Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Brazen's Rebuild Log

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Celebrated last night with some home made sangria... cost me 1055 calories and yeah, I felt a little guilty after I drank it! Still, only went over my daily cal. goal by ~400. Shorted myself 45g of protein but still got 1g/pound so not too bad.

Rode 18.3 miles today @ 16.4 mph. Got to hit the back/traps at 10:30. Feels like it will be a very good workout! Never know 'til you get there though... lol.

I did cut abut 125 calories out of my breakfast today. Partially becuase of the sangria but mostly on account of I want to hit 12% bf before we roll out of here to the new home state on the 9th of Sept. I think I can do it...

Since it appears at least a few people do read my log (comments are welcome ya'll!) I will try to keep it a little more updated and perhaps more detailed.

Sangria not withstanding I got off to a good start today weighing in at 176.4 upon waking. As for the rest of the bathroom scale info it is simply too unreliable to even use as a tool for trends. My last bod pod had the scale reading ~1.4% higher than the pod and this time the scale has me at 3.6% lower than the pod. I just can't make any use of that inconsistency. What a shame.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    good stuff mate.........13% BF is good going! Sangria! love me some sangria when im on my holidays! I was really into champagne sangria last year! I say champagne it was just fizzy stuff lol

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    good job bro... keep it up! Im a sucker for some sangria too

Should you be interested in trying this one make as follows:

1/2 bottle dry red wine
    2 cups low calorie cranberry juice
    1 cup orange juice (fresh is best)
    juice from 1/2 orange (if you use bottled OJ instead of fresh) but I suppose it's optional...
    12 oz. of Sprite Zero (I used 15 oz)
    2 cups of crushed ice.

This stuff was so easy to drink! Could have drank the whole pitcher before I knew it if not logging everything I eat or drink...

When I first calculated the calories I thought I was on to something special! I only came up with ~100 for 8 ounces before I realized I forgot to include the wine... The real deal is about 150 calories for 8 ounces.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol
    Should you be interested in trying this one make as follows:

1/2 bottle dry red wine
    2 cups low calorie cranberry juice
    1 cup orange juice (fresh is best)
    juice from 1/2 orange (if you use bottled OJ instead of fresh) but I suppose it's optional...
    12 oz. of Sprite Zero (I used 15 oz)
    2 cups of crushed ice.

This stuff was so easy to drink! Could have drank the whole pitcher before I knew it if not logging everything I eat or drink...

When I first calculated the calories I thought I was on to something special! I only came up with ~100 for 8 ounces before I realized I forgot to include the wine... The real deal is about 150 calories for 8 ounces.
    I will definitely be trying this! Have you added chopped fruit to your sangria? Generally I add 1 apple and 1 orange. Sometimes ill chop some grapes in half and add them allow to sit for a bit!

This was the first time I have ever made it myself. All I added was some slices of the orange that was left over. Too bad alcohol has so many calories. My son wants to be a chemical engineer and I told him if he wants to get wealthier than Bill Gates all he has to do is invent diet alcohol... lol. An added bonus would be that it didn't cause hangovers.

Had a very good back workout today but wonder if I am doing a bit too much.

T-bar rows 5 x 5 normally but did 5 x 8 today 'cuz I could...
    Wide grip lat pulldowns; 4 x 10-12
    One arm rows; 5 sets of ascending weights 10, 10, 10, 8 and 6
    Straight arm pulldowns; 3 x 8-10
    Seated Rows; 3 x 10 - 12
    Pull ups; 3 sets
    Shrugs; 3 x 10-12
    Roman chairs; 3 sets

Felt really good today! More energetic than usual (could have been yesterdays good news at the bod pod). I did have a banana before leaving the house which I have not done before (typically I have 1/2 protein bar immediately before and the other half immediately after lifting) but will certainly try the banana again tomorrow for my shoulders/arms day. Curious to see what happens.

Maybe a tad too much but if you were able and felt you could then it wont do much harm.

To me you have a lot of lat movements. Are those T-bar and seated rows wide grip or narrow grip? What about pull ups and lat pulldowns wide?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey braz did u get a printout of ur results? If so what model did they use? Should be on bottom left of page and say a name like brozek or siri???

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Maybe a tad too much but if you were able and felt you could then it wont do much harm.

To me you have a lot of lat movements. Are those T-bar and seated rows wide grip or narrow grip? What about pull ups and lat pulldowns wide?
    The T-bars are medium grip. The pullups are fairly close grip as are the seated rows. The wide grip are wide grips. I have tendonosis in my right forearm so wide grip anything usually gives me a lot of problems. Just can't isolate the forearm/bicep out of the movement. Wide grip lat pulldowns are about the only thing that doesn't give me much grief.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Hey braz did u get a printout of ur results? If so what model did they use? Should be on bottom left of page and say a name like brozek or siri???
    It's from a company called Life Measurement, Inc. What I found in the middle of the page was a Test Profile that states: Density Model - Siri. It also stated: Thoracic Gas Model Volume - Predicted. Is there a big difference in the two?

Great ride this morning! Did 20.3 miles @ 16.3 mph. Funny thing happened at around the 3rd mile - for about 10-15 minutes I felt like I was on top of the world. If I did drugs I would have blamed it on them but I don't! Felt so good I cranked out 2 miles at over 22 mph. For me that's pretty damn good! I wished I could feel like that all the time (or at least more often). It was like all my pieces/parts were working properly for the first time in a very long time. It was almost surreal. Maybe I should head to Tibet... lol. Too bad it didn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    The T-bars are medium grip. The pullups are fairly close grip as are the seated rows. The wide grip are wide grips. I have tendonosis in my right forearm so wide grip anything usually gives me a lot of problems. Just can't isolate the forearm/bicep out of the movement. Wide grip lat pulldowns are about the only thing that doesn't give me much grief.
    Ah i see bro. Reason I ask was any row kept close to the body focuses on lats and lat movements. As do chins, pullups, pulldowns etc...

Wide grip to chest or neck (face pulls etc...) focus on rhomboids so I would have suggested take two rows out and add 1 exercise for upper back. But since you have a little problem your doing great working around that
    Brazensol likes this.

It's from a company called Life Measurement, Inc. What I found in the middle of the page was a Test Profile that states: Density Model - Siri. It also stated: Thoracic Gas Model Volume - Predicted. Is there a big difference in the two?
    well there isnt a lot i have found without going thru boring and exhausting studies to find results, but it appears they say brozek is more accurate on certain type of older people. when i cut down to 9% last year they used siri. when i just went this time and it came back 16.6% and i said i didnt think that i was that high they used brozek..

until this last trip i didnt even realize there were different settings but there are. there are like 2 more too, one of which is for african people.

the different model could explain the discrepancy. i remember last time when i tested 13.1% i dont recall being any leaner than i am now and to the contrary think i look better now than i did then (probably due to LBM).. anyways just curious. next time (and from here on out) i will request siri as that is what i have always been tested under.

if u find any better info let me know

I'd really like to get a back to back comparison to see what the differences are. What I'd really like even more is consistency. As long as it is consistent it is useful... unlike my bathroom scale. It was off ~1.5% low prior to this bod pod and now it is off 3.5% high so as a tool for checking my bf it is worthless.

I would not be surprised if my true body fat was a bit higher than the last reading of 13.4% but as long as its linear I can still use it as a tool. I do notice that I have veins showing on my calves as well as my abs so I guess it is below 16% but how much I don't really know.

When we get settled into our new home I will go and get another pod done but there is a high probability that it will be the same equipment since it will be on a military installation same as my current bod pod readings are.

^^ consistency is key for tracking bf%

for me i can tell im doing the right thing just by looking in the mirror. it was just news to me there were different settings.. next time i go i may get them to do both to see how they compare. ill let u know, itll prob be in about 4 weeks.. )

Sounds good. Funny thing about the mirror, no matter how good the reflection looks, as soon as the wife takes a picture I suddenly seem weigh about 15 pounds more... all fat. lol.

Got in a great ride this morning! Rode 21.5 miles @ 17.6 mph. I think that is a personal best for me. I did the first 12 miles @ 18.3 and I know that is a personal best. Going to hit abs and calves today. I really need to work the lower abs. The uppers are easy for me to hit but I have trouble hitting the lowers... Any ideas?

do u do hanging leg raises ??

I have not tried them hanging but do them on the parallel bar/dip station. Does hanging hit them at a better angle?

I have not tried them hanging but do them on the parallel bar/dip station. Does hanging hit them at a better angle?
    hanging ab work is the best! u have to do it! my abs have really come in a LOT since i started doing hanging ab work. very seldomdo i even do crunches anymore.

read this thread:
    http://forums.steroid.com/lifting-te...-want-abs.html

this is what i do... this is what you should do! it will change ur abs, give it a few months.

Sounds like a plan! Will do. Will start tomorrow in fact.

Just for fun I thought I'd see what a week of my fasted bike cardio looked like. Here's the total and average for this week (only rode 6 days):

Distance:
    Total: 113.1 Average: 18.85

Speed:
    Total: N/A Average: 15.85 mph

Calories:
    Total: 5820 Average: 970

Curiously when I plug the total miles and average speed into my online calorie calculator for biking my total burned calories is 6,390. Now I got to try and figure out the 570 calorie difference. Never looked at it from a weekly average before. Found it interesting and maybe you will too!

Edit: found the 570 calories! Garbage in = garbage out. Put in the wrong numbers...doh!

Coming up on 1,700 miles on the odometer and time to change out the tires...again. Gonna try and hit 2k before we move but it will be a challenge for sure with all the stuff we have left to do.
    Last edited by Brazensol; 08-17-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Getting ready to head out for my ride. It's 7:00 am and already 85 degrees. Worse is the humidity is 36% (quite high for here) which makes the sun feel even more intense. It's gonna take me a long time to get used to that East Coast humidity when we move... Oh well, time to go! Fat don't burn off on it's own after all!

25.4 miles @ 16.4 mph. Good ride.Calculator says I burned 1303 calories. Kind of felt like it today. Now to fit in a core and calves workout somewhere today...

Slow ride...but no fog (younger guys may not get that)! Kept it at 15.25 @ 15.1 mph since it's LEGS DAY!!!

Going to start adding core training into my routine. I figured Wednesday and either Saturday or Sunday should work. Probably move calves to go along with it. Anyone see any issues with the following schdule:

Monday - legs (no calves)
    Tuesday - chest
    Wednesday - core & calves
    Thursday - back & traps
    Friday - shoulders & arms
    Sat or Sun - core & calves

Cardio every morning but lighter on Monday (leg day) and Tuesday (post leg day). This should keep my time in the weight room to a minimum. Just worried about geting enough rest since I am not as young as I was 20 years ago... lol.

I want to keep cardio at 20-25 miles @ ~16.5-17.5 mph average speed. Except as noted above which I will keep around 12-15 miles @~14-15 mph.

Diet has been looking overall good with maybe the exception of too much wine. I like to have a glass or two just about every night. It's not the alcohol I worry about directly but the fact it becomes the primary fuel source til it's out of the system and fat burning comes to a halt. So far I don't see it slowing my fat loss much but obviously if I cut it back fat loss would be even greater. Sometimes it is hard to cut out all of life's little pleasures though...

I did have two beers last night instead of the wine. Haven't had one since the NBA Championship series (GO SPURS GO!!!) so I won't feel too guilty about drinking them. Couldn't resist when I saw the Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale was out. Damn! They were good!

Biked 21.1 miles today @ 16.2 mph. Breakfast is over and time to go work the chest. I hope they got the A/C fixed. Otherwise it's another humid day (31% lol) but it will be much more humid inside the gym.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Biked 21.1 miles today @ 16.2 mph. Breakfast is over and time to go work the chest. I hope they got the A/C fixed. Otherwise it's another humid day (31% lol) but it will be much more humid inside the gym.
    Damn Braz, way to get it on the bike!
    Brazensol likes this.

Put in 18.5 miles today and then ran over a piece of wire. Got another 2.3 miles of cardio walking the bike back home... lol. One new tire and inner tube and she's ready to ride again in the morning. Gonna take more than that to stop me! Shoulder is somewhat sore but seems to be getting along fine.

Put in 18.5 miles today and then ran over a piece of wire. Got another 2.3 miles of cardio walking the bike back home... lol. One new tire and inner tube and she's ready to ride again in the morning. Gonna take more than that to stop me! Shoulder is somewhat sore but seems to be getting along fine.
    Thats an attitude.. I would have left the bike there and called the other half lol

The other half was at work and I don't generally carry a cell phone. Maybe I should rethink that cell phone thing... But since my plan today was a 25 mile ride I really needed the walk so would have regardless. It's all good!

The other half was at work and I don't generally carry a cell phone. Maybe I should rethink that cell phone thing... But since my plan today was a 25 mile ride I really needed the walk so would have regardless. It's all good!
    Yeah that determination are the little things that really increase mental focus IMO

Made up a little of my lost ground from yesterday's flat tire. Rode 26 miles @ 15.6 mph. Will try a back workout today but very unsure how the shoulder/chest will do. Range of motion is pretty good but when I picked up my bike yesterday to change the tire and inner tube there was quite a bit of pain in the shoulder and extending about halfway across the upper chest.

slowpoke31545 is offline New Member
    How much rest do you get? You have logged a lot of training, but rest is the most over looked put of most workout routines. REST,REST,REST I rest for 3 days before a leg workout, then I make sure to do legs on Friday morning. That way I'm starting to get sore by Friday night and have Sat and Sun to recover. BTW if you are not getting sore from your routine you need more REST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke31545 View Post
    How much rest do you get? You have logged a lot of training, but rest is the most over looked put of most workout routines. REST,REST,REST I rest for 3 days before a leg workout, then I make sure to do legs on Friday morning. That way I'm starting to get sore by Friday night and have Sat and Sun to recover. BTW if you are not getting sore from your routine you need more REST!!!

I sleep at least 8 hours a night. If I feel I need it I take a short afternoon nap. I do legs on Monday since I don't workout on Sat/Sun (at the moment but that will change soon). My legs get plenty sore but not sure what sore has to do with rest...

Some days biking feels so effortless and then there is today. Felt like riding in quicksand or wet cement. Still eked out a decent ride; 21 miles @ 16.7 mph. Calculator says I burned 1081 calories. Sure felt like it today. Shoulders and arms on tap for this morning after breakfast. Hope it goes as well as yesterdays back routine. Left shoulder/pec feeling better but still a bit stiff. Lifted a 10 pound bag of ice last night with no real issue but moving the bike this morning stll caused some discomfort.

Starting to see some veins on my lats and pecs! Well, more like where they are going to be but at least I can see something that was not there 2 weeks ago! Can't wait to get my liquid cialis from a-r-r. Speaking of a-r-r I was surprised not to get a confirmation email or tracking number for the order. I know they got the order because they didn't hesitate to charge my credit card. Should be in today. We'll see.

Good things happening today! First, rode a nice 26.3 miles @ 15.2 mph. Then came home had breakfast and then tried on my new jeans shorts. They are size 31 and they are too big! Got to try some 30's now and I am thinking 29 is doable. It is possible that when I am done cutting I will be able to fit into a 28. Never thought that was going to be possible! Even better is my great progress had motivated my wife too start running again and she ahs asked me to help her with her diet. And... she is listening to me and after only a couple of weeks she is already making progress herself.

If I can find the time today I want to get in to the gym and do some core and calves but we leave two weeks from Monday and have many things left to do before we go.

Felt pretty lethargic all day today. Bike ride went fine but then...crash. Have a lot to do in the garage getting ready for the move and didn't accomplish much today. Will be much cooler tomorrow (especially for the desert SW) and hope to get much more done. Will keep my cardio under 20 miles tomorrow and try for only 15 miles. Started my liquid cialis from a-r-r yesterday. Not sure it agrees with my stomach yet. Also started methyl B-12 so it could also be that. No increase in energy as of yet but still hoping... Also was not mentally sharp today. Maybe just an off day. It happens. Last two nights were not the best for sleeping either.

Shoulder is getting better so I guess no long term damage was done. Not sure how bench press will go on Tuesday. Will go slow and easy.

On the positve side I fit the 30 inch jeans just fine! Not ready for 29's just yet... lol.

Took the heart rate monitor with me this moring because it has been awhile since the last time I have done that. I was very please to see how quickly my heart rate dropped after a strong cycling stint. Also getting a lot harder to get it into the upper ranges. Never broke 150bpm today even when cruising at 18-20 mph. Now it quickly frops into the upper 70's within a two minutes (more like 90 seconds) of stopping. Cardio really does work! I remember when I thought 1/4 mile @ 15 mph was going to kill me. lol. Wasn't that long ago either...

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Heart rate, the only way to do cardio properly IMHO. Your an inspiration Brazensol, keep it up!

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information