Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet critique

lestat85 is offline Associate Member
    I was using instant oatmeal for convenience, but have cut the instant out and am using quick oats. I'm sure there's a lot better, but its what I've got right now.
    I'll look into the package info vs the app info when I get a chance at home and see how they compare. Personally I think it'll be close, but we'll see. If the numbers are off, it's a simple matter of entering the foods as custom foods and using those, rather than preprogrammed.
    I can see the point behind mockery's opinion about apps and respect it. I however disagree, but will look into it for myself anyways. The point is to get the diet on track, however, and I appreciate all advice and would rather keep the discussion on the diet itself, as opposed to the usefulness of the app.

lestat85 is offline Associate Member
    Today's diet as planned:

Meal 1 (Preworkout) - 4 eggs (hard boiled night before), 1/2 cup oatmeal

Post workout - protein shake (1 scoop protein, 1/4 cup oats)

Meal 2 - 8oz haddock, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup mixed veg

Meal 3 - 7oz sirloin, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup mixed veg

Meal 4 - 6oz chicken, 1 cup mixed veg

Meal 5 - 6oz chicken, 1 cup mixed veg

Calories 2352
    Protein 266
    Carbs 216
    Fats 46 (8 saturated)

All feedback is appreciated. I feel like this is a lot better than when I started this thread. Thank you to everyone who gave advice. Please let me know how this is looking and any other tips to continue improving on this.
    After recalculating everything by hand, the new totals are:

Calories 2496
    Protein 199
    Carbs 255
    Fat 74

The app seemed to mostly be off about the protein in the haddock and didn't count the fat in the chicken (although I buy bone-in, skin on and remove the bone and skin myself so the fat total from the app is probably closer as the package includes the total for the skin)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information