Thread: Too much dairy?

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member

Too much dairy?

I wanted advice on the amount of dairy I consume daily. I just recently (three days ago) cut out milk from my diet, so now I consume 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt, 1/2 of a cup of 2% cottage cheese, and 4 eggs (not really dairy, but some people count it as such) every day. I am coming from a diet that consisted of 3 cups of nonfat milk and 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt per day. Anyway, do you guys think this is okay?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think your current daily dairy intake is a reasonable amount, especially considering that eggs are definitely not dairy (who the hell count them as such anyways, seriously?)

Haha, I recall when I was a child when we learned about that damn "food pyramid" that eggs were included in the "dairy" section. Regardless, thanks for the reply. I finally decided to take the plunge in replacing milk with almond milk in my diet, but I wanted to see what people thought on the rest of my dairy intake.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    Haha, I recall when I was a child when we learned about that damn "food pyramid" that eggs were included in the "dairy" section. Regardless, thanks for the reply. I finally decided to take the plunge in replacing milk with almond milk in my diet, but I wanted to see what people thought on the rest of my dairy intake.
    LOL i remember this!

I didn't know they had the food pyramid back then too ? Just kidding, I am glad someone else remembers this.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    I've been going nuts on the regular greek yogurt. I'm switching to cottage cheese. Oikos has good amount of protein, but I really need to cut down on those carbs and sugars.

Thread Information