Cmoney55 is offline New Member

Feedback/answers to my plan to lose weight

Hey guys, long time reader and first timer poster here. I am 27 yrs old, 5'10 240lbs 30-35% bf?? just guessing. Regardless I am getting married in 4 months and want to lose some weight and look better before then. I do have knowledge of nutrition and training as I studied it in college but let myself go a bit in past few years and I'm dedicated to getting back on track. I tried to do most of the leg work myself in laying this out, im just hoping to get a critique/advice.

Using Harris Benedict formula, my BMI is 2266. 2266 X 1.37= 3115calories to maintain current weight. I am going to drop calories to 2500 calories and gauge weight loss from there. Based on that I think I'd be looking at this;

I am aiming for 250 grams of protein per day (1000 calories), 75 grams fat (675 calories) and 200 g carbs

Fat: 1 gram = 9 calories
    Protein: 1 gram = 4 calories
    Carbohydrates: 1 gram = 4 calories

I will be doing weight training 5 days per week 1 major muscle group a day. I will also incorporate cardio training (tred mill, eliptical) for 30-45mins at target fat burning heart rate 5-6 days/wk

I am not going to write out a daily diet of things I'll eat day in and day out as it will vary. These are the foods I will include to reach my macro totals mentioned about;

Proteins- boneless skinless Chicken Breast, egg whites, whey/casein powder, cottage cheese, tuna, fish, 90/10 lean ground turkey

Fats- Flax oil, olive oil, natty pnut butter

Carbs- whole grain brown rice, sweet potato, whole wheat bread, sometimes fruit

So my questions are;

Do you think dropping the calories to 2500 is sufficent or should I go lower?

Do the ratios of my macros look correct or should I make adjustments?

Do you think it's possibly to make very noticeable changes in 4 months time if I follow the plan laid out and all the advise given?

Hope to get some feedback, I welcome all advice and critisism.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmoney55 View Post
    Hey guys, long time reader and first timer poster here. I am 27 yrs old, 5'10 240lbs 30-35% bf?? just guessing. Regardless I am getting married in 4 months and want to lose some weight and look better before then. I do have knowledge of nutrition and training as I studied it in college but let myself go a bit in past few years and I'm dedicated to getting back on track. I tried to do most of the leg work myself in laying this out, im just hoping to get a critique/advice.

Using Harris Benedict formula, my BMI is 2266. 2266 X 1.37= 3115calories to maintain current weight. I am going to drop calories to 2500 calories and gauge weight loss from there. Based on that I think I'd be looking at this;

I am aiming for 250 grams of protein per day (1000 calories), 75 grams fat (675 calories) and 200 g carbs

Fat: 1 gram = 9 calories
    Protein: 1 gram = 4 calories
    Carbohydrates: 1 gram = 4 calories

I will be doing weight training 5 days per week 1 major muscle group a day. I will also incorporate cardio training (tred mill, eliptical) for 30-45mins at target fat burning heart rate 5-6 days/wk

I am not going to write out a daily diet of things I'll eat day in and day out as it will vary. These are the foods I will include to reach my macro totals mentioned about;

Proteins- boneless skinless Chicken Breast, egg whites, whey/casein powder, cottage cheese, tuna, fish, 90/10 lean ground turkey

Fats- Flax oil, olive oil, natty pnut butter

Carbs- whole grain brown rice, sweet potato, whole wheat bread, sometimes fruit

So my questions are;

Do you think dropping the calories to 2500 is sufficent or should I go lower? No way your BMR is 2200 - I'm 6'1" 205-210 at under 10% and mine was around there last time I checked. I'd think you're like 1800. Also, I'd set a deficit of 700-900 cals if I was 35% body fat 4 months prior to a wedding.

Do the ratios of my macros look correct or should I make adjustments? Those ratios look good for a standard 40/40/20 cut type layout. However, carb timing is everything. I'd eat them only in your first 3 meals and then switch to pro/fat only meals after. An example is only meals such as 1 tbspn. natty PB, 6 oz. chicken breast, 2 cups broccoli after 5 PM.

Do you think it's possibly to make very noticeable changes in 4 months time if I follow the plan laid out and all the advise given? If you stuck to it, yeah but it wouldn't be drastic. Set the deficit higher, do cardio everyday, don't eat carbs after 5 and NEVER cheat. Don't let people tell you cheating is OK occasionally - it's not if you have a ton of fat to drop. I lost 70 lbs. in 3 months 2 years ago for a similar reason (not advocating you go that hard) - just saying anything is possible if you stick to the diet 100%

Hope to get some feedback, I welcome all advice and critisism.
    Please lay out a detailed diet plan with meal times and macros. shoot for 200/150/60 or close to it.

Thread Information