BrysZ is offline Associate Member

Counting calories...

Just a theory or an idea...during a dirty bulk if a guy was experiencing wieght gain either all muscle, all fat, or a combination of fat and muscle it should be safe to assume he is getting a sufficent amount of calories...correct?

What I am getting at is I really wish I had the time and patience to carefully document my diet, but unfortuantely for me at the moment I lack this discipline. I will and I must develop a system before I start my cutting in January. I can be a very disciplined dieter but not good at documenting the diet.

I am a hardgainer at right now I am mostly concerned that I am giving myself enough calories. I am gaining weight which is a combination of muscle and fat so I am hoping this is evidence that I am eating enough.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by BrysZ View Post
    Just a theory or an idea...during a dirty bulk if a guy was experiencing wieght gain either all muscle, all fat, or a combination of fat and muscle it should be safe to assume he is getting a sufficent amount of calories...correct?

What I am getting at is I really wish I had the time and patience to carefully document my diet, but unfortuantely for me at the moment I lack this discipline. I will and I must develop a system before I start my cutting in January. I can be a very disciplined dieter but not good at documenting the diet.

I am a hardgainer at right now I am mostly concerned that I am giving myself enough calories. I am gaining weight which is a combination of muscle and fat so I am hoping this is evidence that I am eating enough.
    Pretty simple bro. If you are gaining weight, you aren't just eating enough (that would be maintenance), you are eating a surplus. Now, the quality and composition of the gained weight will depend on your food choices, macro combinations, meal timing, workouts, cardio, etc.

Thread Information