Meal 2
    6-7oz chicken breast
    1 medium to large sweet patatoe

Meal 3
    Monster mass shake
    1 cup of oatmeal with a tablespoon on natural peanut butter

Meal 4
    6-7 oz turkey breast sanwhich on real whole wheat bread
    Cup of broccoli ( I eat it cause the sandwhich is boring )

Meal 4 Pre workout
    Monster mass shake
    1 poptart ( I know it's weird just has a lot of carbs )

Meal 5 post workout
    Ground turkey with asparagus
    1 medium sweet patatoe

Meal 6 before bed
    Casin protein or cottage cheese

I like sweet patatoes a lot. I hate brown rice but if the brown rice is better I'll eat it instead. Just trying to do a clean bulk. I do have 1 cheat meal a week usually pasta or pizza. Sorry for any spelling errors of any kind I'm posting from my phone

desizon is offline Associate Member
    How do you expect one to analyze your 'bulking diet' We have no idea what your stats are.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by fcjohnny View Post
    Meal 1
    6 egg whites and 2 whole eggs
    1 in a half cup of plain grits
    Monster mass protein shake

The eggs and grits are decent (I like oats better, but grits are ok) - however i'm not so sure about that shake. It doesn't sound like a protein shake to me, it sounds more like a meal replacement - monster mass sounds like it's high in carbs and possibly fat, not just protein. What are the macros? If i'm right, either drop it and up your eggs/egg whites, or replace it with 1/2 whey 1/2 casein shake, or a protein blend like Myofusion or Syntha-6

Meal 2
    6-7oz chicken breast
    1 medium to large sweet patatoe

THIS is a good meal and how the majority of your should look! Sweet potato is a great carb source, among my favorite, so i'm glad you like them so much! What are you putting on them though? Also - this meal bengs for a good veggie, leafy green fiberous veggies. Broccoli, asparagus, spinach, etc.

Meal 3
    Monster mass shake
    1 cup of oatmeal with a tablespoon on natural peanut butter

Crap. Drop this and replace with 6-8oz of lean meat. Eat real food for meals, not shakes. The oatmeal is great assuming it's whole oats and not the stuff in the package with all the sugar. Probably don't need the PB in this meal but it won't kill you, after all you want to bulk

Meal 4
    6-7 oz turkey breast sanwhich on real whole wheat bread
    Cup of broccoli ( I eat it cause the sandwhich is boring )

This is probably deli meat, right? Not a great choice - highly processed and filled with sodium and preservatives. You don't have to worry about a boring sandwich anymore because you should replace it with something better! More lean meat here, REAL meat. 6-7oz is fine. replace bread with more sweet potato or another good complex carb that you like. Keep the broccoli

Meal 4 Pre workout
    Monster mass shake
    1 poptart ( I know it's weird just has a lot of carbs )

Now i'm getting upset! Again, drop the shake and eat real food, or at LEAST make it a real protein shake and not this mass gainer stuff. As for the poptart, i'm not even gonna comment. It's ridiculous as part of a BBing diet. And right before your workout? You need a good slow burning complex carb, not an effing pop tart. Sweet potato would be an excellent choice, but I don't want you to OD on sweet potato - so eat it here if you want, or do quinoa, lentils, beans, more oats, etc. or even some brown rice.

Meal 5 post workout
    Ground turkey with asparagus
    1 medium sweet patatoe

Immediately after your workout - THIS is when you should be doing a shake. Make it a whey shake. Make meal 5 30-45 mins after the shake. Otherwise good meal!

Meal 6 before bed
    Casin protein or cottage cheese

Good

I like sweet patatoes a lot. I hate brown rice but if the brown rice is better I'll eat it instead. Just trying to do a clean bulk. I do have 1 cheat meal a week usually pasta or pizza. Sorry for any spelling errors of any kind I'm posting from my phone
    Ok, I didn't see this before about hating brown rice, so just replace it with something else. PS - sweet potato is a WAY better carb choice over brown rice. I don't see room for a cheat meal when somebody is bulking, but as long as you don't go overboard it shouldn't kill you. If you notice bodyfat gain, i'd start with dropping it though.

Quote Originally Posted by desizon View Post
    How do you expect one to analyze your 'bulking diet' We have no idea what your stats are.
    ^^^ this. I did what I could to critique your food choices, but without your stats, particular goals (bulking is very general), and macros for your meals it's impossible to do any more with it.

If you want a serious critique, repost your diet to include time of day for each meal, as well as full macro info in the form of protein/carbs/fat/total calories. Total everything up at the end of the day and provide those numbers as well. Don't forget to include where your workout falls into the schedule.

See Bold

Thread Information