qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries

qkcams day of change -exercise/ food

Ok.. thanks all for so much inspiration.. it is nice to have a place to come where i can tell people about my food (success, challanges) and be supported..
    so far today..
    1030 am woke up .. went for power walk, with steps and 2 small hills. 25mins
    breakfast: 1 egg, 3 whites
    1/4 cup oatmeal plan
    fresh jucice, apple, ginger,lemon, beat, garlic

pre-gym snack/lunch.
    1/2 vietnamse coffee (for gym energy)
    1/2 vietnamse sandwich (whole wheat would have been better, but i only ate half)
    GYM: did back for 20mins.. upper wide with cables, wide lat pull down with cables.. low row, iso-row 12 reps 3 sets each- and roman chair
    then did a few abs..with ball and cables 25 and 30 leg lifts.. the coffee picked me up.
    Post exrecise : 1.5 scoops protein powder, with water, ice and green powder + glutamine 5mg and d-ribose (cfids folks use it for muscle energy)
    Dinner will be chicken breast, from george forman grill with steamed spinach..

and then mabye 2 -3 hours later some greek yogart with a few rasberrys.
    thats my plan for today.. tomorrow not sure yet. open for any thoughts..
    thanks

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Great start! except for the sandwich/bread as well as fresh juice is too much of an insulin spike for now.

You mentioned desiring to shed 30 pounds. What kind of timeframe do you think? This helps to make a statement so you have your goal.

Will watch your progress.
    Keep logging in every single day and you will change~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    Ok.. thanks all for so much inspiration.. it is nice to have a place to come where i can tell people about my food (success, challanges) and be supported..
    so far today..
    1030 am woke up .. went for power walk, with steps and 2 small hills. 25mins
    breakfast: 1 egg, 3 whites
    1/4 cup oatmeal plan
    fresh jucice, apple, ginger,lemon, beat, garlic

pre-gym snack/lunch.
    1/2 vietnamse coffee (for gym energy)
    1/2 vietnamse sandwich (whole wheat would have been better, but i only ate half)
    GYM: did back for 20mins.. upper wide with cables, wide lat pull down with cables.. low row, iso-row 12 reps 3 sets each- and roman chair
    then did a few abs..with ball and cables 25 and 30 leg lifts.. the coffee picked me up.
    Post exrecise : 1.5 scoops protein powder, with water, ice and green powder + glutamine 5mg and d-ribose (cfids folks use it for muscle energy)
    Dinner will be chicken breast, from george forman grill with steamed spinach..

and then mabye 2 -3 hours later some greek yogart with a few rasberrys.
    thats my plan for today.. tomorrow not sure yet. open for any thoughts..
    thanks
    I would say the fresh juice in the morning is absolutely fine, considering you are juicing from fresh raw veggies/fruits with your own juicer? Alas, if you view the insulin index, apples are relatively mediocre in comparison to the average breakfast cereal and have a pretty high satiety value. AKA good breakfast choice. Inasmuch, you cannot deny the nutrient value and cleansing/healing properties of the beats, garlic, and ginger/lemon combo either! I am curious, what's the serving size of this concoction? ~16oz or so? Keep it up, I'm an avid fan of juicing especially since the majority of people lack the essential micronutrients in their diet, and probably scantly visit the produce isle when shopping for their food supply.

Some advice would be to increase your protein intake in the morning, maybe try doing 1/2C egg whites. I like the ones that come in the carton, organic if possible. To be honest, I'm not sure what a vietnamse sandwich is, but it sounds like something store-bought or processed? No? It would help to list exactly what is in the sandwich so we can get a better idea of the actual macronutrient/calorie value.

What are your stats?

Blog Entries
    nor sure what you mean by stats? height, ? 5'5" 180 lbs.. 44 y/o female -- i used to be able to leg press 400 lbs.. but not anymore- since the illness really kicked in.. the juice comes out to about 12 oz's for the protein .. 3 eggwhites and 1 whole egg isn't enough? isn't that about a 1/2 cup? I am taking the juice as part of trying to get my body back to health.. and not eating much veggies..sometimes i cram some spinach into the jucier too.. I dont really like the egg whites already processed.. but i get organic dozens at the farmers market or trader joes.. i might try the whites.. i tried them once and didn't like the texture..
    not sure i am eating enough actually.. and dont worry about the vietnamese sandwich..it is only about 1x a year.. basically chicken on white roll, with a lite amount of Mayo (usually i dont have mayo) and some shredded carrots and cabage.. but not enought to amount to anything really. do i need more healthy carbs?
    thanks

Blog Entries
    Slimmer, i guess the best goal that makes since.. keeping it simple.. to lose 5 lbs a month.. so 30 lbs in 6 months.. but just losing 5 lbs would be a MIRACLE!!
    i looked up a diabetic diet.. i remeber in my 20s the doc thought i was hypoglycemic told me to follow the diebetic diet..but made one change.. i forget what it was.. i felt better.. but i was in my 20s.. can't hurt... i notice they have a light complex carb with the evening snack.. hhhhmmmm our medical system -- currently no one has mentioned hypoglycemic... i wonder if that could have casued all this drama? will keep trying to post daily-- it is awesome to have feedback!!! what do you do for a boost before you work out?

I am so happy you are dedicated to this and getting help here.

As far as a goal of 5 pounds per month, that seems like a real good goal. And I especially like the idea of breaking it down like this so it is done in sections. Plus this way you can go month-to-month with a program and keep tweaking along the way to get the best bang for the buck.

I suggest logging in your weight loss once a week (along with the daily log) so you can SEE the progress yourself.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-29-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks... we'll see how long i can do it.. yesterday was great but the bod isn't doing so well today.. if i just do some light walking and stick to a "sugar free" + add some veggies food plan for today that would be good.. who knows maybe i will take caffine and go to the gym.. but then i will most likely make myself sicker-- but i will have fun!

so far.. on the stove..
    breakfast 1/4c oatmeal
    4egg whites
    homemade juice if i get the energy
    green tea
    dont have enough veggies inhouse to follow twists food plan yet.

Blog Entries
    Need ideas for easy food/nutrition to put in system for the rest of the day.. i only have spinach and chicken breast on hand and too exhausted to go out and get more food.. i overdid it yesterday... today exhausted and no appetite.. this is where the challange comes in.. if i dont eat.. I did have 1 slice high protein wheat bread with a tsp of no sugar peanut butter.. but nothing sounds good.
    i dont know what to do to help my body to recover from yesterday.. when i did more exercise than i am used to ... i know a cheeseburger would be quick and easy-- but i need to find other things that can be quick and easy with more nutrition.. thanks

I completely understand hence why this takes a while to tweak. And I repeat: Gotta find foods you like enough to make this work. This is a lifestyle change as opposed to preparing to get on stage as a bodybuilder with 5% BF. This is an important distinction. Have you seen my thread? You might enjoy reading it since I had a similar challenge.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.TjMxQc00jE0
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    thanks Slimmer.. you are right.. what's the saying.. "we didn't get this way overnite- can't expect mircale overnite" I did read some of your theard the other day.. it was helpful and sounded like me.. i dont have a scale either-- and when i was sick at the beginning of the month.. i lost 5 lbs-- yay! but the wrong way to lose.. i only know cause the doc office weighed me.. okay.. i am heading to the acupunturist.. to see if i can get the bod back into balance- and keep working on the food. i also pulled out the 'hypoglycemic" diet .. will look at that.. did i say i lost 20lbs doing that..but that was years ago - i was 24 in the midwest... -- lets see.. looking at some info the lyme doc gave me on line about "subclass immune" stuff... it seems to fit me to a T.. would'nt it be great if they could just give me some gamma goblin and i would be better..??? http://primaryimmune.org/about-prima...ody-deficiency
    after all these years of trying to get an answer-- you know what has alarmed me about the medical system... they never talk about "food" what we eat, or don't eat.. they only check it see if you are diebetic.. no preventive maintance.. - ... gald we are all here working on it together!

One of the biggest reasons I have hung around here longer than I ever expected is because of how smart many of the members are.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Smart and nice..and caring!.. acupunturist says "old flu" deep in the body .. gave me some herb tea-- we'll see i keep hoping of a majic "pill /cure' I did get lunch/dinner while i was out...
    fresh made thai.
    basil chicken (all white meat) with muschrooms had them add broccoli and brown rice.. all for 10bucks including tip! not sure where to post a "food journel"
    i dont think i will get any exercise today..but hopefully some good rest and i can be back at it tomorrow.
    so no more carbs for the rest of the day i guess.. maybe protein shake for dinner/evening snack?

This thread is where you would post a food journal unless you want to start all over with another thread and title it something like:
    gkcam's food journal journey....or gkcam's 5 pounds a month shed...or female losing weight ( that will get attention!)
    and if you do start over:
    give stats
    goals
    and a quick list of your health issues...keep it simple and then start logging in your daily log

PLEASE stay patient. You are off to a great start just by coming here. Gotta figure out what works.
    Author Unknown

Thread you might enjoy reading about good foods to eat and laid out real simple by Windex

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=#.TjQRl800idM
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-30-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    Author Unknown

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    Smart and nice..and caring!.. acupunturist says "old flu" deep in the body .. gave me some herb tea-- we'll see i keep hoping of a majic "pill /cure' I did get lunch/dinner while i was out...
    fresh made thai.
    basil chicken (all white meat) with muschrooms had them add broccoli and brown rice.. all for 10bucks including tip! not sure where to post a "food journel"
    i dont think i will get any exercise today..but hopefully some good rest and i can be back at it tomorrow.
    so no more carbs for the rest of the day i guess.. maybe protein shake for dinner/evening snack?
    Yeah try to balance carb intake throughout the day, no reason to have dips in blood sugar levels. Also, what's your training routine like?

Blog Entries
    today: i went to gym to do cardio.. after 10mins no energy..
    then i ate.. 1/2 can tuna and 1 egg white and a myoplex low carb drink from gym
    snack two : handful broccoli, to bits cheese and a couple grapes
    meal two: chicken soup with rice noodles - preworkout food and 1/2 coffee ( i need to find another stimulant)
    workout: chest.. bench press 60lbs 12reps x 4 sets ; fly 50lbs 12 x 4 ; decline press 30 x12 x 4 ; dumbell flys 22.5 8- down to 17.5 12x 3 then i walked 20mins.. but all that is because of the caffine without it i am exhausted.
    post work out: 2 scoops protein(one whey one egg) pwdr..5grm glutamine
    i try to do back, chest, shoulders, arms.. all on different days.. because of the cfids.. i figure my legs get enough exercise if i work them 3 x at least a week ..and when i am not in a "flare up" if i am lucky some light cardio 6x a week.
    now the challange will be to eat again, as i am not hungry.. thanks

Blog Entries
    thanks for the link too Slimmer! i will check it out a bit later .. i also found this..
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s...ar-pt1_extreme
    i dont know if it is my machine or the video..but it keeps stalling..haven't made it past the 1st video though.- yet

Blog Entries
    today --
    oatmeal w/ 1 scoop egg protein
    4 egg whites that was breakfast

lunch. 1 piece wheat/high protein bread
    4oz turkey
    juice w/ ginger, lemon, yellow beet, spinach, apple

not sure about dinner not very hungry--
    guess i will have left over chicken breast and ??? or a bowel of high fiber low sugar cereal

Blog Entries
    what do folks think of this routine?
    Mon- Low rep-HEAVY total body lifting, 20 min HIIT
    Tue- 45 min Cardio
    Wed- High rep-LIGHT total body lifting (plyo style) 20 min HIIT
    Thu- 45 min Cardio
    Fri- Moderate total body lifting, 20 min HIIT
    Sat- 45 min Cardio
    Sun- REST

^^ post this in the Workout forum with stats and goals....and....health issues too so the members know
    Author Unknown

Thread Information