Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paleo + TRT = ???

Henryhill470 is offline Associate Member
    I am craving for a Pepsi MAX soooooooooo bad its killing me. This is the first thing since I have started to where I have been wanting something like this. Pray for me guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7AM
    8 egg whites 4 full eggs
    1 Banana
    1/2 cups of almonds

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    Try to eat a bit more Sea Salt with your Meals.. You are craving sodium and since ditching the crap foods, possibly not getting enough.. I was surprised when I learned how deficient I was too.. I also have/ had Hypertension and salt was the enemy.. Not anymore, pour it on... Should help with the cravings..

Lunch

Steak Fajitas
    The 3 flour tortillas tasted like something sent from the heavens !!!! But about an hour after lunch I felt like a 400lbs blimp. It took about 3 hours for that feeling to go away.

Dinner

Mushroom bottom, 97/3 lean ground beef
    Lettuce, onion and mustard.
    4 baked sweet potato frys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-1596608169.jpg  

I feel leaner and stronger today then I have in a long ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS time. Maybe it's a combination of everything working together????? But what ever it is I don't want it to stop.

12 days ago I would get up at 530AM and would drag asssssssss all day long. I would perk up a little around 5-7pm and make it through a work out at 9PM. now I feel like my energy is literally through the roof. It's 11:51PM right now and I'm not tired at all.

I would highly recommend trying this for 2 weeks, and watch the change. You have absolutely nothin to loose. People keep saying your gonna get weak and loose muscle. If you eat right and put in time at the gym it is full proof. I haven't even made it to 2 weeks yet and I LOVE IT.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    As long as your are getting enough carbs for daily brain function (which I believe is around 20-30), people should be fine. They usually complain of feeling like crap when they reduce carbs to next to nothing (trace carbs only).

I just got done doing this for a month. Definitely lost some fat. I was still lifting just as heavy too.

7AM
    12 eggs, cantaloupe, 4 oz of flank steak.

I FEEL AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by Henryhill470 View Post
    Lunch

Steak Fajitas
    The 3 flour tortillas tasted like something sent from the heavens !!!! But about an hour after lunch I felt like a 400lbs blimp. It took about 3 hours for that feeling to go away.
    Unfortunately, the ingredients in this will probably take about 10 days for your body to get rid of the crap.. What's your Payoff?

I just finished my Whole30 last week and over the weekend we had a family member from Minnesota visiting, she makes amazing Italian food... Up until Sunday I hadn't had any bread, grains, dairy, processed sugar, pasta, rice, etc... I had a plate full of all of it.. I cannot tell you how terrible I felt Sunday night and all day yesterday... I musta crapped 2lbs yesterday morning and couldn't get motivated if my life depended on it.. Today, I feel a bit better however my payoff for Sunday's decision to eat that is definitely one I will not forget... The plate of food actually really wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, the foods I was making on a daily basis had better flavor and to be honest I am quite upset at myself for divulging in it as I did. I wont do that again. It will probably take at least 2 weeks for my body to rid the Gluten etc from my body.. Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by 38onTRT
    I just finished my Whole30 last week and over the weekend we had a family member from Minnesota visiting, she makes amazing Italian food... Up until Sunday I hadn't had any bread, grains, dairy, processed sugar, pasta, rice, etc... I had a plate full of all of it.. I cannot tell you how terrible I felt Sunday night and all day yesterday... I musta crapped 2lbs yesterday morning and couldn't get motivated if my life depended on it.. Today, I feel a bit better however my payoff for Sunday's decision to eat that is definitely one I will not forget... The plate of food actually really wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, the foods I was making on a daily basis had better flavor and to be honest I am quite upset at myself for divulging in it as I did. I wont do that again. It will probably take at least 2 weeks for my body to rid the Gluten etc from my body.. Ugh...
    As bad as you felt, I bet you at least made someone happy by eating her food.

Unfortunately, the ingredients in this will probably take about 10 days for your body to get rid of the crap.. What's your Payoff?

I'm weak I tell you, I'm weak !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    As bad as you felt, I bet you at least made someone happy by eating her food.
    Didnt think about it that way.. Point taken,, thank you..

I'm weak I tell you, I'm weak !!!
    lol! No your're not! It IS ok to have the crap foods every once in a while, IMHO.. Just dont make it habitual.. Would have liked to see you go the whole 30-40 days without caving to see the full benefits of your program tho..

lol! No your're not! It IS ok to have the crap foods every once in a while, IMHO.. Just dont make it habitual.. Would have liked to see you go the whole 30-40 days without caving to see the full benefits of your program tho..
    I'm down 9 as of this morning. I don't think it will effect me that much at all. I fell big and lean and strong. I love it.

I'll add one thing. When (if) you start adding more carbs back (high quality), your muscles are gonna act like a sponge (at least mine did). I'm sure there is some scientific reason for it, but it was an awesome feeling of thickness.

Dinner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-4291436767.jpg  

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Hey man you are going to have to start posting receipes! Cmon Now!

kerplunk is offline New Member
    umm bread is not paleo dude...

haha just bustin ur balls

Quote Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post

There is "Paleo" Bread out there, and from the looks of the pic, it doesn't really look like standard bread.. However,, yea, what is that bro...? :/ I can bust his balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    Hey man you are going to have to start posting receipes! Cmon Now!
    I can post recipes all day long.. Not sure if this is the correct thread tho.. I make some of the best Paleo foods I am surprised at myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    I'll add one thing. When (if) you start adding more carbs back (high quality)
    Pretty sure he can eat any amount of carbs he chooses, ie Sweet potatoes, yams, fruit... Like you said "high quality" of course however I certainly do not restrict the amounts.. The way I do it is simple, on my days I eat more fruit, I eat less fat. Less fruit, more fat. Its working wonders for me, however someone else may be different.. The point is to get in tune with YOU and your body, once you know how it responds to the different feeding styles, the possibilities are endless for lean muscle growth and or fat loss....

Quote Originally Posted by kerplunk

It's not even close to REAL bread. But it is the healthiest brea imitation you can buy. I have 2 slice a week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-1835238687.jpg  

It's not even close to REAL bread. But it is the healthiest brea imitation you can buy. I have 2 slice a week.
    Perfect

careful, the paleo crowd are all down on grain and gluten.

I still eat popcorn and was told that its not paleo... F that, its a seed as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by kerplunk

I still eat popcorn and was told that its not paleo... F that, its a seed as far as I'm concerned.
    It's still a lot better then chips and dip !

Quote Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post

I say, whatever works for you and your body, go with it.. Fu k em and whatever people think too.. There's nothing wrong with divulging in some non paleo foods. As long as you know it's not and practice the basic principles then in my book you're good. It's called discipline. You know what you need to do for your body so screw what the diehard paleo people say..

GeriatricOne is offline Associate Member

I say, whatever works for you and your body, go with it.. Fu k em and whatever people think too.. There's nothing wrong with divulging in some non paleo foods. As long as you know it's not and practice the basic principles then in my book you're good. It's called discipline. You know what you need to do for your body so screw what the diehard paleo people say..
    I concur. Paleo is (should be) more a lifestyle than a dogma. Principles which inform your decisions. The truth is there are almost no "Paleolithic" foods today. Yet the Paleo purist love to identify non-Paleo foods and pick them apart. There is good and bad that can be said of any food source.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Everyone has different genetics and respond differently to different foods. I agree learn what you can handle and what your body best responds to and stick with that.

7AM
    Cantaloupe, strawberry and a banana.
    4oz of chicken breast

1PM
    10oz pork tenderloin
    Sweet potato
    Almonds

7PM
    16oz filet
    1 glass of red wine

10lbs as of today

Lunch..

Chicken Thighs cut into decent sizes pieces
    Red, Green, Yellow Bell Peppers also cut into big pieces
    Onion- Same as above
    Olive Oil or Coconut Oil- about a TBSP
    Mushrooms Whole
    Salt
    Pepper
    Smoked Paprika

Start off by cooking the chicken first for about 5 minutes, add everything else.
    Add Salt, Pepper, Paprika thoughout cooking.. Remember the Paprika as a little goes a long way.. Love this $hit!

Enjoy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0252[1].JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	475.7 KB 
ID:	134228

I ate Atlantic salmon last night with 1 sweet potato and a large salad. When I eat a big dinner like that I have a hard time wanting breakfast. I'm going to start fasting after dinner (around 7pm) and not eating till 11AM the next day.

I know some people say its not healthy and some say it is. The only way to truly know your body is to experiment. That's what we are all doing in some form !

Intermittent Fasting... I have been doing that for weight loss, supposedly it helps your body burn fat.

yup dinner at 7 and first meal at 11... or any other 16 hour combo.

I've been doing it for about 3 weeks.. Works great as long as you get enough sleep! Very important! If u don't sleep at least 8 hrs then you can forget it.. Workouts take a crap and everything else follows along.. I usually eat around 8pm then don't eat until 12-1 next day.. Have a big lunch and then a big dinner.. Try to eat 1000 healthy paleo calories each meal.. It's NOT easy.... You get full quick...

10AM
    10 egg whites 2 yolks
    Broccoli
    6oz grilled chicken breast.

12PM
    Heavy Chest Day
    Work out was amazing.

6:30PM
    8oz filet
    Large salad loaded with assorted peppers and onions

Banders is offline New Member
    Is paleo a good diet for substituting for a cutting or bulking diet?

IMHO..

Cutting yes, definitely! Bulking, I am not sure.. I suppose you could eat lots of Paleo Carbs and fruit etc however am unsure of the gains you'd see vs. a non Paleo, traditional Western Diet... I have never been a bodybuilder or have done that type of bulking required so I am shooting from the hip here.. As far as I am concerned and sorta going off "bro-science" here, I would say you would be G2G bulking too, as long as you stick to Paleo carb type foods and eat a $hit ton of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Banders
    Is paleo a good diet for substituting for a cutting or bulking diet?
    I think it can be used for a clean bulk. If that makes sense. People sometimes think by eating everything under the sun (I used to be included) is good to get big. But it will all depend on what you want your results to be. In my case I want to lean out and be a solid 225 with 10-12%BF. great goal for me to shoot for. (I'm 6'2")

Until now I never realize how much your diet can actually change your body. Wether or not you believe in Paleo, just try 14 days with absolutely no processed food and watch what happens to your body. Not just weight loss, but less bloat, harder muscles, more energy, I feel sharper at work and increased libido.

I'm sure everyone reading this is already to 5-7%bf anyways so it doesn't matter. lol. But I still am shocked each day I wake up up how much better I feel. This Wednesday will be a full 3 weeks and 15lbs down.

kruno1970 is offline Junior Member
    Great thread. Keep it going.

Just started trt 2 months ago and now want to improve my diet. Paleo seems to be the way too go. Want to still put muscle on and I don't see why not with all the protein and fat intake. Should be fairly attainable.

The one question I have, does organic greek yogurt with fruits and nuts fit into this diet?

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kruno1970 View Post
    Great thread. Keep it going.

Just started trt 2 months ago and now want to improve my diet. Paleo seems to be the way too go. Want to still put muscle on and I don't see why not with all the protein and fat intake. Should be fairly attainable.

The one question I have, does organic greek yogurt with fruits and nuts fit into this diet?
    Yogurt is not a paleo food as it is dairy. You don't have to follow paleo 100% many do a 80/20 or 85/15, ex. 80% paleo and can sneak in 20% grains or dairy. Tough to do 100% paleo you run out of foods and difficult with our fast lifestyles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information