Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    explorer80 is offline New Member
    I am a pharmacist, I think I can answer your questions. We only carry 10 ml vials where I work, because that is what the local docs write for. If, on the other hand, the local doc wrote for 1 ml every week for a 1 month supply; then I would have to give you the 1 ml vials. This is because testosterone is a controlled drug and I cannot dispense more than what the doctor writes for.

So if the doc wrote for a 1 month supply, your stuck with whatever he writes for. Before the MD writes the ** ask him for a 10 ml vial.

If you transfer your prescription, there is no reason you should not have it by the next day. Even if they need to order it. All the pharmacies get deliveries by the next day. If they tell you longer, ask them for next day anyway and they will more than likely tell you yes.

natureboy is offline Member
    Thanks for the info explorer80, I hope to be getting a new dose on my ** soon. When the doc writes it, I will be sure to ask her to write it for the 10ml vial.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer80 View Post
    I am a pharmacist, I think I can answer your questions. We only carry 10 ml vials where I work, because that is what the local docs write for. If, on the other hand, the local doc wrote for 1 ml every week for a 1 month supply; then I would have to give you the 1 ml vials. This is because testosterone is a controlled drug and I cannot dispense more than what the doctor writes for.

So if the doc wrote for a 1 month supply, your stuck with whatever he writes for. Before the MD writes the ** ask him for a 10 ml vial.

If you transfer your prescription, there is no reason you should not have it by the next day. Even if they need to order it. All the pharmacies get deliveries by the next day. If they tell you longer, ask them for next day anyway and they will more than likely tell you yes.
    what is your or your company's policy with something like if there is a small dose yet the script calls for 10ml vial (with refills) and the vial shouldnt be empty for several months and the customer (me LOL) comes in at 1 month for a refill..do you just fill no questions asked or what? and in your opinion, is there talk about this in the medical field?
    thanks

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    what is your or your company's policy with something like if there is a small dose yet the script calls for 10ml vial (with refills) and the vial shouldnt be empty for several months and the customer (me LOL) comes in at 1 month for a refill..do you just fill no questions asked or what? and in your opinion, is there talk about this in the medical field?
    thanks
    Jpkman,

I have the same script. I asked the pharmacist and they looked at my insurance and said I can refill once a month. My original script was for 200 mgs a month and the doc raised it much higher. I asked the pharmacist if I needed a new script and that is when they told me. At least where I live, it is dependent on insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    Jpkman,

I have the same script. I asked the pharmacist and they looked at my insurance and said I can refill once a month. My original script was for 200 mgs a month and the doc raised it much higher. I asked the pharmacist if I needed a new script and that is when they told me. At least where I live, it is dependent on insurance.
    yeh, same deal with me...my dose has always been a very low figure...prolly less than i would get with 10g of androgel ED (200mg E3W) BUT...I self administer and always was able to refill every month but had some pharmacists using their abacuses and questioning my refil

so i'm wondering since nobody likes giving stuff away.....if there was talk in the medical/pharmaceutical field about our scripts or maybe there isnt a big demand now but i have always predicted that trt is going to be mainstream but as all things unfortunately strictly monitored

nwz71 is offline New Member
    I just got my first script for cyp 200. My Doc wrote it for a 10ml bottle with 3 refills which would have been good for a years worth. The jerks at walgreens told me that my insurance would only cover up to 3 months at a time. Since one 10ml bottle would last longer then 3 months they said that it's too much and gave me two 1ml vials. So now i have to go in every month. I was there for about 2 hrs and the bitch behind the counter kept on saying "TESTOSTERONE " and the 6 people in line were lookin at me like i was a flipin hormone whore. I'm never going back there!

Quote Originally Posted by nwz71 View Post
    I just got my first script for cyp 200. My Doc wrote it for a 10ml bottle with 3 refills which would have been good for a years worth. The jerks at walgreens told me that my insurance would only cover up to 3 months at a time. Since one 10ml bottle would last longer then 3 months they said that it's too much and gave me two 1ml vials. So now i have to go in every month. I was there for about 2 hrs and the bitch behind the counter kept on saying "TESTOSTERONE" and the 6 people in line were lookin at me like i was a flipin hormone whore. I'm never going back there!
    that reminds me of the last time i was getting syringes i've been having to use 25 guage for glutes which is alright...just a little slow cuz i pull with 18 guage for speed but she's like holding them up while ppl are in line next to me and asking "are these the size you want"....i think they violated a regulation if she said aloud your medicine?

pharmacist/docs please chime in

If not a regulation you would think atleast some type of company policy. She said it like 20 times and didn't think nothin of it. I think she was new beacuse she didn't know what the f*** she was doin. I'm not an agressive person at all but I was tempted to bitch smack her. I can see the newspaper headlines "Roid Rage at the pharmacy"

I went to get my meds today, I freakin blew it big time! My wife called in the ** Friday night. So I know I'm supposed to get 2x1ml amps, she got the meds I felt the bag, and said I get two boxes. She was checkin with another girl when I walked up, it was a 10ml vial, I told the girl nevermind ill just take the one! She said" it is illegal for us to give you more than a 90 day supply" so I asked if I have to get my ** upped to 200mg ew it would be less than a 90 day supply. She said "yes we can give you the 10 ml vial then". So I know what the problem is.

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    Wow I have had all mine done in a day...But I usually won't take no for an answer if whoever i am talking can't do what I want I tell them to get me their boss or whoever can, but that usually only works in person...

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    She said" it is illegal for us to give you more than a 90 day supply" .
    I have never heard that it may very well be but what I have learned is pharmicist are dicks!

They let that little bit of power they have over are meds go to there heads.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    I pick up a 10ml vial each month and it takes less than 20 minutes to fill the script and pull away from the drive-thru.

explorer80 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    thanks
    jpkman, you have to realize that testosterone is a class 3 drug. This means that according to the DEA, it is 1 class below morphine and the same class as vicodin. So if you get a 3 month supply and you try to get a refill 1 month later, you will be denied. You will have to wait 3 months minus 3 to 5 days. If, on the other hand, you get a 3 month supply of Arimidex and you want to get a refill a month later; you should not have any problems. Arimidex is not a controlled drug.

This does not take insurance into account. If your prescription says 3 months, but your insurance says you must get 1 month at a time, you will have to make a decision. You can take a 3 month supply without insurance, or you can get 1 month at a time. It might be cheaper to buy without your insurance though. Keep in mind your insurance company usually doesn't want to pay 3 months at a time because they are scumbags. They want to pay one month at a time because they are hoping you either croak or lose your job so they can avoid paying for those last two months. Testosterone isn't that expensive though, so ask what a ten ml vial is without insurance.

I forgot to mention something though. Suppose you are using 1 ml a month and you want the ten ml vial. Legally I could not do this because this is a 10 month supply. So what is the go around? What are the magical words?

Use As Directed.

Instead of giving the pharmacy specific instructions such as inject 1 ml every week or inject 2 mls every month. Use as directed tells the pharmacy that there are no specific directions for use. The doctor has already told the pt how to take it. Doctors write "use as directed" because the patient is going to be taking his meds on a fluctuating basis. So you may be taking 1ml a week, and depending on lab results you may need to kick it up to 2ml a week or 0.5 mls a week. Because a doctor doesn't know what your future dose will be (and he doesn't want to write it all out) he will use "use as directed" as shorthand for "it depends."

Because "use as directed" tells the pharmacy that the dose is unknown or yet to be determined, it gives us great liberty on how to submit it to your insurance and how much we can give you at a time. So if we get a script for

testosterone cyp
    10 mls
    "use as directed"

We would give you the ten ml vial and probably use a 1 month day supply. Then you will get a 10 ml vial and pay a one month co-pay. You just need to convince your doctor that he should write it this way, instead of giving specific instructions. If he thinks you are a jackass, he will probably want the specific instructions on the vial. Also if he writes for ten ml vials, and you are getting 1 ten ml vial every month when they should be lasting 4 or 5 months, he will suspect somethings wrong. So don't do anything fishy like trying to get as many vials as you can and use more than you should or sell them to your friends. Testosterone is a highly controlled drug and you put yourself and the doctor at risk by doing anything screwy.

A legitimate reason to ask for use as directed instructions is that you want a 10ml vial to save money. The pharmacy can bill a one month supply and you pay a one month co-pay, while you are getting a several month supply of testosterone. Most doctors will be cool with this because they hate the insurance companies, and they want to genuinely help you out. But again, don't be a jackass! Don't try to get more than you need because it can put the doctors license on the line if you are caught. It will shine a big spotlight on you, and you don't want the feds snooping around thinking you are a dealer.

Explorer thanks for the info, very much appreciated!
    I will run this by my doc when I see her again.

Explorer you can't be a pharmacist you are acting like a human being but if you are I bet you make a lot of friends fast...

Thanks for the info

yes...thanks for the tip...but as for the past and when we all got the 10ml vial refil even though there was a small dose that wouldnt have used up the previous one, was the pharmacist breaking the law?

Hey thanks for the info E80! Would a pharmacist be able fill a script for four 10ml bottles at once if I had a script for them with the "use a directed"? Reason I ask is I might be getting a new job. I would be required to go overseas for a year so it might be hard to get my script filled over there. Thanks again!

Got a new ** today, 150mg ew!
    I pick it up tomorrow, I will have to wait and see if they have a new excuse to screw me out of this 10ml vial!

I pick it up tomorrow, I will have to wait and see if they have a new excuse to screw me out of this 10ml vial!
    nice dose! ...dont need more than that unless your drinking diet redbull

Congrats and good luck at the pharmacy!

Picked up my 10 ml vial and pins Friday! $10.
    What is the easiest way to get 150mg out of 200mg per cc?
    The doc wrote the script for 100mg per cc, so I know 1.5 cc is 150mg.
    The pharm gave me 200 test c so, what is the easiest way to draw 150 out? Would it be .75?

.75 my brother will give you 150mg

1.5 cc is 300mg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're startin already...LOL

oh...you got it right in your last sentence...yes .75 sorry but no 1.5 cc is 300mg

right mighty joe?

Thanks for the help. I read back through what I had written, it did sound phucked up! Don't even think I want to try to explain, I will just leave it!lol

I think I will inject today!

I got to thinking about the 10ml vial and the 2x1cc amps I got from the pharm. It has really pissed me off! Why should I pay almost the same amount of money for these two. The 2x1cc amps cost me $9.00, and the 10 ml vial cost me $10.00. What's up with that.

fizler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bombguy View Post
    I was getting 10ml vials with no problem through Walgreens
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    i just picked up 4 10cc bottles a month ago
    How did you pull that off? My insurance wouldn't let me get but 1 at a time. Those assholes! I lost 6 bottles of Pharm grade test cyp 10mlx200mg/ml cause they wouldn't fill it on the last day of the script being good. Lucky my DR wrote another script for 10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information