Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    carib102 is offline New Member
    Good to know digsy, I thought this was the case, I just didn't think it would rise so much that buckets of sweat would be pouring off me! More calories burned is definitely a good thing.

Quick update for Thursday.
    5:30am - 25min LISS cardio (fasted)
    6:00am - Weights (fasted)
    7:00am - 25min LISS cardio (fasted)
    1:30pm - 60min LISS cardio

Workout was as follows:
    Squat: 110/10 110/10 121/10
    DB Bench 46/8 46/7 46/4
    Deadlift: 90/8 96/8 102/8
    Bent Row: 78/8 78/8 84/8
    DB Press: 35/8 35/8
    Crunch: 15 15

Still trying to get a baseline for my lifts, though I think I'm closer now. Strength is definitely getting better, can tell this even after 2 days back. More stable in handling the weights and starting to feel my groove again. Can't wait until the stabilizers are back in shape and weights start going up massively. My own damn fault for the 2 year layoff, so no one else to blame.

Diet: 1658cals 229.1 protein / 92.0 carbs / 42.2 fat 56/21/23

Calories seem a bit low, but I still have plenty of energy for the workout and daily activities so I'm not gonna stress over it. Will see on Monday what the weight loss looks like. I have plenty of options for changes to break through any plateaus at this point so gtg.

Ok, off for 45min of fasted LISS!

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    I wouldn't even think about a plateau yet mate... Shouldn't come up against a plateau for some time yet! Wait loss in first week will be high due to water loss! After that each week 2lbs is a good loss...

I'm sure the first week weight loss was due to water. First week was 210 to 203 lbs. No weight training that week and LISS 45min per day. This week 2x weight training and double the LISS (1st session fasted). 2lbs would be acceptable, but considering where I was starting from I can hope it will be more I know it will slow down soon enough.

Friday update (Day #15)

Morning fasted LISS - 45 min
    Afternoon LISS - 60 minutes

Diet - 1,884 calories 276.7g protein / 87.2g carbs / 47.0g fat 59/18/22

Notes: Very little soreness from yesterdays workout. Minimal in the lower body, none in the upper body. I am going to increase from full body 2x/wk to full body 3x/wk beginning Monday. Felt quite lethargic throughout the morning...thought of skipping the 60 min LISS in the afternoon, but actually felt better and more energy afterwards, so glad I forced myself to do it. Wife tried to tempt me with fried chicken and sticky rice, but I was having none of it! Sure did look good though

So, Saturday turned into a bit of a cluster fvck. I did get in 60 minutes of fasted LISS in the morning which was good, however my diet was...difficult to track. We have friends in from NYC and my wife mentioned taking them to this all you can eat bar-b-que place. I looked at some numbers and decided that I could do that and still fit everything in with my macros for the day so said why not. In typical fashion for her, around 4pm she called and said plans had changed and we were now going for sushi. Not that I don't like sushi, but my diet up to that point had been predicated on the bar-b-que place. Ah, c'est la vie! Needless to say, I cheated somewhat with the Japanese place. Based my dinner around tuna sashimi, but did have maybe 8 pieces of sushi as well. TBH I'm not too worried about it because that is likely less that 1/2 cup of rice total and I had plenty of good protein from the tuna, I'm just a bit miffed that I have no way to track the calories/macros from this meal. On the upside, visually it doesn't appear to have affected my negatively.

Tomorrow is the first weigh in w/ bf% since beginning so I'm looking forward to that. Good thing I'll be getting it done in the morning because Monday night will likely be another cheat. Today is my birthday and tomorrow the same friends will be taking us out for dinner. I can do ok there, but afterwards I have been tapped to take the guy out for a tour of the agogo's...beer will certainly be drunk At least there's no cake and ice cream for this birthday celebration...naked girls and beer will be my cake and ice cream

Monday morning weigh in:

Weight: 202.00 lbs
    BF%: 31.1
    LBM: 139.15 lbs

That's a drop of 0.6%bf, 1.75lbs, and an increase in LBM of 0.01lbs. Not gonna complain about that. Fat is dropping off, LBM is staying put. Strength is still going up too (as expected). Today's lifting consisted of:

Squat: 121/8 135/8 140/8
    Inc Press: 90/10 110/8 110/8
    Bent Row: 90/8 110/8 110/8
    DB Press: 40/8 40/6
    Tri Pressdown: 55/7 55/6
    Leg lifts: 10 10

Still feeling good with carbs under 100g so I'm going to keep going with the 60/15/25 macros. Tonight is a problem since we'll be going out for my b-day dinner and then I'm playing host for the agogo crawl, hopefully I can minimize any damage done by next Monday's weigh in. I have also decided to increase the full body workouts from 2x/wk to 3x/wk. I will be doing 3 different workouts so I can hit the muscles differently each day and will also be adding a small amount of direct bi/tri/trap work during the week. I am also considering increasing my cardio intensity in preparation for adding some fasted HIIT work in the coming weeks.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Good job Carib...

Solid progress and good numbers for this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information