lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member

My lean bulk diet (critique on simple carbs)

Below is my lean bulk diet. I have been increasing my carbs intake by 20 grams a week for the passed few months.

I am 6'2 200lb approx. 13%bf

Currently:

Meal 1
    3 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    Sandwich thin roll
    2/3 cup oatmeal

Meal 2
    Turkey breast on whole wheat sub w/ spinach, tomato, banana peppers

Meal 3
    1.5 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    protein shake

Meal 4 pwo
    protein shake
    3 tablespoon honey
    sandwhich thin
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    3 oz turkey breast
    coconut water

Meal 5
    7 oz chicken breast
    veggie

This breaks down to
    Fat 60g
    Carbs 340g
    Protein 300g

I plan on eventually increasing my carbs to 400 and see how my body handles it. Problem is I am stuffed by the end of the day. Question being is it bad to add simple sugars throughout the day ie. orange juice in morning or just some sweets somewhere throughout the day. Also any other critique on my current diet plan feel free to chime in.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You should reduce your protein by 50g and replace it with carbs in any event. You don't need that much protein.

Just vary your carb sources, why so much bread? Use pasta too. Maybe cereal with milk.

Are you gaining weight on it? Similar stats to me but that caloric intake has me about maintenance.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 07-04-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You should reduce your protein by 50g and replace it with carbs in any event. You don't need that much protein.

Just vary your carb sources, why so much bread? Use pasta too. Maybe cereal with milk.

Are you gaining weight on it? Similar stats to me but that caloric intake has me about maintenance.
    The majority of my bread comes from the whole wheat sub. It's 120 carbs in it and I do that cause its w turkey. Clean source of protein and good carbs. The "sandwich thins" are tiny. They're only 20 carbs each.

I've put on about 5-6lbs in the past 3 months. When I started I was only eating 100carbs on my cutting and felt like my metabolism was slowed to a snails pace cause I was doin it for so long. So every week I've been increasing intake by 20g.

My plan is to get to 400+g carbs and stick to that until my abs aren't visible anymore and then cut again.

How many carbs do u usually intake during a clean bulk/bulk?

Thanks for input. I forgot about cereal. Haven't had that in atleast 1.5 years. Walkin down that aisle ill feel like a kid in a candy store. Lol

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    The slow reintroduction of carbs was a great idea don't forget that carbs are protein sparing so you can reduce your protein and allow the difference to be made up in carbs.

I am aiming for a small maintenance run at the moment. As of today, at 193lbs approx 10%, I am consuming 425g carbs, 250g protein and 50-60g fat. When I start lean bulking again the majority of my calorie increase will be from carbs. The protein and fat increases will simply come from whatever the increased carb source provides. As long as I keep carbs and fats at the opposite ends of the scale, in terms of amounts, then my fat gain can be fairly minimal as long as my overall calories aren't too high.

I know the sandwich thins you are on about. TBH I probably eat bread 10-12 times a week. I make my own for the most part, so I know what goes in it. Cereal is great to eat on a bulk, easy calories. I normally alternate bran flakes one day with something a little more 'sugary' (golden grahams this weeks favourite) the next.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 07-04-2013 at 03:49 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll drop my protein shake I have after lunch. That'll drop the protein to about 250

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    If ur struggling to get ur carbs in I will eat them for u lol

Like bib said.... Cereal is a godsend for banging in carbs....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    If ur struggling to get ur carbs in I will eat them for u lol

Like bib said.... Cereal is a godsend for banging in carbs....
    Hahah after cutting for so long I learned to appreciate carbs. So, sorry bro u gets none. Lol

I think I'll add cereal in my pwo meal and eat brown rice on last meal. I try not to eat carbs to late but I really don't care now. I'm bulkin so I don't need to be so strict as to limit carbs at a certain time.

Thread Information