Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytoon View Post
    Day 17 / Week 3 (Wed)

Yesterday I worked on my legs. I didn't have much time so had to make my workout quick.

Exercises were:
    Squats 3 * 10
    Split Squats 3 * 10
    lying leg curls 4 * 12
    Calf raises 4 * 15 (slow)

Cardio:
    Fasted

Although it was a quick workout I made sure the intensity was high. Must of worked cause I couldn't walk today. Ha ha, that may have something to do with the split squats!

Diet was spot on to. What macro's are you currently going with?

Also I haven't been losing any weight on the scales, however I went and measured my stomach and I'm happy to say that I've lost 3 inches in two months. So this would mean that I'm burning fat and not muscle!! Hopefully I can keep this trend up

So I'm off to the gym to smash my chest! Will update you all after my workout
    Surprised you're not losing weight but if you are losing fat then that means you are gaining some muscle too. Had your bodyfat checked recently?

Definitely a difference in the phot's, keep it up.

sheytoon is offline Associate Member
    Day 18 / Week 3

Chest

What an awesome workout. Really punished my chest today.

Exercises were:
    Bench BB 4 * 10
    Decline bench BB 4 * 10
    Incline bench DB 4 * 10
    Decline Cable flies 4 * 10

Abs:
    Hanging leg raises 4 * 12
    Side crunches using the cable 4 * 20 each side

Cardio
    25 min on the Cross Trainer 5km, 300cals Heart rate 170+

I'm happy to report that my strength was up on everything.

On another note I had a question about cardio. What is the ideal fat burning zone? Is it when you heart rate is high or around 123 - 130 etc???

Can I ask why you do decline cable flyes?

I wouldn't worry about the 'fat burning zone' for cardio at this stage. Wait until your bodyfat is down to 15% or less. Base your cardio around HIIT. If you do 25 mins HIIT and still have time for more cardio just stick to a steady pace for the remaining time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Can I ask why you do decline cable flyes?

I wouldn't worry about the 'fat burning zone' for cardio at this stage. Wait until your bodyfat is down to 15% or less. Base your cardio around HIIT. If you do 25 mins HIIT and still have time for more cardio just stick to a steady pace for the remaining time.
    Hey SteM hope your well

I did decline cable flyes as I really need to work on the lower part of my chest thus the gym trainer said that these are perfect for that area.

Re cardio that's what I thought but I was talking to a couple of people and they all were giving similar advise, to ensure your heart rate is in the fat burning zone for best results...

Also just one other quick question, can I do HIIT fasted? If so I'll keep my fasted cardio as HIIT and/or high intensity...

In the end I go by how wet my gear gets....if I look like I've just had a shower with my cloths on, then I know I've done some serious damage

Surprised you're not losing weight but if you are losing fat then that means you are gaining some muscle too. Had your bodyfat checked recently?

Definitely a difference in the phot's, keep it up.
    Thanks Stem

The weight thing has got me baffled to...I've put it down to our scale at the gym is broken but who knows..???....

Re body fat, I haven't had it checked but will do shortly....That's a good idea...

And yes I was cursing you and your split squats every time I took a step today

I'm following this diet:

Meal One
    4 Egg Whites
    1 Whole Egg
    45g Oats
    Protein (1 scoop)
    1 Banana
    Totals (all in grams)-
    Fat: 9.28
    Protein : 47.13
    Carbs: 49.3
    Calories: 468

Meal Two
    125g Brown Rice
    Tegel Hony Roast Turkey (200g)
    Salad
    Totals (all in grams)-
    Fat: 6.5
    Protein : 43.7
    Carbs: 43.6
    Calories: 413

Meal Three
    1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
    185g Can of Tuna In Spring Water (with lemon juice)
    1 cup Broccoli
    Totals (all in grams)-
    Fat: 10
    Protein : 43
    Carbs: 11
    Calories: 301

Pre Workout
    Tegal Shredded Roast Chicken (200g)
    1 cup Broccoli
    100g Sweat potato
    Totals (all in grams)-
    Fat: 5.6
    Protein : 56.2
    Carbs: 31
    Calories: 398

After workout (All mixed in a blender)
    Protein Shake (2 scoops)
    1 Cup Raspberries
    45g Oats
    Totals (all in grams)-
    Fat: 6.3
    Protein : 43.1
    Carbs: 42.3
    Calories: 388

Dinner
    Tegal Shredded Roast Chicken (200g)
    Salad
    Totals (all in grams)-
    Fat: 4.6
    Protein : 50.2
    Carbs: 1
    Calories: 258

Total daily intake:
    Fat: 42.28g
    Protein : 283.33
    Carbs: 178.2
    Calories: 2226 (est)
    Last edited by sheytoon; 11-03-2011 at 04:21 AM.

You can do HIIT fasted, yes. I would make sure you are getting 10gBCAA's pre cardio and limit HIIT to 20-25 mins, any additional time at moderate intensity.

Fat is muscle sparing so you shouldn't worry about losing muscle at your current bf levels. As the bf drops we can look at modifying the cardio to suit.

The fat burning zone isn't a myth, as such, but one size doesn't fit all in this game.

Diet looks solid, pretty much the same macro's as me at the minute. Keep on it.

You can do HIIT fasted, yes. I would make sure you are getting 10gBCAA's pre cardio and limit HIIT to 20-25 mins, any additional time at moderate intensity.

Fat is muscle sparing so you shouldn't worry about losing muscle at your current bf levels. As the bf drops we can look at modifying the cardio to suit.

The fat burning zone isn't a myth, as such, but one size doesn't fit all in this game.

Diet looks solid, pretty much the same macro's as me at the minute. Keep on it.
    Thanks for the info SteM I need to go get some BCAA's for the morning

I'm assuming your cutting to?

Yeah, nearing the end of my cut. Was gonna stop Fri Nov 18th when I have a weekend blow out, but may run it a little longer. It's habit now and easier to continue than to move into maintenance. We'll see.

Its funny once you get into it its hard to stop

I think I'll be cutting for a while yet.. then around April try to add some quality muscle...

You have a log SteM?

Day 19 / Week 3 (Friday) - Shoulders

There is nothing better than a 'T-shirt' workout on Friday.

Exercises were:
    Military press BB 4 * 10
    Cable side raises 4 * 12
    DB shrugs 4 * 12
    The last exercise my mate showed me. Its a barbell shrug combined with a barbell military press....Awesome exercise but I'm not sure what its called... 4 *10

Abs:
    Off

Cardio
    25 min on the Cross Trainer 5km, 300cals Heart rate 170+

Day 20 and 21 off

I went on a fishing trip so diet on day 20 was a little messy (and by little I mean a lot )...but semi back on track today...tomorrow will be hitting it hard to make up for the weekend

On another note I cant believe its the starting of week 4 tomorrow. This means I have been logging for almost a month....How time flies! It feels like only yesterday that SlimmerMe suggested I start my log (which I did...)...the changes are coming so going to keep going strong....I'll post some new photos at the end of this week.

So till tomorrow, enjoy the rest of your weekend and eat well
    Last edited by sheytoon; 11-05-2011 at 10:28 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Day 20 and 21 off

I went on a fishing trip so diet on day 20 was a little messy (and by little I mean a lot )...but semi back on track today...tomorrow will be hitting it hard to make up for the weekend

On another note I cant believe its the starting of week 4 tomorrow. This means I have been logging for almost a month....How time flies! It feels like only yesterday that SlimmerMe suggested I start my log (which I did...)...the changes are coming so going to keep going strong....I'll post some new photos at the end of this week.

So till tomorrow, enjoy the rest of your weekend and eat well
    Jumping back on the horse is the way to go and you did just that! Plus you were smart and not only started a log but kept it going so right there you are ahead of the game.

Keep it up. And keep remembering consistency is the key to all of this. And slow wins the race!

YOU GOT IT SHEYTOON!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Its funny once you get into it its hard to stop

I think I'll be cutting for a while yet.. then around April try to add some quality muscle...

You have a log SteM?
    No log, was gonna start one about 6 weeks ago bt job losses and family bereavements kind of took over my life. As it is I'm only about 3lbs off my goal but I may start a log and see if I can double that loss by mid Dec.

Looking forward to new pics next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Jumping back on the horse is the way to go and you did just that! Plus you were smart and not only started a log but kept it going so right there you are ahead of the game.

Keep it up. And keep remembering consistency is the key to all of this. And slow wins the race!

YOU GOT IT SHEYTOON!

Thanks SlimmerMe

It was hard to get back on the horse after having a taste of all the good stuff I've been missing out on but I'm glad I did...

The log is helping a lot as it provides a lot of motivation, I just wish I had started a lot sooner..

And you right, as they say good things take time

How you progressing?

No log, was gonna start one about 6 weeks ago bt job losses and family bereavements kind of took over my life. As it is I'm only about 3lbs off my goal but I may start a log and see if I can double that loss by mid Dec.

Looking forward to new pics next week.
    Sorry to hear about your job loss and family bereavements.

You should start your log even if its short...What fat % are you aiming for?

I'll post the new pics this Sat Going to put in some extra time for cardio due to last weekend.....

Day 21 / Week 4 (Monday)

Start of a new week so I decided to pump bi's and tri's

Exercises were:
    BB Curls 4 * 10
    Hammer curls super set'd with concentration curls 4 * 12
    Close grip curls using the v-bar 4 * 10
    Lying French press 4 * 12
    DB kickbacks 4 * 10
    Dips 4 * 10

Cardio:
    25 min after workout.

Didn't get to do my abs as I was limited ion time.

Diet:
    Diet was back on track after the messy weekend

Thanks SlimmerMe

It was hard to get back on the horse after having a taste of all the good stuff I've been missing out on but I'm glad I did...

The log is helping a lot as it provides a lot of motivation, I just wish I had started a lot sooner..

And you right, as they say good things take time

How you progressing?
    You are so welcome.

I am right on target. Thanks for asking.

KEEP IT UP!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Sorry to hear about your job loss and family bereavements.

You should start your log even if its short...What fat % are you aiming for?

I'll post the new pics this Sat Going to put in some extra time for cardio due to last weekend.....
    Well, new jobs have been obtained and granddad was 96 so he had a good innings!

Aiming for 8% but I'm stopping my cut about 10th Dec so I can have a little maintenance before Christmas week, don't really want that big of a rebound effect by coming off my cut too close to Christmas. If I get below 10% I'll be happy, it's 4 years since I've been there and I ain't getting any younger! I'm ahead of where I thought I would be in all honesty, which is nice.

Slow and steady, mate. Keep on it. Don't be discouraged by a bad week. Even a small loss is a loss and they all add up. Work hard esp out of the gym and you'll get your rewards.

Day 22 / Week 4 (Tuesday)

Last night I worked out back. Was sweating like a Olympic sprinter

Exercises were:
    Pulldowns (alternated between wide grip and reverse grip) 4 * 14
    Dead lifts 4 * From 10 to 6 (Went from 60kgs to 120kgs)
    Full range of motion lat pulldowns 5 * 12
    Bent over bb row 4 *12
    Cable rows 4 * 10

Abs:
    decline crunches 3 * 10
    Cable prayers 4 * 30

Cardio:
    None as gym was closing by the time I finished.

Diet:
    Same as always.

Back was sore and tight today so must have been a good workout

Day 23 / Week 4 (Wednesday)

Tonight was my arch-enemy, legs....

Exercises were:
    Leg extensions 4 * 10
    Squats 5 * 10
    Split squats 4 * 8
    Lying leg curls 4 * 12
    Calf raises 4 * 12

Abs:
    None due to day off

Cardio:
    25 mins on the cross trainer...5.6km's, 330+ cals burnt, heart rate between 175 and 180bpm...shirt- like I had just steeped out of a shower

That's alot of sets! Rep range always 10> or do you ever do lower reps?

So I was going to upload photos later this week but thought I'd do it now...
    As always please be kind

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-09 08.04.45.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	117918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-09 08.05.53.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	117917Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-09 08.05.59.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	346.0 KB 
ID:	117919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-09 08.06.25.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	117920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-09 08.06.50.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	117921

That's alot of sets! Rep range always 10> or do you ever do lower reps?
    Depends on the exercises SteM, but I always do reps till it hurts then do an extra 2 or 3...as Arnie used to say, that's when the muscle grows....you think I should do up the weights and lower the reps? For example my bench is now 100kgs at 8 - 10 reps so could do 110kg's at 6 reps etc

Most definitely leaner and man, you are gonna have some cool delts!

Depends on the exercises SteM, but I always do reps till it hurts then do an extra 2 or 3...as Arnie used to say, that's when the muscle grows....you think I should do up the weights and lower the reps? For example my bench is now 100kgs at 8 - 10 reps so could do 110kg's at 6 reps etc
    There's really no harm with variety. I currently do one week at 6-8 reps and alternate weeks at 10-12. I feel like I maintain (or even build) muscle better on a cut with this approach. Each set is pretty much done to failure.

On my next workout cycle (which isn't a cut) I'll be changing this from 4-6 and 8-10 reps.

Well, new jobs have been obtained and granddad was 96 so he had a good innings!

Aiming for 8% but I'm stopping my cut about 10th Dec so I can have a little maintenance before Christmas week, don't really want that big of a rebound effect by coming off my cut too close to Christmas. If I get below 10% I'll be happy, it's 4 years since I've been there and I ain't getting any younger! I'm ahead of where I thought I would be in all honesty, which is nice.

Slow and steady, mate. Keep on it. Don't be discouraged by a bad week. Even a small loss is a loss and they all add up. Work hard esp out of the gym and you'll get your rewards.
    Like you say jobs come and go....so no stress...beside the upside is you have more time to reach your goal
    In regards to your granddad, sorry to hear that. Its never easy losing someone close.

Thats a good point in regards to xmas. I forgot about all the treats that fly around at that time not to mention the drinking....I think I will need to lock myself in a room

I'm happy to hear your reaching your goal. I still say you should start a log . I'd be interested in seeing how you do...and the end result...

Thanks for the encouragement buddy. Its awesome that you guys (and girls, cough *SlimmerMe*) provide such support.

Bring on the 4 pack....then 6

Most definitely leaner and man, you are gonna have some cool delts!
    Thanks buddy I'm still confused as to why my weight isn't dropping....its kinda staying put....

What fat % do you think I'm at now? Mid 20's? (I still got to get it tested when I get some free time)

There's really no harm with variety. I currently do one week at 6-8 reps and alternate weeks at 10-12. I feel like I maintain (or even build) muscle better on a cut with this approach. Each set is pretty much done to failure.

On my next workout cycle (which isn't a cut) I'll be changing this from 4-6 and 8-10 reps.
    I may "borrow" that approach from you When I was aiming to get big, that's the training technique I would use. Low reps but super heavy at full movement...

Thanks SlimmerMe Good to hear your on track...

Day 24 / Week 4 (Thursday)

I had no time limits so managed to do an awesome chest workout...

Exercise were:
    BB bench 12, 8, 6, 10 (I started with a light weight to warm up then hit it hard. Back to benching 120Kg which I'm happy about )
    Decline DB bench 4 * 10
    Incline DB bench 3 * 10
    DB flys 4 * 10

Abs:
    Cable prayers super-steted with hanging leg raises 3 * 20

Cardio:
    22 mins on the cross trainer, 5kms - 300 cals

Diet:
    On target

I'm dead now so going to pass out. I have a day off tomorrow so next update on sat.....

Kudos for photos! And agree about your delts. Keep going......you got this!
    Author Unknown

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm almost ready for my two week blast!
    lower weights, higher reps
    more intensive cardio
    reduce cals
    and attempting clen again

hoping to drop a % or two of BF. (damn! wish i had some calipers)

and stopping all peps, test, and var, to desensitize receptors.

sorry for the hijack. had to tell someone! =)

Hi everyone who is following…I know it’s been a few days since I last updated my log (naughty naughty) but I’ve been extremely busy so haven’t had a chance….

So here is a brief of the last 4 or 5 days….

Day 25 / Week 4 (Friday) – Day off….nothing to report here just ate and slept so that was that 

Day 26 / Week 4 (Saturday) – Shoulders
    Had an awesome shoulder workout. Was similar to my last shoulder workout.
    Cardio and abs as usual.

Day 27 / Week 4 (Sunday) – Day Off…..just slept and relaxed most of the day. I did however have a cheat meal…my god it felt good but so guilty…..

Day 28 / Week 5 (Monday) – Arms

Blasted the Arms on Monday.

Exercises:
    BB Curls (up’d weight to 50kg’s) 8, 6, 6, 8
    Cable concentration curls 4 * 10
    Seated v bar curls (3 seconds down, 2 seconds up) 4 * 10
    Lying French press super set’d with close grip bench-press 4 * 10 of each exercise
    Dips with a extra 15kg weight 4 * 10
    DB One-Arm tricep ext – 4 * 10

Cardio:
    25 mins HIIT

Diet:
    As always….

Day 29 / Week 5 – Back

Last night was back.

Exercises:
    Pulldowns (alternated between wide and reverse close grip) 4 * 10
    Dead lifts (up’d the weight to 120kg’s) 4 * 6
    Cable rows 4 * 10
    Back extentions 4 * 10

Abs:
    Cable prayers super set’d with leg raises 4 * 20

Cardio:
    22 mins HIIT

Diet – as always except I ate fish instead chicken for dinner.

On another note, my weight still hasn’t dropped but I think my tummy is going smaller…I’m still floating around 100kg mark? Not sure what’s going on….I’ll post some photos next week….
    I’ve also managed to acquire some epha from my doctor so I have started another EC stack…Will run this for 8 weeks to help burn any remaining fat

Ohh and here is a photo of what I looked like before I started just to give you an idea of where I was….this photo was taken at the beginning of this year before I started my dieting (i'm the guy not the girl )….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	163110_489779361283_601006283_6181589_4583271_n.jpeg 
Views:	469 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	118049

Don't ever rely on your weight. It's all about the bf % and retention of LBM.

Now, the really improtant question. Is she yours?

Hello everyone. I know its been about a week since i updated my log, but i was away celebrating my one year anaversioury with my GF thus I didnt get a chance.

Day 29 / Week 5 – Chest
    Day 30 - 34 - Eating, drinking, relaxing, tanning and swimming on an Island

OK so let’s start from Monday this week....

Day 35 / Week 6 – Arms (Monday)

Blasted Arms. It was an awesome workout as they are still sore today. I didn’t get a chance to do cardio or abs as my gym partner and I got to the gym extremely late

Day 36 / Week 6 – Back (Tuesday)

Exercises:
    Pulldowns (alternated between wide and reverse close grip) 4 * 10
    Dead lifts (up’d the weight to 130kg’s) 4 * 6
    Cable rows 4 * 10
    Back extensions 4 * 10

Abs:
    Cable prayers super set’d with leg raises 4 * 20
    Side crunches 4 * 20

Cardio:
    22 mins HIIT

On another note, I'm going to aim to do legs 2 times a week as I want them to grow a little bit faster.

Also I'll upload some photos tonight but it doesn’t look like i have changed much since the last set however this is probably due to the fact that I had a few days off...any ways back on track now....
    Last edited by sheytoon; 11-22-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Hey Stem,

Yeah i've given up on the scales...its just to all over the show.
    Now to answer the 'important question' No she is only a friend (one of the many Russian friends I have)......

Have a great Thanksgiving!
    Author Unknown

Wink

Hey Stem,

Yeah i've given up on the scales...its just to all over the show.
    Now to answer the 'important question' No she is only a friend (one of the many Russian friends I have)......
    Got it, Pimp Daddio!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information