Gym_ is offline Banned

The biggest load of crap i have ever read !!!

OMFG i just found this whilst surfing around i cant believe the totally BS that was in this site page WTF ?

Is It Possible To Build Muscle And Burn Fat At The Same Time?

Is It Possible To Build Muscle And Burn Fat At The Same Time?
    The long debated question of weather you can build muscle and burn fat at the same is always a “hot” topic in the fitness world and amongst bodybuilding “gurus” and trainers alike.

Some will make a strong claim that it is possible to do both at the same time, while others make a strong case against it.

So in today’s post, I’d like to clear up the question of weather It’s possible to build muscle and burn fat at the same time.

In order to have a clear answer as to weather it’s possible to build muscle and burn fat at the same time; we’ll have to look into the mechanics of how your body burns fat, as well as what your body does with the calories that you consume, along with how exercise affects fat burning and muscle building.

How Your Body Burns Fat

Simply put, your body needs calories from food on a daily basis in order to function properly and perform every day tasks as well as strenuous physical activity like weight training. If you eat fewer calories than your body requires on a daily basis, you force your body to get the energy (calories) from somewhere else.

Your body will get the required energy it needs form your fat stores, or scientifically speaking, your adipose tissue. That’s why eating fewer calories than your body uses on a daily basis is optimal for maximum fat loss.

But there is a downside to restricting calories, which is that your body will be efficient at burning stored carbohydrates (glycogen) and muscle protein (amino acids). Once this starts happening, you’ll start losing lean muscle tissue, which is obviously not good since your metabolism will consequently slow down as a result of carrying less muscle mass.

Like I just mentioned, the main benefit of having less stored carbohydrates in your muscles is that your body will be much more efficient at burning body fat. This is why low carbohydrate diets are very effective for losing fat quickly.

However, you’ll be walking a fine line because if you are not careful and consume too few carbohydrates, you might end up losing muscle as a direct result of carbohydrate deprivation.

Muscle Building And Calorie Consumption

Now that we’ve looked at diet and fat burning, let’s look at exercise and fat burning.
    Simply put, if you want to achieve significant fat loss you’ll have to do more cardio training, which if done properly, will burn mostly body fat. For optimal fat loss results, you should do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

But a downside of performing cardio on an empty stomach is that you’ll also sacrifice some muscle tissue for energy.

Your best bet for maximum fat loss and maintaining muscle mass is to focus mainly on intense weight training in the 7-12 rep range and to keep your cardio sessions short in duration but intense.

HIT, or high intensity interval cardio is excellent for fat burning and maintaining muscle mass. HIT cardio is done by alternating your intensity form high to low and vice versa every 30 seconds to one minute.

Unless your goal is to lose a very large amount of bodyfat (40 pounds or more), keep HIT cardio sessions to under 30 minutes 3 times a week first thing in the morning before breakfast.

Knowing All Of That, Is It Possible To Build Muscle And Lose Fat The Same Time?

Knowing All Of That, Is It Possible To Build Muscle And Lose Fat The Same Time?
    Based on the facts above, you’ll do nothing but “spin your wheels” and at best maintain your current muscle mass and you probably won’t lose any noticeable amount of body fat if you’re trying to build muscle and burn fat at the same time.

The bottom line is that unless you have very rare physique genetics or you’re using some fancy and very expensive prescription fat burning drugs, losing fat and building muscle mass at the same time will be physically impossible.

There’s Only One, Clear Cut Answer…

And that’s to focus on ONLY ONE goal at a time by utilizing mass gain or bulking phases to build muscle and cutting phases to lose fat.

The bulking phase should last at least 3 months and the cutting phase should follow the bulking phase, which should also last a minimum of three months, sometimes a bit longer based on how much fat you want to lose.

So if you’re trying to build as much muscle mass as fast as possible, use a proper bulking or mass gain phase for at least 3 months and then start the cutting phase in order to strip off as much body fat as possible to show off your new muscle gains.

You’ll know exactly how to maximize your muscle gains while keeping your bodyfat levels as low as possible.
    Last edited by Gym_; 12-20-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    way to cut and paste bro...

Gym_ is offline Banned
    "Is It Possible To Build Muscle And Burn Fat At The Same Time?"

MY ANSWER .... YES IT IS ... I did it when i was 1st building, and Ive been doing it again since i got back to the gym.. losing over 20kg and putting 2inch of [I]muscle on my biceps alone in only a few months .. (with no juice)

"But there is a downside to restricting calories, which is that your body will be efficient at burning stored carbohydrates (glycogen) and muscle protein (amino acids). Once this starts happening, you’ll start burning lean muscle tissue, which is obviously not good since your metabolism will consequently slow down as a result of carrying less muscle mass."

MY ANSWER >>> Bullshit !!! fat is excess calorie storage which is used in all animals to sustain life when food is limited .. eat no carbohydrates and all protein and you can lose weight and gain lean muscle mass at the same time .. having 100% whey isolate protein powder with water will continue the body to eat fat and produce muscle .

"Now that we’ve looked at diet and fat burning, let’s look at exercise and fat burning.

Simply put, if you want to achieve significant fat loss you’ll have to do more cardio training, which if done properly, will burn mostly body fat. For optimal fat loss results, you should do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach."

MY ANSWER >>>> DOUBLE BULLSHIT +1 ... [I]working out on a empty stomach will coarse your body to go into starvation mode and will not only NOT burn fat but will coarse it to store any food that you put in your body because its thinking its staving and its going into survival most ... doing something so frigging stupid will course you to be lethargic and tired and can have bad health effects.
    Who ever wrote this need to have there face kicked in ....

Have a big serving of protein for breakfast if you don't want to eat then have a big serving of protein powder and water or skim milk ... this with make your body think that it is well fed and allow it to burn its fat storages whilst still having the ingredients needed to build muscle ..

"Knowing All Of That, Is It Possible To Build Muscle And Lose Fat The Same Time"?

"Based on the facts above, you’ll do nothing but “spin your wheels” and at best maintain your current muscle mass and you probably won’t lose any noticeable amount of body fat if you’re trying to build muscle and burn fat at the same time.

The bottom line is that unless you have very rare physique genetics or you’re using some fancy and very expensive prescription fat burning drugs, losing fat and building muscle mass at the same time will be physically impossible."

MY ANSWER >>>>> CRAP CRAP AND MORE CRAP !!!! DIRTY ROTTEN LIES AND I'M LIVING PROOF

There’s Only One, Clear Cut Answer
    And that’s to focus on ONLY ONE goal at a time by utilizing mass gain or bulking phases to build muscle and cutting phases to lose fat.

The bulking phase should last at least 3 months and the cutting phase should follow the bulking phase, which should also last a minimum of three months, sometimes a bit longer based on how much fat you want to lose.

So if you’re trying to build as much muscle mass as fast as possible, use a proper bulking or mass gain phase for at least 3 months and then start the cutting phase in order to strip off as much body fat as possible to show off your new muscle gains.…

OMFG these people make me what to throw up ... Back in the day i new guys that used to take off a few weeks to pig the hell out just to put on a bit of weight so they could go back to working out again... sometimes you cannot physically eat enough food to supply you system with the goods it needs to pack on some serious growth..... ... these guys i used to pump with were massive and i have no idea weather they were juicing or not but that what they used to do ever few months ...

This article is so wrong and is so misleading i can prove its wrong because i am the living breathing proof of it and i bet there are thousands more ... i have no idea what the hell there trying to prove by saying thisunless crap they truly have no idea ...

Gym_

I think there for i know im right...
    Last edited by Gym_; 12-20-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    This is the way your body works... basically put ....

You eat carbs.. what ever carbs you eat goes into your liver to be used as energy during the day.. what ever you have left over your body releases insulin and turns the carbohydrates into fat to be used at a latter date ...

To get the full version of this look up carb free diets... and Dr Akins ..

Gym_

Im pissed off, there for i know i am.

Last edited by Gym_; 12-20-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Understanding the Importance of Insulin

Almost everyone knows that insulin is given to people with a certain kind of diabetes, to help control their blood sugar levels when their own supplies become depleted or insufficient. Insulin is one of the most powerful and efficient substances that the body uses to control the use, distribution and storage of energy. At its most basic, insulin is the control hormone for glucose, a basic form of sugar. So listen up.
    Your body is an energy machine, never resting, always metabolically active-and it powers its operations mainly through the use of glucose in the blood, which is why glucose is interchangeably called blood sugar. The body must maintain a certain level of glucose in the blood at all times. So when there is no carbohydrate food source to make glucose, the liver will actually convert protein to glucose. Remarkably, even on a prolonged, total fast, a healthy body can maintain its glucose level within a rather narrow normal range. As a general rule, of course, the body obtains its principal supply of fuel from food.

What Happens to a Meal

You sit down at the table and consume a three-course dinner. Somewhere between chewing and excreting, your body absorbs certain substances from your food, mostly across the surface of your small intestine. From the carbohydrate you eat, your body will absorb sugars, all of which are, or quickly and easily become, glucose. From fat, it absorbs glycerol and fatty acids, and from protein, it absorbs amino acids, the building blocks of all cells.
    Obviously, if you eat a lot of carbohydrate, you'll end up with a lot of glucose in your blood. Sounds good, doesn't it? All that energy coursing through your system. Eat sugar, starches and fruits and you're going to get those blood-sugar levels up fast, aren't you? If you love candy bars, perhaps you're saying, "That's great-the more I eat, the more energy I'll have."
    Alas, a bad mistake. You see, the human body evolved and primitive humans thrived as hunter-gatherers who subsisted primarily on meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, whole grains and seeds and nuts. Candy bars were few and far between. The human body is used to dealing with unrefined foods as they occur in Nature. Consequently, your body's capacity to deal with an excess of processed foods is pretty poor, which is why our twenty-first-century way of eating so often gets us into trouble.
    If you don't understand this yet, let's look at what insulin and the other energy-controlling hormones do when you eat.

As Your Blood Sugar Rises
    Consuming carbohydrates impacts your blood-sugar levels. The amount of carbs-and the type-will determine how your blood sugar responds. For example, a food full of refined sugar and white flour, such as a jelly doughnut, will raise blood sugar much more dramatically than does a salad.
    To be useful to your body, blood sugar has to be transported to your cells. Think of insulin as the barge that transports glucose from your blood to your cells. Once it reaches the cells, three things can happen to that glucose: It can be mobilized for immediate energy; it can be converted into glycogen for later use as a source of energy; or it can be stored as fat.
    Let's delve in a little deeper. Insulin is manufactured in a part of your pancreas called the Islets of Langerhans. As the sugar level in your blood goes up, the pancreas releases insulin to move the sugar out of the blood. It then transports the blood sugar to your body's cells for their energy needs. But as we previously mentioned, when these needs are met the liver converts excess glucose into glycogen, which is stored in the liver and muscles, where it is readily available for energy use. Once all the glycogen storage areas are filled, the body has to do something with excess glucose. And here is the big revelation: The liver converts the remaining glucose to fat, which becomes the "storage tanks" of fat on your belly, thighs, buttocks and elsewhere. That's why insulin is called "the fat-producing hormone."
    Since fat is much more efficient-and has more capacity to store energy-than glucose, we can store a lot more fat in our bodies than glucose. That, my friends, results in obesity. And by the way, the main chemical constituent of all this fat (the fat you're reading this book to get rid of) is triglyceride, the very same triglyceride that, in your blood, can be a risk factor for heart disease and stroke.
    Insulin is a pretty efficient worker. If it were not, your cells could not get enough glucose, their basic fuel, and blood-glucose levels would rise while the cells searched for other fuels-first for protein in your muscles and organs, and then for fat in your fat stores. That's why people with poorly controlled, insulin-deficient diabetes can lose weight when no insulin is present. And that's why a person on a low-calorie diet may lose lean body mass. (This shouldn't happen on Atkins, where sufficient calories and protein are consumed to meet the body's energy needs.)
    On the other hand, excessive carbohydrate intake results in high amounts of blood sugar and may, in turn, overstimulate insulin production. When this happens, it causes a drop in blood sugar, robbing the body of energy for the cells. The result of the process is destabilized blood-sugar levels, quite possibly causing fatigue, brain fog, shakiness and headaches.
    The body attempts to adjust by liberating counter-regulatory hormones-such as adrenaline-to raise the glucose level, but another stiff dose of insulin can overpower the effect of those hormones. Fortunately for most of us, this glucose balancing act takes place automatically and our blood sugar stays in a fairly narrow, normal range.
    But for some, the bodily insult of massive insulin release to deal with massive blood-glucose levels has been going on for years, causing the glucose-regulating mechanism in the body to break down, initiating unstable blood sugar and eventually diabetes. For more on diabetes, see

Gym_ is offline Banned
    What Is Hyperinsulinism?

Simply put, hyperinsulinism is the condition that results from too much insulin being produced by your body.
    It's easy to see how this might happen when you realize that there's a relationship between the kinds of foods you eat and the amount of insulin in your bloodstream. Foods rich in carbohydrates-especially sugar, honey, milk and fruit, which contain simple sugars, and refined carbohydrates such as flour, white rice and potato starch-are readily absorbed through the stomach, so they speedily convert to glucose. When these foods are eaten in excess, they require a lot of insulin for transport. Foods made of protein and fat, on the other hand, require little or no insulin. (Protein in excess converts to glucose in the liver and requires some insulin to transport it to the cells; fat requires essentially none.)
    And what happens when there is too much insulin? As an overweight person becomes heavier, insulin's effectiveness may decline. The cells become desensitized to the action of insulin so it can no longer effectively transport glucose to them. This is known in medical circles as insulin resistance, which quickly leads to hyperinsulinism. Numerous studies have shown that insulin resistance is more prevalent among the obese, although even some individuals who appear slim and healthy may actually be insulin resistant.
    What appears to happen is that the insulin receptors on the surfaces of the body's cells are blocked, which in turn prevents glucose from reaching the cells for energy use. That's one reason overweight individuals may be tired much of the time. When insulin is ineffective in taking glucose into the cells, the liver converts more and more glucose to stored fat. Your body is, in fact, becoming a fat-producing machine instead of an efficient energy-producing machine.
    Your body's hormonal system is now in desperate straits. At this point, insulin is being secreted more and more frequently to deal with high blood-sugar levels, and it is doing its job less and less effectively. Which makes you crave sweets and carbs, which compounds the problem in a vicious cycle. In time, even the insulin receptors that convert glucose to fat start getting worn out, forecasting diabetes.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    A Host of Other Health Issues

Here are some further reasons why high insulin levels can lead to big problems:
    • Insulin increases salt and water retention, a recipe for high blood pressure.
    • Insulin is directly involved in creating atherosclerotic plaques, which, if not controlled, can lead to heart disease.
    • High insulin levels have been shown to correlate with high levels of triglycerides and low levels of "good" HDL cholesterol.
    • High insulin levels correlate with increased risk of breast cancer and polycystic ovarian syndrome. (Conversely, the lower the levels of insulin, the better the survival rates for breast cancer.)
    Obesity increases insulin resistance. This means that you can sharply reduce your risk of blood-sugar disorders-and by extension, heart disease and other ailments-by simply keeping your

weight down and controlling carbohydrate intake. Even if you have a hereditary predisposition to diabetes, you may be able to stall or completely avoid its onset.
    A Subject of Intensive Study

Don't think the mainstream medical profession hasn't noticed the correlation between insulin resistance and disease. In the past fifteen years-and this is a trend that only keeps building-medical journals have published studies of the powerful association between obesity-usually accompanied by hyperinsulinism-and the probability of heart disease or stroke. All around the world the studies pour in. For example, using data from several epidemiological studies, Dr. B. Balkau found links between high glucose levels and mortality in thousands of men whose medical histories had been followed for two decades. Uniformly, high blood-glucose levels and insulin resistance signified markedly higher risk of death from cardiovascular causes.

American research points in the same direction. The Bogalusa Heart Study followed four thousand children and young adults." Even in childhood, a high insulin level corresponded to higher triglyceride levels and higher VLDL cholesterol-a particularly damaging form of "bad" LDL cholesterol. Not surprisingly, these associations were even more marked in the overweight. We'll go over this ground in greater detail in Chapter 27 when I discuss heart health. For now, just remember a bad diet produces results that are not merely cosmetically unattractive; it flies the black flag of some of the very worst health catastrophes.
    Ah, but you came to this book for weight loss. All right, let's make crystal clear the connection between high insulin levels and excess weight.

This Is Why You Can't Lose Weight

I am about to recount a horror story that might be headlined: Innocent Human Is Turned Upon By Own Hormones! But we did it to ourselves, you know. Remember, no culture in world history has ever consumed even a fraction of the sugar we twenty-first-century Westerners do.

Perhaps you've been overweight for a long time. Once there was a stage in the progress of your metabolic disease when you could lose weight pretty easily, if you sharply cut your caloric intake. You'd gain the pounds back, but at least at the price of hunger, you could shed them again. Then, although your weight continued to yo-yo up and down, you began to notice that the yo-yo went up easily, but getting it to fall down again was harder and harder.

Now maybe you're past even that stage, and you simply cannot drop pounds. If you are, insulin has really closed the trap. The pancreas, faced with your abuse of simple and refined carbohydrates, has become so efficient at secreting insulin that just a touch of blood sugar will release a flood. In response to high insulin levels, your body has become intent on storing fat by the process I've explained. Group A responders (see pages 34-35) will recognize the role that excess insulin plays in preventing weight loss by giving you an ongoing sensation of hunger that can be satisfied only by constant overeating.
    Now that you've reached this understanding of the metabolic basis of being overweight, imagine going into your doctor's office after diligently eating a low-fat diet that was quite possibly high in sugar and carbs. And imagine being told, "Well, if you just had a little more

willpower..." Sad, isn't it? Willpower is not the issue. To lose weight, you're going to need the controlled carbohydrate nutritional approach offered by this book. You will also need the two other legs of the Atkins triad: regular exercise and nutritional supplementation.
    I know I've produced a really heart-sinking analysis of how and why fat accumulates on your body. So, what do you do now? You adjust the insulin spigot. And so far as weight loss goes, the answer lies in two entwined concepts: burning fat and controlling carbohydrates, which we will explore in the upcoming chapters.
    KEY POINTS!

• Insulin is the hormone that transports glucose from your blood to your cells, where it can be converted to energy. The liver will convert excess glucose to glycogen, which is stored in the liver and muscles for additional, accessible energy.
    • Remaining glucose will be converted to fat and stored throughout the body.
    • Excessive carbohydrate intake results in an oversupply of glucose, and thus insulin, in the body.
    • An ongoing cycle of excess blood glucose overproduction and insulin overproduction eventually results in hyperinsulinism and ultimately diabetes.
    • Hyperinsulinism is what makes it hard for many people to lose weight.
    • Atkins can stabilize insulin production to make it easier to lose weight.
    • High levels of triglycerides in the blood are a proven risk factor for heart disease and stroke.
    • Atkins can sharply reduce your risk of blood-sugar disorders-and by extension, heart disease and other serious ailments.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    If you would like to read more i uploaded Dr Akins Diet then you can goggle his work or DL his book or there is forum on line as well ..

Gym_

In case of emergency, break glass, scream and bleed to death.
    Last edited by Gym_; 12-20-2011 at 09:02 AM.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Atkins is designed to work for the couch potatoes that don't do much exercise. I don't think it suits those who workout.

Have you looked at Keto diets?

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    Atkins is designed to work for the couch potatoes that don't do much exercise. I don't think it suits those who workout.
    I have to disagree with that as i work my ass of and i have gone from 180kg to 152kg this year as well as building muscle.

(please note that every one is different and what works for some my not work for others)

Have you looked at Keto diets?
    I haven't until you mentioned it.. i just had a quick look on wiki and it says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet

The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is used primarily to treat difficult-to-control (refractory) epilepsy in children
    By the looks of it thou its the same principal of very low to 0 carbohydrate intake and just a 30 sec glance i found it says

Modified Atkins First reported in 2003, the idea of using a form of the Atkins diet to treat epilepsy came about after parents and patients discovered that the induction phase of the Atkins diet controlled seizures. The ketogenic diet team at Johns Hopkins Hospital modified the Atkins diet by removing the aim of achieving weight loss, extending the induction phase indefinitely, and specifically encouraging fat consumption
    This bit right here mate
    The ketogenic diet team at Johns Hopkins Hospital modified the Atkins diet by removing the aim of achieving weight loss, extending the induction phase indefinitely
    I'm pretty tied but that says it the Akins diet that they skip 2nd 3rd and 4th stage and stick with introduction which is basicly 0 carbs which i have been on for most of this year

Its after midnight here and I'm totaled.. tomorrow when i get some time ill do some more study on it.. i could be missing something my eyes are hanging out of my head

Cheers Gym_

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
    Last edited by Gym_; 12-20-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I don't like the Atkins approach. People end up eating to many saturated fats and not enough fibre. Workouts suffer on zero carbs, and it's not a healthy long term plan. May work for short term, but over the long term it is a unhealthy approach.

Macon_Bacon is offline Associate Member
    I have to agree with this. No offense to you Gym but when you started your transformation your body fat % was very very high. Thus, you can work out hard as hell and still have plenty of fuel to burn. If I were to try a low or zero carb diet and get my workouts in, I would be a pissed off little b*tch. (My stats: 1.88m, 87kg, 11%bf)

I don't really disagree with the main points of the article you copied and pasted, for the most part it's right on.

The reason you're losing fat while gaining muscle is because you're a beginner and terribly out of shape (no offense), ie. you've not been consistently training for any lengthy period of time and your BF is extremely high. You think you're gaining muscle but all you're doing is reviving previous muscle tissue that you already had, muscle memory. You're not actually growing new muscle tissue if you're natural and eating at a caloric deficit. It's impossible under most circumstances.

Try training and eating correctly for 1 year straight and get your BF to an acceptable range of say under 15% and then try to naturally lose fat while increasing LBM at a caloric deficit or even at maintenance calories and let us know how it goes.

At the end of the day it's really all about calories in - calories out.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Gym - do me a favor and edit out the link in the second to last paragraph in your OP. Links of this type are not permitted-thanks.
    Also if u are a fan of atkins and respond well i recommend you try a cyclic ketogenic diet with apprpriately structured worouts. I think you might like that even better.

Yep definitely. If your over 20% BF all you need to do is eat healthy and eat within your cals along with moderate exercise. The tricky part of diet and training is going from 10% to 6% while holding onto muscle.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macon_Bacon View Post
    I have to agree with this. No offense to you Gym but when you started your transformation your body fat % was very very high. Thus, you can work out hard as hell and still have plenty of fuel to burn. If I were to try a low or zero carb diet and get my workouts in, I would be a pissed off little b*tch. (My stats: 1.88m, 87kg, 11%bf)
    Yes agreed this is a diet for fat people .. if you only need to lose a few Kg then there is not need to induce drastic mesures... but if you morbidly obese then you really need to do something hard core to start shredding ..

Gym_

A synonym is a word you use if you can't spell the other one.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    Yep definitely. If your over 20% BF all you need to do is eat healthy and eat within your cals along with moderate exercise..
    Mate i have to totally disagree on this bit .. please don't take this as me having a go or anything .. but its hard to put the correct spin on the sitch ..

i dont know anything about your history or anything like that and keep in mind that every one is different as far as what there body dose on any given day with a gut full of food.
    But heres the thing I'm guessing your riped, buff and sfelt.. ( half ya luck ) its very easy to say to someone that all they need to do is eat healthy when you body is burning like a bush fire and has been conditioned to do so over the amount of time you have been working out.. big muscles = lots of burnt cal's .. once upon i time i was there my self..

But when ya 400lbs your body dose not react the same way. And until you have been 200kg then its too simplistic to say.. "all you need to do is"

Now i fully agree with you 100% then when building properly full on you need a balanced diet of the main food groups and to say other wise would be rather stupid ..

But if your fat weighs more then you do, then tradition thinking goes out the window and sometime ya goto do what ya goto do..

ATM i eat no carbs for 5 days mon to fri.. then on weekends i MODERATELY eat complex carbs like fruit and multi grain bread ( 1 or two slices ) no starchy veggies .. and even only having 2,500 cal is enough for me and people in the same vote as me to put weight on instanly...

Once i get my weight down to around 110-120kg then my diet will ofcorce change and by they time my body will hopefully be a lean mean fat burring machine...

You have to remember this isn't my 1st dance... i have tried 100s of different diets over the years .. i have staved my self eating 1500 cal a day whilst doing 4hrs of cardo and its hard for people to imagine but it didn't do anything and half the time i put on weight..
    until you have weight almost a 1/4 of a ton and looking down the barrel of a gun and seeing your life about to be ... blah blah blah .. then 99% of people have no idea, what it takes to lose that kind of weight.... you know th old saying walk a mile in other mans shoes etc

Reading that garbage i found on that website saying don't eat and go work out is just the most stupidest thing i have ever read in my life ( thus the title of the thread )

Hopefully i haven't offended anyone as a certainly don't mean to .. but this is just the way i see this particular subject

CHeers Gym_

When in doubt, mumble. When asked to clarify, say "Trust me".

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Everyone wants to do both, and I believe that it is possible to gain lbm while losing unwanted bodyfat, however it is a substantially slower process with much less room for error. Almost everyone on these boards will either be on a cutting or bulking cycle. I think you are a little harsh in saying that the orignal post was totally worthless, when obviously a majority of intelligent and respected members on this board find validity in it to varying degrees. And you really must understand that each individuals body responds differently than anyone elses. Percentages of the population respond well to the low card approach while others might see little, if any, results. Also please not (for future posts) it is the Atkins diet (not Akins) I absolutely believe you gained muscle and lost fat, I've done so myself, but I have yet to find anyone who has achieved the exact same results from the exact same approach as anyone anywhere ever. I appreciate your thread as it has allowed for some open discussion that hopefully benefitted all who stopped by.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    All I have is my personal experience to go on, but there have been several periods this year where I was consistently adding muscle while losing fat. It happened when I was on more than my TRT dose, eating moderate to low calories and doing consistent cardio. I believe I could have gained muscle faster by increasing calories, or accelerated fat loss by cutting calories, but I was happy with my slower transformation.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Thanks Tbody ...

Yeah my main contempt with that article is i believe you can lose weight and gain muscle at the same time and its not as they say "physically impossible."
    And i think them saying that you should go to the gym 1st thing in the morning with out eating to lose weight is so wrong its not even in the same state ..

But every one is entitled to there own opinions and what i call method of madness... if it works for you ( a individual ) then it cant be wrong, can it ?
    Thanks for the reply on the thread i hope everyone has chewed some Brain cells contemplating this one .... i know i have ..

Oww PS sorry about the typos ( Atkins ) its now 4am and i haven't slept in 20hrs..

Gym_ is offline Banned
    AGREES WITH JOHNNY

Gym_

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's all good and we are all adults. The forum gives us the venue to express differing views while challenging ourselves and others to grow in a multitude of areas.

You didn't lose weight on 1500 cals because your body was in survival mode and it holds onto fat. If you ate 2500 clean cals hitting proper macros, and did moderate exercise, I can't see how you wouldnt lose weight. No I have not been 200kgs, but I have helped people 150kgs plus drop down to 100kgs in 1 year. I'm not a trainer but helped friends of friends and family. You said it yourself, you've tried 100's of diets. DIETS DONT WORK. Its a lifestyle change that needs to be incorporated. People get addicted to exercise and eating healthy when they see how much better they feel.

Im opposite to you in thinking that, I think when you are low BF like 12 or below, you can do a zero carb for 2 weeks at a time for a cut.

Well done so far.

I wasnt offended at all, it would take alot more than that to offend me lol.

Get some sleep, lack of sleep is really bad in this game.

Starving lowers T3, so thats why you put on weight as well when starving.

Thread Information