Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Love the girl power going on in this thread!
    Don't ya just love it! I do! I DO! I do!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    not sure i can get into the tape measure-- it sounds complicated for my lyme/cfids brain-- i will say though when i was at the doc office i saw a binder for cyponiate and nandrolone and it caught my eye-- i thought quick fix for my energy levels and better work outs! when i was taking the T before in injectables i had good energy and great workouts!--- but also had a big drop in HDL, like 40 points, and blood thickening- and some plaque that built up on my corrded artery- that went away after i stopped the injections.. crazy- i just want to be able to spend 1.5 hours in the gym.. okay-- i looked at my calander i was able to workout 5 days in a row for 30 mins before the body crashed-.. so i am grateful for that..it may not be what it used to be-- but at least i had some -- next week i will try a special B12+ glutathione from my doc office to help with energy and detoxing the body and something else for immune regulation-- on top of this gamma stuff they are giving me.. i hope it helps- it is breaking the bank!

gbrice!! i saw sm' post-- see you have an awesome back!! you go boy! and you also have a nice pump on your bi's-- someone told me he heard the way to get good biceps is to work the tri's ..that doesnt make sense does it? also i thougt deadlifts were mostly for lowerback-- see i got more schoolin to do!!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    gbrice!! i saw sm' post-- see you have an awesome back!! you go boy! and you also have a nice pump on your bi's-- someone told me he heard the way to get good biceps is to work the tri's ..that doesnt make sense does it? also i thougt deadlifts were mostly for lowerback-- see i got more schoolin to do!!!
    Confused as to what post you're referring to... but thanks nonetheless!

Working tri's doesn't build good bi's, but it will build good/big arms in general. Think about it - the tri's make up roughly 2/3rds of the arm, so develop them, and you'll have big arms!

Deads work EVERYTHING - literally. They certainly hit lower back, but so much more. Quads and glutes when you're coming up from the lowest position, lower back, glutes and hams at the top/lockout, and upper back, traps, forearms etc. throughout the entire exercise. They may not directly hit chest and shoulders, but it's such a big exercise, everything will grow with heavy properly executed deads.

Blog Entries
    Confused as to what post you're referring to... but thanks nonetheless!

Working tri's doesn't build good bi's, but it will build good/big arms in general. Think about it - the tri's make up roughly 2/3rds of the arm, so develop them, and you'll have big arms!

Deads work EVERYTHING - literally. They certainly hit lower back, but so much more. Quads and glutes when you're coming up from the lowest position, lower back, glutes and hams at the top/lockout, and upper back, traps, forearms etc. throughout the entire exercise. They may not directly hit chest and shoulders, but it's such a big exercise, everything will grow with heavy properly executed deads.
    thanks gbrice! i might want to try some deadlifts but very very lightly, as i dont want to do something wrong and mess up the lower back- i need to find a good website that has a good form video- i could get my old trainer to help me but she only does 1 hour sessions and i can't do weights for 1 hour at this point...unless i have a vietnamse coffee and then i will be done in for a month ! let me know if you have any good locations of videos online for proper technique- i need visuals!
    thanks

thanks gbrice! i might want to try some deadlifts but very very lightly, as i dont want to do something wrong and mess up the lower back- i need to find a good website that has a good form video- i could get my old trainer to help me but she only does 1 hour sessions and i can't do weights for 1 hour at this point...unless i have a vietnamse coffee and then i will be done in for a month ! let me know if you have any good locations of videos online for proper technique- i need visuals!
    thanks
    I'll find a perfect form dead on youtube and link you to it when I get home from work.

Blog Entries
    thanks gb!!! no hurry.. i am taking another day of rest-- got to get back to jucing, i think it helped with energy-- i hope it helps this time.. dont work to hard- and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! if it is your weekend!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Love the girl power going on in this thread!
    good to know! we are different then the guys...that's for sure. LOL!

got to get back to juicing
    You're on a steroid forum hun, this might be taken the wrong way, lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    good to know! we are different then the guys...that's for sure. LOL!
    It's what makes the world go 'round GGR!

Blog Entries
    oops fresh veggie juices altought i wouldnt mind a round some others-- just to speed up my process:
    today was anoter low body energy day--
    food as follows:
    1/4 c oatmeal, rasp and berries 3 eggs whites 1 egg
    meal 2 pp/ grn pwdr and l-glutemaine and lemon, ginger,garlic, beet, apple juice freshly made.
    meal 3 shredded chicken and some rice and i tried a pieace of warm middle eastern flat bread-- not good for my food plan but since i have been cooped up alone for 2 days it was nice to go out and be around people if only for 20 mins waiting for carry out.
    meal 4 hummus w/garlic clove
    meal 5 cottage cheese 2 fish oils
    strange day... no exericse ...excpet i read a book for the first time in years that worked a different muscle.. i hope some energy comes back into the body for tomorrow.. tired of feeling isolated on the couch.

Blog Entries
    saturday- stlll low energy- forced myself to get out of the house
    meal one: 1 egg, 3 whites, oatmeal about 1/2 c- then a vietnamse coffee and laundry- (does that count as exercise?)
    meal two: proteinpowder, pwdr greens
    meal three: beef stew with rice noodles
    - cheated at.. a cream horn
    meal four: cup of bean soup
    meal five: lowfat veggie soup 1/2 cup and 2 chicken tenders- it was late in the day so i had also lowfat cottage cheese and 2 fish oils : )

sunday: still exhausted-- : ((
    meal one: kashi cereal 1 cup with unsweatened almond milk, 3eggs, 1 white
    meal two: fresh juice, lemon, beet, ginger, apple
    meal three: chicken breast, 1 piece high fiber grain bread with hummus spread.
    more to come .

I had a horrific day with regards to foods, so i'm not gonna beat up on anybody this weekend! Let's enjoy the rest of our Sunday, then get our asses back in gear tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    yes...lets enjoy the rest of the day-- although curious minds want to know-- what is a horrific day for you in regards to food?? and i want to say-- i am glad it was only horrific in regards to food-- hope most all else is good and well or at least managable! I have had a rocky emotional weekend around having this cfids crash-- (not sure if it is/was related to gamma injection or not) and hoping the b12 shot tomorrow if i make it can give me some stamina to get back on track-- just tired of being a cfids guiena pig-- and was lookign forward to having some social time this weekend, but didnt make it. did do some good meditation though! hang in there gbrice-- i heard once that when we have a "binge day" it reaves up our metabolism"--

^^ have a look in my thread for a (probably incomplete) list of the horror, lol! Yes, I had a nice weekend - it was only horrific w/ regards to food.

Sorry to hear about your weekend however. How about next weekend for social weekend - any plans?

re: metabolism being revved up - true to an extent, but ideally you'd overfeed w/ clean foods, moderate protein, high carb, low fat. Note this is because i'm on a strict cut. On a maintenance or gaining type diet, i'd be much more relaxed with what I eat on a 'cheat day'. Also note I don't really believe in full on cheat days, although I allowed today to derail and turn into one.

Ok, sorry for hijacking your thread - we can talk about my issues in my own thread, lol!

Blog Entries
    gbrice --- thanks for reminding me i might be able to have another weekend--but no plans yet-- how bout i will plan to feel better! ! ...it is too easy to get stuck in the "i am sick of feeling sick" !!! I can't find our food thread, can you pop on the link? trying to figure out dinner-- cambells chicken noodle soup sounds good- as i dont have much of an appetite--- i know i need to eat something ... thanks for your comment about clean foods-- i agree clean is better-- darn it, if i could just figure it out when i am not feeling well.. -- for now i am being easy ...but making sure i eat.. I didnt think you hijacked my thread.. I saw your workout thread but couldn't find the food.. Hope you have a good rest of your evening- tomorrow is a brand new day!

Blog Entries
    meal one: kashi cereal 1 cup with unsweatened almond milk, 3eggs, 1 white
    meal two: fresh juice, lemon, beet, ginger, apple
    meal three: chicken breast, 1 piece high fiber grain bread with hummus spread.
    meal four: 1 cup veggie soup, with 1/8cup brown rice, grilled chicken breast
    meal five: cottage cheese and 2 fish oils.. you all help...it is good to be accountable! thank you

gbrice --- thanks for reminding me i might be able to have another weekend--but no plans yet-- how bout i will plan to feel better! ! ...it is too easy to get stuck in the "i am sick of feeling sick" !!! I can't find our food thread, can you pop on the link? trying to figure out dinner-- cambells chicken noodle soup sounds good- as i dont have much of an appetite--- i know i need to eat something ... thanks for your comment about clean foods-- i agree clean is better-- darn it, if i could just figure it out when i am not feeling well.. -- for now i am being easy ...but making sure i eat.. I didnt think you hijacked my thread.. I saw your workout thread but couldn't find the food.. Hope you have a good rest of your evening- tomorrow is a brand new day!
    Sorry Q, which food thread are you referring to?

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=gbrice75;5726504]^^ have a look in my thread for a (probably incomplete) list of the horror, lol!

Sorry Q, which food thread are you referring to?
    gb-- the above mentioned list.. but no worries --

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    sorry i haven't chimed in. looks like you are on the right track. what are you taking gamma injections for? b-12 will help out with the energy level, are anemic or anything to that nature?

Blog Entries
    thanks ragin cajun!.. i am going to try the b12 today- not anemic that i know of.. but possilbe "chronic lyme disease" and taking gamma injections becasue my IGG subclasses are low.. they have been using it for cfids- for a while, sometimes it helps sometimes not-- it is all a dice game-- i hope the b12 special helps..i am tired of feeling like a slug- this is worse than usual, havn't been to the gym in a week-- and that is not typical for me, even when energy is low i try to go for 20 mins ... i am wondering if last weeks gamma shot boosted my immune system, in turn kickiing out some of the "chronic llyme" bacteria- or "chronic reactived, epestin barr virius" i reallly get into dispair sometimes that the medical system hasnt' or can't seem to figure this out-- none the less.
    i really appreciate the chime in!! thanks

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    hum.....i sure hope that the b-12 inj help out some, they might! my friend's mom was feeling like you are describing and took the B-12 shots and it made her a new person, so i hope it works out for you! the human body is a tricky and awesome thing. i was in cancer research for a while and our big thing was 'host' immunity. we try tricking/altering the immune system by giving vaccines of the persons own cells in which we damaged and put a bunch of antibodies in with it to mimic/trick the immune system to attack the cancer. i will have to do some research on this and see if i can maybe come up with some questions to ask your doc. in the meantime, hope the energy level perks up!

Blog Entries
    thanks cajun!! it seems the money keeps getting cut for cfids research- funny thing there are so many people i know it and they cant work and are on ssi or ssdi- you would think the government would want to invest money to find a "cure " or "treatment" to get people more mobile and tax paying again!! questions are good- i had the b12 shot not feeling it yet- do you know how often your friends mother got her injections? what is strange is i just got my labs -- my igg subclasses were even lower after the gamma injection-- i wonder if the "shot" told my body not to produce as much- kinda like with our hormones? who knows.. the doctors can't even decide on how often i am to get these injections-- we'll see how i feel tomorrow-- hard to be patient~ !

gk...i want you to know that many people wouldn't get out of bed, let alone try to make a different in their own health and life, but you are doing it...one day at a time!

Blog Entries
    aawwweee thanks ggr! today wasnt' the best with food..but i ate 3x at least... and got the b12 shot and went to a group.. energy seems to be picking up glad yet it is after 9 ...aren't i supposed to be tired now!!! thanks for the support- i look forward to getting back to the gym soon..maybe tomorow..

3x's is better than 2x's.....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    i finally made it back to the gym after a wheatgerm pancake, (no syrup) 4 strips of bacon and a cup of coffee. i had energy to do light weights for an hour!! i have been eating 3x a day with a protein drink (p.pwdr,& grn pwdr) 1 x a day. not the best but just trying to get some energy back. I have started on some isocort to help the adrenals.. maybe it will help me feel better-- and still no answer as to why i crashed after that last gamma shot-- but i hope i am back ... at least with some movement!!! i was so grateful to be at the gym and rather than compare mysel fto all the muscles- i reminded myself, i need to go slow and pace and light ... i can't change it all over nite! -- breakfasts have been oatmeal with protein pwdr.. ran out of eggs... will get some soon.. today i guess i had 2 breakfasts.. !!! hope i can get going!

Gratitude is the name of the game and you've got that~
    .....Easy does it and you will WIN this challenge since I know you have it in YOU!

Eating 3x's a day with a protein drink is great to hear. I use the protein shakes to keep my energy up and keep my macros up too to make sure I get in enough protein in me when sometimes I feel I have not eaten enough.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    thanks! nice colors on the new pic... what I have been eating isn't the best..but at least i am eating!!! easy does is my fellow sister!
    macros-- i need to look at that again, lets see thats how much carbs, fat, protein huh...

^^ glad you like the colors!
    as far as macros? what I really meant to say was calories as I am simply trying to make sure i eat enough when I am being so strict hence why I drink my shakes along with my food too and feel no remorse as I feel the shakes for me are helping A LOT to keep the calorie count up along with the protein not to mention the energy they help to provide plus helps to squelch cravings....
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    i have no idea how many calories i am eating.. i have just been eating.. food"to go" tryn to watch portions.. untill i get back onto my on "better " food plan ... lets hope our buddies on the east coast have battened down the hatches and are safe.... gbrice? i cant believe the cithy that never sleeps is powering down!!

qkcam. I use livestrong.com to track my calories and macros. Otherwise, I have no idea what I am putting in and it is amazing how quickly you can go over without tracking and watching portion sizes. Now, I do not track every bite on everyday online, but I do basically eat the same thing every day with few variations, so I do know what I am eating. If you want to lose, it is wretchless to not be informed and the split between proteins, carbs, fats IMHO!

My health became a priority when I got to a point that I was losing it!

Blog Entries
    ggr what was going on with your health? i know if i eat the same thing everyday too where my numbers are.. but i am am realy in a "flare" it gets hard to eat the same thing and i get alot of soup from restaurants and other things-- just to keep myself eating- it's a tricky balance for me and sometimes i just get tired of eating the same thing everyday--so i am hoping if i go with portions...that might help.. and i am not talknig about portions of pasteries!! ha

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    GK...I had no clue you were dealing with actual health challages while making great life style/diet changess. IMPRESSIVE!
    so I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your struggles.
    It helped to put my stupid little issues with dieting ...in perspective.
    Hope the B12 shots help and I utterly agree with you about the duffey way the goverment spends its money when it comes to our health.

Blog Entries
    thanks sexy4.. i hope the b12's help too.. am planning on going again tomorrow.. i have no idea how often to get em.. and they add other stuff to it.. glutathione, amd, nadh, and thymus- so it isnt just a b12.. they dont really give me clear answers on frequency, i get the feeling it could be as often as i can afford- but that isn't much science there- the hardest part about having cfids or chronic lyme is the isolation-- not fun and not always alot of energy to socialize... it is a good day when i can get to exericse and cook meal for myself.. everythign else, if there is any- is icing on the cake..so to speak ..
    hopefully this week will be a better energy week ...i started taking eleuthero in liquid mabye it will help maybe it is a waste of money- who knows!!! hope all had a good safe weekend!

Blog Entries
    Hey all it has been a while since i posted. low energy but slowly started getting back to the gym Yay! i did an hour today.. chest, abs and 20mins walking, sat i did an hour with shoulders, arms and few light leg presses to see how my body would hold up. Tues i did back for about 25mins.. my food has been pretty good ...very small meals every 2 to 3 hrs.. for breakfast i have only been having oatmeal with handful blueberries handful walnuts protein pwdr.. then a few hours later i have 1 egg, and 3 whites. been trying to have light lunches and dinners- with cottage cheese and 2 fishoils.. not eating enough veggies but 1x a day have 1 scp protein powder with grn pwdr, glutamine, d-ribose (i think the ribose has been helping). time for a nap- and i have been craving chicken soup- so letting myself have it from the healthy places i can find that dont use the skin- and use primarly white meat. still down about 2 lbs but seem to be holding there-- of course i havn't been able to do much "cardio" or walking cause latly..but did today-slowly getting back at it.

Hey all it has been a while since i posted. low energy but slowly started getting back to the gym Yay! i did an hour today.. chest, abs and 20mins walking, sat i did an hour with shoulders, arms and few light leg presses to see how my body would hold up. Tues i did back for about 25mins.. my food has been pretty good ...very small meals every 2 to 3 hrs.. for breakfast i have only been having oatmeal with handful blueberries handful walnuts protein pwdr.. then a few hours later i have 1 egg, and 3 whites. been trying to have light lunches and dinners- with cottage cheese and 2 fishoils.. not eating enough veggies but 1x a day have 1 scp protein powder with grn pwdr, glutamine, d-ribose (i think the ribose has been helping). time for a nap- and i have been craving chicken soup- so letting myself have it from the healthy places i can find that dont use the skin- and use primarly white meat. still down about 2 lbs but seem to be holding there-- of course i havn't been able to do much "cardio" or walking cause latly..but did today-slowly getting back at it.

That is awesome!!!!!! 2 pounds is 2 pounds baby!! Plus you are still posting on the boards so you are doing great...keep up with it and you will make more progress!! Congrats!!!!!

Glad to see you back!

2 pounds is 2 pounds.....GLad you making progress. Slow wins the race here. The other plans are temporary and can backtrack. So you are just fine.....
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    thanks peeps! do you all think i am "over training" i know it sounds strange .. but for a person with cfids- ( if that is what i have, or anyone) doing back then a day off then chest then a day off then shoulders and arms..is that over training the arms? had the 3rd gamma shot yesterday - docs couldnt give me an answer why it knocked me back so hard after the 2nd time.. the 1st time i felt great. .. today was productive--- but a low fever sit in .maybe the body doesnt like it.. but i must keep going!! I must find a way to get better-- i want to be able to move my body for at least an hour a day without getting sick and everyday woudl be nice= I am too stuborn to just give up. at least today! .. i am grateful for all the tips you all have been sharing, and i would like to spend more time reading others posts-- i am trying to work towards that to keep learning.. got to see the pacific yesterday -- it was nice to get out and smell the fresh ocean air. hope to get some lively energy for the weekend-- everyone have fun enjoy the moment .

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    im not going to try to pretend I undersatnd what cfids truely is or how it effects people, so I have zero imput on your training hun, sorry BUT i did look it up and from what I saw there are ladys that train for marthons ect. Im sure its diff for every one. The only advice I would give is that if 1 day of over the top training is so much that it stops you from training the following day~ prob not as good/healthy as consistant moderate training IMO regardless, your attitude is a winner so soon your body will follow suite

^^^ could not have said it better Sexy....especially if over training prevents the next day workout plus qk's WINNING attitude!
    Author Unknown

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information