep us posted.
    certainly will mate, thanks

Blog Entries
    I just prepared all my food for the refeed...it took me 3 HOURS !!! the amount of food i have preped is INSANE !!! ive used over 15 containers, just look at my food choices on the post 2 above this one and you will see what i mean, im scared ile look like the michelan man after !!! but lets see how i get on !!!

This weeks refeed is based on all types of carbs (HIGH,MEDIUM and LOW GI foods, also sugars and fructose sugars, basically all types of carb you can get)

next week however, will be just LOW GI carbs and the following week after that just HIGH GI... this will allow me to know which carbs are best for my body type on refeeds...

Im also creatine loading during refeeds for its bennefits of driving nutrients into the muscle...
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-27-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    I just prepared all my food for the refeed...it took me 3 HOURS !!! the amount of food i have preped is INSANE !!! ive used over 15 containers, just look at my food choices on the post 2 above this one and you will see what i mean, im scared ile look like the michelan man after !!! but lets see how i get on !!! You may or may not; up to you. It's not the quantity but the quality. When we were both on a re-feed diet; my friend looked like shit after his refeed and I look the same. The difference: I ate sweetened my whole box of kashi cereal with splenda and berries and used almond milk. He used 1% and sugar. I ate my 400g of carbs via basmati rice with a home-made, salt-free curry sauce and fish. He ate his with frank's red hot and taco meat. Our cals were almost the same.

This weeks refeed is based on all types of carbs (HIGH,MEDIUM and LOW GI foods, also sugars and fructose sugars, basically all types of carb you can get)Good idea but keep in mind the standard is high GI tapering off to low GI and low-cal fruit as your munchies. Just keep it clean or you'll regret it when you feel like a bloated marshmallow the next few days in the gym. Live a little but watch high-sodium and high-sugar stuff.

next week however, will be just LOW GI carbs and the following week after that just HIGH GI... this will allow me to know which carbs are best for my body type on refeeds... Hey, trial and error is what this game is about my man. i like it.

Im also creatine loading during refeeds for its bennefits of driving nutrients into the muscle... That a boy.
    My thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    My thoughts.
    thanks for the comments,

So are you saying you did better eating high GI early on in the refeed day and then switched to low GI later on in the day ?

My food choices are all clean apart from carrott cake and maybe the bagels, the carrot cake is only 3% fat however, 1 of those cakes has 0.3 grams of fat in it so there not a real problem....

also my fat intake for the whole day is very low, my main food choices are fruit, potatoes, oats and bagels. Most of my protien sources are from lean meat like turkey, with a few shakes and red meat...my goal here was to consume as little fat as possible whilst consuming all types of carbs to see how i react....
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-28-2010 at 02:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 4 - training and diet plan

DIET - before 4 pm

PRO - 200g
    CARB - 0
    FAT - 56g

1. 2 whole omega eggs, 4 egg whites, 1 whey shake with MCT oil mixed in
    2. Lean steak, all green salad, mct oil
    3. lean steak, all green veggies, cashew and brazil nutts
    4. 1 scoop casien, teaspoon of peanut butter, turkey, mct oils

Refeed and Final depletion workout - begins 6 pm

PRO - 145
    CARB - 504
    FAT - LOW (no sources added)

1. Pre WO - 2 scoops whey, 1 scoop superpump 250 creatine
    2. Post WO - 1 bagel, mangos, strawberrys, 1 and 1/2 scoops whey
    3. Post WO meal - 2 bagels and jam, bananas, 1 scoop whey
    4. Meal 8 - New potatoes with tomatoe sauce, lean steak

BODY WEIGHT - 193 lbs this morning

TRAINING - 6.00pm, full body HIT workout

Flat dumbbell press - 2 x 6-10
    Incline machine press - 2 x 6-10
    Dumbbell bent over rows - 2 x 6-10
    Lat pulldowns - 2 x 6-10
    Lateral raises - 2 x 6-10
    Shoulder press - 2 x 6-10
    Leg extensions - 2 x 6-10
    Leg press - 2 x 6-10
    Standing calf raise machine - 2 x 6-10
    Barbell curls - 2 x 6-10
    Standing overhead triceps extension - 2 x 6-10

CARDIO
    1 x 1 hour session this morning (stationary bike)

Training today was HARD , by the time ide finished back i was absolutely drenched with sweat and felt sick so i lengthened my rest periods a little to around 3-4 miutes, this seemed to work much better... althougth i was drained, hot and sweaty, my lifts were usual and strength was supprisingly good, i was able to maintain my current logged lifts from a week or two ago on higher carbs....
    So i began the refeed imediately after my workout ; ive now had three meals at all consisting of 25-40g pro and 168g carbs!!! cant wait for tommorow when i can have my low fat cake !!! right now my stomache feels bloated, but my viens are popping and i feel tight and full everywhere else...
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-29-2010 at 03:20 AM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    thanks for the comments,

So are you saying you did better eating high GI early on in the refeed day and then switched to low GI later on in the day ? Yeah. Refill those glycogen stores early with some bagels, pineapple, and maybe some hashbrown potatoes or something in the AM and then taper off to the usual carb staples like oats. I felt great and had plenty of sustained energy to get me till the next 1.

My food choices are all clean apart from carrott cake and maybe the bagels, the carrot cake is only 3% fat however, 1 of those cakes has 0.3 grams of fat in it so there not a real problem.... Bagels are very clean actually. Fat free, just 90 GI. Anything that low-fat, even cake, is justifiable in moderation on a re-feed. As long as you know it's a cheat food.

also my fat intake for the whole day is very low, my main food choices are fruit, potatoes, oats and bagels. Most of my protien sources are from lean meat like turkey, with a few shakes and red meat...my goal here was to consume as little fat as possible whilst consuming all types of carbs to see how i react.... I like it.
    Bold again. For the most part, I like what you're doing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Bold again. For the most part, I like what you're doing.
    thanks for your helpful comments mate...

Blog Entries
    DAY 5 - rest and carb reload

DIET - refeed

MEAL 1 - Day 5 morning
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    - wheat frosties and skimmed milk (BIG bowl), whey pro mixed in

MEAL 2
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    - turkey breast, 2 bagels (wholegrain) with jam

MEAL 3
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    - 4 low fat carrot cakes and jam, turkey breast

MEAL 4 - last meal with HIGH GI carbs
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -3 slices of WG bread, 2 carrot cakes, turkey breast

MEAL 5 - switch mainly to LOW GI carbs
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -Oats and turkey

MEAL 6
    CARB - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -oats and turkey

MEAL 7
    CARBS - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -oats n turkey

MEAL 8 - refeed ends
    CABRS - 96g
    PRO - 25g
    FAT - low
    -beef and sweet potatoes

WIEGHT - 196lbs (feel much leaner)

CARDIO - rest

TRAINING - rest
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-29-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 6 - strength and power training (5x5 based)

DIET 500kcal below maintenaince

Carbs - 125 g (all complex) x 4 = 500kcal
    Proteins - 300 g x 4 = 1200kcal
    Fats - 88g x 9 = 900kcal
    Total calories - 2600 kcal

Meal 1 - 50g proteins / 50g carbs / 5g fats
    3 slices of wholegrain toast, 6 egg whites, 1 whey pro

TRAINED

Meal 2 - 50g proteins / 75 carbs / 5g fats
    1 scoop whey, 1 scoop casien, oats, banana

Meal 3 - 50g proteins / 20 g fats
    3 x omega 3 eggs, 6 egg whites, MCT oils

Meal 4 - 50g protien / 20g fats
    lean steak, mct oils, green beans

Meal 5 - 50g protien / 20g fats
    lean steak, mct oils, green salad

Meal 6 - 50g protein / 20g fats
    2 soops of casien, 2 table spoons of natural PB

WEIGHT - 197 (never felt so lean at this weight before!!!)

TRAINING - power and strength (5x5)

Deadlift - 308lbs x 5 reps / 5 sets
    Flat bench press - 209 x 5 reps / 5 sets
    Pull ups - bodyweight x failure / 2 sets
    Machine incline press - 176 x 5 / 2 sets
    Leg press - 440 x 5 / 5 sets
    Shoulder press - 132 x 5 / 5 sets
    Biceps curls - 88 x 8-12 / 5 sets
    triceps overhead extensions - 88 x 8-12 / 5 sets

CARDIO
    Evening session on stationary bike - 30-45 minutes

Workout went well, strength was still high and got a very good pump...
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-05-2010 at 01:04 PM.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Good Luck, will keep checking your progress

-MaNiCC-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    Good Luck, will keep checking your progress

-MaNiCC-
    thanks bud

Blog Entries
    DAY 7 - rest day

DIET - (geared towards returning to ketosis)

PROTIEN - 300grams
    CARBS - LOW
    FAT - 90grams
    TOTAL calories - 2000 kcal

meal 1 - 1 scoop whey, 3 x whole omega 3 eggs, 2 egg whites
    meal 2 - 200gram turkey steak, nuts, mct oils
    meal 3 - 100gram of mackerel, 100gram lean steak and veggies
    meal 4 - 100gram lean steak, omega 3, 6 and 9 hemp oil, 1 whey pro
    meal 5 - 100 gram lean steak, 100gram mackerel, salad
    meal 6 - 2 scoops of casien, 1 tablespoon of natty peanut butter

TRAINING - rest

WIEGHT - 194

CARDIO - 2 x 30 minutes stationary bike
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-31-2010 at 08:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 8 - carb depletion W/O

DIET

PRO - 250g
    CARB - 0
    FAT - 78g

KCAL - 1700

1 - whey pro, 3 omega eggs, 1 egg white
    TRAIN
    2 - turkey breast, whey pro, green beans, omega 3,6 and 9 hemp seed oil
    3 - lean steak, green beans, mct oils
    4 - lean steak, green beans, hemp seed oil
    5 - 2 scoops of casien, hemp oil, mct oil, tsp peanut butter (natural)

TRAINING - chest, shoulders and back

chest
    flat bench press - 4 x 12-15
    machine incline press - 4 x 12-15
    cable flies - 4 x 12-15

back
    pull ups - 4 x failure with body wieght
    hammer seated rows - 4 x 12-15
    bent over rows - 4 x 12 - 15

shoulders
    military press - 3 x 12-15
    dumbbell side laterals - 3 x 12-15
    rear lateral raises - 3 x 12-15

WIEGHT - 193.2 lbs

CARDIO - none

Even though today was geared towards depleting my muscle, i felt the urge to see how strong i was on bench press, suprisingly, i broke my personal record !!! and logged a 231lbs press for 3 reps !!! (no spotter). I think sarms are responsible for this, as today i was in quite a severe calorie defecit and the last thing i expected was to beat my personal record ...
    Anyone contemplating the use of sarms should definately give it a shot, the strength gains ive had from them are incredible...
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-02-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    for anyone interested, this is the link to my diet plans for after i have reached single digit body fat on this program. scroll down to 'carb cycling'...

http://forums.steroid.com/blogs/the-big-1/302-5-x-5-training-cycle.html

im planning to prime my body for a bulk phase with high carbs and calories....
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-01-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 9 - carb depletion WO

DIET
    PRO - 250g
    CARB - 0
    FAT - 78g
    KCAL - 1700

TRAINING - leg, calves, arms and abs

legs
    leg press - 4 x 12-15
    leg extensions - 4 x 12-15
    seated leg curls - 3 x 12-15
    stationary lunges - 3 x 12-15

calves
    standing calf raises - 6 x 12-15

arms
    standing barbell curls - 3 x 12-15
    preacher curls - 3 x 12-15
    cable overhead triceps extensions - 3 x 12-15
    dips with body weight - 3 x 12-15

WEIGHT - 194.6 lbs (an increase from yesterday !?!?!)

CARDIO - 2 x 45 minutes stationary bike
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-02-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 10 - rest day

DIET
    PRO - 250g
    CARB - 0
    FAT - 78g
    KCAL - 1700

1. 3 x whole omega-3 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 scoop of whey
    2. lean steak, brazil nuts, omega 3,6 and 9 hemp oil
    3. lean steak, mct oil, hemp oil
    4. 3 x whole omega-3 eggs, 1 egg white, lean steak, green beans
    5. cottage cheese, lean steak, 1 tsp of peanut butter

TRAINING - rest

CARDIO - 2 x 30-45

WEIGHT - 193.2 lbs
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-03-2010 at 03:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 11 - Whole body HIT (final depletion workout)

DIET - before 4pm
    1.3 whole eggs, 2 whites, 1 whey pro
    2.lean steak, omega oil
    3.lean steak, 3 whole eggs

PRO - 200
    FAT - 56
    CARB - low

DIET - after 4 pm

pre workout
    30g carbs
    25g protien

post workout
    70g carbs
    50g protien

post workout meal
    100g carbs
    50g protien

meal 4 of refeed
    100g carbs
    50g protien

WEIGHT - 192 lbs

CARDIO 30 minutes this morning

TRAINING - HIT WORKOUT

Flat dumbbell press - 2 x 6-10
    Incline machine press - 2 x 6-10
    Dumbbell bent over rows - 2 x 6-10
    Lat pulldowns - 2 x 6-10
    Lateral raises - 2 x 6-10
    Shoulder press - 2 x 6-10
    Leg extensions - 2 x 6-10
    Leg press - 2 x 6-10
    Standing calf raise machine - 2 x 6-10
    Barbell curls - 2 x 6-10
    Standing overhead triceps extension - 2 x 6-10
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-04-2010 at 04:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    DAY 12 - rest and refeed

WEIGHT - 195lbs

DIET - carb reload

carbs - 1000grams
    protiens - 300grams
    fats - low as possible

TRAINING - rest

CARDIO - rest

the refeed is going much better than last week, last night before bed i weighed 197lbs and looked more lean and vascular than ive ever looked...veins are poppin every where...

i think a orgy of slow estered test, HGH and slin would make the effects of this kind of dieting supierior...although i wont be doing that until ive completed at least 4 more years of reaserch on the subject !!! but i can only imagine the power of GH on the fat burning/low carbs days and then slin on carb loads for extra nutrient shutling !!! and then a test to top it off, damn i think youde be big and ripped in no time !!!
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-05-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Watching...

Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Watching...
    glad to have you on board mate.

tembe is offline Member
    lookn good bro

is ur aim 10%?

tembe is offline Member
    i myself am just running a straight keto cycle

will be interesting

watching

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tembe View Post
    lookn good bro

is ur aim 10%?
    thanks mate

i wont stop till im at least 8%....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tembe View Post
    i myself am just running a straight keto cycle

will be interesting

watching
    good luck mate, have you considered adding refeeds ?

Blog Entries
    DAY 13 - power training (5x5 based)

DIET - moderate carbs/500 below maintenaince

pro - 300g
    carb - 100g
    fat - 88g

total cals - around 2600kcal

WEIGHT - 198lbs (feeling lean ?)

CARDIO - 1 x 45-60 minutes bike

TRAINING - 5X5

flies - 2 sets of 8

squats - (3 triples of 253)
    leg extensions - 2 sets of 8

floor deads - 5x5 ramped up to 330lbs for last set of five
    chins - 2 sets of 8

clean and press - 3 triples with 143lbs
    biceps curls superset with dips - 2 x 8 of each

OK, i felt like superman at the gym today, i logged a personal best on bench, and felt really pumped and vascular....

this weeks refeed was more basic than the last, i had a high calorie based creatine drink pre and post work out along with some whey and casien, and then pretty much just ate bagels with jam and egg whites, and beef with new potatoes... with the ocassional bowl of sugary oats or low fat lemon slices...this seemed to work better than last week as i may have had to much fructose, which stores in the liver more than muscle... so, im going to base my carb loads on starchy hi and low GI foods from now on in...and limit fruit intake..

I now weigh more than when i started ? im thinking bloat, or muscle gains from the new stimulus of weights and training styles....
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-06-2010 at 01:18 PM.

BBlake8 is offline New Member
    Big would you be interested in writing down a 1-day diet plan that I can just repeat everyday? I am 5'10 195 14% BF and really wanna drop some bodyfat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBlake8 View Post
    Big would you be interested in writing down a 1-day diet plan that I can just repeat everyday? I am 5'10 195 14% BF and really wanna drop some bodyfat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    yes i can...

please open a new thread in this section and i will help you there,

Also, for me to help you the best i can you have to do a bit of mathematics...

please give me your ; BMR, TDEE, and the goal you wish to achieve, along with the diet you are currently on... it might also be a good idea for you to list the foods you dont like...

do this in a new thread, and i will help you build a diet...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information