Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: cooking with Gearheaded

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    fast easy Italian (yes I know thats how some of you like your women as well , but I'm talking meals)

1 box of bow tie noodles
    1 extra large can spaghetti sauce (I like garlic and herb)
    1 can stewed tomatoes
    2 cans of chicken (yes you can get high quality canned chicken at places like Costco)
    1/4 cup celery
    1/4 cup onions
    1/4 cup bell peppers
    diced spinach
    1/2 cup salsa
    mozzarell cheese
    olive oil

start by boiling your bow tie noodles. I like to add a bit of salt and some oil (to keep noodles from sticking) into the pot.
    then start a frying pan on high heat with olive oil . add your celery and onions. let those cook for a bit . once they soften then go ahead and add your spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, chicken, spinach, bell pepper . add salt, garlic, black pepper, red pepper, seasoning etc.. let come to a very light boil and cook for 5 mins. then add your salsa and your cheese and turn off the heat. stir and add a lid onto the pan and let simmer for 5 mins.

prepare your noodles. then add the sauce from the pot and your ready to go . serve with a side salad and garlic bread

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    fast easy Italian (yes I know thats how some of you like your women as well , but I'm talking meals)

1 box of bow tie noodles
    1 extra large can spaghetti sauce (I like garlic and herb)
    1 can stewed tomatoes
    2 cans of chicken (yes you can get high quality canned chicken at places like Costco)
    1/4 cup celery
    1/4 cup onions
    1/4 cup bell peppers
    diced spinach
    1/2 cup salsa
    mozzarell cheese
    olive oil

start by boiling your bow tie noodles. I like to add a bit of salt and some oil (to keep noodles from sticking) into the pot.
    then start a frying pan on high heat with olive oil . add your celery and onions. let those cook for a bit . once they soften then go ahead and add your spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, chicken, spinach, bell pepper . add salt, garlic, black pepper, red pepper, seasoning etc.. let come to a very light boil and cook for 5 mins. then add your salsa and your cheese and turn off the heat. stir and add a lid onto the pan and let simmer for 5 mins.

prepare your noodles. then add the sauce from the pot and your ready to go . serve with a side salad and garlic bread
    He’s talking to you Chrisp!! Lol
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Littlearnie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    PB??? Oh please can I have some??? Just a little?? My fats are low! I may die without it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would but I only have 2kg tubs left, I dont know how I would survive if I lost even a little...
    charger69 and Family_guy like this.

99JT is offline Member
    Got anything quick and simple? I spend cook for others all day so when it comes to myself I usually try to keep it simple drink my egg whites, boil my chicken... You get the point.

ok so this meal isn't some fancy recipe by any means . but its a super easy meal to prepare and super easy to get down a lot of calories .
    75g protein
    125g carbs
    15g fats

cook up 7oz of lean ground beef .. then cook 1 cup of rice , and heat up one can of black beans. throw it all into a bowl stir it up and add a little cheese and salsa. that easy and you have a quick easy to eat and digest nearly 1000 cal meal.

note- quick and easy way to make white rice. use minute rice. pour into a large deep bowl. add chicken stock and then some water filling up just past the line where the dry rice is. add salt and garlic powder. take a wet paper towel and cover the top of the bowl. put in microwave for 6 mins. then let sit for about 1.5 minutes after. steamed rice is ready to go

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    I got one. I mix my protein powder with egg whites instead of milk or water. You can blend oats in for carbs. Tastes like snot, but it does the job
    Family_guy and GearHeaded like this.

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    I got one. I mix my protein powder with egg whites instead of milk or water. You can blend oats in for carbs. Tastes like snot, but it does the job
    this works . a similar option ,, if your on the go , simply take 2 scoops of whey isolate and one half cup of quaker quick oats and put it in a shaker bottle (dry don't add water) . then put that in your car or wherever, and when you need a quick meal, just add water (that way you don't have to worry about storing anything cold). you can also add dried peanut butter powder for fats.
    Family_guy and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    this works . a similar option ,, if your on the go , simply take 2 scoops of whey isolate and one half cup of quaker quick oats and put it in a shaker bottle (dry don't add water) . then put that in your car or wherever, and when you need a quick meal, just add water (that way you don't have to worry about storing anything cold). you can also add dried peanut butter powder for fats.
    I can have Pb- I’m all for it! LOL

. Tastes like snot, but it does the job
    Boy, you have my salivary glands going. LOL

You can throw peanut butter in for flavor if daddy lets you

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just saw this , while searching my thread.

Think I might bow out to the new chef.

Love the recipes man. Thanks for the thread

GearHeaded likes this.

You can throw peanut butter in for flavor if daddy lets you
    LMAO

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

I got something slimy that tastes like snot for you.

You do slobber a lot... Its almost too much.
    Family_guy likes this.

I have one. Cut up potatoes likefrench fries. Place in a sealable plastic bag and add soy sauce and milk. Let it sit for 4 hours rotating .
    Place in the oven at 375 for about an hour. He time depends on the thickness. Add salt as required.
    Baked “fresh fries”.

HoldMyBeer and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

I have one. Cut up potatoes likefrench fries. Place in a sealable plastic bag and add soy sauce and milk. Let it sit for 4 hours rotating .
    Place in the oven at 375 for about an hour. He time depends on the thickness. Add salt as required.
    Baked “fresh fries”.

That sounds so nasty....milk and soy sauce and fries!!! Barf

anabolictheviking is offline New Member
    My bro, Gearheaded. answer me a question .. Do you usually add oil or butter when grilling chicken breast? I use butter, avoid using olive oil or any kind of oil that can make me stretch my daily fat goal ...

Quote Originally Posted by anabolictheviking View Post
    My bro, Gearheaded. answer me a question .. Do you usually add oil or butter when grilling chicken breast? I use butter, avoid using olive oil or any kind of oil that can make me stretch my daily fat goal ...
    I'm naturally an ectomorph with a fast metabolism and a hard gainer (even though perhaps 5'9" and 210 pounds may not sound like it.. I know where I started and that was 147 pounds) . so not only will I use butter or oils to add calories, I'll likely grill chicken thighs instead of chicken breast just because they contain more fat and calories (actually if I have a choice I'd rather go with a big fatty ribeye steak)..

now if I'm in a mini cut or recomping phase, then I'll cut out butter and oils most the time and go on a low fat diet. but overall I'm generally trying to mass and keep adding size. the more calorie dense I make my meals the better. my metabolism will just burn though lean chicken breast with no fat pretty easily. when I add fats the food just seems to absorb and stick to me way better

I'm naturally an ectomorph with a fast metabolism and a hard gainer (even though perhaps 5'9" and 210 pounds may not sound like it.. I know where I started and that was 147 pounds) . so not only will I use butter or oils to add calories, I'll likely grill chicken thighs instead of chicken breast just because they contain more fat and calories (actually if I have a choice I'd rather go with a big fatty ribeye steak)..

now if I'm in a mini cut or recomping phase, then I'll cut out butter and oils most the time and go on a low fat diet. but overall I'm generally trying to mass and keep adding size. the more calorie dense I make my meals the better. my metabolism will just burn though lean chicken breast with no fat pretty easily. when I add fats the food just seems to absorb and stick to me way better
    Why add oils or butter? I grill without either.

I am looking for a little more variety. What can I make with ground turkey breast? I know that there was one pre viously posted with rice. Anymore?

if I'm grilling chicken , I marinade well before . the marinade is going to contain I have stick of melted butter, a small amount of grape seed or olive oil, all my different spices and seasonings, and some bbq or franks red hot sauce .. the marinade makes the food taste way better, chicken does not get dry, and it adds a lot more calories (which is what I'm generally after .. for me the more the better).

I don't have a big appetite, so I need my meals to be as flavorful and calorie dense as possible

I am looking for a little more variety. What can I make with ground turkey breast? I know that there was one pre viously posted with rice. Anymore?
    Mexican food for sure .. tacos, tostadas, burritos, soft tacos, wraps, mexi bowls , etc.. you name it.

simple way to do it .. get packaged taco seasoning to season the ground turkey with (can add onions and bell peppers etc. too).
    can use black beans as a carb source..
    can make Mexican rice as well . heck you can even do that with instant rice.. just heat the instant rice up.. then once cooked add a cup of salsa to it with a little bit of hot sauce (or other Mexican spices) and stir it all up and let it sit and steam for a few minutes.

ground turkey for breakfast.. make a plate with a bed of rice on it , take your pre cooked ground turkey and add that on top of the rice , then cook up 4 fried whole eggs and put that on top of both of those. I like the fried eggs runny so the yolk mixes in with everything (I usually add fresh baby spinach as well) . you can do the same thing basically with scrambled egg whites.

want more American type food -- take your ground turkey and put it in a crock pot , add in either beef or chicken stock, add in barley for your carbs, then add some chopped cabbage, celery, carrots, and even perhaps a can of corn . let cook slowly for a few hours. add black pepper, salt, garlic.
    easy way to food prep.. you could have a bunch of meals out of one crock pot meal that are filled with all the macro and micro nutrients you need.
    charger69 and Family_guy like this.

more ground turkey ideas ..

loaded baked potatoes. just cook up some ground turkey with onions and salt. microwave a couple of large potatoes. then take the cooked ground turkey and put it on/in the baked potatoes and add cheese, sour cream , chives, bacon bits .. and your meal with protein, fats and carbs is done.

ground turkey Italian. super fast and easy.. just buy a can of hunts garlic and herb Italian sauce. heat it up and add your ground turkey to it. then take a cup or two of bow tie pasta and boil it. once all heated up stir it all together and your ready to go.

Mac and cheese ground turkey . take a box of kraft Mac and cheese and cook it up. then add your 6oz of ground turkey once done and stir it all up .
    you suddenly have an easy meal that is 75g of protein and 150g of carbs. thats massive amount of macros in such an easy to eat and prepare meal

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Just saw this , while searching my thread.

Think I might bow out to the new chef.

Love the recipes man. Thanks for the thread

Oh no, we're not letting you off the hook that easily. We've got plenty of bellies that will require recipes from the both of you.
    i_SLAM_cougars and Sfla80 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I love ground turkey.... Super simple weekly recipe:

Buy a bottle of Weber's Chicago Steak Seasoning. Brown the Turkey, drain it, put it back in the frying pan for a few minutes with a bunch of Chicago steak seasoning. Dump it on a plate of whole wheat linguine.

..... If you have the available calories toss in some parmesan cheese and a little bit of olive oil.
    Sfla80 and GearHeaded like this.

Good protein packed snack or breakfast on the go. Using ground turkey.

Muffin or cupcake pans .

Make ur scrambled eggs mixture. Pour 3/4 fill of the muffin pan. Add 1/4 turkey to it. Bake, refrigerated and ziplock bag to go.

Variety’s using bigger muffin pans. Add cheese, scallions, peppers and onions.

This is a great on the go food. I believe I posted it once in my thread. If not. I’ll do it soon, with pics of each step.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    I love ground turkey.... Super simple weekly recipe:

Buy a bottle of Weber's Chicago Steak Seasoning. Brown the Turkey, drain it, put it back in the frying pan for a few minutes with a bunch of Chicago steak seasoning. Dump it on a plate of whole wheat linguine.

..... If you have the available calories toss in some parmesan cheese and a little bit of olive oil.
    I have never had ground turkey. Does it taste like turkey breast sandwich meat style? Or like thanksgiving roasted turkey flavor? Or does it taste like chicken??

Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    I have never had ground turkey. Does it taste like turkey breast sandwich meat style? Or like thanksgiving roasted turkey flavor? Or does it taste like chicken??
    it will cook like lean ground beef.. its all about flavoring and spices and what you add. I could make your ground turkey tacos that you would not guess were made with ground turkey and not beef .

the benefit of ground turkey is that its very lean compared to beef. which is fine depending on your diet goals. but overall ground beef is a healthier and more nutrient dense option (red meat always is)

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Good protein packed snack or breakfast on the go. Using ground turkey.

Muffin or cupcake pans .

Make ur scrambled eggs mixture. Pour 3/4 fill of the muffin pan. Add 1/4 turkey to it. Bake, refrigerated and ziplock bag to go.

Variety’s using bigger muffin pans. Add cheese, scallions, peppers and onions.

This is a great on the go food. I believe I posted it once in my thread. If not. I’ll do it soon, with pics of each step.

My wife actually came up with something similar years ago. We call them breakfast muffins.

So you put pre cooked (otherwise they won’t be crispy) hash browns at the bottom of each muffin cup in the muffin pan. Take a bunch of eggs, we usually end up using 36 eggs to make about 24ish muffins. Whisk up the eggs with your choice of veggies, I usually go with jalapeños, green bell peppers, and spinach but you can use whatever you like! Now take a package of cooked bacon and crumble that up and mix that in with the egg mixture. Sometimes we do sausage and bacon, again all about preference. At this point you can start filling up the muffin cups with the egg/veg/meat mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top if you like, maybe a little more spinach and some black pepper. Cook those bad boys at 350 for about 30 mins. You can tell when they’re done when they rise like muffins and they’re firm.

I haven’t calculated the macros but I’d say you got around 12g Protein per muffin and they’re super easy to demolish like 6 at a time! I don’t like eggs so this is the best way to get me to eat eggs!
    i_SLAM_cougars and Sfla80 like this.

Exactly. Perfect. Nice man

Family_guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    Ground Turkey is amazing, and has become a staple of my diet in the last couple weeks. Half a pound of ground turkey with red potatoes or a cup of jasmine rice.

Thanks for all of the ground turkey ideas!

ok so here is another recipe . just throwing this one out there cause I just finished cooking it

Italian sausage noodle bake

so first off you need to source some good quality meat/sausage. my meat was taken from a wild boar that was just taken down with a .223 a month ago and taken to a butcher to be processed,, and this particular package was processed and flavored as 'sweet Italian sausage'.. thats what I used.
    I'm sure you can find something similar at a butcher shop or high quality grocery store.

so here are the steps and things you need (after acquiring THE Meat)

prep your veggies- I use , celery, onions, bell pepper, zucchini, tomato, baby spinach.
    chop that all up fairly fine and small diced and throw in a pan with olive oil. low heat with a lid on.. I will add just a couple sprinkles of hot sauce and chop up just a couple jalapenos to add in ( I like just a tint of spice in my italian food)

sauce - just do a quality jar of pre made spaghetti sauce and add a can of stewed/diced tomatoes . put in a pot on low heat. add garlic , black pepper, onion powder, and italian seasoning

meat - I like to sear my meat before cooking it . so I heat the BBQ up to max temp, 550 degrees and smoking hot. I throw the sausage on the grill shortly and flip it and sear both sides. I don't cook it through .
    take the seared meat/sausage and chop it up like ground beef essentialy.. throw it all in a frying pan at medium head. add salt and onion powder. I add just a bit more oil (grape seed oil or olive oil)

noodles - ok either bow tie or spiral noodles . boil them until ALMOST done. do NOT boil your noodles until they are fully cooked otherwise they will get soft as deca dick in step #2. boil noodles until almost done but still firm. strain them and wait till next step.

mix - ok all the veggies you made, the meat you made, and the sauce you made .. throw that shit all together in one giant pan and stir it all up. high heat for maybe 4 minutes.

take your almost cooked noodles and throw them into a lasagna pan/baking pan. then throw in your meat, veggies, sauce, blend in with the noodles .. stir it all up and flatten it out in the pan.
    now take mozzarella cheese and pour it all over the top of everything in the pan . add in some fresh cut tomatoes and some basil on top of that.. put the whole thing in the over at only 300 for maybe 15 minutes .

thats it.. sounds like a lot of steps , but actually super easy (other then killing the pig)
    i_SLAM_cougars and Family_guy like this.

Bringing this back to the top since everything is starting to taste like cardboard these days

Bringing this back to the top since everything is starting to taste like cardboard these days
    ok Chef Gearheaded at your service
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_407.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	614.7 KB 
ID:	177432

prepping chicken for your Tupperware food prep for a week .. fuck oven baking chicken breasts. yeah I know its fast and easy. but try this instead.

if your bulking, buy chicken THIGHS and legs. believe me its going to taste way way better out of Tupperware. and this is how you food prep them. lay a bunch out and pour salt, black pepper, garlic, and onion seasonings on them . then throw them all in a giant zip lock baggy or large container . pour in a bunch of BBQ sauce, hot sauce, and franks sauce, and melt a half stick of butter and pour that in as well .. mix that shit up and let it sit for 4 hours or even over night.

come back the next day and start up a crock pot. pour in a cup or so of chicken broth (depending on how much chicken you prepped).. cut up some onion and celery and throw that in. then throw in all your marinated chicken.
    let that shit cook on medium for 6 or so hours.

thats it. your done. you got the most moist flavorful marinated chicken that will taste awesome eating out of Tupperware for food prep

dried out oven bake or BBQ chicken breast out of Tupperware is crap .. crock pot marinated chicken thighs and legs is a world of difference
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 11-04-2019 at 09:47 AM.

red meat food prep - London broil . super affordable giant chunk of steak

what to buy - London broil , small red potatos, frozen mix veggies, beef bullion cubes

start up the crock pot again mother F'ers take a cup or two of water (depending on how much food your making) and boil it in the microwave with several beef bullion cubes. then throw that in the crock pot with a half stick of melted butter.

then take your giant 3 pound slab of London broil and salt it and tenderize it (use a meat tenderizer or just take a steak knife and stab that bitch a hundred times over and over).
    fire up your BBQ grill on its highest heat setting and get that sucker hot as hell.. then sear your London broil (don't cook it). just take it and throw it on that hot as hell grill on one side for about 1 minute or so and then flip and sear the other side for a minute or so. thats it.. its seared but not cooked at all.

take your London broil and cut it up into small chunks and throw them in the crock pot.. then throw in your bag of frozen mixed veggies and your red potatoes. add garlic seasoning and black pepper and whatever other spices you like .
    cook it slow and low.

you got quality meals for days now

edit note - I just picked up a 3 pound slab of London broil for $8.55 yesterday.. its quality red meat that as cheap as chicken if you find it on sale
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 11-04-2019 at 10:05 AM.

^ heck I'm going to make that today. minus the red potatoes cause I'm on keto

prepping chicken for your Tupperware food prep for a week .. fuck oven baking chicken breasts. yeah I know its fast and easy. but try this instead.

if your bulking, buy chicken THIGHS and legs. believe me its going to taste way way better out of Tupperware. and this is how you food prep them. lay a bunch out and pour salt, black pepper, garlic, and onion seasonings on them . then throw them all in a giant zip lock baggy or large container . pour in a bunch of BBQ sauce, hot sauce, and franks sauce, and melt a half stick of butter and pour that in as well .. mix that shit up and let it sit for 4 hours or even over night.

come back the next day and start up a crock pot. pour in a cup or so of chicken broth (depending on how much chicken you prepped).. cut up some onion and celery and throw that in. then throw in all your marinated chicken.
    let that shit cook on medium for 6 or so hours.

thats it. your done. you got the most moist flavorful marinated chicken that will taste awesome eating out of Tupperware for food prep

dried out oven bake or BBQ chicken breast out of Tupperware is crap .. crock pot marinated chicken thighs and legs is a world of difference
    You started losing me with the sauces and totally lost me with the butter. I hate butter.
    I prep my chicken thighs (without skin and fat removed) and breasts with some soy sauce, oyster sauce, chicken boullien (consume de pollo), pepper and garlic.

GearHeaded likes this.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    I do it like this and it tastes awesome: yogurt, oats, protein powder. You can use two cups to replace the protein from egg white.

Gosh, studentship made me a stranger to frying pans.
    GearHeaded and JaneDoe like this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

You started losing me with the sauces and totally lost me with the butter. I hate butter.
    I prep my chicken thighs (without skin and fat removed)

What planet are you from?
    GearHeaded likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information