Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Brickhouse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    130

    Dr stopped TRT, feel ill, please help.

    In need of some help here guys.

    I was on 2 tubes of Testo-Gel per day and have been for some time, well started 7 months ago. Dr stopped me 7 days ago as said my bloods were ok so no need to continue. Well here I am 7 days after my last Testo-Gel.......I feel very tired, sad, moody, irritable, concentration is almost nothing......What do I do? If needs be I can get some Tamoxifen via my gym and use it as a PCT. Is this normal how I am feeling as in regards to Dr stopping my Testo-Gel?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    4,724
    Tell your "Doctor" you are getting an Attorney and you're going to sue him for malpractice!

    You're in HPTA shut down so stopping without any re-start therapy is criminal!

    No need to continue...what is he out of his f'n mind?

    You feel like you do because you crashed and probably won't recover.

    Find another Doctor RIGHT AWAY who understand TRT in men...don't wait...I am serious.

  3. #3
    xtitan1's Avatar
    xtitan1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    210
    LOL I'm stilling trying to get past the part where your Doc says the blood tests okay so we need to stop what we are doing. Logic fail.

  4. #4
    HRTstudent's Avatar
    HRTstudent is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickhouse View Post
    In need of some help here guys.

    I was on 2 tubes of Testo-Gel per day and have been for some time, well started 7 months ago. Dr stopped me 7 days ago as said my bloods were ok so no need to continue. Well here I am 7 days after my last Testo-Gel.......I feel very tired, sad, moody, irritable, concentration is almost nothing......What do I do? If needs be I can get some Tamoxifen via my gym and use it as a PCT. Is this normal how I am feeling as in regards to Dr stopping my Testo-Gel?
    Wow... pathetic.

    Report him to your state's medical board. He is prescribing drugs he knows nothing about... he doesn't even get the human physiology part behind this. Blows my mind how incompetent he is.

    Back to you, I've been where you are. It's hell. You need to do 2 things - get back on testogel if you can, and also find a new doctor that specializes in male TRT. Do not go back to this other doctor. At best, have him refill your Rx because you feel so poor and are suffering extreme withdrawal. Unfortunately, he DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THE TREATMENT HE IS PROVIDING YOU. Using logic and trying to teach him is a waste of your time. Try to get a refill and continue therapy and find a new doctor.

    Tamoxifen would help restore your natural testosterone faster than simply letting it recover on its own. 40mg per day at first and then 20mg daily seems to be common in the medical community. I don't recommend non-pharmacy drugs but let me tell you I had a doctor cut my therapy cold turkey and it was hell.

    (I am serious about reporting the doctor too. A letter will suffice.)

  5. #5
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,509
    I agree with everyone. Sue is ass but DONT go back to him. He really does not understand HRT or how testosterone therapy works at all. Really dont go back to him, he is an idiot and you are just a lab rat he does not care about or understand.

  6. #6
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    I've had this done to me before also.. It's a terrible feeling.....The first week or two weren't that bad for me....It was after a month when I really started feeling bad....I hope you can find a good doctor brickhouse!

  7. #7
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    what a fvucking slime! you've gotten good advice, i'd take it if i were you. good luck.

  8. #8
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    What? You mean we have to fill up our T-levels more than once a year...

  9. #9
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    What? You mean we have to fill up our T-levels more than once a year...
    Huh?? Trt is usually for life.. Hope you are just being sarcastic?

  10. #10
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Wow that is just awful & screams malpractice. I seriously hope the OP considers retaining a lawyer or at least consulting with one! Either way, find a new Doc and you'll be fine. Live & learn unfortunately...

  11. #11
    vinceproduction's Avatar
    vinceproduction is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Suburb of Detroit
    Posts
    179
    Great advice from all the guys as usual. Seriously do not go back to this guy. I had the same thing cold turkey from 300mg shots eow. Crashed hard, contemplated suicide. Got another doc who overdid the hcg and clomid didn't work. Finally fired him and went to the best. Dr Crisler. Check out his website and also read the stickies here. Don't lose hope. I'm feeling better than I did at 20 .

  12. #12
    edmundo22 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    451
    Think your doctor simply just doesn't know any better, or at all, maybe if you just educate him about what should be obvious backed up with notes from Dr.Crysler, Iv been of trt 2 months now and yes its no fun.

  13. #13
    Brickhouse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    130
    Thank you guys.

    Well I never knew I would feel this bad, it is like major depression. Feel so tired, irritable, no confidence etc. Called my Dr today and told him how I was feeling......He said that I will start to feel better soon and that I dont need Test anymore as my levels are 360 which to me is still very low, but there again I was 255. In the meantime I have made an appointment with another Dr but the earliest I can be seen is in a weeks time. I did get some Tamoxifen from the gym so may take it as really cant be feeling like this.

  14. #14
    xtitan1's Avatar
    xtitan1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    210
    Try to stay positive brother and make it to that next Doc appointment. 360 is too low and if you stop it's going to go lower, not stay the same. That makes zero sense. I still don't understand this.

    That's like saying "today you got enough calories, so stop eating for the rest of your life."

  15. #15
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac View Post
    Huh?? Trt is usually for life.. Hope you are just being sarcastic?
    Yes.

  16. #16
    xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by vinceproduction
    Great advice from all the guys as usual. Seriously do not go back to this guy. I had the same thing cold turkey from 300mg shots eow. Crashed hard, contemplated suicide. Got another doc who overdid the hcg and clomid didn't work. Finally fired him and went to the best. Dr Crisler. Check out his website and also read the stickies here. Don't lose hope. I'm feeling better than I did at 20 .
    Happy to see something good about Dr crisler he is getting ripped in another forum.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    4,724
    Why is he getting "ripped"?

  18. #18
    HRTstudent's Avatar
    HRTstudent is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickhouse View Post
    Thank you guys.

    Well I never knew I would feel this bad, it is like major depression. Feel so tired, irritable, no confidence etc. Called my Dr today and told him how I was feeling......He said that I will start to feel better soon and that I dont need Test anymore as my levels are 360 which to me is still very low, but there again I was 255. In the meantime I have made an appointment with another Dr but the earliest I can be seen is in a weeks time. I did get some Tamoxifen from the gym so may take it as really cant be feeling like this.
    Pathetic. He truly knows nothing about testosterone and the human body. Truly pathetic he is allowed to prescribe it.

    If I was in your shoes and I had tamoxifen I would take it at 40mg per day for a week then do 20mg per day for a couple weeks. But hopefully I would get in to see a real expert in male TRT ASAP. That's what you need.

    I know those symptoms you are having and its bad... it turned me into someone I simply am not.

  19. #19
    vinceproduction's Avatar
    vinceproduction is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Suburb of Detroit
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37

    Happy to see something good about Dr crisler he is getting ripped in another forum.
    Wow that's really sad. The guy really knows his stuff, and treats you on a case by case basis. There is no cookie cutter approach, which is refreshing I have to say. Plus he's a he'll of a guy.

    vinnietrt

  20. #20
    human project's Avatar
    human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,909
    Blog Entries
    2
    What was the name of the doctor you saw. Who is Dr. Chrysler?? Sorry I've been interested in finding a testosterone replacement doctor. How do I find a good one in my area?

  21. #21
    xtitan1's Avatar
    xtitan1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by human project View Post
    What was the name of the doctor you saw. Who is Dr. Chrysler?? Sorry I've been interested in finding a testosterone replacement doctor. How do I find a good one in my area?
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?488228-Finding-a-TRT-Physician#.UBuUHk1lTng

  22. #22
    LJS1968 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    More than normal (unfortunately)...expected!
    I was put on QD-QOD Androgel from 2003-6/13, and had been experiencing progressively intense hypogonadism, adropause and hyperaromatization symptoms. OSU MD would not change it or add AIs to it to manage these issues. RN-CNP started me on 100Mg IM cypionate Q2wks to start in 6/13. These issues promptly reversed...I was amazed (and grateful)! I went from 306ng/dL to 450ng/dL in 1-2 months, and was already starting to feel normal again! V.A. Endo MD then cut me completely off this TRT (without HcG or AIs) for 6wks. My test lab was 230ng/dl at the end of this time 13 weeks ago. My estrogen=70pg/mL, estradiol=16pg/mL (I suspect due to my sporadic use of PES Erase and Animal Stak, so I could function at all during this time) HGH=0.1mg/mL and 42ng/mL prolactin. The hell you describe is a portion of what I went (and am still going) through, despite resuming that TRT 7wks ago. Although I don't personally trust the quality of gear from guys at the gym (because who knows how much of what is in it), you might want to consider pursuing care from an Endo MD whom is trained in HRT/TRT before going that route.

    That's what I plan to do ASAP, because these symptoms are nuts (and making me feel like that too, since now mine seem gone anyway)!
    Last edited by LJS1968; 11-15-2013 at 12:06 AM.

  23. #23
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    ^^^ very old thread! and you lost me!

  24. #24
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Lol. I've done this a few times. I always look at dates now. The op has probably long since moved on.

  25. #25
    dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    978
    Hey man I know your pain. My EX doc stopped it because my free T was 1 point over normal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •