Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Supplement companies, not to mention all the 'broscience' parrots all over the internet will tell you that you MUST have your PWO nutrition exactly 59.122338 minutes after your workout or the magical 'window of opportunity' will suddenly close. It's a fact that muscle cells are more sensitive PWO, protein synthesis is increased, rate of nutrient uptake is increased, etc - but the fact is this does not decline after an hour, or two or three for that matter. In fact to the contrary, there are studies which indicate these physiological changes are more efficient several hours PWO, and start to decline many many hours later.

Fasting 3-4 hours PWO will only maximize the fat burning effects of your workout and PWO cardio.
    Perfect, exactly what I was looking for, Thanks again.

damn double post..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Big ass lunch/fast breaker today:

8oz grilled rosemary-balsamic chicken breast
    romaine lettuce
    cucumbers
    craisins
    artichoke hearts
    red onion
    pomegranite vingiarette

1 scoop myofusion
    1 scoop ON casein
    1/2 cup oats

60g beef jerky

20 more minutes, i'll be having 7oz 95/5 lean ground beef, 1oz low-fat mozarella cheese, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, and 30g protein shake (whey/casein blend)

Tonight - 6 slices lean canadian bacon, 2 whole eggs, 3/4 cup whites. mmm mmm good!!!

E-T-R is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Big ass lunch/fast breaker today:

8oz grilled rosemary-balsamic chicken breast
    romaine lettuce
    cucumbers
    craisins
    artichoke hearts
    red onion
    pomegranite vingiarette

1 scoop myofusion
    1 scoop ON casein
    1/2 cup oats

60g beef jerky

20 more minutes, i'll be having 7oz 95/5 lean ground beef, 1oz low-fat mozarella cheese, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, and 30g protein shake (whey/casein blend)

Tonight - 6 slices lean canadian bacon, 2 whole eggs, 3/4 cup whites. mmm mmm good!!!
    Im full reading it

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Supplement companies, not to mention all the 'broscience' parrots all over the internet will tell you that you MUST have your PWO nutrition exactly 59.122338 minutes after your workout or the magical 'window of opportunity' will suddenly close. It's a fact that muscle cells are more sensitive PWO, protein synthesis is increased, rate of nutrient uptake is increased, etc - but the fact is this does not decline after an hour, or two or three for that matter. In fact to the contrary, there are studies which indicate these physiological changes are more efficient several hours PWO, and start to decline many many hours later.

Fasting 3-4 hours PWO will only maximize the fat burning effects of your workout and PWO cardio.

HST = Hypertrophy Specific Training - google it, you'll find some good info. In a nutshell, it's designed as a 3x a week total body workout. You would pick an exercise for each bodypart (think mainly compound exercises) and find our 15 rep max, 10 rep max, and 5 rep max for each exercise. You would do a 2 week block of each rep range starting with the 15 range. However, you start lower than your max - in 5lbs (or so) decrements. So as an example, let's say my 15 rep max for bench press is 190lbs. My 2 week block for the 15 rep range would look something like:

Monday (week 1): 165lbs x 15
    Wednesday (week 1): 170lbs x 15
    Friday (week 1): 175lbs x 15

Monday (week 2): 180lbs x 15
    Wednesday (week 2): 185lbs x 15
    Friday (week 2): 190lbs x 15 (to failure)

You'd only be doing 2-3 working sets depending on the exercise. You will only go to failure (obviously) on your last day. You would do your next 2 weeks in the 10 rep range, and another 2 weeks in the 5 rep range. So as you can see, we're dealing with progressive overload, increasing total load, etc. There is also a deload period but I don't want to get TOO much into it here, read up on it.

Having said all of that - what I am doing is not quite what I described above. I am doing a modifed system which combines HST principles along with some advanced techniques (drop sets, negatives, static holds, etc).

My God!! But I assume you're doing an upper body/lower body split then, right? i.e. the upper body and lower body still only get worked 3x each per week, just seperately, correct? Please don't tell me you're doing a total body workout 6x a week!!
    Well bro, actually I am. Its a modified version of hst, called hft...high frequency Training. Its not as brutal as it Sounds because I dont train to failure, close to it, but stop before i Hit it. For someone with a quick muscular recovery like me thats optimal...the limiting factor is your cns and by auto regulating my sessions like this i dont stress it nearly as much as i used to do when Training 3x a week until complete failure. Also i dont do the same lifts every Day, i actually have 6 different workouts with each consisting of 1whole body/power movement, 1 push and 1 pull movement. Plus a bit accessory work for weak spots. So its all about very Basic, heavy movements that lead to lots of functional strength and a balanced Body.
    I absolutely love it, peogress combined with IF is better than ever. Seems ive found my perfect eating and training combination after 6 Long years :-)

Looked up HST gb.

One question not sure if I over looked it. The prescribed sets are given per body part per week.
    Example-chest is 9 total sets.

I assume this is only working sets?

Also what did you think of the GBC circuit I done yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Well bro, actually I am. Its a modified version of hst, called hft...high frequency Training. Its not as brutal as it Sounds because I dont train to failure, close to it, but stop before i Hit it. For someone with a quick muscular recovery like me thats optimal...the limiting factor is your cns and by auto regulating my sessions like this i dont stress it nearly as much as i used to do when Training 3x a week until complete failure. Also i dont do the same lifts every Day, i actually have 6 different workouts with each consisting of 1whole body/power movement, 1 push and 1 pull movement. Plus a bit accessory work for weak spots. So its all about very Basic, heavy movements that lead to lots of functional strength and a balanced Body.
    I absolutely love it, peogress combined with IF is better than ever. Seems ive found my perfect eating and training combination after 6 Long years :-)
    Awesome bro... this is about the best thing that can happen for us in this game. I don't recover overly fast (or particularly slowly for that matter, i'm about average), so this probably wouldn't be for me.

This will sound vain, but I don't care that much about strength... i.e. i'm in this 90% for the look. How have you found this program to benefit you in terms of hypertrophy?

Quote Originally Posted by E-T-R View Post
    Looked up HST gb.

One question not sure if I over looked it. The prescribed sets are given per body part per week.
    Example-chest is 9 total sets.

I assume this is only working sets?

Also what did you think of the GBC circuit I done yesterday?
    There are many modified versions of the original HST type training. IMO, 9 sets is too much. I'd go with 4 working sets - likely a main press movement and a supplemental fly type movement. People do tend to add additional work - the biggest example is with legs. I'd stick with a squat and curl type day, but people always add extensions, etc. Not necessary IMO, but to each his own.

Re your GBC - looked pretty brutal. I don't know that i'd do a full tricep circuit; i'd keep my circuits revolved around major muscle groups... i.e. I know my tri's would get plenty of work from a chest circuit. My chest/delt circuit consisted of:

Push Ups
    Floor Press
    Fly

x5

Clean & Press
    Lateral Raise
    Upright Row

x5

That's just me though, you do whatever you feel is working best for you.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Hour 15 of fast.

Taking this week off too GB.

Too much to do and not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    Hour 15 of fast.

Taking this week off too GB.

Too much to do and not enough time.
    Nice bro... i'm in hour 15 myself. We gonna kill it together next week? I'm SO fvcking pumped to start this workout routine + IF... I have to withhold judgement until I run it for a while obviously, but my gut instinct tells me it's a match made in heaven.

I need your personal opinion though... do I go for straight fat loss, or a recomp. I will reluctantly text you a pic of my fat tits and ass if you need to see to make a call... but i'm not posting shit on this board atm lol!

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Oh we gonna kill it alright. And we'll have the same schedule.. I already hit the gym M-W-F and do cardio on T and Th.

As for what to do... go for fat loss now.

Slim down some and see where youre at muscle wise. Then you can focus on recomp if its needed.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Seems we got a nice Little IF Gang right here

GB, I'm doin it 90% for the looks also! I just wanna be aesthetic, if thats vain to some i dont give a sh!t.
    I just found for myself that no further progress was made until I turned it up in terms of weights. I am 100% sure that you can only grow until a certain point using moderate weights...at least for me. I used to kill it with every intensity technique Out there but didnt improve. Now, with more Sessions, less lifts, but more Overall load I'm getting bigger again :-)
    In terms of hypertrophy this style of Training got me over my 90-94kg Plateau last year, Ive made it up to 106kg, but that was far from aesthetic to be honest, i was just massive now im shredding and my Training helps to keep muscle. But when i was also eating big i was growing like a motherer!

^^ kinda what I was thinking... but u know me... I alwasy need a 'second set of eyes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Seems we got a nice Little IF Gang right here

GB, I'm doin it 90% for the looks also! I just wanna be aesthetic, if thats vain to some i dont give a sh!t.
    I just found for myself that no further progress was made until I turned it up in terms of weights. I am 100% sure that you can only grow until a certain point using moderate weights...at least for me. I used to kill it with every intensity technique Out there but didnt improve. Now, with more Sessions, less lifts, but more Overall load I'm getting bigger again :-)
    In terms of hypertrophy this style of Training got me over my 90-94kg Plateau last year, Ive made it up to 106kg, but that was far from aesthetic to be honest, i was just massive now im shredding and my Training helps to keep muscle. But when i was also eating big i was growing like a motherer!
    Awesome bro, glad to hear you're making such nice progress. Maybe one day i'll give this HFT a shot. For me, 3x a week total body IS HFT!

Yeah I must say triceps are sore today but not the type that feels good. I may do one exercise 3 sets of triceps and biceps and leave it at that.

Thanks for the input gb.

GB quick question? With kickboxing 3 days per week I can't commit to GBC programme. Can HST be done 2 times per week and still make good gains be it fat loss/muscle gain?

Quote Originally Posted by E-T-R View Post
    GB quick question? With kickboxing 3 days per week I can't commit to GBC programme. Can HST be done 2 times per week and still make good gains be it fat loss/muscle gain?
    Can't say as I've never tried. I can tell you it's designed to be a high frequency type routine, and I wouldn't call 2 times per week high frequency... so perhaps there's a program better suited for your schedule?

Are you saying you can literally only weight train 2x a week?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Can't say as I've never tried. I can tell you it's designed to be a high frequency type routine, and I wouldn't call 2 times per week high frequency... so perhaps there's a program better suited for your schedule?

Are you saying you can literally only weight train 2x a week?
    At the moment I work 6 days per week. My gyms weekend hours are anal which limits me to Monday to Friday! If my schedule allows me kickbox 3 times per week I can weight train twice. Otherwise ill weight train 3 times! I may look into lactic acid training which will also help my goals!

Just finished 2 scoops of protein powder, 1/2 cup oats, and a big ass salad:

romaine
    red onion
    artichoke hearts
    cherry peppers
    cucumber
    tuna (45g protein)
    drizzle of italian dressing

Then 2oz of beef jerky. Stuffed!!

Enjoying my last 4 days off from the gym and mentally preparing to kill it next week. Really looking forward to running IF in conjunction with this HST routine.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i did some reading about hst and it sounds like itd be pretty good almost seems like itd be less work in a sense only doing 1-2 sets per bodypart.. i enjoy total body as well..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i did some reading about hst and it sounds like itd be pretty good almost seems like itd be less work in a sense only doing 1-2 sets per bodypart.. i enjoy total body as well..
    Definitely less work per session... basically the opposite of high volume style training. Remember though that since volume is low, intensity MUST be high or you won't get maximum benefit from 1-2 sets. I would say this style of training isn't for people who have yet to figure out what it is to lift with intensity and give it their all.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    how are your workouts going to look? i see that you are switching it up, how will your M-W-F workouts look, meaning exercise wise? i will google it for further reading just curious as to how you are setting yours up

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    how are your workouts going to look? i see that you are switching it up, how will your M-W-F workouts look, meaning exercise wise? i will google it for further reading just curious as to how you are setting yours up
    I'll be doing total body workouts, 1-2 sets per body part, 3x a week. Lots of incrementing warm up sets, 1-2 work sets. It'll follow a basic muscle group pattern with interchangeable exercises as follows:

Legs - Squat, front squat, leg press, deadlift, weighted hyperextensions, leg curl, calf press
    Chest - push ups, flat, incline, decline presses and flys
    Back - Weighted pull ups, lat pull down, row variations
    Delts - variations of overhead press (barbell, dumbbell, machine, etc), clean and press, hang cleans, etc
    Tri's - dips/bench dips, close grip push ups, close grip bench, pressdown
    Bi's - variations of curls, chin ups,

Basically 1 major exercise and one ancillary for larger groups, and a single exercise for smaller groups

I'm not going to be doing the 15/10/5 rep scheme that's typical of HST, but a variation of it. I may switch it up to a more standard HST routine down the road, depending on how things go.

sounds good to me, especially after this rest you are giving your body.

^^ definitely. Looking forward to it!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    starting my plan tomorrow and had to pop by for a but of lite? lol reading

soooooo glad to see your still doing this GB and I appreciate all the updates!

Attachment 123470 the face of determination

^^ thx for checking in!! What does your plan entail? Will you be starting a new thread, or adding on to your existing (already epic) one?!?

Well, today is my last (week)day of getting to sleep in, seeing my wife and son in the morning, etc. It's been nice, but it's time to focus and get this plan underway. I am not even close to the shape I had planned to be in by now for the summer. It had a lot to do with the personal struggles I went through towards the end of last year and throughout the beginning of this year, but the worst seems to be behind me and I'm a better man for it all.

I am feeling well rested, my joints feel better (but not great), but more than anything I am mentally rested and prepared to get it on come Monday morning. Nothing like starting off a Monday after a weeklong break with fvcking heavy squats!!!

2 more hours and I get to eat... yum.

8oz grilled marinated chicken breast
    red onion
    cucumber
    artichoke hearts
    cherry peppers
    romaine/carrots
    italian dressing

2 scoops protein shake, 1/2 cup oats

1 cup fage greek yogurt (fat free), strawberries + blueberries w/ splenda. WIN!!!

Sounds like some good rest GB, I'm looking forward to see how your training goes come Monday.

Are you incorporating a 24hour fast day as mentioned earlier in your thread? Also will your Sat/Sun meals be including more carbs i.e. 50% of cals from carbs on weekends? I know in the beginning of this thread you mentioned you would be doing a carb cycling type of combination with your IF.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Sounds like some good rest GB, I'm looking forward to see how your training goes come Monday.

Are you incorporating a 24hour fast day as mentioned earlier in your thread? Also will your Sat/Sun meals be including more carbs i.e. 50% of cals from carbs on weekends? I know in the beginning of this thread you mentioned you would be doing a carb cycling type of combination with your IF.
    Still considering the 24 hour fast... here's the truth: I'm not going to be as anal as I was last year... it wound up causing a lot of problems for me and my family. As such, I don't expect i'll be as lean as I was in my avy... I accept that. With that in mind, I will not be fasting at all on Saturdays... call it a cheat day if you want... I don't plan to go nuts but I am not really going to worry either. If I eat a burger, I eat it. If I don't, great. I would LIKE to fast all of Sunday until Monday 12pm (so it'd be more like a 36 hour fast actually) to help offset this 'cheat day'. I also think it'll help prime me for Monday's workout and subsequent fast breaker later that day. The issue is... can I make it 36 hours? More specifically, can I make it through Sunday (another weekend day where i'm home, leisure time, with friends, etc) without eating? That remains to be seen, but I am going to try.

Still considering the 24 hour fast... here's the truth: I'm not going to be as anal as I was last year... it wound up causing a lot of problems for me and my family. As such, I don't expect i'll be as lean as I was in my avy... I accept that. With that in mind, I will not be fasting at all on Saturdays... call it a cheat day if you want... I don't plan to go nuts but I am not really going to worry either. If I eat a burger, I eat it. If I don't, great. I would LIKE to fast all of Sunday until Monday 12pm (so it'd be more like a 36 hour fast actually) to help offset this 'cheat day'. I also think it'll help prime me for Monday's workout and subsequent fast breaker later that day. The issue is... can I make it 36 hours? More specifically, can I make it through Sunday (another weekend day where i'm home, leisure time, with friends, etc) without eating? That remains to be seen, but I am going to try.
    Only one way to find out...

If the weekend is difficult maybe 24 fast monday and break it tuesday?

Only one way to find out...

If the weekend is difficult maybe 24 fast monday and break it tuesday?
    Fasting on Monday would be MUCH more doable... but i'd rather not fast 24 hours through a workout day. Argh!!!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I'm really looking forward to this too, it's something I'm looking at doing when my business is up and running and I'll likely have to lift at 7am.

Now, obviously, your 'supplement' regime is different to your last cut and I know you mentioned ECA, but is clen not a better option or is it something that doesn't agree with you?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Tbh, I don't know if i'm going to be using anything at all. I am trying to stay very clean in terms of supplements/stims, etc. If anything, i'd probably stick with ECA - it's cheaper and legal. Other than that though, I really want to focus on training and diet. If/when I get close back to where I want to be, I may introduce ECA to help past that hurdle, but at the moment will power is all I need.... and let me tell you it's very weak these days. My point is I don't want to use anything as a crutch until I can get myself straightened out; at that point, i'll reconsider.

Fasting on Monday would be MUCH more doable... but i'd rather not fast 24 hours through a workout day. Argh!!!
    I just recently changed my off days to Sun/Mon vice Sat/Sun, seems like everybody and there mother wants to workout on Mondays and Saturdays it's completely empty.

You're right though, not a good idea to 24 fast on a workout day.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^^ thx for checking in!! What does your plan entail? Will you be starting a new thread, or adding on to your existing (already epic) one?!?

I’m doing a CR with IF 24hour on 2x week rotation and 1x week carb load with cal moderate. I’m reshaping my body and with that the weight will drop, my previous plan really made a massive measurement wise difference on me and I felt great and felt great about myself (most important)

not planning on starting new thread or adding to my old one, I’m on a different site for that (that’s more lady friendly lol and weight loss focused)
    Tigers getting prepped for deployment. Gone 2 weeks starting tomorrow than in a few months gone for 2 months than around Feb gone for like 18 months ~ sooo I cannot worry about making dinner to fit his needs my needs the kids or worry about him having the car at work when I want to use gym lol so things well be ideal for me to focus on myself (not that I won’t miss the h3ll out of him or be an emotional wreck at times).

pretty much same as before...but can’t start training till I’m healed from yesterday’s surgery (about a week)
    STRETCHES @ 6:00 AM

6:30 AM MEAL 1 -
    Protein blend 12 almonds (27 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)
    *my blend is ½ Premier protein choc shake with about 1/2 scoop Creatien choc powder*
    I toss it all in the blender and it’s like drinking rocky road ice cream

10:15 AM MEAL 2 -
    Protein shake (30 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

12:30 MEAL 3 -
    Celery Radish Cucumber with homemade spicy bean dip OR hardboiled egg whites (27 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

3:30 MEAL 4 -
    Protein shake (30 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

2 fish oil, fiber tabs, amino pills
    TRAIN@5:00 PM
    * till failure every machine (usually 3 of 15)
    Upper body on Mondays starting with 10min Cardio (HITT)
    IF on Tuesdays with P90X dvd
    Lower bod on Wednesdays starting with10min Cardio
    IF on Thursdays with P90X dvd
    Booty-lish-ious routine listed below Fridays
    PLANK: 30sec / each SIDE PLANK: 20sec and Full Stretching Routine

6:30 PM MEAL 5- (as soon as I get home from gym)
    *must include lots veggie/ fiber/ protein / low carb fruit like tomatoes zucchini etc.
    A homemade soup Bean or Lentil or Pea or Chicken very heavy on veggies (almost always to include 15 types of beans&peas&lentals/pepper/onion/celery/carrot/zuchini/eggplant/garlic/tomato/water/ sausage or chicken or beef) Or a plate of fish with hard cheese slices and veggie’s
    (average: 24 P/ 2 F/ 215 CAL/ 30 C/ 2 SUG)

extra stretches in hip stacked positions (standing)
    BED 11:00 Pm

Mental Notes
    [•] 24 hour IF 2x week
    [•] Water Intake 74fl daily
    [•] Cheat day is Fri or Sat
    Cheat day under 1200 cal (so if I want taco bell ice-cream chips or whatever, I just have small amounts of everything rather than eating the whole serving)

AB Leg lifts~ strait leg: 5, 2 sets/ bent side 2 side lifts 10, 3 sets
    Triceps Press 90lbs 10, 4 set
    Bicep Curl 30lbs, 5 set
    Shoulder Press 10lbs 10, 6 set
    Rear Delt Row 50lbs 10, 6 set
    Back Extension 110lbs 15, 3 set
    Chest Press 10lbs 15, 5 set
    Pull Down 70lbs 10, 5 set
    Fly 30lbs 15, 4 set
    about 1.5 hour = Upper body Day MONDAYS

Calf Extension 70lbs 10, 6sets
    Seated Leg Curl 75lbs 10, 7sets
    Leg Extraction 75lbs 10, 5 sets
    Seated Leg Press 110lbs 10 5 sets *my focus and butt builder: toes up so high on bar that they hangover and only heel is used to push. do 1 set feet parallel (l l) than another full set with feet forming a V (\ /) than another full set feet forming (/ \ ) each foot position works diff small muscles
    Inner Hip Abduction 150lbs 15, 5 sets
    Outer Hip Abduction 180lbs 15, 9 reps
    1.5 hour = Lower body Day WEDNESDAYS

GB, did you survive the weekend?

@Sexy4 - SICK!!! And detailed as usuall...

GB, did you survive the weekend?
    Pretty much. But i'm sitting here annoyed right now because these pants feel awfully fvcking tight!!!

Felt pretty good in the gym this morning. Well rested, no joint pain, etc. Didn't feel as good as I had hoped/expected, but still went through my lifts pretty nicely. Looking forward to just getting back into the routine after the rest. Fast breaks at 12pm today, menu will be:

12pm - 1 scoop ON casein + 1 scoop Myofusion + 3/4 cup oats
    9oz of my homemade low carb meatloaf (yum!!)
    8oz fat free greek yogurt w/ splenda, blueberries, strawberries, and oats (just a sprinkle of oats)

3:30pm - Big ass salad:
    large can of tuna
    romaine
    cherry peppers
    cucumber
    red onion
    artichoke hearts
    few crumbles of blue cheese
    sprinkle of pecans
    few apple slices

2oz beef jerky

7pm - 2 whole eggs
    3 slices lean canadian bacon
    light english muffin
    protein shake OR cottage cheese

PS - I know I used the words 'few' and 'sprinkle' quite a bit - but I have everything measured out and accounted for, just didn't feel like typing all the macros and weights, etc. C'mon, you know me better than that!

man, i like your meals, especially the last one. i need to stop being a lazy ass and prepare my meals. glad to see that the devil didn't get ya over the weekend.

and post a recipe of this low-carb meatloaf!

It's pretty basic and you can definitely mess with it to your liking:

sautee 1 diced onion and 2 garlic cloves in PAM (or any non-stock cooking spray). Preheat oven to 350 degress. In the meantime, combine:

2lbs 95/5 lean ground beef (you can use lean ground turkey or pork, or a combo of any of the 3)
    2 whole eggs, lighly beaten
    1/4 cup fat free sour cream
    1/4 cup low carb ketchup and/or barbeque sauce (optional)
    Add the sauteed veggies once cooled
    Few 'dashes' of Worcestershire sauce (I use more than a few)
    salt and pepper to taste
    Oregano to taste
    Basil to taste
    Feel free to add any other spices/seasonings you like - cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley, etc

Mix everything together thoroughly. You should have a very 'wet' meatloaf. Add 1 cup of quick oats (the small ground up oats) as a binder instead of breadcrumbs. Incorporate into mixture.

Get a meatloaf pan (I forget the size at the moment) and press mixture into pan to form a loaf. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degress for 45 minutes. Turn oven up to 425 degress, remove foil and bake another 30 minutes to brown the outside.

Remove loaf from pan while hot. At this point, you can top it with whatever you like - ketchup, gravy, tomato sauce, etc. Enjoy!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information