maurice05gsxr600 is offline New Member

Starting a diet help

name is Maurice
    21yrs
    134lbs
    5'7"
    15%bf

I need help with starting a diet. I've been lifting for 2 years already and I'm seeing if anyone can help me starting a diet to bulk up. Any advise would b very helpful and taken in to consideration. Thanks

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    we can def help u welcome to the forum maurice.. at 15% u wouldnt prefer to lean out a bit before bulking?

Im working on that right now and already in the process of getting leaner. So I want to have my bulking diet down so I can have it ahead of time

ur bulking diet is gonna depend on ur stats at the time.. what does ur current cutting diet look like? what bf% r u cutting down to before u bulk?

I have a very high metabolism so I stick to 2 protein shakes a day 1 morning 1 bedtime. And during the day I usually eat a lot of grilled chicken fruits and vegetables also tuna. I try to just eat things that r low in fat. What would u recommend I have for a good diet throughout the day?

Also I'm trying to get down to at least 10%bf

one thing u need to learn about diet rite off the rip is u have to know wat ur putting in ur body on a daily basis if u wanna have somewhat predictable results..

i would suggest u read the stickies at the top of this forum's main page labeled: "so u wanna learn how to diet" "tdee" "cutting" "bulking".. this will give u a good foundation on how things work..

when cutting or bulking u need ur bf% to calculate tdee.. i prefer katch/mcardle formula cuz it uses LBM to calculate calories..

ur 134lbs 15%bf

134 x .15 = 20.1(lbs fat)
    134 - 20.1 = 113.9 (lbs LBM)
    113.9 x .4536 = 51.67 (kg LBM)
    BMR = (21.6 x 51.67) + 370 =1486cals
    TDEE = 1486 x 1.55 (5day/week activity) = 2303cals

to cut u wanna be in deficit of ur tdee.. to bulk u wanna be in surplus..

tdee tends to estimate a bit high.. if i were u wanting to cut id prob run at 1600cals/day.. 40/40/20 pro/carbs/fat is the split recommended to start out.. i personally dont like that split for myself for cutting cuz i do better with low carb high protein..

at 40/40/20 ur macros at 1600cals would be:
    160g pro
    160g carbs
    36g fat

personally if it were me id go closer to:
    220g pro
    100g carbs
    36g fat

from there u need to make food choices..

protein:chicken breast, lean beef, canned tuna, fish, eggwhites, lowfat cottage cheese etc

carbs: oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes THATS IT

fats: u should get most of them from the meat u eat and really shouldnt have to supplement..

while cutting u wanna stay away from dairy and fruit.. with the exception of lowfat cottage cheese which is a great last meal protein before bedtime.. id split ur protein equally between every meal and split ur carbs evenly between meal1, preworkout, postworkout only...

put together a diet following these guidelines and post it including total calories and macros for review..

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it and I'm going to start on this diet ASAP

Thread Information