Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hellomycognomen
  • 1 Post By AngryNR3C4

Thread: what counts as WATER intake

ickythump is offline Member

what counts as WATER intake

Always thought it was to be only water that counts...and obv those additives like Mio or whatever...but I've read that coffee and juice count?? That must only be for less active people? I don't drink juice but I drink coffee, it doesn't cause me to urinate any more than water does, sooooo....any thoughts?? Just curious on calculating my water intake and also just curious in general

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Everything that contains water counts: fruit, veggies, water, coffee, juices, soda, etc.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    ditto. your kidneys do not know the difference between the water from a dasani bottle, and the water in a mountain dew. if you want to stay hydrated, though, i recommend water.

ickythump is offline Member
    Ok cool...funny, before I knew much about nutrition I argued that coffee shouldn't change the structure of water and that you'd receive it as WATER, but was told I was wrong...I never really cared after because I mostly drink water anyhow, almost never juice...ok thanks guys

Blog Entries
    There is really no set rule as to how much water the body needs to have daily.

All the hype about so many glasses per day is old misinformation.

Everything you eat and drink will for the most part contain some water, however the water in food can be hard to quantify directly.

Just watch the color of your urine as a gauge would be the best way, if too yellow, drink more.
    ickythump likes this.

AngryNR3C4 is offline Junior Member
    Eric Helms says

Any athlete choosing to partake in a high protein diet should pay special attention to adequate hydration, but truly if you are trying to be a high performance athlete or bodybuilder your water intake should already be covered! Make sure you are consuming at least half your bodyweight (in pounds) in fluid ounces of water, that you consume a good chunk of it in and around training, and that you have multiple clear urinations every day.
    3DMUSCLEJOURNEY - Science Blog - June 2011
    ickythump likes this.

Thread Information