Results 1 to 26 of 26
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 2 Post By kelkel

Thread: super shake

  1. #1
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296

    super shake

    So i watched this video about mark bell and how he got lean and one thing he mentioned was this crazy shake he drinks. I tried it and im going to stick with it.
    Its basically a bunch of scoops of whey and a bunch of table spoons of oil for fat.its about 200 grm of protein and the same of fat. I bring it to work and you just kinda sip on it through the night, day (i work Nights ) i never felt hungry and saved me money from buying stuff to snack on.
    I ate a real food lunch though, this was just my in between thing, worked good.

  2. #2
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    200 mgs protein?! that sounds terrible!

  3. #3
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,464
    200 g of protein and 200 g of fat is way outside my macros for the entire day!!!!
    bass likes this.

  4. #4
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296
    The taste isnt an issue, it actually taste good. sometimes at work i would eat shitty, so its a good way to stay away from crap as well.

  5. #5
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    200 g of protein and 200 g of fat is way outside my macros for the entire day!!!!
    Yes, youre a girl lol. Its a big boy shake. Mark Bell is around 250. Im 210, i tone mine down to the 150/150 range for that fact.

  6. #6
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    11,270
    Blog Entries
    2
    Scratching my head hur


    That's awful bro - like really not good for you, your guts will not appreciate this


    As far as having to eat shit at work - well, that I side with. But, meal prep of figure something else out

  7. #7
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296
    You're not slamming this thing.. Its like an 8 hour job. Maybe a sip every couple hours.
    I like prepping meals but in 10 minutes its hard to go get food and shove it down your neck. Gotta make due. I eat a lot at home, but work is hard. I eat real food at lunch.
    What's the big problem? What's the science behind it? Will drinking something like this over eight hours be bad? I don't think so

  8. #8
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    I do something similar, but it is more balanced.

    3 scoops whey isolate
    1 1/4 cups quick oats
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1 scoop greens powder
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
    Add water to achieve desired viscosity.
    Blend well before adding the whey, then blend a bit more. Otherwise the whey thickens like crazy.

  9. #9
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    11,270
    Blog Entries
    2
    So all in all you're taking out a lot of solid food & replacing it with whey

    To each is own - the convince part I def understand

    Nutrition wise - I guess id go for more over all balance. I don't see the necessity for that much fat - healthy or not

  10. #10
    Cody95's Avatar
    Cody95 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich4 View Post
    So i watched this video about mark bell and how he got lean and one thing he mentioned was this crazy shake he drinks. I tried it and im going to stick with it.
    Its basically a bunch of scoops of whey and a bunch of table spoons of oil for fat.its about 200 grm of protein and the same of fat. I bring it to work and you just kinda sip on it through the night, day (i work Nights ) i never felt hungry and saved me money from buying stuff to snack on.
    I ate a real food lunch though, this was just my in between thing, worked good.
    200 grams of fat!? Wtf. Why not a carb powder instead.

  11. #11
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296
    I eat a lot of food. But in my work its not possible to have that many meals, so if i use the bathroom or something thats next to break room i can duck in and have a sip.
    Plus i stay away from that many carbs, because of diabetes.
    I have about 5 real meals, this is just while im at work.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    607
    150g of fat, mother of god, that's 1350 cals just from a shake. Curious, when you poop, does it just slip out?

    What are your total macros?

  13. #13
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296
    I dont count calories. I am to busy for that shit. I have 5 kids and work full time. I lift weights at 6 am after i get off work at 5:30. Then im driving kids to school taking care of a baby and picking up kids.... im not a kid.
    I dont drink or do drugs... and remember this shake is drank over an 8 hour period, longer.
    Whats wrongnwith 1350 cal? Im not a 120 woman, i should be intaking 4-5K cal just to maintain.

  14. #14
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    Here's a much better shake:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgmYutL9W0
    RaginCajun and DrewZ like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  15. #15
    Cody95's Avatar
    Cody95 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich4 View Post
    I dont count calories. I am to busy for that shit. I have 5 kids and work full time. I lift weights at 6 am after i get off work at 5:30. Then im driving kids to school taking care of a baby and picking up kids.... im not a kid.
    I dont drink or do drugs... and remember this shake is drank over an 8 hour period, longer.
    Whats wrongnwith 1350 cal? Im not a 120 woman, i should be intaking 4-5K cal just to maintain.
    It's just alot of fat.. You should buy a carb powder and put a few scoops in instead of so much fat.

  16. #16
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    not just fat, but 200 gms of protein in one sitting his kidneys will be screaming trying to filter all that!

  17. #17
    Cody95's Avatar
    Cody95 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    not just fat, but 200 gms of protein in one sitting his kidneys will be screaming trying to filter all that!
    Well he said he drinks it over 8 hours.

  18. #18
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    ahhh, I missed that! still 200 fat is insane!

  19. #19
    Khazima's Avatar
    Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,058
    Crazy how mark drinks the shake in one sitting while he's on a cut lol, dudes a beast.

  20. #20
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296
    Yes, over 8+ hours and the 200/200 thing is what Mark Bell said he does. I said up top i tone mine down to the 150/150 range.. and its actually 150/100 when i looK at lable and calculated. Its tasty and i get some protein and fat inbetween meals. I float around 200-210 and hes 250 so im sure thats wgwhy he makes his so big, i wouldnt do the same because im much smaller.

  21. #21
    Cody95's Avatar
    Cody95 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich4 View Post
    Yes, over 8+ hours and the 200/200 thing is what Mark Bell said he does. I said up top i tone mine down to the 150/150 range.. and its actually 150/100 when i looK at lable and calculated. Its tasty and i get some protein and fat inbetween meals. I float around 200-210 and hes 250 so im sure thats wgwhy he makes his so big, i wouldnt do the same because im much smaller.
    I would do like 200/100 honestly.

  22. #22
    Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,220
    200g of protein would take a hell of a long time to digest even if it was taken all at once. Not that there's anything wrong with your shake but I'm sure you could make some with better taste than just oil and whey. Try using some PB, oats, fruit, granola, ice cream, whole milk, etc.

  23. #23
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    200g of protein would take a hell of a long time to digest even if it was taken all at once. Not that there's anything wrong with your shake but I'm sure you could make some with better taste than just oil and whey. Try using some PB, oats, fruit, granola, ice cream, whole milk, etc.
    I do the oats, pb, banana thing when i drink it right away. But in a fridge for 8 hours that would settle and be weird. The whey and oil thing doesnt taste bad at all. Taste is not an issue what so ever. I think the taste of the 150/100 ratio is good.

  24. #24
    bigrich4's Avatar
    bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    296
    Oh yeah sorry, and i mentioned above i cant eat all those carbs. So fruit and granola or whatever is way to much. I have diabetes, so the fat is a good way to get in calories. My carbs are upon wake up and post workout mostly, unless im being an idiot.

  25. #25
    Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich4 View Post
    I do the oats, pb, banana thing when i drink it right away. But in a fridge for 8 hours that would settle and be weird. The whey and oil thing doesnt taste bad at all. Taste is not an issue what so ever. I think the taste of the 150/100 ratio is good.
    I've let mine sit in the fridge for several hours and it tastes fine after.

  26. #26
    tobias 34 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich4
    So i watched this video about mark bell and how he got lean and one thing he mentioned was this crazy shake he drinks. I tried it and im going to stick with it. Its basically a bunch of scoops of whey and a bunch of table spoons of oil for fat.its about 200 grm of protein and the same of fat. I bring it to work and you just kinda sip on it through the night, day (i work Nights ) i never felt hungry and saved me money from buying stuff to snack on. I ate a real food lunch though, this was just my in between thing, worked good.
    Try throwing some fruit in there. I do something similar to this for the simple fact I don't have time to eat 7 meals a day

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •