Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdetermined View Post
    so do not refer to 'high carb day' at all ? I was looking forward to weetbix, whey & Banana ohwell lol.
    No you should include the high carb days, just drop the moderate days. So mon, tues, wed, thurs all low, fri sat high and a low with cheat meal on Sunday. See how that goes for 2/3 weeks, you might find your sweet spot could be 1 less low carb day if you feel too drained/depleted. So have your weetbix.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    No you should include the high carb days, just drop the moderate days. So mon, tues, wed, thurs all low, fri sat high and a low with cheat meal on Sunday. See how that goes for 2/3 weeks, you might find your sweet spot could be 1 less low carb day if you feel too drained/depleted. So have your weetbix.
    i like that too. and by doing that youll know what day you need to up to mod carbs your body will tell you

Iamdetermined is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    i see you have it set as your working out everyday? i personally think and like to have a no carb day the day before your cheat day. i also dont work out on this day as you need to rest and recover

** i see friday is your high carb and saturday is just cardio. i personally would have the high carb friday and no carb saturday plus rest saturday and then my cheat meal on sunday. also helps because saturday seems to be the hardest to stay on diet so if your doing no carbs you dont even get to taste or feel them so you have less temptation in my experience anyways. but find out what works for you. just a thought if things are going as good as you want

**another damn edit** you also didnt answer austa if you were cutting or lean bulk so i assumed cutting

your spreadsheet makes me love you its awesome. slfmade would be impressed he is a spreadsheet freak

Yer I usually take a rest day either Sunday or Friday (I took Wednesday & Friday off this week) depending on how I feel it's usually a Friday .. I guess having a no carb day before cheat day makes sense, means you will love the cheat day even more haha.

Saturday & Sunday are my days to kick ass.. go gym, come home sleep.. wakeup go out ! lol

Yeah kind of cutting, I want to loose a bit more fat before I lean bulk but offcourse being weary of my health but this month im fine, if you know what I mean loll...

I love spreadsheets as well (I did this whilst at work haha) .. I am a very organized person if my plan isn't set out in a format in which is easy to read then I will not follow it .. I have read some threads of people posting their diet and it gave me a headache reading it !!

But I will amend changes as you suggested, thanks

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Hey everyone !

My names Ashleigh.. and I am ready to get ripped as hell even if that means I have no boobs left and males find me un-attractive

I am 53kg
    163cm
    and last time I checked (4weeks ago) I was 17% b/f

at the moment I have taken a low carb approach as carbs just bloat me !

I usually do cardio fasted (treadmil, spin cycle, boxing) supplemented with xtend, L-Carnatine and sometimes oxyelite( when I don't get much sleep)

I was lifting weights fasted (before you have a panic attack) I now have a protein shake before hand followed with the above ^^

Today I think I did too much exercise but I had nothing better to do .. 1 hour boxing moderately intense .. with 30 min abz in the morning whilst fasted then went back to the gym at night did 45 min spin cycle (sweated like a pig) followed by 1 hr walk (to kill time) followed by another 45 min cycle class (half the effort only did 20km) <--- and no im not trolling, I am pretty much obsessed with the gym and I am on holidays

but usually my workout is this ..

Monday

PM - Bodypump - light weights, high reps pretty much like cardio but its a 'weight' class

Tuesday
    PT session AM - I rippppppppppppppp it out usually target upper body on Tuesdays
    PM - Spin cycle

Wednesday AM - Spin cycle

Thursday
    PT session AM - My fav day, LEG DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Friday
    PM - might go if im in an anti social mood

Saturday
    AM - Spin cycle, abz & sometimes bodypump

Sunday
    Whenever - 40 min walk

My diet...

Wakeup

vitamin C
    Oxyelite
    Lcarnatine
    xtend

PWO shake -
    Myofusion with L Glutamine (5g)
    1 multivitamin
    1 ALA

2 eggs
    100 ml egg whites
    half can tomato
    5 button mushrooms
    10 g coconut oil <--- the best
    20 almonds <-- whilst waiting for it to cook

20 almonds
    70 chicken
    10 g peanutbutter

20 almonds
    flaxbread
    10 g peanut butter

Workouttttttttt

PWO
    myo fusion shake with L gutamine

dinner
    turkey breast 100g
    flaxseed oil 10g
    salad with tomato & cucumber
    60 g broccoli
    10 g almond butter (tastes nice on broccoli, try it)

^^ not the best diet I know, thats why I need your HELP !!!

tell me what to eat and I will, I can control what I eat I have so much willpower & determination I am just very uneducated..

p.s I am trying to cut is a INSULIN spike really necessary on a cut ? I have lower abdominal fat that just wont eff off.
    oh and is it normal for you stomach to look lean some days and other days not ?

Attachment 119390Attachment 119391Attachment 119392

I will post pics.
    From this post I get the feeling that you want to build muscle and get big yet shredded? As in, more towards a manly figure rather then just being really thin and ripped......Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    From this post I get the feeling that you want to build muscle and get big yet shredded? As in, more towards a manly figure rather then just being really thin and ripped......Is that correct?
    Yep that is correct.. like this

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...71036627_n.jpg

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    If this is the case, (you want to build leaqn muscle, like that picture) if I were you, I'd focus solely on building lean quality muscle at this point. Don't worry so much about dieting down just yet. As you build lean muscle, your metabolism will rise and you will drop fat, and gain QUALITY weight naturally. - Especially with some cardio after your workout. Just be sure to have an excellent diet focused on building, and don't worry so much about the calories. Right now you need to grow muscle more than trim fat, you're already nice and trim!

Well you know what that means then...You have to start training and dieting like a man. Rather then using light weight and high rep sets I would start doing heavy weight low reps to really start growing big full muscle belly. Bump up the calories and add more carbs to your daily routine. Build the muscle up first and then you can always cut later

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23

Well you know what that means then...You have to start training and dieting like a man. Rather then using light weight and high rep sets I would start doing heavy weight low reps to really start growing big full muscle belly. Bump up the calories and add more carbs to your daily routine. Build the muscle up first and then you can always cut later
    I can eat like a man but maybe not lift like a man I will have to give it time n build my strength up in order to lift heavy because I am pretty weak .. But slowly I will do it this time lady year I would only bench 2 kgs now I can do 30 kg maybe even 40 if i tried so I'm sure next year I'll have even better progress

tall76 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's not even about lifting like a guy or girl- its simply presenting a stressor to the human body that will cause the response we want- which in ur case is muscle hypertrophy. This is the 8-12 rep range. So it doesn't matter what weight u use, it just has to be a weight that will let u reach failure between 8 and 12 reps. Keep pushing and making progress!!

Quote Originally Posted by tall76
    It's not even about lifting like a guy or girl- its simply presenting a stressor to the human body that will cause the response we want- which in ur case is muscle hypertrophy. This is the 8-12 rep range. So it doesn't matter what weight u use, it just has to be a weight that will let u reach failure between 8 and 12 reps. Keep pushing and making progress!!
    Thanks yep I will, I always do no one or nothing can stop me !

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdetermined

Thanks yep I will, I always do no one or nothing can stop me !
    I'm still waiting on how the push/pull split I told you to do! Haha

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Indeed, don't even worry about what the "weight" is - it's just a number. Failure in 8-12 reps like tall said. I would simply add that this should occur while paying strict attention to your form.
    So many guys and girls in the gym just flinging weights around trying to look like they can lift a lot of weight. Who cares...

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ----
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 02-11-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    made a bet with LB, i told him early on this thread will hit over 100 posts. just a couple more and i get to collect! =)

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    made a bet with LB, i told him early on this thread will hit over 100 posts. just a couple more and i get to collect! =)
    ill help

ill help
    yeah, me too.

He didn't exactly agree to the bet, and we really didn't discuss what was being betted, but i'll make something up after i win =)

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    just seeing this thread. looks like you are in good hands my dear. keep up the hard work and it looks like you got this!

Quote Originally Posted by tall76 View Post
    That is what I was trying to convey...As guys will typically do heavy weights with a low rep range, while girls will tend to do lighter weight in a high rep range. Not saying she needs to lift as heavy as a guy...Just needs to be training in a low rep range at a weight that is suitable for her in that range.

Also, mentioning training like a guy, she should be following a training routine similar to what a guy would do...As in, she should be doing training splits with either one or two body parts a day.

I should have wrote that out a little better in detail the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by dooie View Post
    I'm still waiting on how the push/pull split I told you to do! Haha
    Yeah I tried it last week was really good, I was very sore the next day though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    You can do it Miss Determined!
    Took me about a year to recoup the weights I used to lift...and I was no were near as determined and dedicated as you are chicka
    Thanks girl, give me 6 months or so and I will be a muscle woMAN

ill help
    same...........

That is what I was trying to convey...As guys will typically do heavy weights with a low rep range, while girls will tend to do lighter weight in a high rep range. Not saying she needs to lift as heavy as a guy...Just needs to be training in a low rep range at a weight that is suitable for her in that range.

Also, mentioning training like a guy, she should be following a training routine similar to what a guy would do...As in, she should be doing training splits with either one or two body parts a day.

I should have wrote that out a little better in detail the first time...

I did heavier weights today and I noticed I was a lot more sweatier and felt like I pushed it to the limit .. I will try going heavy and less reps for a 4 weeks and compare it to light weight with high reps and let you know how it goes

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    best of luck i hope u kill it.

the girls you posted as your ideal body is sexxxxxxxxxxy.

And as we pass 100 posts here, TR begins to grin, knowing that he will soon rake in the proceeds of a huge bet with LB, all tendered in gold coin!

gonnagethuge is offline Associate Member
    Lol a very smart wager.

If my log had a 1/100th of the popularity of this then i'd maybe actually be bothered to add to it more regularly haha.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    You are doing a fantastic job.....especially keeping these boys on the straight and narrow. That is a feat in itself. They are ready at the gate......so......make 'em keep working for it.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

^ i have no idea what yer talking about?

^^ I am not talking. I am typing.....capiche?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

I did heavier weights today and I noticed I was a lot more sweatier and felt like I pushed it to the limit .. I will try going heavy and less reps for a 4 weeks and compare it to light weight with high reps and let you know how it goes
    Are you doing training splits or what is your typical routine? I noticed in your first post you did upper body all in one day! And lower body another day. You would really maximize your gains by focusing on either one or two body parts a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    You are doing a fantastic job.....especially keeping these boys on the straight and narrow. That is a feat in itself. They are ready at the gate......so......make 'em keep working for it.
    I keep all males on the straight and narrow

What gate ? is it an electrical one ?

I know .. her name is Ashley Horner
    this is her latest facebook photo

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...71689512_n.jpg

so perfect <3

Are you doing training splits or what is your typical routine? I noticed in your first post you did upper body all in one day! And lower body another day. You would really maximize your gains by focusing on either one or two body parts a day.

Well I was doing cardio a lot (since cut back) haven't done any in a week to be honest doesn't even really make a difference =\ ......... but when I train with my trainer (two times a week) we usually focus on about three muscles eg. biceps, triceps & back then lower body I would do legs and glutes n abz with bodypump twice a week .. I am seeing results but I just look like a skinny girl with a bit of definition people tell me I look great but thats only because most people love the idea of being skinny but I don't, I want to pack some size on and have guys fear me loll

This week I haven't been training as hard as I usually do because I had to go to hospital on Monday but I was ready to roar the next day (even though I am meant to 'take it easy') but anyways two days off is more than enough of a rest, I did legs ..

12 x 3 - 20 kg lunges on a bosu ball
    12 x 3 - 20 kg lunges with my back leg on a bench
    20 x 3 - 20 kg squats
    5, 8, 10 starting from 100kg working my way down to 50 kgs drop sets on the leg press
    drop sets on the hip abductor (didnt take notice of the weight)
    drop sets on the leg curl (didnt take notice of the weight)
    drop sets on kick back machine (didnt take notice of the weight)

today my legs are very sore and my glutes burn when I walk.. job well done ?

This morning I did spin cycle
    tonight I am doing chest & triceps haven't thought about what exercises I am going to do prob

chest press
    flies
    push ups on the big ball thing
    weighted tricep dips
    tricep kickbacks
    1 arm tricep extension
    skull crushers

tomorrow I will do back & abz
    with HIIT

Saturday I will do cycle & boxing

Sunday I will rest

I keep all males on the straight and narrow

What gate ? is it an electrical one ?
    They will find out....
    Author Unknown

PPC
    PPC is offline Super Knowledgeable ~ Female Member
    This week I haven't been training as hard as I usually do because I had to go to hospital on Monday but I was ready to roar the next day (even though I am meant to 'take it easy') but anyways two days off is more than enough of a rest, I did legs ..

20 x 3 - 20 kg squats
    5, 8, 10 starting from 100kg working my way down to 50 kgs drop sets on the leg press

tonight I am doing chest & triceps haven't thought about what exercises I am going to do prob

chest press
    flies
    weighted tricep dips
    tricep kickbacks
    1 arm tricep extension
    skull crushers

with HIIT

Sunday I will rest
    Hospital? Be careful, get enough rest okay? So important.

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Hospital? Be careful, get enough rest okay? So important.
    It was only day surgery nothing to do with my muscles or bones or anything . .

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Just checking in as I haven't posted in your thread yet. I know I owe you a pm... I should be able to hit u up today!

Well I was doing cardio a lot (since cut back) haven't done any in a week to be honest doesn't even really make a difference =\ ......... but when I train with my trainer (two times a week) we usually focus on about three muscles eg. biceps, triceps & back then lower body I would do legs and glutes n abz with bodypump twice a week .. I am seeing results but I just look like a skinny girl with a bit of definition people tell me I look great but thats only because most people love the idea of being skinny but I don't, I want to pack some size on and have guys fear me loll

12 x 3 - 20 kg lunges on a bosu ball
    20 x 3 - 20 kg squats

chest press
    flies
    weighted tricep dips
    tricep kickbacks
    1 arm tricep extension
    skull crushers

with HIIT

Sunday I will rest
    Exactly, that is great for someone who wants to look good and be in shape...But that isn't what you want. Imagine if the pros did all their workouts in just two days, besides cardio...That wouldn't be half the size they are. Even for the top women bodybuilders, they tend to follow the exact training and diet regimen as the guys, obviously it is just genetically impossible for them to be as big as the top male bodybuilders.

If you really want to pack on the muscle and size you should really start doing a training split..I would say something like this...

Day #1 - Chest & Bi's

Day #2 - Legs

Day #3 - Back & Tri's

Day #4 - Shoulders

Day #5 - REST

Day #6 - Repeat from top

The idea is to basically destroy that muscle part on the working day and then let it rest and heal..It is great to exercise and do high reps and light weight once a week but that does not build the best muscle.

I would stick in the 8-10 range on all sets (Whatever weight that may be for you)..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    BUMP!!! Haven't seen you in a while, IAD... what's up?

Flier is offline Productive Member
    I'm mirin those arms !!
    Donīt. Yours look 10 times better IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Well, thanks for being open enough to listen. At the risk of wearing out my welcome to your thread, I'll give a little more motherly advice then I promise not to clutter up your thread any further.
    I'm glad you want to be wise about preparing your body for future pregnancies and the possibility of raising a family.

The female body starts releasing eggs once a girl reaches around 20% body fat. That is the signal to begin the monthly cycle that involves the intricate rise and fall each month of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone . Interestingly, that 20% figure is the main reason why girls are starting to get their periods earlier than they used to in history. Due to modern, overly carb rich diets, higher body fat is being reached at much earlier ages and this is when female fat cells tell the ovaries, "I am now padded like a woman so do your thing!"

We are all so unique so there is no magic body fat number where your hormonal balance will suddenly be disrupted. Women in their early twenties have average body fat percentages starting at 21% and going up from there. You are already at 17% body fat. Your body has been cycling hormones for many years so it has been trained well and will not suddenly stop once you drop below 20%. Your body will fight hard to keep you as a reproductive adult, it wants you to be able to make and give life, so it will struggle to keep you this way but when pushed too hard against the wall, it will eventually have to give up. While you may still be able to cycle at 17 percent and some women can continue to do so even dropping down to 15%, it is more common for women to stop their periods when they dip below 18%.

Female athletes often look at the absence of their period as the bar that tells them they have finally passed a healthy body percentage. Actually, a lot of damage can be done before the period stops. It is one of the final warning signals of the body, not the first. Over training, especially when it is combined with under eating raises the hormone cortisol which has a significant depleting effect on estrogen and progesterone. When that stress hormone goes up, the sea saw is thrown off kilter and your much needed sex hormones come down.

Estrogen and progesterone are both needed for bone health. A too early decline is a set up for diseases like osteo arthritis later in life. Estrogen is also our natural anti depressant. When it is depleted, serotonin levels drop and depression can result along with more aches and pains since serotonin is our natural pain reliever. A lack of estrogen can result in anxiety, panic attacks and an increase in OCD tendencies. So sometimes obsessions with body image are exasperated, the more body fat and estrogen are lowered, the more the desire for them to be even lower so it becomes a viscious cycle. Similar to anorexia, body image and goals become distorted and not naturally attainable. In this state any body fat can be viewed as repugnant when in fact a certain amount of female fat layers are necessary and beautiful. Perception just gets thrown off.

Estrogen is important for our sexuality, our sociability, the health and PH of the vagina and is crucial for healthy lubrication in that area. I could go on and on but just one more... skin. It hydrates, increases collagen and allows a better balance with testosterone so that hormone cannot dominate and cause problems like acne. Kay...enough with the estrogen preaching.

You already know exercising too little can be harmful to the body. Exercising too much can be just as harmful. According to Dr Uzzi Reiss in his great book, 'The Natural Superwoman', over exercising leads to an increase in the formation of free radicals and inflammation which leads to premature aging. I see some people abuse and punish their body by overeating junk, allowing excess weight and not bothering to exercise. Then sometimes these same people do a 360, lose the weight but then go on to punish themselves by going to extremes through pushing too hard. They are still punishing themselves, just in a different way.

I think your goals to be fit and healthy are admirable. I would urge you though to be kind to yourself in the process. Respect your body and what is was designed for. You are female so if you have breasts, that's wonderful. Your babies will be nurtured and soothed by them. Your husband will love them and hopefully you can learn to love them too. Love what you have and tend to it with kindness. One day you hope to be a parent. I'm sure you will try not to overindulge your children and enable them to be lazy and spoiled. On the other side, I'm sure you will include moderate discipline with love. You won't want your children to think they are never good enough and push and punish them in cruel and unusual ways. It's just as important not to do that to yourself.

I hope you can learn to look in the mirror and love and accept what you have achieved. There will always be flaws. The man you want to settle down with and have children with will be unlikely to notice or dwell on your flaws, neither should you. It's obvious from your photos that you are an attractive young woman. Purging and whipping yourself to get shredded (which actually means dropping to unhealthy amounts of body fat) can do much harm to your future life. I'm not saying you shouldn't be slim. That's great, but nurture yourself with a balanced amount of self discipline. If you thrive on goal setting, make goals for your body that won't threaten to disrupt your incredible reproductive design or hormonal make up.

I encourage you to have a life long respect for your body. Even after child rearing it will be important to protect your hormones and keep the flight or fight hormone, cortisol from dominating your life. I am 40 now. I had five children in my twenties and thirties. Each decade brings us different challenges. It probably won't be a great idea to drop your body fat down to near single digits even after having children. I guess I could look in the mirror and want more tone in my arms, harder abs..whatever. But I think obsessing over such things robs joy from life. I have learned to be slim and healthy through studying nutrition and applying that to real ife but learning to be okay with less than perfection is the greatest challenge for us all.

That's my long two cents. I'm done lecturing.
    Copy-paste to my GF and Daughter. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    BUMP!!! Haven't seen you in a while, IAD... what's up?

I AM BACK, FULL THROTTLE MODEEEEEEEE... SHIT GOT OVERWHELMING BUT MY MIND IS in the right place now

I have been kicking ass, eating before I train at 4am and everything ...

hello everyone (:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information