Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    brazilian10 is offline Associate Member

Should I bulk or cut?

Stats: 22yo 5'11 160 lbs, don't know my bf% so I'm posting a pic below. Little about me, I've been working out on and off since I was 18. Unfortunately a year and a half ago I was involved in a car accident which broke my jaw, wrist and ankle..so I couldn't hit the gym (or eat properly) for a little over a year and caused me to lose all the muscle I had (went from 170 lbs to 145 lbs) and got skinny fat **I was in the best/ideal shape of my life prior to the accident, had good amount of muscle yet was defined...

I don't remember how many calories I ate or what I did, hit my head so hard in the accident causing me to forget lots of things :**. Four months ago after gaining some weight mostly fat this time, I decided enough is enough so started at 155 lbs..going back to the gym, lift heavy and bulk. After three months into the bulk I noticed I was adding some muscle but also getting FAT went up to 170 lbs(although nothing like the 170 lbs I was before, the pounds this time were mostly coming from fat), therefore started cutting for one month at 1500 cals and now I'm down to 160 lbs. However, these past three weeks I have not been able to lose anymore weight!!! I feel like my metabolism has gotten a lot slower too...

In conclusion, My goal is to shred as much body fat as possible, then CLEAN BULK because I want to minimize fat as much as possible. Is that a good idea? I'm so overwhelmed, don't know where to start!? I used to know so much before, knew my body to the t, knew the exact amount of calories I would have to eat to reach my goals but now I'm so lost and confused, feel stuck. Help me please 0:-)

Here's the pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moi.jpg 
Views:	847 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	150148
    Last edited by brazilian10; 04-27-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Thread Information