Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    gonejeepin is offline Associate Member
    another good leg day at the gym, did squats, walking will likely be a chore come saturday.

goign grocery shopping tomorrow, Im going to change the chicken breasts for shrimp/fish for the next couple weeks, i literally cant get chicken breast down at the moment, tastes like chalk and cardboard.

here a progress pic i took this evening, gut is slightly inflated as i had just ate, im down 14lbs but it is hard to tell any difference yet.
    Last edited by gonejeepin; 01-21-2013 at 06:51 PM.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    stopping in and read your thread. noticed "weekend binging" more than once...no worries yet, since you are hitting it hard, soon u will decide that the binges may not be worth it to achieve your goals. it's harder at first but gets easier to stay focused when you really start seeing the results of your hard work! congrats on the 14 lost...great progress so far!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    stopping in and read your thread. noticed "weekend binging" more than once...no worries yet, since you are hitting it hard, soon u will decide that the binges may not be worth it to achieve your goals. it's harder at first but gets easier to stay focused when you really start seeing the results of your hard work! congrats on the 14 lost...great progress so far!!!
    thanks for stopping by! and yes the binging needs to stop. The only reason the scale has been going down is because I have such a large amount of bf to lose that even a 75% effort yields results.

^^^ it will just take you a little longer if you still like the bing. i rather go shopping than binging now...LOL

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    hey Jeep,

skimmed over your thread for the first time. looking good man, youre doing great!

was curious what activity level you used to determine your tdee?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    hey Jeep,

skimmed over your thread for the first time. looking good man, youre doing great!

was curious what activity level you used to determine your tdee?
    hey, thanks for the encouragement. I believe I used moderate activity level as my job is physical but not strenuously physical and I lift 5 times/wk and dont do too much cardio, yet.

Chest workout complete, haven't lost any strength thus far, diet has been proper all week, hopeing to be down to 210 tomorrow for weigh-in.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey jeep stop binging dude!

cardboard chikn: buy bone in skin on and bake then remove the meat once it has cooled.. its WWWWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYY better! my wife even undercooks the chikn slightly cuz it keeps cooking once u tak it out of the oven. takes a little while to get it dialed in but shes a master! my chikn is always moist and tender!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i understand the binging, it happens to me every weekend! just stay your course, consistency is the key to this game

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey jeep stop binging dude!

cardboard chikn: buy bone in skin on and bake then remove the meat once it has cooled.. its WWWWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYY better! my wife even undercooks the chikn slightly cuz it keeps cooking once u tak it out of the oven. takes a little while to get it dialed in but shes a master! my chikn is always moist and tender!
    the binging is under control, well for this week so far , as for the chicken i will give that a try for sure< though i have been enjoying my tilapia and shrimp this week.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i understand the binging, it happens to me every weekend! just stay your course, consistency is the key to this game
    you go it! binges are gonna happen, but they cannot be happening on a weekly basis.

week 5 weigh-in

210lbs
    weight loss for the week -2lbs
    total weight loss -16lbs

long way to go still but moving in the right direction. I think it is going to be easy to get down to 200, but getting from there to 185 is going to be tough, with no room for binging thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gonejeepin View Post
    week 5 weigh-in

210lbs
    weight loss for the week -2lbs
    total weight loss -16lbs

long way to go still but moving in the right direction. I think it is going to be easy to get down to 200, but getting from there to 185 is going to be tough, with no room for binging thats for sure.
    there are measures to be taken for that!

Not much to report really, been super busy this week, no time to binge lol, actually missed a couple meals. Starting to lose a rep or two on a couple lifts but most are staying the same.

is the loss of reps due to weight lost???

is the loss of reps due to weight lost???
    Not sure but id imagine its a possibility, maybe just lack of energy or something, we'll see what those lifts are like next week.

Some strength loss while cutting is possible. U should find u have good and bad days

had a pretty crappy chest workout today. gym was absolutely rammed. spent most my time waiting around. Diet was good all weekend, weigh in tomorrow, and definitely switching my routine soon as I am getting bored with the current one and would liek to try hitting each muscle group twice per week instead of once.

WEEK 6 WEIGH-IN
    205lbs

Weight loss for week -5lbs
    Total weight loss -21lbs

This doesn't make too much sense, weight loss had started to slow to a proper pace but then I drop 5lbs in a week? Maybe I should be adding a little more food at this point.
    Last edited by gonejeepin; 09-18-2012 at 05:22 PM.

WEEK 6 WEIGH-IN
    205lbs

Weight loss for week -5lbs
    Total weight loss -21lbs

This doesn't make too much sense, weight loss had started to slow to a proper pace but then I drop 5lbs in a week? Maybe I should be adding a little more food at this point.
    at 3.5lbs per week u are losing more than average for sure. i cant recall ur macros but im sure ur at what 60/20/20? what r total cals? stats?

at 3.5lbs per week u are losing more than average for sure. i cant recall ur macros but im sure ur at what 60/20/20? what r total cals? stats?
    60/20/20 , I believe it was 2175cal, 310p/105c/55f.

Oh and stats ... Will be 28y/o this wknd, 6'1" and currently sitting @ 205lbs.

whats ur ballpark bf%?

I'm not sure, ill get a pic up tonite but I'd say 20-22% ... Hopefully lol.

ok, heres a pic, any bf% estimates are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by gonejeepin; 01-21-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Just had a waste of a workout, only got an hour of sleep last nite, sluggish and week at the gym, should have just skipped today, meh, live and learn.

Just had a waste of a workout, only got an hour of sleep last nite, sluggish and week at the gym, should have just skipped today, meh, live and learn.
    i know what ya mean, but hey, you did something positive!

are you weighing yourself at the same time with the same conditions everytime? just curious. it could just be water fluccuating from day to day also.

Every tuesday morning I wake up at 5am, relieve myself, step on scale. Althought I can't say my water intake is the exact same everyday so perhaps that is playing a role.

Quote Originally Posted by gonejeepin
    Every tuesday morning I wake up at 5am, relieve myself, step on scale. Althought I can't say my water intake is the exact same everyday so perhaps that is playing a role.
    It could be, just wanted to make sure you were consistent. My body holds water like a woman, sometimes up to 5 lbs in a day. Since you lost the weight, have you reassessed your macros, TDEE?

water is a consideration. when i leave the gym after drinking 60 oz of water duirng an hour spinning class, my skirts are tighter...until my body flushes it out. could be water retention some weeks depending on salt. heck as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction and it doesn't seem like a plateau yet. congrats on progress so far!

for ur stats 205lbs 18-20%bf ur eating more than enuff cals. just keep going. u should not be losing any (or very little) muscle at this point. make sure u refeed at 250g carbs every 14 days..

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    It could be, just wanted to make sure you were consistent. My body holds water like a woman, sometimes up to 5 lbs in a day. Since you lost the weight, have you reassessed your macros, TDEE?
    Yeah you're likely correct about the water, no I haven't adjusted cals yet, don't see a need to lower the cals at this point as I'm still dropping weight rapidly, will be adjusting them when progress starts to plateau.

water is a consideration. when i leave the gym after drinking 60 oz of water duirng an hour spinning class, my skirts are tighter...until my body flushes it out. could be water retention some weeks depending on salt. heck as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction and it doesn't seem like a plateau yet. congrats on progress so far!
    Thanks!

for ur stats 205lbs 18-20%bf ur eating more than enuff cals. just keep going. u should not be losing any (or very little) muscle at this point. make sure u refeed at 250g carbs every 14 days..
    Well I guess ill just keep on doin what I'm doin for the time being, also.... Grabbed some chicekn breasts withs skin like u said, bbq'd them, then removed skin, muchhhhh better, ty sir.

Well, went way off track with the diet, was my bday this wknd so there was cake and whanot. Going to figure out a new 3-4 day routine this week. Now that I have school ontop of a 50hr work week I'm running out of time so something has to give.

^^^ don't give up on your goals

^^^ don't give up on your goals
    thanks, no worries I'm not giving up, just need to organize my time a little differently and make some adjustments.
    Also weighed in at 207lbs this morning, that's +2lbs since last week's abonormally low weigh-in where I dropped 5 lbs. This puts me at -19lbs in 7 weeks.

Its been a while since I checked in here, life has been hectic and haven't much time to do anything, eating has been less than ideal for sure the past couple weeks but still getting into the gym whenever possible, weight has been fluctuatinng between 205-210 depending on my eating. Hopeing my schedule will allow me to get back at it properly this week.

well its been about 3 months since i last checked in here. due to an issue with my back i was completely out of the gym for just shy of 9 weeks, i tried to keep my diet somewhat acceptable but i found that extremely hard to do while not even working out. There was also a 1 week trip in there to Mexico that was loads of fun but didnt help the weight loss situation.

Im back in the gym as of last monday, got 3 sessions in last week and this week. I cannot yet do deads or squats which is a real bummer. I have lost A LOT of strength but i guess that is to be expected.

Weighed in today at 202.5lbs which tells me im lost considerable lbm. My body composition has changed for the worse. Ive got my work cut out for me once again but it feels good to be back at the gym. Just hit the grocery store and have my food all sorted for the week.

Im tempted to reach into the closet for a little test at this point to help preserve what little lbm I have left but not sure if that is the best idea.

anyways it feels good to be heading in the right direction again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information