Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    bigcwithane is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    IDK anything about ph
    Okay what do you think about my cardio and workout twist?

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    IDK much of anything about 5x5, but cardio 5x per week is a great idea. For the best results split up cardio and weight training. Food choices in diet look solid too, just macros seem high for your lbm. I would go 2k cals.

Okay well I will run this for two weeks if I don't notice a change then I will lower to 2k

Update for today totals 2239cal, 55g fat, 180g carb, 248g pro.

Not happy today because I could not get the morning cardio in. My legs were way to sore. But I will do it sat and Sunday so it will be okay that is still 5 days. Today is a upper power lift day ill update after I lift

Just finished the meal 5. I'm really feeling it today every muscle is sore. I'm still upset with myself for not doing cardio this morning but I felt like if I would have done it wouldn't have benefited me and would have made me feel misrable all day. But sat and sun I will definitely be on the cardio and I have been 100% with my diet. Update on the weight Mon.

If you are completely sore take a day off and do low intensity cardio

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I ran a 5x5 for about 6 weeks almost a year ago. Definitely had some good strength improvements. Didn't notice much change in the visual, but that could always be your head fvcking with you. I think it's a pretty effective routine, but not meant to be run for very long.

How old are you again? I'd say just stay natural and stick to what your doing now. Let your body grow itself!

18. Yeah twist I took the day off for cardio today. Still lifted upper power today.just finished my calories for the day 2419cal, 50 g fat ,227g carb, 265g pro.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Heh, ok - definitely too young for gear! =)

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    No Gear! Grow natural to your potential, little buddy.

Why I want to grow faster lol.

Seriously though... no gear. There are so many reasons... Do we have a damn sticky on this shit yet?!

Alright no gear lol. But twist I'm not sure what a sticky is. Update for today is not good I woke up last night and for some reason when I went to pee I went in the cupboard a f'in ate peanut butter. I'm pissed at myself and today just tried doing some cardio outside before it got to cold and I was just light joggin fast walking and my knee started locking up. Idk just pissed at myself and my body I only got 40 min in instead of 60. But I definitely wont let this happen again. As for the knee I'm gonna ice it up. It's really weird though it will cramp kinda on the outside web I run but when I walk it will be good but then it will Do the same thing for a second then stop

I feel like I look like I'm putting on more fat should I lower my calories. And if I do what should I lower just the fat and carbs or what

im thinking ill drop them to 2300 or 2000. I just don't want to burn the little muscle I have and I want to grow but in the right way.
    give me some feedback please

Alright well I think I'm going to go with the 2000 cal I started it today its a 45/35/20 split.225g protein,175g carb,44g fat
    The diet is going to be the same as the sample one already just tweaked to into a 2000 cal diet instead of a 2500 cal diet.

First6 is offline Member
    Sounds like your struggling a little?
    Listen.
    Here is what you do. You don't want to hear this but you really need to trust the guys that have been around the block.
    Do what Twist orig said. Lose the fat don't worry about the muscle. Then start from a clean slate. I promise you you will have easier and prob faster results. Bro - don't stress about losing alittle muscle for now. Muscle memory is a beautiful thing! you will get it all back quick!
    Put your diet at 1800-2000 bust your a$$ on cardio. I have to do 2 1 hour sessions 5 days a week to get my body to do what I want. You may be in that same boat. Just do it. You'll be looking back at this struggle in no time and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Sounds like your struggling a little?
    Listen.
    Here is what you do. You don't want to hear this but you really need to trust the guys that have been around the block.
    Do what Twist orig said. Lose the fat don't worry about the muscle. Then start from a clean slate. I promise you you will have easier and prob faster results. Bro - don't stress about losing alittle muscle for now. Muscle memory is a beautiful thing! you will get it all back quick!
    Put your diet at 1800-2000 bust your a$$ on cardio. I have to do 2 1 hour sessions 5 days a week to get my body to do what I want. You may be in that same boat. Just do it. You'll be looking back at this struggle in no time and laughing at it.
    Thanks for commenting on this first. Yeah I'm just getting upset with myself man because I worked hard and lost a lot of fat and looked good and already started with a clean slate. But I didn't take advantage of it at the time and started starving my body instead of making it grow once my body fat was really low. But enough with the past I need to worry about the now. And that is exactly what I'm doing. It is going to be around 1800 cal on off days 2000 on w/o days

start with 2200 on workout days and 2k on rest days. Don't jump from 2500 to 2 so quickly. You will be fine bro

start with 2200 on workout days and 2k on rest days. Don't jump from 2500 to 2 so quickly. You will be fine bro
    Should I just run this until I platue and then drop it to 2000.

Update.
    Starting the 2200 cal today. But it is a off day so it will be around 2000 or less
    Woke up cardio on a empty stomach, 60 min,3.0-4.0 mph, 10 in incline.
    Hopefully this week fat will start melting.
    Is there anything I can be taking to help with fat loss but keep my lbm up?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcwithane View Post
    Is there anything I can be taking to help with fat loss but keep my lbm up?
    Do you take BCAAs before your AM cardio and during your workouts? A light stimulant never hurt, say like some yohimbe extract from the health food store. Of course, that won't help preserve lean tissue as much as help with energy and the fat burning process when sedentary.

I was just reading through the thread and Twist really hit the nail on the head early in. I wouldn't worry about your LBM at all. You don't currently have a lot of it and whatever you lose will come back within a couple weeks of increased calories once you reach your goal. Just shed that fat brother! You'd be surprised how much stronger you'll look once you lean out more, even if you do lose LBM.

Thanks damein. Glad to see you pack bro. I am going to order bcaas when In my next order. I'll look into yohimbe. But I am taking amino acid pills. Aren't these the same as bcaas?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member

Good read D5 thanks

Update.1980 cal, 38g fat, 175g carb, 223g protein

Update for today..no cardio. Lifted only my total intake was 2257 cal, 48g fat, 179g carb, 256g protein.
    I felt good today lifted hard second day of the new intake is going good. Still mad about my cheat meal this weekend but I did hard cardio sat. So hopefully that made up for it. But im not letting it happen again

Well today is going good. Did my am cardio for 45 min at a 10incline. I thinkin starting to custody fat but doubt i am that much already.

Okay today k count is 1843 , 43g fat, 167g carb,205 g pro. I'm mad I missed a meal all I got to eat was peanuts because I was taking asfab for the army. But atleast I got something
    I'm going to weigh in Mon. Hopefully ill see some more results. I'm trying to keep my diet 100% and I have been so far

Okay here is a update .yesterday cals were 2165, 48g fat,205g carb, 231g protein. A little over on carbs but only by 5g and it was only because I was testing for the army and I picked the healthiest food to eat becuse I couldn't pack and it was a nature valley gronola bar so. But besides that everything was good.It was also my second day of madcows 5x5. I'm definitely feeling this work out in my legs because they have always been a weak point and in this workout you squat everyday.
    Update for today I got my am cardio in 35 min 30 min were 3.0-4.0mph and on a 10 incline then 4 min Sprint at 7 mph and 1 min at 9 mph. Then at 4 I had pt for the army and we ran 3 miles, Sprint and jog so my legs are gassed.
    Also I really need to stop eating extra sh!t. Like it isn't bad but when I weigh my food I always grab a extra peice of chicken or a extra spoon of rice. I think its hurting me in the long run,but I'm gonna get passed it, Im just always thinking about food even if I just ate I'm thinking about my next meal. It's retarded but ill figure something out of forget about it.

Great log man keep it coming. Did you do bootcamp yet or you just signed up? you are gonna drop everything in bootcamp anyway.

No I'm in a future soldiers program until I shipout.

Also today total was 1931 cal, 43g fat, 160g carb, 229g protein

No I'm in a future soldiers program until I shipout.
    Huh, IDK what that is. Anyway you might wanna up your cals a little, but if not it's up to you. You might be running borderline. 85% sure you are good, but I like to err on the side of caution.

What macros should I up to up my kcal. I figured I can just use this as some extra cardio to help cut the fat. Do you think I should just have a extra whey shake when I'm done running

Huh, IDK what that is. Anyway you might wanna up your cals a little, but if not it's up to you. You might be running borderline. 85% sure you are good, but I like to err on the side of caution.
    future soldiers is a program were I get prepared for basic training because I am still in high school.

Just updating after my work out while i smash this shake down but I have to say I'm feeling good and strong. My weight is kinda going up and down I'm not sure why maybe some muscle but it hasn't even been a week since I started the 2200 cals so Idk. I'm gonna have to say the 5x5 I love it definitely feel stronger I think I'm gonna like were I'm at in 8 weeks

What macros should I up to up my kcal. I figured I can just use this as some extra cardio to help cut the fat. Do you think I should just have a extra whey shake when I'm done running
    Up it with green veggies and basic carbs like quinoa, brown rice, oats and some protein. keep fat the same.

future soldiers is a program were I get prepared for basic training because I am still in high school.
    I see. Basic training is gonna tear down anything you build up 80% of the time. Getting cut before then and start building a crazy strong foundation is a good idea. Any bodybuilding physique will be broken down and used for energy. 5x5 is a great program for you to be on right now

Okay so just keep doing what I'm doing and ill be good for the most part.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information