ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Cutting diet have 25 lbs of fat to go

Spring Cutting Plan

BREAKFAST (11:00 AM) – 6 OZ. LEAN BUFFALO MEAT [225 Calories/36 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/7 grams Fat]
    Totals: (225 Calories/36 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/7 grams Fat)

PRE WRKOUT (12:15 PM) – 1 SCOOP OF BUZZERK (50 Calories/0 grams Protein/14 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    Totals: (50 Calories/0 grams Protein/14 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat)

POST WRKOUT (1:30 PM) – 1 SCOOP OF TITAN V-CORE WHEY POWDER [155 Calories/27 grams Protein/4 grams Carbs/2 grams Fat]
    2.5 CUPS OF RAW MILK [250 Calories/23 grams Protein/30 grams Carbs/4 grams Fat]
    Totals: (400 Calories/50 grams Protein/36 grams Carbs/6 grams Fat)

SNACK (3:30 PM) – 3 FARM FRESH EGGS [210 Calories/21 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/9 grams Fat]
    3 FARM FRESS EGG WHITES [45 Calories/12 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    8 OZ. OF GRAPEFRUIT JUICE [90 Calories/1 grams Protein/23 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    [VITAMINS: MULTI-VITAMIN; 3 CLA (800mg) TABLETS, 4 OMEGA-3 (1,000mg), & ZINC (50mg)]
    Totals: (345 Calories/34 grams Protein/23 grams Carbs/9 grams Fat)

LUNCH (5:30 PM) – 8 OZ. TURKEY BREAST [240 Calories/52 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/2 grams Fat]
    2 PIECES OF APPLEWOOD BACON [180 Calories/10 grams Protein/0 Carbs/14 grams Fat]
    3 OZ. OF RAW VEGETABLES [50 Calories/3 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    2 PIECE OF DAVE’S KILLER BREAD [220 Calories/12 grams Protein/28 grams Carbs/4 grams Fat]
    1 SMALL AVOCADO [120 Calories/1 grams Protein/5 grams Carbs/14 grams Fat]
    Totals: (810 Calories/78 grams Protein/33 grams Carbs/36 grams Fat)

DINNER (9:00 PM) – 8 OZ. LEAN PROTEIN [240 Calories/52 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/2 grams Fat]
    (TOP SIRLOIN, ORGANIC CHICKEN BREAST, WILD FISH)
    4 OZ. OF STEAMED VEGGIES [80 Calories/7 grams Protein/14 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    [VITAMINS: MULTI-VITAMIN; 3 CLA (800mg) TABLETS, & 4 OMEGA-3 (1,000mg)]
    Totals: (320 Calories/59 grams Protein/14 grams Carbs/2 grams Fat)

CARDIO (10:30 PM)

SNACK (11:00 PM) – 1 SCOOP OF ON WHEY POWDER [120 Calories/25 grams Protein/3 grams Carbs/1 grams Fat]
    Totals: (120 Calories/25 grams Protein/3 grams Carbs/1 grams Fat)

Total Calories/Protein/Carbohydrates/Fat: (2,275 Calories/282 grams Protein/123 grams Carbs/61 grams Fat)
    Last edited by ramacher; 03-25-2011 at 01:30 AM.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ramacher View Post
    Spring Cutting Plan

BREAKFAST (11:00 AM) – 6 OZ. LEAN BUFFALO MEAT [225 Calories/36 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/7 grams Fat]
    Add some carbs in here, maybe oatsPRE WRKOUT (12:15 PM) – 1 SCOOP OF BUZZERK (50 Calories/0 grams Protein/14 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]

POST WRKOUT (1:30 PM) – 1 SCOOP OF TITAN V-CORE WHEY POWDER [155 Calories/27 grams Protein/4 grams Carbs/2 grams Fat]
    Cut out the milk, add some green vegiesSNACK (3:30 PM) – 3 FARM FRESH EGGS [210 Calories/21 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/9 grams Fat]
    3 FARM FRESS EGG WHITES [45 Calories/12 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    8 OZ. OF GRAPEFRUIT JUICE [90 Calories/1 grams Protein/23 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat] Lose the juice [VITAMINS: MULTI-VITAMIN; 3 CLA (800mg) TABLETS, 4 OMEGA-3 (1,000mg), & ZINC (50mg)]

LUNCH (5:30 PM) – 8 OZ. TURKEY BREAST [240 Calories/52 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/2 grams Fat]
    2 PIECES OF APPLEWOOD BACON [180 Calories/10 grams Protein/0 Carbs/14 grams Fat] Lose the bacon, replace with fish 3 OZ. OF RAW VEGETABLES [50 Calories/3 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    2 PIECE OF DAVE’S KILLER BREAD [220 Calories/12 grams Protein/28 grams Carbs/4 grams Fat] Green vegies and sweet potato instead of bread 1 SMALL AVOCADO [120 Calories/1 grams Protein/5 grams Carbs/14 grams Fat]

DINNER (9:00 PM) – 8 OZ. LEAN PROTEIN [240 Calories/52 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/2 grams Fat]
    4 OZ. OF STEAMED VEGGIES [80 Calories/7 grams Protein/14 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]

CARDIO (10:30 PM)

SNACK (11:00 PM) – 1 SCOOP OF ON WHEY POWDER [120 Calories/25 grams Protein/3 grams Carbs/1 grams Fat] replace whey with casein protein and add cottage cheeseTotals: (120 Calories/25 grams Protein/3 grams Carbs/1 grams Fat)

Total Calories/Protein/Carbohydrates/Fat: (2,275 Calories/282 grams Protein/123 grams Carbs/61 grams Fat)
    I'm def not a diet expert, but see bold. someone might be able to help out more than me here, but that is what I think needs fixing

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Spring Cutting Plan

Protein source looks good to me; it's actually nice to see someone switching up breakfast to something other than eggs and oats lol. You'll definitely need some carbs here, especially since you're about to workout. I'm going to suggest sweet potato; it should go great with your meat. I can't tell you exactly how much because you didn't list your stats.

PRE WRKOUT (12:15 PM) – 1 SCOOP OF BUZZERK (50 Calories/0 grams Protein/14 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]

Think of this meal as a car with no driver. You need a lean protein source in each and every meal! Besides, a shake is not the best way to get a good carb source. Use a complex carb in the form of real food like sweet potato, oats, brown rice, etc... For protein, chicken breast would be a good option, or you could always take some more of that buffalo meal on top of some brown rice, for example.

If you're cutting, ditch the milk; full of sugar and, in this case, fat. Replace the milk with water and, instead of the milk, add some oats to your shake for a nice complex carb to replenish muscle glycogen after a hard workout.

SNACK (3:30 PM) – 3 FARM FRESH EGGS [210 Calories/21 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/9 grams Fat]
    8 OZ. OF GRAPEFRUIT JUICE [90 Calories/1 grams Protein/23 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    [VITAMINS: MULTI-VITAMIN; 3 CLA (800mg) TABLETS, 4 OMEGA-3 (1,000mg), & ZINC (50mg)]

I actually like the idea of this being a pro/fat meal. You say you still have 25 pounds to lose, so let's keep carbs in the early part of the day and around your workout. Definitely drop the juice; it's all sugar. Eggs only is a really boring meal imo, but it works. I would add a bit more fat to the meal, but again, it's hard saying since you don't have your stats listed.

2 PIECES OF APPLEWOOD BACON [180 Calories/10 grams Protein/0 Carbs/14 grams Fat]
    3 OZ. OF RAW VEGETABLES [50 Calories/3 grams Protein/0 grams Carbs/0 grams Fat]
    2 PIECE OF DAVE’S KILLER BREAD [220 Calories/12 grams Protein/28 grams Carbs/4 grams Fat]
    1 SMALL AVOCADO [120 Calories/1 grams Protein/5 grams Carbs/14 grams Fat]

Waaaay too much fat in this meal! You can start by dropping the bacon; all saturated fat in that sh#t anyway. Drop the bread here as well since we want to limit carbs to the morning/workout time, and bread isn't the best carb source anyway. Keep the turkey breast, vegetables, and avocado.....mmmm, that actually makes me hungry.

You're getting 2 grams of fat from your omega3 pills? If that's the case, keep this meal to the sirloin and steamed veggies....a nice pro/fat meal.

CARDIO (10:30 PM) I really don't like the cardio here. Try to stick it right after your workout when glycogen is already almost depleted, making cardio more effective (so some studies show).

SNACK (11:00 PM) – 1 SCOOP OF ON WHEY POWDER [120 Calories/25 grams Protein/3 grams Carbs/1 grams Fat]
    Totals: (120 Calories/25 grams Protein/3 grams Carbs/1 grams Fat)

You know how I said above that your carb-only meal is like a car with no driver? Well, a protein only meal is like a driver with no car. All meals should have a lean source of protein accompanied with a complex carb/healthy fat, or both in order to deliver the aminos to the body (like a vehicle) and to slow absorption of the protein to sustain you until your next meal. Besides whey shakes are only useful immediately after a workout when your body is in dire need of quick nutrients. Whey is absorbed very quickly. Replace this meal with a real food. Make it pro/fat.

It would be nice to know your exact stats. This is important because, for example, if you have a lot of muscle under that fat, I would critique the diet differently than if you had very little muscle mass. Please repost a revised diet with suggestions made from above, along with macros (pro/carb/fat/cals) for each meal and daily totals, and stats (age, weight, bf, heigth, exact goals).

Auslifta-Sorry I must've been typing while you posted that. I can agree with most of what you said, but I'd like to make a suggestion without stepping on your toes or offending you: try to give reasons behind your suggestions so that the OP can have a better understanding of what a good diet should look like. I always try to give them the basics and enough info so that they can take it and go do their own research. Sorry man, don't mean to sound like a d**k; I think it would just help in the future. Cheers, bro!

Where did you get those macros on your milk from? 4g of fat for 2.5 cups seems like about a quarter of the fat of raw milk. Unless it's skim, which if it is then it's not really raw milk.

If the macros are correct I want to know where I can get some.

I really don't believe that any dairy has a place in a strict cutting diet but if that 4g of fat is correct then all the other benefits of milk would make it worth it for PWO in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sgt. Hartman; 03-25-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    It would be nice to know your exact stats. This is important because, for example, if you have a lot of muscle under that fat, I would critique the diet differently than if you had very little muscle mass. Please repost a revised diet with suggestions made from above, along with macros (pro/carb/fat/cals) for each meal and daily totals, and stats (age, weight, bf, heigth, exact goals).
    My stats are 6'2" 260, I got measured this past week when I was 270 (gained 10lbs of water when I went home and was 19 percent body fat at 270).

Blog Entries
    I skim all the fat off the milk on the top when the milkman delivers it to me every Saturday. So the milk is less than 1 percent fat. Go type in organic pastures on google and they provide the nutrients/info for all kinds of organic raw milks.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Auslifta-Sorry I must've been typing while you posted that. I can agree with most of what you said, but I'd like to make a suggestion without stepping on your toes or offending you: try to give reasons behind your suggestions so that the OP can have a better understanding of what a good diet should look like. I always try to give them the basics and enough info so that they can take it and go do their own research. Sorry man, don't mean to sound like a d**k; I think it would just help in the future. Cheers, bro!
    Yeah I was a bit brief, had a bit of trouble sleeping and was a bit lazy. Don't worry I have thick skin

Blog Entries
    All ask questions regarding your critique line by line.

1.This is just a protein only meal, so basically my goal is to workout with BCAAs from the buffalo (digested within a hr) and then hit the pre-workout shake with minimal carbs a 1hr-1hr 15 min later.

2. PWO Meal - Will try it out with water and maybe add some oats. Are you taking about raw oats?

3. Egg meal/snack - I can drop the juice but it is fresh squeezed raw grapefruit juice, no preservatives straight from the fruit! and I heard grapefruit helps with weight loss as well.

4. Lunch - Bacon can be taken out def, but drop all the carbs? This is going to be a pretty lonely sandwich maybe possibly keep 1 slice of the bread? 8 oz. of turkey breast is a hell of alot of meat with less bread on it lol.

5. This meal is the main protein source with grilled vegetables in olive oil. Since I consume 6 CLA pills today, and 8 omega-3 i just threw this in with this meal, I could care less where these vitamins go.

6. Cardio - Based on my school schedule, and since the gym is always full, this is basically the only time I can get my cardio in. Its a 45min-1hr walk up a walk, and I would say it is a natural HIIT cardio as consists of hills going up and down. I have a heart rate monitor and avg 600-700 kcal burn with 120-135 avg. heart rate.

7. Meal after cardio. Just want to stick to whey and water with no carbs since I am going to bed right away and dont want those carbs sitting in my stomach, and since carbs blunt gh release, I want a full gh release when I go to bed until I get up in the morning.

All ask questions regarding your critique line by line.

1.This is just a protein only meal, so basically my goal is to workout with BCAAs from the buffalo (digested within a hr) and then hit the pre-workout shake with minimal carbs a 1hr-1hr 15 min later.
    Horrible idea, bro, seriously. Eat the buffalo meat, but definitely have carbs with this meal as it's first thing in the morning and immediately pre-workout. Workout without fuel source (carbs)=dragging a$$ in the gym. We will remove carbs from other meals instead. Add the sweet potato to this meal. And lose that carb shake!

2. PWO Meal - Will try it out with water and maybe add some oats. Are you taking about raw oats?
    Yes, just add the raw oats directly to your shake.

3. Egg meal/snack - I can drop the juice but it is fresh squeezed raw grapefruit juice, no preservatives straight from the fruit! and I heard grapefruit helps with weight loss as well. And "watermelon helps us lose weight too!" And "these other fruits will help prevent cancer!".....blah....blah...blah. The thing is, yes, fruits are 'healthy' for 'ordinary' people. They contain massive amounts of vitamins, help keep us hydrated, etc., etc. The thing is, for bodybuilders (people who are concerned with gaining/keeping muscle AND losing fat, fruit honestly has no place in our diets. A grapefruit is probably the best choice as far as fruits go, but even then, they're so many other superior carb sources out there. Drop the fruit, bro. Supplement with a multivitamin if you feel you need more vitamins.

4. Lunch - Bacon can be taken out def, but drop all the carbs? This is going to be a pretty lonely sandwich maybe possibly keep 1 slice of the bread? 8 oz. of turkey breast is a hell of alot of meat with less bread on it lol.
    Bread is not the best carb source, bro. If you were bulking, I would've critiqued differently, but if your main goal is to lose fat, then ditch it. Besides, the main reason I said drop the bread from this meal is because I feel it would be better as a pro/fat meal (no carbs). Keep your carbs centered around your workout, when your body will actually USE this fuel. Try to make all other meals pro/fat. Don't think of it as a sandwich, bro. Get a plate, mince the turkey, season it, add some green veggies (I like green beans), and add the avocado. Try it! I love that meal! If it's not filling enough, add more green beans.

5. This meal is the main protein source with grilled vegetables in olive oil. Since I consume 6 CLA pills today, and 8 omega-3 i just threw this in with this meal, I could care less where these vitamins go.
    I like this meal. If you make the meal with beef, don't add the olive oil; that's a lot of fat in one sitting. Other proteins, like chicken, white fish, etc., go ahead with the olive oil.

6. Cardio - Based on my school schedule, and since the gym is always full, this is basically the only time I can get my cardio in. Its a 45min-1hr walk up a walk, and I would say it is a natural HIIT cardio as consists of hills going up and down. I have a heart rate monitor and avg 600-700 kcal burn with 120-135 avg. heart rate.
    If you're certain you're burning 6-700 cals, then so be it. But just to let you know, walking isn't the best cardio workout. If I had to choose, I would rather do 30 minutes of jogging than a whole hour of walking. You'll burn much more cals this way. Try to get it up to a bit of a half-a$$ jog if you can.

7. Meal after cardio. Just want to stick to whey and water with no carbs since I am going to bed right away and dont want those carbs sitting in my stomach, and since carbs blunt gh release, I want a full gh release when I go to bed until I get up in the morning.
    Okay, here I'm confused. If you go back and read my critique on this meal, nowhere do I recommend eating carbs in this meal. In fact, the last sentence says 'Make it pro/fat.' No problem sticking with the shake; just make sure it's cassein, and not Whey. Like I said before, Whey is quickly absorbed and will not sustain you through the night. You'll be in a catabolic state by morning. Make it cassein, and maybe even add some peanut butter to further slow absorption.

Hope this helps. Hit me back with any further questions.

Blog Entries
    7. Okay I have some natural peanut butter and will just go buy some casein protein. Thanks bro! You really helped me out a lot!

Thread Information