ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

turkey bacon on sandwiches?

I never tried turkey bacon, but I am missing the extra 'crunch' in my sandwich so do any of you like turkey bacon before I go buy a bunch?

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    bacon? hmmm dont think my diet incudes bacon lol maybe im the one thats missing out.

id assume bacon is great on sandwiches, from what i remember back in the day could never go wrong with bacon even if it is turkey bacon lol
    Last edited by Standby; 10-24-2011 at 11:18 PM.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Turkey Bacon is higher in sodium than Pork, Beef Bacon. I would say its not healthy at all.

i want to say your question came off as a normal everyday eating not a strict diet so i answered it like that. i agree with wmaousley about it not being healthy

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh shoot that was my entire point to be on a strict diet and try to add something with minimal fat.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    If you want extra crunch make your own sweet potato chips. Use a peeler to make slithers and put them on a tray in a warm oven (120'C) for about 20-30mins dust with smoked paprika.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Green veggies will add plenty of crunch. I use romaine lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, etc.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I eat turkey bacon regularly at night with my eggs. It is high in sodium, but besides that, its relatively healthy for you. The kind I buy is only 1.5g fat/slice, 35% less sodium, and tastes great. As long as it fits in to your macros for the day and your sodium is within range, it's a nice treat. It's my reward when I eat flawlessly throughout the day.
    Last edited by jasc; 10-25-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    I eat turkey bacon regularly at night with my eggs. It is high in sodium, but besides that, its relatively healthy for you. The kind I buy is only 1.5g fat/slice, 35% less sodium, and tastes great. As long as it fits in to your macros for the day and your sodium is within range, it's a nice treat. It's my reward when I eat flawlessly throughout the day.
    I opt for lean Canadian bacon over turkey bacon personally. Sodium is still high, but it's definitely leaner.

Plus, pork bacon is like... one of the best foods on earth... if it ain't real bacon, I don't want it!

you want something good? ask GB about brussell sprouts and how to make them lol and use garlic salt on them. i bet they will keep you happy for a few weeks lol

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    You can minimize fat content anyway you like. But there are so many other things to avoid if your going to eat clean & healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    you want something good? ask GB about brussell sprouts and how to make them lol and use garlic salt on them. i bet they will keep you happy for a few weeks lol
    No doubt!!! Brussell sprouts (done right) are one of my favs!!!

Thread Information