Srobis15 is offline Associate Member

Quick Question regarding cutting diet

Hey fellas, been reading these forums for a few weeks and decided I would finally make an account and try and get a little more involved with you guys. I have learned alot from reading these forums, but I wanted to take the time to post a quick question regarding mainly my cutting diet that I am starting.

I have read alot about other peoples diets, but usually they are either too low in calories for their size//weight//height, or they seem a bit too high.

I wont go TOO much into detail at this point of my cutting nutrition, but I am currently

200lbs
    6' height
    Around 18% BF
    Doing Cardio 4 times a week for 45-1 hour
    Lifting 4 days a week, usually for strength purposes at this point, not for bulking.

I am currently planning to work up a 2400 calorie diet pertaining to about 350g P, 140g C, and 50g F, which comes to about 2400 calories. All of it is clean, seeing as how all of it is pretty much either chicken, tuna, or oatmeal or whole grain bread. I followed the same diet when I was bulking, so its mainly the idea of following the same diet but in less quantity. Calculating my BMR along with amount of exercise daily, I usually hit about 2800-2900 calories as my maintenence intake.

The carb intake in the diet is purely in the morning before a workout, and post workout. The rest of the day is free of carbs, with protein and fat intake throught the day, usually about every 2.5-3 hours, finalizing the night with some Casein before bed.

My question is should I up the calories a bit closer to my maintenence to lessen the amount of LBM I may lose during the cutting, or is 2400 about right? I am not gonna get TOO detailed about the specifics of my diet, since I may have to tweak it a tad up or down depending on what you guys all think. Plus I am not too concerned at this point about WHAT I eat, as more of how much I eat and when. Any ideas gentlemen?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Srobis15 View Post
    Hey fellas, been reading these forums for a few weeks and decided I would finally make an account and try and get a little more involved with you guys. I have learned alot from reading these forums, but I wanted to take the time to post a quick question regarding mainly my cutting diet that I am starting.

I have read alot about other peoples diets, but usually they are either too low in calories for their size//weight//height, or they seem a bit too high.

I wont go TOO much into detail at this point of my cutting nutrition, but I am currently

200lbs
    6' height
    Around 18% BF
    Doing Cardio 4 times a week for 45-1 hour
    Lifting 4 days a week, usually for strength purposes at this point, not for bulking.

I am currently planning to work up a 2400 calorie diet pertaining to about 350g P, 140g C, and 50g F, which comes to about 2400 calories. All of it is clean, seeing as how all of it is pretty much either chicken, tuna, or oatmeal or whole grain bread. I followed the same diet when I was bulking, so its mainly the idea of following the same diet but in less quantity. Calculating my BMR along with amount of exercise daily, I usually hit about 2800-2900 calories as my maintenence intake.

The carb intake in the diet is purely in the morning before a workout, and post workout. The rest of the day is free of carbs, with protein and fat intake throught the day, usually about every 2.5-3 hours, finalizing the night with some Casein before bed.

My question is should I up the calories a bit closer to my maintenence to lessen the amount of LBM I may lose during the cutting, or is 2400 about right? I am not gonna get TOO detailed about the specifics of my diet, since I may have to tweak it a tad up or down depending on what you guys all think. Plus I am not too concerned at this point about WHAT I eat, as more of how much I eat and when. Any ideas gentlemen?
    "WHAT" you eat is the key. It can make or break how you look. For ex: If you eat a bunch of cheese and dairy, you will look soft.

It is in the details that make a difference. So to say you do not want to get TOO detailed about the specifics might be where you need to come forth with exactly that. Specifics.

The more specific you are, the more specific help you will receive from the members.

WELCOME!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Well now that I have a little more time, it usually tends to be relatively simple.

0630 - 2 scoop of whey, 2 packets of oatmeal, 5 egg whites
    555cal, 55P, 67C, 8F

0730 - Work out

0930 - 1 scoop whey, 20oz Gatorade(Quick acting protein and carb release), 5oz Chicken breast, 1 slice of whole grain bread(For the slower, longer lasting protein and carb release)
    635cal, 75P, 69C, 7F

Then basically the rest of the day is 5oz of chicken every 2.5 - 3 hours(depending on how much I need to reach 2400cal), with maybe a can of tuna every other day to replace a chicken meal which is 140cal, 26P, 0C, 4F. Every chicken breast is about 150cal, 27P, 0C, 5F
    Then I finish the day with a scoop of casein before bed.
    My diet is extremely simple, maybe too simple. I have no dairy. I dont drink milk and I dont eat cheese. All I eat is either chicken or tuna. Dont really ever eat red meat except on rare occasion. If my diet needs more variety, let me know.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    i have read this post three times in trying to understand what you are trying to achieve.

you aRE 18%BF AND WANT TO INCREASE cals to negate LBM loss ?/

No, I just finished a bulking cycle of eating 5000 cals a day, and now I am starting to cut and I am asking what people recommend for a calorie deficit to cut with minimal LBM loss. Maintenance calories for me is around 2800. I am asking what people recommend as far as cutting goes. I was thinking 2400, but I dont know if that is too low, too high, or just right.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    have you finished PCT yet ?

if not you may want to hold off cutting until your used to carrying that extra weight around.
    Last edited by MR-FQ320; 07-14-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Yes i have finished my PCT.

Thread Information