Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    sheytoon is offline Associate Member
    Thanks SlimmerMe. Happy Thanks giving to all of you in the states.

Haha I wish SteM.

Day 37 / Week 6 (Wednesday)

Legs!

Worked out hard on the legs last night.

Exercises:
    Leg Press 4 *10
    Squats 4 * 10
    Lying leg curls 4 * 10
    Split squats 4 * 8
    ‘Calfs press’ 4 * 12

Abs:
    None

Cardio:
    25 mins HIIT

Now I need your guys advise, my squats are pathetic compared to the weights i do for other exercises. Just to give you an idea I can deadlift and bench more than I can squat. Also when I go heavy my technique goes all over the show. Last night I was struggling with 100kg's.
    What is the best way to build my squats up? I'm thinking to do legs twice a week with the second session mainly focused on Squats (including split squats) and calfs. Any thoughts on this? Also if anyone could post a good video showing how to perform proper squats it would be much appreciated

Ohh and on another note, here are a couple of photos, more are coming....will try and get them by this weekend

I threw in the one with my shirt on just to give you all an idea of what my shirt looks like after my cardio session (yes i wash them after each session ).....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-18 13.49.24.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	118206 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-23 18.06.57.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	118207 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-23 21.27.45.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	118208
    Last edited by sheytoon; 11-23-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Day 38 / Week 6 (Thursday)

Off due to a friends leaving dinner.

Day 39 /Week 6 (Friday)

Chest

Exercises:
    Bench 4 * 8
    Incline 4 * 10
    Incline flys 4 * 10
    Dips 2 * 8

Abs:
    Hanging leg raises 4 * 10
    Cable side crunches 4 * 18

Cardio:
    32 mins running.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What is your current weight? Clothes feeling differently I suspect?!

Mate, you should really be able to deadlift more than you can squat or bench. I struggle with squats a bit too. The thing that changed it for me was a wider stance and having the bar sit much lower on my back to resolve balance issues. So, when you go heavy, what exactly happens to your form? Have you tried higher reps for legs, say 12-20?

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    What is your current weight? Clothes feeling differently I suspect?!

Mate, you should really be able to deadlift more than you can squat or bench. I struggle with squats a bit too. The thing that changed it for me was a wider stance and having the bar sit much lower on my back to resolve balance issues. So, when you go heavy, what exactly happens to your form? Have you tried higher reps for legs, say 12-20?
    Hey Stem,

Sorry about the late reply, work has been killing me....

Now in regards to my weight, its sitting at 101kg's. Which means since i Started (before this log) I've lost 4 or 5 Kg's in total. However saying that my waist has gone from a size 38 inch to under 35 . The best part is that cloths that I couldn't wear now fit me and everything is tight around my arms

Re Squats, I took your advise last night and went wide with my toes facing a little out. This helped a lot. I was able to squat my 100kg's in perfect form (deep squats) for 6 reps at 5 sets. Before when i used to squat, my legs would wobble and I was unable to go down low. So thanks again

Now back to the updates....

OK so as mentioned before its been about 4 days since I've updated...this is due to work and my business. Its been keeping me extreamly busy...however I have still had time to go to the gym..although in saying that, my diet hasn't been the best (being honest here). Its not so much what I'm eating but how often I eat. I know its a really bad thing, but I've been missing meals However yesterday I was back on track as i couldn't go another day of diverting from my plan

So for the update....

Day 39 / Week 6 (Saturday)

Nothing but 30 mins cardio

Day 40 / Week 6 (Sunday)

Day at the pools in the sun...so if getting a tan is a workout, then I smashed it

Day 41 / Week 7 (Monday)

Day off due to work/personal reasons

Day 42 / Week 7 (Tuesday)

A workout woohoo....and it was back

Exercises:
    Wide grip pull downs 4 *10
    v grip pull downs 4 *10
    Full range of motion lat pull downs 3 * 10
    Bent over bb row 3 *10
    Seated rows 4 * 12 with 10 seconds rest in between

Abs:
    None

Cardio:
    25 mins Cross trainer

Day 43 / Week 7 (Wednesday)

Legs day

Ok so we were a bit short on time so it was either do less cardio or shorten my weight workout...i went with workout..however in saying this I did a lot of sets of squats, ranging from 6 to 8 reps.

Exercises:
    Squats 5 * 6 to 8
    Split squats 4 * 10
    Calf raises 4 * 10 to 12

Abs:
    Cable crunches 3 * 20
    Hanging leg raises 3 * 12
    Side crunches using the cable 3 * 18

Cardio:
    20 mins HIIT on the cross trainer

Outcome - Very sore legs

On another note, I have taken new photos so will update them shortly. Also I may look at tightening up my diet to get rid of the rest of the fat....SteM, SlimmerMe and co this is where your help is much appreciated....

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytoon View Post
    Ohh and on another note, here are a couple of photos, more are coming....will try and get them by this weekend

I threw in the one with my shirt on just to give you all an idea of what my shirt looks like after my cardio session (yes i wash them after each session ).....

Name:	2011-11-18 13.49.24.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	118206 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-23 18.06.57.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	118207 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-23 21.27.45.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	118208
    Are the 1st 2 pics from around the same time?

In the 2nd pic, you look like you have great delts and potential. One bit of advice though, just based on that pic, is to focus on your right side. Your left side is clearly bigger and more developed, so it's gotta be your dominant side. I have the same problem, to a lesser degree. Using dumbbells instead of barbells where applicable will help balance things out a bit.

Looking forward to the new pics, you're doing great bro!

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytoon

Hey Stem,

Sorry about the late reply, work has been killing me....

Now in regards to my weight, its sitting at 101kg's. Which means since i Started (before this log) I've lost 4 or 5 Kg's in total. However saying that my waist has gone from a size 38 inch to under 35 . The best part is that cloths that I couldn't wear now fit me and everything is tight around my arms

Re Squats, I took your advise last night and went wide with my toes facing a little out. This helped a lot. I was able to squat my 100kg's in perfect form (deep squats) for 6 reps at 5 sets. Before when i used to squat, my legs would wobble and I was unable to go down low. So thanks again

Now back to the updates....
    One other thing about your squat balance could be shoes!! Try using converse chuck taylor, i tried them after reading a post here on the weight training section or something and i have been using them since. Use shoes that are flat sole, like converse or similar!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    On another note, I have taken new photos so will update them shortly. Also I may look at tightening up my diet to get rid of the rest of the fat....SteM, SlimmerMe and co this is where your help is much appreciated....
    IMO fasted cardio as many days of the week as you can and then another cardio later in the day. And I am waiting for Phate to find an article of a study made which suggested that cardio 2x's a day for not as long of a time ( something like 20-25 minutes each time I think, not certain) will take the BF off better than one long session. And as a note when I did my 90 day challenge I did fasted cardio just about every single day and another one later in the day many times and sometimes 3 times a day hence why I was able to meet my challenge.....so this is what I would do.

Consistency is the key.

Keep going~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

DubVwrestler171 is offline New Member
    Looking good man. It's motivating to look at your logs. I need to trim up my diet as well! Just a tip on the shoes, I actually wear wrestling shoes. I have the asics rulon gardners, and the grip is awesome! ESP if your gym has carpet( mine does and I have NO idea why) and even on the matted floors of other gyms the grip is superior to regular shoes. I've found it helps with keeping your feet on the ground during bench, shoulder presses, seated exercises, etc. But that's just my opinion. Keep up the hard work and the post!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Are the 1st 2 pics from around the same time?

In the 2nd pic, you look like you have great delts and potential. One bit of advice though, just based on that pic, is to focus on your right side. Your left side is clearly bigger and more developed, so it's gotta be your dominant side. I have the same problem, to a lesser degree. Using dumbbells instead of barbells where applicable will help balance things out a bit.

Looking forward to the new pics, you're doing great bro!

Hey Gbrice

Yep the first two photos are around the same time (I think a few days apart….)

Thanks for the advice and yes my right side is the weaker one. I can feel it in workouts like bench, shoulder press etc. My left can push and my right just dies….I’ll start using dumbbells now for chest and shoulders…Hopefully as you say this will sort this little issue out

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    One other thing about your squat balance could be shoes!! Try using converse chuck taylor, i tried them after reading a post here on the weight training section or something and i have been using them since. Use shoes that are flat sole, like converse or similar!
    Thanks for the suggestion Papiriqui

I'll give it a try as I use trainers to do my suqats. They are awesome for running but for training like squats etc they dont keep me stable enough. I think new shoes mixed with the suggestion from SteM and I should get my squats up there

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    IMO fasted cardio as many days of the week as you can and then another cardio later in the day. And I am waiting for Phate to find an article of a study made which suggested that cardio 2x's a day for not as long of a time ( something like 20-25 minutes each time I think, not certain) will take the BF off better than one long session. And as a note when I did my 90 day challenge I did fasted cardio just about every single day and another one later in the day many times and sometimes 3 times a day hence why I was able to meet my challenge.....so this is what I would do.

Consistency is the key.

Keep going~
    Hey SlimmerMe

First I love the photos you use as your avatar

In regards to the cardio, I am going to do what you suggested...From Monday I will do cardio twice a day...I'm declaring war on my lower tummy fat as summer is here..

On another note, hows your training going?

Quote Originally Posted by DubVwrestler171 View Post
    Looking good man. It's motivating to look at your logs. I need to trim up my diet as well! Just a tip on the shoes, I actually wear wrestling shoes. I have the asics rulon gardners, and the grip is awesome! ESP if your gym has carpet( mine does and I have NO idea why) and even on the matted floors of other gyms the grip is superior to regular shoes. I've found it helps with keeping your feet on the ground during bench, shoulder presses, seated exercises, etc. But that's just my opinion. Keep up the hard work and the post!
    Hey DubVwrestler171,

Thanks for the comments I'm very happy to hear that my logs provide some motivation.

As you know diet is key. I never really paid attention to it but once i did the changes were coming like a storm. Get your diet sorted ASAP and you will be achieving your goals in not time

Also, I'd recommend to you the same thing that SlimmerMe recommended to me...start a log. It really helps a lot especially when the motivation drops a bit...Also its awesome to track the changes your body goes through

Day 44 / Week 7 (Thursday)

Day off due to work. Will be training this weekend to ensure I am on track. Tonight (Friday - Day 45) will be Chest.

On another note, here are the updated photos...

Name:	New.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	118412 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new2.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	118413 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new3.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	118414

As you can see I still have a long way to go but I think I'm getting there...From Monday I'll be doing cardio twice a day (as suggested by a couple of members) just to get rid of the rest of my fat...I'm happy that my top abs are finally making an appearance (They have been in hiding for a while) however I would like my lower abs to join them as well.
    Last edited by sheytoon; 12-01-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Day 45 / Week 7 (Friday)

Cardio

Day 46 / Week 7 (Saturday)

Day off sue to being sick

Day 47 / Week 7 (Sunday)

Day off sue to being sick

I didn't get a chance to hit the gym in the weekend due to being sick but feeling better now so will start again tonight.

Hey SlimmerMe

First I love the photos you use as your avatar THANKS!

In regards to the cardio, I am going to do what you suggested...From Monday I will do cardio twice a day...GREAT!I'm declaring war on my lower tummy fat as summer is here..

On another note, hows your training going?
    My training is going great as I have a PT who I just adore. She is perfect and has a great disposition and is knowledgeable too.
    thanks for asking....

Hey DubVwrestler171,

Thanks for the comments I'm very happy to hear that my logs provide some motivation.

As you know diet is key. BINGO!I never really paid attention to it but once i did the changes were coming like a storm. Get your diet sorted ASAP and you will be achieving your goals in not time

Also, I'd recommend to you the same thing that SlimmerMe recommended to me...start a log.SECRET TO SUCCESS! It really helps a lot especially when the motivation drops a bit...Also its awesome to track the changes your body goes through

I didn't get a chance to hit the gym in the weekend due to being sick but feeling better now so will start again tonight.
    So happy to hear you are feeling better and back in the game, Sheytoon.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Day 48 / Week 8 (Monday)

Feeling better so was back in the gym last night…Worked out shoulders

Exercises were:
    DB press 4 * 10
    Cable side lifts 3 * 10
    Weighted shrugs 3 * 10
    BB shrugs and standing military press 4 * 10

Abs
    Incline crunches 3 * 20
    Hanging leg raises 3 * 10

Cardio
    20 min HIIT 5
    5 min cool down

I didn’t get to do my cardio in the morning as I got up late

On a side note measured my waist and its down another inch…down to 33.5 inches…so something is working.
    My weight is still sitting at 101.8kg’s

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    keep up the positive work! consistency is the magic to this stuff!

My training is going great as I have a PT who I just adore. She is perfect and has a great disposition and is knowledgeable too.
    thanks for asking....

So happy to hear you are feeling better and back in the game, Sheytoon.
    Good to hear that you have a PT. Its always helpful when someone is there to give you that extra drive. You're doing well!

Yes it feels good to be back. Something was going around the office and I was unfortunate enough to catch it! But its all out and I'm ready to keep chipping away

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    keep up the positive work! consistency is the magic to this stuff!
    Thanks 00

Its getting harder as we approach the 'silly' season, but i have my eye on the prize (fat % below 10) so wont be getting to distracted....

On another note, I have to organise a body fat test, but just looking at the photos, would anyone know roughly what % i would be now?

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    lol xmas is the hardest to maintain focus, keep your goals on ur mind at all times especially when desert is being served

Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    lol xmas is the hardest to maintain focus, keep your goals on ur mind at all times especially when desert is being served
    Hahah Ishall you got that right. With all the goodies flying past me I have to tape my mouth shut! It makes it even harder with all the corporate functions which I am invited to. Especially when they provide unlimited drinks and food....

Day 49 / Week 8 (Tuesday)

Worked out arms

Exercises were:
    BB standing curls 4 * 8
    45 degree Seated DB curls 4 * 10
    Concentration curls 4 * 8
    BB French press super set’d with close grip bench 4 * 10 (both)
    One handed standing DB extensions 3 * 10
    Dips 3 * 10

Abs
    Day off

Cardio
    20 min HIIT
    5 min cool down

Day 50 / Week 8 (Wednesday)

Legs, legs and more legs – woohoo

Exercises were:
    Squats 5 * 8
    Leg press 4 * 10
    Split squats 3 * 10 (Just for SteM)
    Calf extensions on the leg press 4 * 12

Abs
    Incline crunches 3 * 20
    Hanging leg raises 3 * 10

Cardio
    20 min HIIT

Day 51 / Week 8 (Thursday)

It’s a day off due to my work function and a very close friend’s birthday after. However I don’t plan to drink and eat junk fund. Just going to feed my body all the good stuff.

Hahah Ishall you got that right. With all the goodies flying past me I have to tape my mouth shut! It makes it even harder with all the corporate functions which I am invited to. Especially when they provide unlimited drinks and food....
    this is when CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO comes in handy.....
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hey Gbrice

Yep the first two photos are around the same time (I think a few days apart….)

Thanks for the advice and yes my right side is the weaker one. I can feel it in workouts like bench, shoulder press etc. My left can push and my right just dies….I’ll start using dumbbells now for chest and shoulders…Hopefully as you say this will sort this little issue out
    Hey bro,

Sorry I haven't had the chance to look at updates in a while, but I was just wondering if you implemented dumbbells, and if so do you feel/see any difference yet? I know it's early, just curious!!

Hope you are feeding the good stuff......I am trying myself....since 'tis the season.....
    Author Unknown

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Late to the party, didn't read too much, based upon your last pics the best thing for you is to add some muscle. Your shoulders are over developed for your overall physique (of course you really need to post leg shots) What is your PT doing to address your lagging bodyparts? I am impressed with your progress and dedication, staying here and consistently logging your meals and workouts helps tons.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Hey bro,

Sorry I haven't had the chance to look at updates in a while, but I was just wondering if you implemented dumbbells, and if so do you feel/see any difference yet? I know it's early, just curious!!

Hey GB,

No worries mate i saw that you had some issues. Hope everything is all sorted now. Good to see you started a new log and I'm looking forward to the updates

Based on your suggestions, I've started to use DB for my main workouts (bench - incline - decline - flat etc, shoulders, bicep...) as one side of my chest was becoming uneven as well. No visible changes yet however i have noticed that my reps are a lot more even. My stronger side doesn't dominate anymore thus I gain a better/even workout.

As you say its still early days so in a few weeks I'm hoping visible changes will start to break through. :P

this is when CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO comes in handy.....
    Haha your right SlimmerMe however i've decided to just not go to the corporate functions....just not even going to test myself....still doing more and more cardio

Hope you are feeding the good stuff......I am trying myself....since 'tis the season.....
    SlimmerMe I'm sure you look great even if you give in to a little temptation!! Like you say tis the season so just roll with it

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Late to the party, didn't read too much, based upon your last pics the best thing for you is to add some muscle. Your shoulders are over developed for your overall physique (of course you really need to post leg shots) What is your PT doing to address your lagging bodyparts? I am impressed with your progress and dedication, staying here and consistently logging your meals and workouts helps tons.
    Thanks TB I dont have a PT, just doing this on my own. I will look to add more mussel after the fat drops a little more as once it goes i can see what i really need to focus on

To be honest I'm not looking for that bodybuilder look more that ripped natural model look. Although saying that, I wouldn't mind having a back like yours or GBrice...with the fat % of SteM

Day 51 / Week 8 (Thursday)

Day off

Day 52 / Week 8 (Friday)

Back

Exercises were:
    Pull Downs (alt between reverse close grip and wide grip) 4 * 10
    Bent over BB rows 3 * 10
    V bar pull downs 3 * 10
    X cable pulls 4 * 12

Abs
    Incline crunches 3 * 20