subnet is offline Associate Member

Results of Total Test level - measured at peak or trough?

OK, so since I've started TRT, I've been reading like a maniac, trying to learn everything about this stuff. In my mind, at least what I thought I remembered gleaning off many hundreds of threads/studies, is that when people were getting their blood tested, that they did it typically before their next round of blood work. In other words, when you guys give blood work results, it was at the 'trough' of what your levels would be and not at the peak.

The reason I ask is that with my last visit to my Dr., I was on day 3 of my 100mg Test E injection (injected Saturday and he wanted me to go for more blood work when I saw him the following Tuesday), and he wanted to see what my levels were at the peak. He said it would be perfect timing. I came out with an 805 Total Test level (241-827 range) to which he was happy with.

So, am I wrong thinking that most of you here are referring to Total Test (or any other number for that matter) results when you were at your low point or trough, or did I get that all wrong and you've been referring to your high point or peak level?

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    My doc takes both depending on what he wants. I have refered to mine as day of shot or so many days til/after shot.

does that make sense at all

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think it is good to take it day 3 and also day 7 before injecting if you are on weekly - I would alternate if you could.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    Bob89 nailed it. My endo has asked for both but the trough was the focus on the outset, the first two or three bloodtests until he was satisfied. Then he wanted the peak. Glad to hear your Dr was cool with 805. I am 57 and my Dr cut me from 150 to 125 when i tested 759.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    i agree, it's good to know both peak and trough levels if you can. this is good to know if you are injecting weekly and considering going to a 2x/week schedule.

if you inject weekly and your T levels on trough are really low then you obviously use the T fast so a 2x/week schedule might work better.

good ideas guys - thanks!

I'm actually on 120mg/week after I realized I was injecting every 6 days (at 100mg each) because I was trying to move my injection day backwards. Going to stay at this level untili the next round of bloodwork in a few months...

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    i was wondering about that .. one of the gym guys suggested doing the shots every six days... does that make any difference other than slightly increasing your mg/week?

well I wasn't intending on doing that, but I wanted to have my injections be on Friday. My first injection after 2 LONG weeks was Monday, then I made it 100ml on the following Sunday, then 100ml on the following Saturday, then of course, 100ml on Friday. I plan on injecting every Friday now, but since the Dr. said 'keep it at the same dose', I'm going to do .6cc of Test E.

Of course, I think he meant keep it at the same 100ml but since I was injecting every 6 days, it's really about 120ml, after rounding up from 117ml (7/6 x 100ml = 117 or approx 120ml or .6ml Test E).

Feeling pretty good so I won't change anything and will check the blood levels in a few months.

So, to answer your question, I'm not sure I know a few people do 2x per week like ZonaDave, but since I'm really new at this, I'm sticking with 1x per week now that I'm injecting on Fridays. Getting some acne on my shoulders which I'm not happy about but we'll see if that levels off...

EDIT: Oh, and I guess that at day 6, you'll have less of a drop-off of Test values than day 7, so less of a high/low curve and more steady Test levels.
    Last edited by subnet; 12-21-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    i was wondering about that .. one of the gym guys suggested doing the shots every six days... does that make any difference other than slightly increasing your mg/week?
    that will just increase levels a little. the half-life of T Cyp is 5-8 days so anywhere in there is good.

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    well I wasn't intending on doing that, but I wanted to have my injections be on Friday. My first injection after 2 LONG weeks was Monday, then I made it 100ml on the following Sunday, then 100ml on the following Saturday, then of course, 100ml on Friday. I plan on injecting every Friday now, but since the Dr. said 'keep it at the same dose', I'm going to do .6cc of Test E.

Of course, I think he meant keep it at the same 100ml but since I was injecting every 6 days, it's really about 120ml, after rounding up from 117ml (7/6 x 100ml = 117 or approx 120ml or .6ml Test E).

Feeling pretty good so I won't change anything and will check the blood levels in a few months.

So, to answer your question, I'm not sure I know a few people do 2x per week like ZonaDave, but since I'm really new at this, I'm sticking with 1x per week now that I'm injecting on Fridays. Getting some acne on my shoulders which I'm not happy about but we'll see if that levels off...

EDIT: Oh, and I guess that at day 6, you'll have less of a drop-off of Test values than day 7, so less of a high/low curve and more steady Test levels.
    just to clarify terms: 100mg not 100ml. 1ml = 200mg of T. most people give dosages in mg's.

i would always recommend doing weekly shots unless there is a problem with your body using it up too fast which can be determined by bloodwork or you have E2 conversion issues like me.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    Zona Dave....good info. and speaking of troughs and peaks i would have to say your avatar is a very fine example of both, certainly proof that an ass is more than a convenient place for the legs to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZonaDave View Post
    just to clarify terms: 100mg not 100ml. 1ml = 200mg of T. most people give dosages in mg's.

i would always recommend doing weekly shots unless there is a problem with your body using it up too fast which can be determined by bloodwork or you have E2 conversion issues like me.
    OOPS! you're absoutely right of course - born and raised in Canada so I definitely know my ml and mg and just got them mixed up (too much wine probably hehe). And to follow whiteowl's response, I also too like when ZoneDave answers just to see his avatar as well
    Last edited by subnet; 12-23-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Thread Information