• 1 Post By TRA
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By TRA
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Body Recomp

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member

Body Recomp

For those who have successfully accomplished a body recomp cycle, what do you feel is the best diet plan for doing so?

I am thinking it is most likely carb cycling, but curious also as to whether keto can be effective as it is what most suits me on a number of levels.
    marcus300 likes this.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Both can achieve goals. IMO keto is much harder, and has a huge learning curve/adjustment period. I wouldn’t recommend anyone who wasn’t experience with dieting to start with keto.

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by Clove1234 View Post
    Both can achieve goals. IMO keto is much harder, and has a huge learning curve/adjustment period. I wouldn’t recommend anyone who wasn’t experience with dieting to start with keto.
    I’ve run keto for years and years but problem is I can’t get it dialed into do much other than maintain weight when lifting. As soon as I try to cut or recomp on it I seem to start losing a little muscle unless gear on board and then retain minimally.
    marcus300 likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    do you plan on doing a body recomp using AAS , or you doing natty ?

reason I ask is because the body partitions nutrients differently on cycle then off cycle
    marcus300 likes this.

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    do you plan on doing a body recomp using AAS , or you doing natty ?

reason I ask is because the body partitions nutrients differently on cycle then off cycle
    W/test, var, peptides (GHRP/CJC) - based on a past experience this isn’t super effective with keto - what are your thoughts?
    marcus300 likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    W/test, var, peptides (GHRP/CJC) - based on a past experience this isn’t super effective with keto - what are your thoughts?
    For me, Keto would be the only way I would want to recomp. I’ve done a recomp in the past on and off of Keto on separate occasions. I can say on Keto I dropped a lot more BF. Having said that, Keto wasn’t great for me when trying to bulk.
    marcus300 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I've tried both and my body favours carb cycling better, for me it maintains more tissues and size when I've been doing any kind of goal to be honest. My body is a carb monster and runs far better with regards to muscle tissue building and maintaining when I manipulate carbs while carb cycling.

I've ran a few keto's types and changed things around a few times to see if I could get any edge but they not for me.

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I've tried both and my body favours carb cycling better, for me it maintains more tissues and size when I've been doing any kind of goal to be honest. My body is a carb monster and runs far better with regards to muscle tissue building and maintaining when I manipulate carbs while carb cycling.

I've ran a few keto's types and changed things around a few times to see if I could get any edge but they not for me.
    Thanks Marcus. That’s pretty much the way it has been for me regarding results, but I can do keto so easily and I never have GI issues on it, heartburn goes away, no gas, convenient...but I barely hang on to muscle if I do and definitely don’t gain. When I carb I crave a lot though and it’s a constant battle. I think I need to get my mental body fierce again. Took a hit with a bunch of personal stuff and admittedly have been without that warrior spirit for a while.
    marcus300 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Thanks Marcus. That’s pretty much the way it has been for me regarding results, but I can do keto so easily and I never have GI issues on it, heartburn goes away, no gas, convenient...but I barely hang on to muscle if I do and definitely don’t gain. When I carb I crave a lot though and it’s a constant battle. I think I need to get my mental body fierce again. Took a hit with a bunch of personal stuff and admittedly have been without that warrior spirit for a while.
    It works great for some people I have a friend who competes and he swears by keto but for my body type they just not suited. The main goal even when dieting is maintaining muscle tissue in my eyes and at my size and the way my body works carb cycling is the best way but that's not saying you can't with Keto, I've seen some good results its just not suited for me and believe me I've tried. The warrior is within you it just needs a nap now and again and things can get in the way, the mind set is still within you it never leaves

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    test and var is a good combo. if its a fairly long recomp then I'd prefer Primo be in there as well (if you don't have access to good Primo then Masteron ).
    I definitely like carb cycling over Keto for a recomp (keto is great for an all out cut). on a recomp we are still trying to build muscle (using stored body fat as stored calories) and carbs are going to help indirectly build muscle , especially while using AAS that help partition carbs as muscle glycogen, bringing water, nutrients, amino acids, into the cell. with Keto you don't quite get this same anabolic effect.
    Clove1234 likes this.

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    test and var is a good combo. if its a fairly long recomp then I'd prefer Primo be in there as well (if you don't have access to good Primo then Masteron ).
    I definitely like carb cycling over Keto for a recomp (keto is great for an all out cut). on a recomp we are still trying to build muscle (using stored body fat as stored calories) and carbs are going to help indirectly build muscle , especially while using AAS that help partition carbs as muscle glycogen, bringing water, nutrients, amino acids, into the cell. with Keto you don't quite get this same anabolic effect.
    I’ve got some mast but I’m probably 18%bf right now so thought the mast would be a waste. Probably not ideal for the var either but I wanted to give a run and see how it does with my liver and otherwise at 50/d.
    Pretty much figured carb cycling needed. Need to find a good formula to calculate macros on each day and try to make it doable with busy schedule. That’s the thing about keto is I can pressure cook my protein, dump my fat onto it in with both measured out and bam, I’m good to weight out food for 3-4 days. Maybe an hour or two prep time for the whole 3-4 days. Carb cycling more labor intensive so need a down and dirty and to get familiar with ratios on workout/non workout days. Meh.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I’ve got some mast but I’m probably 18%bf right now so thought the mast would be a waste. Probably not ideal for the var either but I wanted to give a run and see how it does with my liver and otherwise at 50/d.
    Pretty much figured carb cycling needed. Need to find a good formula to calculate macros on each day and try to make it doable with busy schedule. That’s the thing about keto is I can pressure cook my protein, dump my fat onto it in with both measured out and bam, I’m good to weight out food for 3-4 days. Maybe an hour or two prep time for the whole 3-4 days. Carb cycling more labor intensive so need a down and dirty and to get familiar with ratios on workout/non workout days. Meh.
    If you are doing Intermittant Fasting with it, if found it easier to eat in my window verses trying to fit in preprogrammed meal times. I get all my needed macros in 2-3 meals and some snacks. Or one big meal and snacks.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    More luck with body recomp personally with carb cycling and IF together. Fat loss with no strength/mass gains goes to keto hands down

Thread Information