Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    21yearsold is offline Junior Member

No Carb Diet Not Working

Hi All-

So I'm in the middle of a conundrum. I am 6'3" 235 lbs. and mostly body fat. Since last Monday I was on a no-carb diet. I felt like I hit ketosis at one point, but lost only 1 lb. overall. Feeling unhealthy and kind of depressed I completely killed the diet last night. Beer, pancakes, milkshake, biscuits and gravy, etc.

I have been told by many members that No-carbing is not what I need. And they suggested I get some help from the professionals. To give you guys a little history... I have NEVER been this big. NOBODY in my family has had weight issues and I have never had any either until the past year when I gained 30-40 lbs in 12 months. I have had the same diet my entire life until the past 6 months where it has gotten a bit worse. Not by much though. So- I've never done anything besides no-carbs and have no idea where to start. My goal is to get back down to the 190-200 range. Hopefully within 1-3 months.

Thanks!

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Whats your BF%?

Are you doing cardio for 45mins each day and lifting?

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    you need to allow new diets to work, sometimes depending on the water you retain you need to wait a few weeks before you start to lose actual weight. When u lose 1lb a week, humans get greedy and want 3 lbs a week. Be happy with the 1lbs loss so far. Binging is obviously not the answer. Kieto may or may not be... it depends on YOU and how you handle being in a kieto state. If you function well in kieto it will be great, protein and animal fats to make up the loss of calories form carbs.. If you dont handle kieto well AT ALL... Meaning you cant function normally through out the day. Then you have to go back to carbs. Starting at 50g minimum working up to 120 a day.

Diet is key for everything and if yo are not honest about eating clean you wont go anywhere or if you do for a bit you will YO YO very quickly.

Whats your BF%?
    No idea. Mostly BF I'm sure.

Are you doing cardio for 45mins each day and lifting?
    2 out of the last 3 days I have done 4.25 miles on the bike at 5-10 level average within 15 minutes. I also finish up with running 1/2 a mile at a slow pace after lifting weights strenuously (5 min pace).

it depends on YOU and how you handle being in a kieto state.
    That's the thing- when I USED to go on a keto diet in days past, I have lost 10-30 lbs in 1-3 weeks. The fat literally melted off me. Now, it seemed like it wasn't working.

Blog Entries
    10lbs a week isnt healthy and on the hormone side of things u would rebound very easily.

U need realistic goals, u need a proper diet , and you have to train hard.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    21 good to see u came over here.

u say u dont know ur bf%? FIND OUT!

in the mean time i suggest posting a pic.

read sticky: dieting 101: cutting

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    10lbs a week isnt healthy and on the hormone side of things u would rebound very easily.

U need realistic goals, u need a proper diet , and you have to train hard.
    OK- So would 30 lbs in 3-4 months be realistic? Especially considering the fact that I'm going to use the GW and liquid Keto along with PRESCRIBED testosterone /ghrp-6/semerolin/AIs??

read sticky: dieting 101: cutting
    I'm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 21yearsold View Post
    OK- So would 30 lbs in 3-4 months be realistic? Especially considering the fact that I'm going to use the GW and liquid Keto along with PRESCRIBED testosterone/ghrp-6/semerolin/AIs??
    sounds like u are throwing a bunch of stuff at a problem (high body fat) that u really dont need to do IMO..

Blog Entries
    less is more.

u could just eat normal and clean and lose the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    sounds like u are throwing a bunch of stuff at a problem (high body fat) that u really dont need to do IMO..
    The stuff that's prescribed is because of actual doctors recommendations and BW that I've done. I know I "COULD" do that, but the GW/Keto I've heard is GREAT for fat loss. Again, is that a realistic goal with good dieting and cardio?

30lbs in 4 months maybe.. u would not wanna lose more than that anyways. u dont wanna lose LBM.. why dont u post a pic so we can see what were working with? without having a bodyfat% u cannot calculate calories..

Blog Entries
    Nothing will work if you dont have your head and diet in check first. quick fix = you rebounding fairly quick.

OK-

So I've calculated my TDEE. It's 2840.53128.
    Based on the instructions I am going to use a diet of 2300 cal/day:
    920c/920p/460f
    230g of carbs/proteins
    50g of fats

Now what? lol

Here's a pic btw...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0003.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	330.9 KB 
ID:	128353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0004.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	343.9 KB 
ID:	128354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0006.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	341.3 KB 
ID:	128355

now were getting somewhere! dont worry OP we will get u lean as long as u actually stick to what we tell u to do and dont quit!

id guess 25%bf would be a good start.

235lbs 25%bf = 2640cals rough maintenance

id suggest u start cutting at 2150cals 60/20/20 pro carbs fat

322g pro
    107g carbs
    47g fat

split ur protein between all 6 meals (or however many u eat)

split ur carbs between meals pre workout/post workout (50g each) and then have green veg in at least 2 other meals (pref 3)..

CARDIO: very important.. do it am fasted if possible or PWO> (i prefer fasted and suggest it for u) do 45mins cardio moderate intensity 5-6days per week. i like the elliptical. its not as hard as running IMO so itll be easier to stick to.

i suggest u post a diet for review being sure to include meal times and total cals and macros + ur workout time.

post ur diet in this format:

(0700) meal1: .................

(1030) pre workout meal2: .................

NOON LIFT

(1330) post workout meal3: ....................

(1530) meal4: .............................

(1800) meal5: ...........................

(2000) meal6: ......................

total cals: .............
    total pro ..............
    total carb .........
    total fat .............

and GET UR BF% CHEKD! so were not guessing!

BTW this time last year i was in ur shoes with low test and fat!

it took me about 6months to get good and lean. i was 26.6%bf (BOD POD) in pic 1 and 13.1%bf (BOD POD) pic 2

it can be done!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Carb Diet Not Working-original-2.jpg   No Carb Diet Not Working-photo-91-.jpg  

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i've went no carb while lifting before. A lady in my office that works for me, a former body builder herself, pulled me aside and began talking to me. She knew I was "no carbing" it. She politely told me to eat some carbs, as I was really becoming grouchy and difficult to work with. I did as requested, and the very next day, my happy go lucky self was back. She pulled me aside and told she knew I added the carbs without me having to tell her since I was back to my old self.

If you lift, you need to eat carbs!

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    i've went no carb while lifting before. A lady in my office that works for me, a former body builder herself, pulled me aside and began talking to me. She knew I was "no carbing" it. She politely told me to eat some carbs, as I was really becoming grouchy and difficult to work with. I did as requested, and the very next day, my happy go lucky self was back. She pulled me aside and told she knew I added the carbs without me having to tell her since I was back to my old self.

If you lift, you need to eat carbs!
    This can be very common for most. Carbs can really affect your mood and attitude. During my cut I went low carb for 3 months. The first month my demeanor was way off. I was depressed, grouchy, and moody. After my body and mind adjusted, I could eat under 50 grams of carbs a day and be the happiest person in the world. Now carbs have no affect on me. I can average 300 grams a day for a week then the next week drop it to 30 grams a day with no noticeable difference in my personality

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    You need to remember consistency is key. Work on a solid lifting routine along with cardio. Focus on diet just as much. There are quite a few ways to work your diet. Calorie deficit, low/zero carb and a few others.

Good luck!

ShredMN is offline Banned
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but are you counting your caloric intake along with the amount of calories you're burning. If you count your caloric intake and make sure you're in a deficit, I don't see it possible to not lose weight. Go to Barnes N Noble and look for a diet/workout log called "BodyMinder" by MemoryMinder Journals. If they don't have it in stock, you can place an order on their website or in store and they will notify you when it arrives for pickup. Alternatively, if for some strange reason they don't sell it or won't order it (they have always ordered it for me where I live) you can buy it from bodybuilding.com

Also make sure you're weighing yourself first thing in the morning in a fasted state (empty stomach) otherwise your weight will be skewed by foods you have consumed throughout the day.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    BTW this time last year i was in ur shoes with low test and fat!

it took me about 6months to get good and lean. i was 26.6%bf (BOD POD) in pic 1 and 13.1%bf (BOD POD) pic 2

it can be done!
    405 buddy, I'm sure it's been said a million times but kudos and congrats to you...you are an insperation my friend!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    405 buddy, I'm sure it's been said a million times but kudos and congrats to you...you are an insperation my friend!!!!!!!!!!
    thx man! the OP's pic reminded me of myself last year. figd if i showed him before and after pics itd give him a visualization. i think hes on TRT (maybe just starting). as was i

OK- So would 30 lbs in 3-4 months be realistic? Especially considering the fact that I'm going to use the GW and liquid Keto along with PRESCRIBED testosterone /ghrp-6/semerolin/AIs??

curious OP u say ur scripted test which i understand but in the same sentence u also include GHRP-6 and sermorelin. ur not scripted these as well are u?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    thx man! the OP's pic reminded me of myself last year. figd if i showed him before and after pics itd give him a visualization. i think hes on TRT (maybe just starting). as was i

curious OP u say ur scripted test which i understand but in the same sentence u also include GHRP-6 and sermorelin. ur not scripted these as well are u?

i was wondering the same thing?

these guys will set ya straight man, just follow their lead!

That is correct, I am on TRT AND am about to get scripted GHRP-6 and Semorelin. Unfortunately they're going to have to wait until I can get enough money... Or I can get my doctor to send me estimated treatment plan/protocol and get from 3rd party cause 3 months through docs costs 1400 and insurance won't cover it.

you do know that you can order the peptides yourself, for research purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    you do know that you can order the peptides yourself, for research purposes.
    Yes-

That's why I would get the protocol from doc and then buy the product elsewhere.

That is correct, I am on TRT AND am about to get scripted GHRP-6 and Semorelin. Unfortunately they're going to have to wait until I can get enough money... Or I can get my doctor to send me estimated treatment plan/protocol and get from 3rd party cause 3 months through docs costs 1400 and insurance won't cover it.
    this i find of major interest! doctors prescribing peptides! anyone else heard of this?? where u from dude?

from what ive read GHRP-2 or Ipamorelin is better than GHRP-6.

have u seen post # 14?? if not chek it out and let me know what u think..

this i find of major interest! doctors prescribing peptides! anyone else heard of this?? where u from dude?

from what ive read GHRP-2 or Ipamorelin is better than GHRP-6.

have u seen post # 14?? if not chek it out and let me know what u think..
    I'm from Austin TX. The pharma is Kingsberg Medical.

I tried GHRP-6 for 3 weeks a long time ago and LOVED it.

I have, unfortunately due to lack of funds I cannot plan a diet as I am eating as cheap as possible. Moving to Alaska to wait out my security clearance so funds are VERY low. Who would have known Juneau was more expensive than Austin?!?!

curious if u dont have enuff money to run a cutting diet how u manged to gain so much weight? chikn breast, broccoli, oatmeal, brn rice.. maybe a few other things. sounds like ur making an excuse dude..

if u knew u had not enuff money to plan a diet (which sounds like bullcrap to me) why are u wasting peoples time on here??

curious if u dont have enuff money to run a cutting diet how u manged to gain so much weight? chikn breast, broccoli, oatmeal, brn rice.. maybe a few other things. sounds like ur making an excuse dude..

if u knew u had not enuff money to plan a diet (which sounds like bullcrap to me) why are u wasting peoples time on here??
    Whoa man- Was looking for nutrition advice. Can't start this right NOW, but I am getting a cash advance so it will be soon. I didn't expect to have ALL the info so fast lol! It happened in like 2 days... I got fat because of low T and bad eating habits over the past 12 months. The past month or so I've been broke waiting for security clearance to come through. Since it hasn't- I'm going to go work in AK until it does. Sorry if you feel I've wasted your time, but I'm really interested and appreciative and will start this very shortly (probably next monday). I just need to have like a weekly meal plan I can stick to. Even if I did have cash, I can't just buy stuff in ATX and take it to Juneau!

ok dude.. maybe i was a little too buttholish

i suggest in the mean time til u get some money u go ahead and plan ur diet out now which is what i was getting at by asking the question "have u lookd at post 14".. it sounded like u werent planning on running a diet at all.

ok dude.. maybe i was a little too buttholish

i suggest in the mean time til u get some money u go ahead and plan ur diet out now which is what i was getting at by asking the question "have u lookd at post 14".. it sounded like u werent planning on running a diet at all.
    LOL No worries! I definitely AM. And WILL be running a diet. I spent a lot of last night looking at foods (eggs, rice, potatoes, etc) that can fit this mold. I want to have a weekly meal plan that I abide by so I can plan ALL grocery/supplement purchases like a MONTH ahead of time and just save money that way.

what id suggest is coming up with a hypothetical diet that fits the macros i posted above with food choices u think will fit into ur budget.. this way when u get the opportunity u can hit the ground running. in the mean time i suggest u make some changes to ur current diet so u dont make more work for urself!

what id suggest is coming up with a hypothetical diet that fits the macros i posted above with food choices u think will fit into ur budget.. this way when u get the opportunity u can hit the ground running. in the mean time i suggest u make some changes to ur current diet so u dont make more work for urself!
    i second this!

and get a daily diet, not a weekly one.

405 will get you straight!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i second this!

and get a daily diet, not a weekly one.

405 will get you straight!
    I double agree. But what I mean is that I will have a daily meal plan from Sunday-Saturday laid out... And I can just look at my Log-book and see what is on the menu for that day and what I'm eating for each and every meal.

I double agree. But what I mean is that I will have a daily meal plan from Sunday-Saturday laid out... And I can just look at my Log-book and see what is on the menu for that day and what I'm eating for each and every meal.
    DO IT!

consistency is the magic pill to this!

Logging is the second "magic pill."

Wait guys I thought the magic pill was the Anavar ??

XD

K Guys-

After much deliberation and fretting over this meal planning I have come up with a couple ideas. I actually put together a meal plan and was doing fine until Windows Update decided to (#)*()#*ing restart my computer and not default save. However, I am going to use the swole.me application and put together a day-by-day diet plan excluding Breakfast. Breakfast will always be the following:

PROTEIN SHAKE

SOYMILK 10oz: 20carb/10protein/10fat
    Strawberries 5 oz: 10carb/0protein/0fat
    GNC 100% Vanilla Whey Protein 2 scoop: 8carb/40protein/4fat
    TOTAL:

440kcal/18carb/40protein/4fat

Otherwise, I'm going to have the planner set it up for a 3-meal 1500 calorie diet per day and just surprise myself with whatever comes up. Most likely will start off more on the vegan/vegatarian side of things as I need to train myself to be willing to eat anything and I've been a near-carnivore for a while. I'm going to be spending 45 minutes/day 6 days/week on the elliptical and 60 minutes/day 5 days/week lifting weights. I'm not really worried about packing on weight or maintaining so carbs are not going to be scheduled around in any way. I'm also not going to be heavily monitoring/restricting the ratios (carbsroteins:fats) as I am nearing 250lbs now and more so just worried about stemming this weight issue.

Let me know what you guys think!

for starters ur macros seem incorrect for ur breakfast. looks more like 505cals, 38g carbs, 50g pro, 14g fat

other than that i think its gonna be a pain changing meals daily cuz ur gonna wanna keep up with cals and macros. ur gonna have to calculate ur food intake daily.

i aLSO think its a BAD idea not monitoring the ratios of pro/carb/fat. this plays a big role IMO for determining body composition.

i also think its a BAD idea starting off vegan/vegetarian if ur wanting to lose fat and build muscle.

personally id lose that meal 1 altogether and start with like eggs and oats man. that meal (while it may taste good) looks like something my wife would eat!

1500cals per day is gonna be too few and will not do well for ur metabolism either.

curious to ur logic behind this whole thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information