Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By bethdoth

Thread: At what bf do abs show without tensing ?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!

At what bf do abs show without tensing ?

So at what bodyfat percent do abs show without tensing up. ??

ibrahem is offline Junior Member
    from 15% to or lower
    good luck

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    depending how developed your abs are, but usually you have to be less than 12% for them to show even when contract them. So im gonna guess less than 10% if they're relaxed, but thats just my guess, i might be wrong.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It all depends on the size of your Abs. I have built mine to where the top 4 are still visible at 17%. Here is a link to the routine that I used to build Abs http://forums.steroid.com/workout-tr...-want-abs.html it took me 6 months to get pretty good abs.

jgd
    jgd is offline Junior Member
    nice stuff, thanks!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    It varies. I've seen people who's abs show at 12% and some that don't show till they're sub 10%. Some guys are programed to hold more fat in other areas than others.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Synhax View Post
    depending how developed your abs are, but usually you have to be less than 12% for them to show even when contract them. So im gonna guess less than 10% if they're relaxed, but thats just my guess, i might be wrong.
    Agreed.

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    It does of course depend on your body. None of us are the same but on average I know 15 & under is a good estimate. That's going off my own body as well as a number of gym buddies.

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Exactly. Mine and most people I know will show at 15%..... When your talking 10% and under, that's extreamely extreamely shredded. You DO NOT have to be that low. I don't believe anybody needs to be that low.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    It all depends on the size of your Abs. I have built mine to where the top 4 are still visible at 17%. Here is a link to the routine that I used to build Abs http://forums.steroid.com/workout-tr...-want-abs.html it took me 6 months to get pretty good abs.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes201 View Post
    Exactly. Mine and most people I know will show at 15%..... When your talking 10% and under, that's extreamely extreamely shredded. You DO NOT have to be that low. I don't believe anybody needs to be that low.
    Most won't have decent visible abs (even flexed) over 12% or so.

I am about 13-14 percent here. Even though my Abs are not chiseled they are clearly visible.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Rhoag whats your wt in that pic?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    I am about 13-14 percent here. Even though my Abs are not chiseled they are clearly visible.
    Were u doing dans....so you want abs thread exercises I this pic???

I was out of town and just got back sorry I didn't answer sooner. I do the whole routine at the gym. I hook my perfect pullers to the crossbar on the cable cross over machine. I was about 197 in that pic. My abs are currently back to about where I was in this pic. I have dropped BF and am back down to about 14-15% current weight 201. I have probably put on a few pounds of muscle over the winter with my main focus on shoulders specifically capping them and rear delts.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    I was out of town and just got back sorry I didn't answer sooner. I do the whole routine at the gym. I hook my perfect pullers to the crossbar on the cable cross over machine. I was about 197 in that pic. My abs are currently back to about where I was in this pic. I have dropped BF and am back down to about 14-15% current weight 201. I have probably put on a few pounds of muscle over the winter with my main focus on shoulders specifically capping them and rear delts.
    You look much bigger than 201 in that pic Rhoag... If also say that your abs will be visible at 15ish but it all depends on how you want them to pop! I've always used the body weight method - as adding weight can improve the "bricks" but will also increase the size of your waist... Your doing great and it's very nice to see someone like yourself still going strong buddy

Thanks for the compliment Mach3. I have no problem at 53 taking my shirt off and hanging out with the young guys. I will post a pic I took Monday, later if I have time (on my home PC). My shoulders are way bigger now and my back a bit wider. I am still working on the bodyfat. I would like to be down another 2-3% by June 1st.... very hard to do with my lifestyle.
    Last edited by bethdoth; 05-14-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    NACH3 likes this.

Not the greatest pic. I feel I feel I look better than what the pics show... must be my rose colored contacts!!!

Thread Information