Althenery is offline Associate Member

Dirty bulk vs clean bulk

Lets say you do a clean/dirty bulk with both been 500 + calories sp while on test/deca
    Macros: 45%carbs 35%protein 20%fats
    Does it make a overall difference in the gains, fat and the water retention (getting bloated)? And also foods to avoid to prevent from getting bloated.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Water retention yes potentially but fat and muscle no. The macronutrient composition and total caloric intake will determine that.

Also, to clarify, dirty bulk = <500 caloric surplus. Clean bulk = >500 caloric surplus. What you eat doesn't determine the style of the bulk, although generally when you eat like crap and pay no attention to the amount of calories you're taking in, it's going to be a 'dirty' bulk (over a 500 calorie surplus).

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Here's the difference I notice is that when I eat clean calories I get more food. My body spends more time digesting food and burns more calories to do the job. I stay leaner on clean calories then dirty calories. That's just how my body reacts and no science behind that at all. Just what I have learned from personal experience about my body.

Ok so clean bulk will be, thanks for the info.
    What should i avoid for less water retention aside from sodium?

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Althenery View Post
    Eat more greens it helps keep the water off

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In my time of dieting I would say eating clean makes me look and feel better then if I eat dirty. Yes even if u stay in the same cal range. But like bio-active said, there is NO SCIENCE to prove this. Just how I feel

Quote Originally Posted by Althenery View Post
    Drink plenty of water and manipulate your carb intake (carb cycling etc).

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    In my time of dieting I would say eating clean makes me look and feel better then if I eat dirty. Yes even if u stay in the same cal range. But like bio-active said, there is NO SCIENCE to prove this. Just how I feel
    Bloating and micronutrient intake is what would make the major differences there, when your diet is well rounded with sufficient micronutrients you'll function and feel better, as well as eating "dirty" will usually come with an unnecessarily high sodium intake, meaning more bloat/water retention. As well as it being a lot easier to go over on calories and get fat quicker.

Ok so i will be doing the fallowing staring monday when i start my cycle: Fasted cardio eod 30-40 min Carb cycling low mid high The low carb day ill be eating more protein and fats to hit my cal intake to witch will be 500+ sp. Ill be eating green vegies every meal. Is this convenient? The place were i work at has a free buffet for employees so I get to eat before work, on 1st break, lunch and after work ? Hahahaha and they have everything from steak,salmon,chicken sweet patato oats vegies ,brown rice so it makes my diet very easy isn't that nice? One last question Will the sauna help retain less water while on deca and test? 600 mg deca a week and 250 test a week

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Eating vegetables is easy(convenient) as long as u don't mind the taste. I LOVE broccoli so that's kinda my go to.

Eating before, middle, and end of work sounds great. That's pretty much every 4 hr.

I have no clue about the sauna and AAS but I can tell u that 15 min in a sauna is perfectly fine. Just drink lots of water

Thread Information