Razor is offline Banned

Breaks on eating

Anyone here do 5 good days of meals and then try to take 1-2 days on the weekend to to not eat so much or just eat whatever they want?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i started my diet around october 1 2011... from then to now i have had 2 "cheat meals" and thats it.. 1 after 33 days and 1 on thanksgiving...

SilverBuilt is offline Junior Member
    Typically people alot themselves 1 meal to cheat on for the entire week. One to two days, seems like to much of a deviation. Especially, if your working out hard. Might cause you to sacrafice more down the road.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If you don't really have any goals, go for it. But then it would be pointless dieting throughout the week.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    ^^^true and when get closer to goal, can't even work in one cheat a week....

Razor is offline Banned
    Not really talking about cheat meals, just on my off days I really dont want to pound as much food as I do the rest of the week, I might do 3 meals instead of 6. Get my drift? As far as cheat meals, I try to treat myself to a pizza or hamburger once a week. As far as goals, looking to get to 205 8%, currently 195 at 12%.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you're trying to get single digits, you gotta make sure you diet is spot on. That last little bit is the hardest to get off and everything needs to be perfect. If you're cutting your calories in half 2 days a week you'll more than likely loss some muscle mass. Less LBM means your bf% is likely to go up. Post you diet up and let these experienced guys take a look at it and steer you in the right direction. Do yourself a favor though....List your macros for each meal as well as the daily total...you'll get much more respect and better advice if you do a little legwork first.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    If you're trying to get single digits, you gotta make sure you diet is spot on. That last little bit is the hardest to get off and everything needs to be perfect. If you're cutting your calories in half 2 days a week you'll more than likely loss some muscle mass. Less LBM means your bf% is likely to go up. Post you diet up and let these experienced guys take a look at it and steer you in the right direction. Do yourself a favor though....List your macros for each meal as well as the daily total...you'll get much more respect and better advice if you do a little legwork first.
    Ok few things before I do, what are macros for each meal not familiar with all the lingo on the board. No prob doing the legwork, I wil write it all out and post it.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Macro's are basically the nutritional breakdown of the foods you're eating. You'll be listing the Calories, Fat, Carbs, and Protein for each meal.

For instance

7:00 a.m. 8 egg whites and 1/2 cup of oats. Total 350 cal, 3g of fat, 27g carbs, 45g protein

Each egg white has 25 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 5g protein - Therefore 8 have, 200cal, 0g fat, 0g carb, 40g pro

Oates have 150cal 3g fat 27g carbs 5 pro

There's really no need to name anything but the above mentioned cals,fat,carbs, and protein. You don't need to give us a breakdown of each individual item in the meal, but a total for the meal, and then a total for the day. Make sense?

If you like you can even make it super easy for everyone trying to help you and break down you're total into a percentage. So if you have 2000 calories and 1000 come from protein, 600 from carbs, and 400 from fat you would have a 50/30/20 split.

You can calculate this because (if you don't know) Each gram of Protein has 4cal per gram of protein, Carbs are the same, and fat has 9cal/gram. It's easy math, but it will make it easier for people to help with your diet without doing a lot of math.

Razor is offline Banned
    Ok wow, lot to learn, let me digest all that and get it written up! Thanks!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBuilt View Post
    Typically people alot themselves 1 meal to cheat on for the entire week. One to two days, seems like to much of a deviation. Especially, if your working out hard. Might cause you to sacrafice more down the road.
    agree.

2/7 days of cheat meals = 28% cheat. this isn't cheating. this is now part of a regular diet at 28%.

A cheat is a "meal" not a day, especially not two days.

reexamine why you are dieting, then reconsider 28%

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^^^ x2

Thread Information