Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HRT and Deca

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    baja212 is offline Junior Member

HRT and Deca

I know this same questions has been posed before, but I don't feel like doing a search on it. Further, I even chimed in before and someone respectfuly disagreed.

Could I add 250mg of Deca to my HRT? I was always led to believe that Deca is mild steroid , therefore the mimimal dose should be around 400mg. And Deca shuts you down hard, so should increase your Test per week.

I'm taking the Testim Gel and currently I feel "okay" no more or less. My Doctor won't entertain injections. I'll have to decided whether I'm going to shit can this anit-aging doctor in favor of a Endocrinologist.

Here's my new plan, which I've been turning it over and over in my head.
    I plan on taking the Testim Gel for now, and adding another 75mg of Test Enan., plus add 250mg of Deca from my private stash. Also, Arimidex too.
    Any benefits to my above plan?

Tboney or V Man, let's here it from you.
    Last edited by baja212; 04-12-2010 at 05:12 AM.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is your reason for taking the Deca ? Sorry, I am not Tboney ot V Man, but I am on trt and deca right now and have been for about 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    What is your reason for taking the Deca? Sorry, I am not Tboney ot V Man, but I am on trt and deca right now and have been for about 4 weeks.
    I want to add Deca just to alleviate joint pain and maybe even get a tiny bit of strength from the Deca.

How much Deca and Test are you presently taking? Is your TRT doctor prescribed? And is he aware of the Deca? Lastly, how do you feel? BTW, your opinion is of value to me too. The two othr gentleman always have good advice as well.

talstar is offline Junior Member
    I am going to add deca to my TRT next week. Will be doing 200mg a week. I am taking 200mg of test every 6 days from doc. Will post any changes good or bad as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by talstar View Post
    I am going to add deca to my TRT next week. Will be doing 200mg a week. I am taking 200mg of test every 6 days from doc. Will post any changes good or bad as I go.
    Are you on Arimidex ? With that current dose, are you noticing any water retention or bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by baja212 View Post
    Are you on Arimidex? With that current dose, are you noticing any water retention or bloat.
    I am taking arimidex every 3 days and have no water retention. The deca is not from the doc, though he doesn't mind that I am going to take it, he says he can't prescribe it. The reason I am waiting to start (deca) next week is I am getting BW and want my numbers to be legit with what I am taking for HRT.

OCTOBER-2009 is offline Junior Member
    I think this is a bad idea. I would never run more Deca than Test. I think 250mg of Deca & 250mg of Teast would be ok. I personally ran 200mg of Deca & 200mg of Test at the same time and loved it. But 75mg of Test, some gel, & 250mg of Deca is not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by OCTOBER-2009 View Post
    I think this is a bad idea. I would never run more Deca than Test. I think 250mg of Deca & 250mg of Teast would be ok. I personally ran 200mg of Deca & 200mg of Test at the same time and loved it. But 75mg of Test, some gel, & 250mg of Deca is not smart.
    Ok, please explain????

How much Test am I actually getting with the above Test dosage?

I think this is a bad idea. I would never run more Deca than Test. I think 250mg of Deca & 250mg of Teast would be ok. I personally ran 200mg of Deca & 200mg of Test at the same time and lovd it. But 75mg of Test, some gel, & 250mg of Deca is not smart.
    I respectively asked you to explain. Other than " Deca Dick" I can't think of another reason. Just expand on why you shouldn't run more Deca than test.

I respectively asked you to explain. Other than " Deca Dick" I can't think of another reason. Just expand on why you shouldn't run more Deca than test.
    Like i said in my explanation I "personally" would not run more Deca than Test. And yes, Deca Dick is the reason. Being huge is meaningless if your dick is broke.

I gave you my opinion, the choice is yours.
    Last edited by OCTOBER-2009; 04-12-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Like i said in my explanation I "personally" would not run more Deca than Test. And yes, Deca Dick is the reason. Being huge is meaningless if your dick is broke.

I gave you my opinion, the choice is yours.
    First, there was never any mentioned in my prior post of getting "huge". Secondly, If I wanted to get huge I would run 750mg of Sustanon , I would eat 2 Anadrol 50's a day for 8 weeks. Oh, I forgot, I would make sure I had Novladex close by.
    Thirdly, unfortunately I'm on HRT because of the repeated above stack. And I was never a fan of Deca but want to add it to my HRT simply to alleviate joint discomfort.

In conclusion, my dick may as well be broke, it's called "married"!!!

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    deca as part of TRT has my intrest as well, I've discussed it with my doc but he doesn't normally prescribe it as part of TRT. He said that he only uses it for wasting diaseses which I don't have.

Is anyone here from the US on scripted Deca from a normal gp or endo not an anti-aging clinic.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    I wish I had some worthwhile input, but I'm just chiming in as part of the "me too" crowd of people who are trying to find a doc who will write a script for deca to treat joint pain. No luck for me, so far. From everything I've read it sounds like deca would act against the primary reason for TRT treatment of dosed as a 1:1 or higher ratio, but I'd like to know how it might work if test were administered at a 2:1 ratio. Unfortunately most docs are scared they'll face scrutiny for writing scripts for any AAS, regardless of potential, legitimate therapeutic benefits. It's a bunch of crap.

JimInAK is offline Member
    I am 51 years old. I recently did a cycle: week 1-12 with Test E at 375mg & week 2-11 with Deca at 200mg. I took 0.25 mg of arimidex every other day and I think about the same dose of caber, every third day (I could be wrong on the caber, I can't remember).

I'm on PCT now and I take Nolvadex and Clomid. Pretty standard procedure, from what I understand and a very light cycle.

I gained about 22 lbs., although I have already lost about 5 lbs. I think my gains were mostly muscle, as my neck is noticeably thicker and my biceps are larger.

I have a home gym and worked out, but did not dedicate nearly enough time or consistency there. I dramatically increased my protein intake.

That worked out well for me, and I could have done much better with more dedication. I hope to do better next time. I have been doing HGH for over a year, and I think that helped in many ways.

When I started PCT and switched from Arimidex to Nolvadex and Clomid, the puffiness in my nipples almost immediately went away. What I can infer from that is that my Arimidex dose was a little too low.

I was very satisfied with my results considering, and would consider adding Deca again, to my next cycle. I strongly recommend HGH if you are older.
    Last edited by JimInAK; 03-19-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I know this same questions has been posed before, but I don't feel like doing a search on it. Further, I even chimed in before and someone respectfuly disagreed.

Could I add 250mg of Deca to my HRT? I was always led to believe that Deca is mild steroid , therefore the mimimal dose should be around 400mg. And Deca shuts you down hard, so should increase your Test per week.

I'm taking the Testim Gel and currently I feel "okay" no more or less. My Doctor won't entertain injections. I have decided I'm going to shit can him after this next cycle in favor of a Endocrinologist.

Here's my new plan, which I've been turning it over and over in my head.
    I plan on taking the Testim Gel for now, and adding another 75mg of Test Enan., plus add 250mg of Deca from my private stash. Also, Arimidex too.
    Any benefits to my above plan?

Tboney or V Man, let's here it from you.
    Baja, thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, I've got no first hand experience with Deca. I read up on it, heard about a zillion posts of peoples experiences with it, and know that Deca-Dick should be added to the dictionary ... But, have not actually done it myself. I've considered it, mostly to see how well it does work with the joints (had arthritis since I was a kid), and of course any anabolic contribution it can offer won't be discarded. My Q to you is, what attribute about Deca is driving you to want to include it in your HRT?

You mentioned that Deca shuts you down hard, which isn't disputed. If you're on HRT, I presume you're numbers are already low. Can you elaborate what your condition and numbers are? Shutting down shouldn't be the primary concern if you're on a good HRT regiment ... But, I don't think your HRT is where you need it to be at this stage. Since you asked for my .02 on the matter, here's what I suggest: Hold off on the Deca for now. You should get your program nailed down with the new doctor that you're talking about first. I'm not a fan of Gel, and definitely not a fan of stacking it with small doses of injections. Have the new doc run BW (complete panel A-to-Z) and feel free to post it here for discussion. See if he has his head on straight and will get you on injections only, preferably at least once per week. Then see what his opinion is about E2 blocker. That I am a fan of, but for balance only. Too high isn't good, but neither is too low. You should run BW frequently to make sure your program is in balance.

Lastly, in my case, I'm on 200mg of "T" EW, and 250iu of HCG 2xWK. I will probably be cut back to 150mg, because the HCG will more than likely be helping my numbers stay over the top. BW will be the truth in about a week. However, knowing that I have all of this dialed in and monitored consistently, including my E2, I would be conservative with doing any Deca if I choose to run some. Probably 150mg in my case. But, I've got a lot of this dialed in and I have a doc that is on top of things with me, so again I recommend you get that done first before doing anything else. Also, I think JPKMAN had some previous Deca experience while on HRT. If so, I'm sure he can elaborate a little more.

Keep us posted - VM

I am taking 2-300/week of deca and love it. Before I took it I could not hardly get up stairs - (most of the cartl taken out of right knee 1 1/2 yrs ago. The pain in the knee also kept me from most of the rehab movements - so my quad was lacking bad - about half the size of my left. After a couple of weeks of deca, pain started subsiding and I was able to get my quad strength back up (still not equal to left though yet).

I just got back from skiing - first time in a long time. NO KNEE PAIN!!!!!

I always make sure I take at least as much t as d, usually a little more. I take adex as needed and caber .25 - .50 twice a week. No sides from the d at all - except increased hunger.

Bottom line is I feel deca has allowed me to rehab my knee and quad. It has decreased my pain to almost nothing.

Hope this helps,

Flats

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    I am taking 2-300/week of deca and love it. Before I took it I could not hardly get up stairs - (most of the cartl taken out of right knee 1 1/2 yrs ago. The pain in the knee also kept me from most of the rehab movements - so my quad was lacking bad - about half the size of my left. After a couple of weeks of deca, pain started subsiding and I was able to get my quad strength back up (still not equal to left though yet).

I just got back from skiing - first time in a long time. NO KNEE PAIN!!!!!

I always make sure I take at least as much t as d, usually a little more. I take adex as needed and caber .25 - .50 twice a week. No sides from the d at all - except increased hunger.

Bottom line is I feel deca has allowed me to rehab my knee and quad. It has decreased my pain to almost nothing.

Hope this helps,

Flats
    glad to hear flat...and thanks for sharing...another plug for deca...

Would actually like to try a small dose to see how it works with the joints. My doc won't do it, but he doesn't have a problem with offering this other expensive ass program where they will stick all sorts of needles with natural meds directly into the joints. Looks dreadful!

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Would actually like to try a small dose to see how it works with the joints. My doc won't do it, but he doesn't have a problem with offering this other expensive ass program where they will stick all sorts of needles with natural meds directly into the joints. Looks dreadful!
    I'm with you, Vette. I've had corticosteriod injections, and three dirrerent kinds of synthetic fluid injection into both knees and only the corticosteriod stuff works and that's only for a week or two. I'm also shelling out about $100 a month for a cream not covered by insurance that I have to rub into the knees 3-4 times a day. Talk about a pain in the ass, and all for very marginal benefits at best.

I think I found a source for deca and I'm going to give it a try as soon as I can get the funds together for it plus extra test in order to keep my deca:test ratio at 1:2.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Ed View Post
    I'm with you, Vette. I've had corticosteriod injections, and three dirrerent kinds of synthetic fluid injection into both knees and only the corticosteriod stuff works and that's only for a week or two. I'm also shelling out about $100 a month for a cream not covered by insurance that I have to rub into the knees 3-4 times a day. Talk about a pain in the ass, and all for very marginal benefits at best.

I think I found a source for deca and I'm going to give it a try as soon as I can get the funds together for it plus extra test in order to keep my deca:test ratio at 1:2.
    I don't think you need to go 1:2. I guess if you are going to do 100 of deca then 200 of test is ok - but if you are going to do 200 of d, then I wouldn't do 400 of t unless you have other goals. Therapeutic doses of d - say around 200/week should not give you d dick if you are at least keeping pace with the t - or a little more. Also have all ancillaries on hand for the t and the d. Just in case.

Flats

Do you want to take the deca for joint pain or to gain mass? If you want to run it for joint pain 50-100mg a week should be fine. If you want to gain mass, Max it out for 12-16 weeks. But remember my earlier post? I personally would not run more Deca than Test.

Everyone is different. I think you can show some nice gains on 100mg of Deca & 200mg of Test a week. Either way, just run the shit and get back to us on your results.

Took second shot of deca (200mg) this morning along with my test(200mg). Worked out this afternoon and didn't have as much elbow pain I have had when doing triceps. It would be great if it clears up completely. Keep you posted.

Talstar, I envy you!!! Really curious how it continues to work for you ... So let us know, I'll keep an eye out for your posts. -Thanks, VM

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Do you want to take the deca for joint pain or to gain mass? If you want to run it for joint pain 50-100mg a week should be fine. If you want to gain mass, Max it out for 12-16 weeks. But remember my earlier post? I personally would not run more Deca than Test.

Everyone is different. I think you can show some nice gains on 100mg of Deca & 200mg of Test a week. Either way, just run the shit and get back to us on your results.
    this simply isnt true

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    talstar

is your deca scripted or on your own?

On my own. I am into the second week and the elbow pain has gone away. If it just does that for me it is worth it.

Just took my fourth shot of deca (200mgs). First, I don't have the elbow pain I have had for months. Second, I am seeing some extra strength in my bench and shoulders. I plan on staying with this amount as it has done everything I hoped for.

Outstanding! Thanks for reporting back. I hoping to start the same regiment next month.

Johnybravo75 is offline Junior Member
    Im interested in adding Deca to my hrt as well. Im looking to add it at a low dose of 100-150mg wk for joint pain relief. My question is, will this dose of deca effect my test levels in any way when i return for bloodwork. im currently only on 100mg wk of test cyp but pretty sure it will be bumped to 150-200wk in a few weeks. If the deca will spike my test levels up, then im going to avoid it because i obviously want to keep the levels low to remain on hrt and higher my dosage.

tazmaniac1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by talstar View Post
    On my own. I am into the second week and the elbow pain has gone away. If it just does that for me it is worth it.

I have extremely bad elbow pain, and I just did my first injection 400mg of test cyp 2 weeks ago, blood work this week 2nd injection friday then weekly after that.I not sure on the amount of test will be but from what it sounds 300mg per week, but what you say about Deca and your pain in your elbow is great I am looking at Deca as a fix for my elbow and as a supplement to the Test but what concerns me is approaching the Doc with-out making him suspicious of my alterior motive is there a good way to approach him with this.

No doc, unless he's part of an aging and wellness clinic, is going to write you a script for deca . And i he is part of an aging/wellness program you just tell him the truth. No need to dance around the issue -- you looking for pain relief.

Ok, explain what is wrong & why it is wrong?

Ok, explain what is wrong & why it is wrong?
    from what i've read...the previous belief was to not use more deca than test but i believe that the new belief is if you have a nominal amount of test running concurrent with the deca you should avoid the deca dick syndrome....like is said this is just what i've read and beliefs, ect...

i personally ran more test when i actually used deca

Regular guy is offline Junior Member
    Hi, guys a newbie here, did read every post.

I've got a script for 210mg test cyp and 200mg deca EW from a US Dr. (I've got a professional license that a drug conviction would kill) I like it, but only 3wks into therapy. I'm gaining weight and loosing BF. I do have concerns of joint deteriation as both Xray and MRI have confirmed, but didn't want to gain lots of weight. Oh and my sex life has not suffered, shoot it has improved my relationship with my wife. Have been told by Dr office that low risk of deca side effects when Test is run in a higher dose.

Hope it helps.

Did you have a blood test before starting the protocol? If so, what was your test level? Is the deca going to cycled?

Regular guy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Ed View Post
    Did you have a blood test before starting the protocol? If so, what was your test level? Is the deca going to cycled?
    Yep had blood test, test level around 560. Yes, plan to cycle. Liking Anavar for the next 10wk run.

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    I to want a Deca Script and was hoping to get some info. Such as do you self inject? If so who manufactures the Deca? What is the consintration of the deca and how much is in the bottle. I think my doc will be happy to give me a script for it if I know with out a doubt I can accually get it.

Quote Originally Posted by oakdad View Post
    I to want a Deca Script and was hoping to get some info. Such as do you self inject? If so who manufactures the Deca? What is the consintration of the deca and how much is in the bottle. I think my doc will be happy to give me a script for it if I know with out a doubt I can accually get it.
    Good luck with that script. I told my primary last year to get me some and she about fainted. Needless to say, I don't involve her with that aspect of my life. Organon and Norma seem to be two of the more popular players making it. Bottles range. You can get 10ml with 200mg/ml or 10ml with 300mg/ml, small vials, just depends on what you need.

durak is offline Member
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    Lol.
    LMAO.....X2....welcome epic...too fn funny...

never cried while strangling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information