Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    megustatetas is offline Multi account's = Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by casberger View Post
    PEA is Phenethylamine. It is the chemical found in chocolate. It is a natural stimulant unlike anything I have tried. I take 2grams and it gives me a good buzz that lasts a half hour. Sometimes I take 1gram pre-workout to improve my mind/muscle concentration.

Yeah Red Yeast Rice is a spice thats been eaten in china for over 500 years. The yeast contains substances called monocolins, which lower cholesterol by inhibiting cholesterol production in the liver in the same manner as prescription statin drugs.

I just had my bloodwork results come back and here is what my cholesterol looked like:
    Triglyceride 41 range 30-200
    Cholesterol, Serum 108 range 50-200
    HDL 40 range 32-96
    LDL 59.8 range 0-130
    I have never had a problem with cholesterol but my last labs showed that my cholesterol was elevated. I started taking the red yeast rice, eating more fish oil, eating more fiber. Im not sure if its a combination of everything I have been doing but something worked.
    great numbers on cholesterol, i know some of us would kill for those values. Careful on the red yeast rice, as the US has cracked down on it, forcing the importers to remove the natural ingredient which it turns out is identical to lovastatin. the FDA ruled that the importers had to remove monocolins to sell it as a supplement. Kind of invalidates the patent of lovastatin if u can get the same thing naturally of much less...some states have fought that and others not, so not all is the same. It mostly all comes from china where it is used for many things.

I would add one more basic supp to the list CO-Q10 as its is a great protector of the heart and has also anti-oxi properties. at least 100mg a day unless you are known to have CVD or other circu issues.

Lastly i put up this link to show the 7 factors in heart and CV issues, note the connection of thyroid levels to cholesterol profiles also.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megustatetas View Post
    I would add one more basic supp to the list CO-Q10 as its is a great protector of the heart and has also anti-oxi properties. at least 100mg a day unless you are known to have CVD or other circu issues.

Lastly i put up this link to show the 7 factors in heart and CV issues, note the connection of thyroid levels to cholesterol profiles also.
    This is exactly what I was hoping to achieve by starting this thread. CO-Q10 ... I would have never guess because I don't even know what the hell that is, but now I can throw this on my spreadsheet and do some further research.

Megburn, I didn't see a link attachment. Would enjoy reading if you have it.

Curious with how much Vitamin C a person should be taking daily. Doubt I get near enough with my mulit-vitamin and the food I eat.

I've seen a few posts by nOObs about this and other vitamins, hoping he will chime in.

megustatetas is offline Multi account's = Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    This is exactly what I was hoping to achieve by starting this thread. CO-Q10 ... I would have never guess because I don't even know what the hell that is, but now I can throw this on my spreadsheet and do some further research.

Megburn, I didn't see a link attachment. Would enjoy reading if you have it.
    that "Megburn" got me laughing.....

http://www.lef.org/protocols/heart_c...lerosis_01.htm
    not sure what happened to the first link but here is a different one that covers the same ground.

Quote Originally Posted by megustatetas View Post
    that "Megburn" got me laughing.....

http://www.lef.org/protocols/heart_c...lerosis_01.htm
    not sure what happened to the first link but here is a different one that covers the same ground.
    Thanks!!!

Thread Information