Thread: check my diet

aussie made is offline Associate Member

check my diet

hi guys. would like to no your thoughts on my diet. stats are 24 years old. 183 cm (6 foot) 85kg (187 pounds) around 15% bf
    just going natural for time being. bulking.

7am 100g oats, 200ml egg whites, 2 whole eggs (48g protein) (62g carbs) (18g fat) (631 cal)

10am 100g oats 2 scoops ON gold standard (59g protein) (67g carbs) (11g fat) (625 cal)

1pm 200g chicken breast, 100g rice, 2 cups broc (75g protein) (91g carbs) (10g fat) (715 cal)

3pm. prework out. 200g pork/turkey mince, 100g pasta. (52g protein) (74 g carbs) (10g fat) (594 cal)

gym 4.30pm

6pm post work out. 100g oats, 2 scoops ON gold standard (59g protein) ( 67g carbs) (11g fat) (625 cal)

9pm 200g chicken breast, 2 cups broc (68g protein) (11g carbs) (9g fat) (350 cal)

total calories: 3540cal 374 carbs 359 protein 66g fat

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Definitely would pack on some mass, youre eating pretty high over your TDEE. You a pretty active guy??
    Just go with it and see how it goes, theres no perfect diet in my opinion...I just try something to see first hand if it works/doesn't for myself

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    how does yor body respond to 100 grams of oats , after you eat it how do you feel? any fatigue or drowsiness? might wanna cut back to 40-50 grams per serve

look into changing oats out for oatbran, lower gi and higher protein. lowans is cheap brand or black and gold at iga. The oat bran mixes alot easier and is easier to consume in shakes and puddings etc with out having to cook.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    further more you calories are high, remove the protein powder from your diet all together and just have 1 scoop with your oats post work out. or for breaky.

removing the 3 other serves of powder will bring yoru calories more in check and the whole food diet will promote better gains and over all health.

look into powdered greens and 3grams of fish oil, in oz sog-3 is a great greens product, vital greens taste like ass

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie made View Post
    hi guys. would like to no your thoughts on my diet. stats are 24 years old. 183 cm (6 foot) 85kg (187 pounds) around 15% bf
    just going natural for time being. bulking.

7am 100g oats, 200ml egg whites, 2 whole eggs (48g protein) (62g carbs) (18g fat) (631 cal)

10am 100g oats 2 scoops ON gold standard (59g protein) (67g carbs) (11g fat) (625 cal)

1pm 200g chicken breast, 100g rice, 2 cups broc (75g protein) (91g carbs) (10g fat) (715 cal)

3pm. prework out. 200g pork/turkey mince, 100g pasta. (52g protein) (74 g carbs) (10g fat) (594 cal)

gym 4.30pm

6pm post work out. 100g oats, 2 scoops ON gold standard (59g protein) ( 67g carbs) (11g fat) (625 cal)

9pm 200g chicken breast, 2 cups broc (68g protein) (11g carbs) (9g fat) (350 cal)

total calories: 3540cal 374 carbs 359 protein 66g fat
    i would replace your 9pm chicken breast with steak and/or cottage cheese (they are slow digesting proteins and will provide your body with protein while you sleep)

also you might want to start off with say 3000 kcals and then slowly up it every few weeks if necessary..

Thanks for replys. I react fine with the oats. I grind up in coffee grinder then drink in shakes. Just easier because it hard to eat with my job. I train 4 to 5 days a week. Work fairly physical aswell.

I have seemed to stop putting on size with them calories. I was thinking I need more to start growing again. But u think to lower instead?

I have seemed to stop putting on size with them calories. I was thinking I need more to start growing again. But u think to lower instead?
    how long have you been eating 3500 cals for?

and yea at work i dont get to sit down and have a meal so i make shakes too, these ones:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UWDlV6KLBVs

I have been on that for at least 3-5 months now. Is that to short to see more gains?

Good recipe to. I just have the oats, whites and eggs with water. Add a little coffee for taste. All shakes with water. I still seem to have a little bit of stomach bloat. Probably all the oats.

I have been on that for at least 3-5 months now. Is that to short to see more gains?
    are you still gaining weight??

if it's come to a halt then i would up the cals

Yes my gains have seemed to stop. Not moving off 85kg. Should I up the carbs to say 400, protein 350, fats 80? Say it be around 3800 cal?

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    I see absolutely no point in having protein set that high. Especially when your bulking and getting good carb amount. At 85 kg, natural i waste of money, undue stress in ur organs etc. Massive bodybuilders carrying twice as much muscle mass, being enhanced to the outer limit, set protein ti similar figures. Do you sincerely believe you stand any chance utilizing that aminos, or it's for the purpose of taking the most expensive glucose on earth

So what would your advise be so I can gain more size? Drop protein then add more carbs or?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What is your workout like? How hard do you really train?

Agree with Alex, unless you have at LEAST another 20lbs of LBM there's no need to be near 300g pro.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I train fairly hard. 4 to 5 days a week. 6 to 8 rep range. Db bench press 55kg bells. Squat 130kg leg press 360 380kg, dead lift around 140kg. I guess it's ok for natural.

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Firstly, we need to know how long have you been training? Then we`d know what is the possible muscle gain per month/year. Yet, I think your TDEE is pretty high.
    Those kg numbers mean nothing , I mean nothing. There are so many variables that have impact - tempo, rest between sets, frequency, volume.
    If you can easily bench 120 kg for 8 reps for 3 sets with Tempo 1X1, bet you`d have serious trouble doing 8 reps with 90 kg with 4 1 2 tempo? Tension under time seems to make the difference for me, not the kg.
    That said, I would aim at realistic protein figures like 1-1.25 per pound of bodyweight, then calculate 20% fat from your total cal count, remainder is for carbs.
    Monitor your weight , if you manage to gain 0.5 kg/1 lb on a bi-weekly basis you`re good to go. Nevertheless, this is 3 kg quality muscle mass over 3 month period? Not good enough for you?

I been training on off for 6. Wouldn't count the first few years because I had no idea. Only got decent gains in last 2 years. So u reckon I drop protein down and stay around 3200 3300 cals? I've just seemed to stop putting on anything. So was unsure if diet wasn't good enough. What is your advise on what to do? Not good with the mathematical side to training

Need more advise. From my stats given. What is everyone's opinion on how many cals I need to bulk. From previous comments. Around 3500 is to high. I read the bulking sticky, and from there I did work out I need 3500. 1983 x 1.55=3070. Then add 500. Correct?

Thread Information