Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FRDave

Thread: Input please First Labs since starting TRT

  1. #1
    rustyjames's Avatar
    rustyjames is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Tejas
    Posts
    44

    Input please First Labs since starting TRT

    Started my TRT 14 weeks ago. Was put on 100mg a week. I started out with 1 weekly injection then switched 5 weeks ago to 60mg every mon and thurs(Dr told me I could vary my dose slightly if i wanted, so I did). no ai no hcg

    Age 45
    height 6'2
    weight 183 (174 before)
    BF 10% (13% before)

    Was feeling great, libido was off the chart and saw great physical results right up to when I upped my dose and switched to 2 injections a week. After that I Started to drag a bit, libido backed off a little but physically I still was making gains and losing BF. My T got high(1202) and E2(41) and my BP went up from 130/45 to 150/68. Started getting really hot and sweaty really easily, very abnormal for me.

    So, Dr has me Cutting my dose to 40mg twice a week, Vit D 10,000, pregnenolone 60mg, DHEA 50mg and recheck everything in 8 weeks. Hopefully that takes care of my E2, BP and other levels. To be honest I expected these lab results after feeling the way I did, But the alarming thing to me is my adrenals. For which the Dr. prescribed me hydrocortisone 5mg x 3 a day. She said this is not caused by the Test and I had to be like this before. She said people have dropped dead from levels this low and was surprised I didn't feel like complete crap. So what's the deal with the adrenals? What can cause this? Any comments on the rest of my labs? Any and ALL input and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.


    Hemoglobin................5.5.......<5.7 % of total Hgb
    Vit d, 25-OH, total.......38.......30-100 ng/ml
    TSH.........................1.32.......0.40-4.50 mIU/L
    T4, FREE...................1.0.......0.8-1.8 ng/dL
    T3, FREE....................2.7.......2.3-4.2pg/mL
    IGF 1, LC/MS..............225.......52-328ng/mL
    Z score (male)..........1.0.......-2.0 - +2.0 SD
    Pregnen. LC/MS/MS....<5L.......13-208 ng/dL
    white blood................9.3.......3.8-10.8 thousand/uL
    red blood.................4.72.......4.2-5.8 million/uL
    hemoglobin .............14.2.......13.2-17.1 g/dL
    MCV.......................92.2.......80-100 fL
    MCH.......................30.2.......27-33 pg
    MCHC .....................32.7.......32-36 g/dL
    Cortisol, total...........<0.5 L mcg/dL (collected at 10:07am)
    reference range: for 8am(7-9 am) specimen: 4.0-22.0
    reference range: for 4pm(3-5 pm) specimen: 3.0-17.0
    DHEA sulfate............88.......45-345 mcg/dL
    Estradiol, total..........41H.......< OR = 39 pg/mL
    PSA, total................1.0.......<OR = 4.0 ng/mL
    Test, tota................1202 H.......250-1100 ng/dL
    Test, free................209.4H.......35.0-155.0 pg/mL

  2. #2
    rustyjames's Avatar
    rustyjames is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Tejas
    Posts
    44
    anybody?

  3. #3
    100%'s Avatar
    100% is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    378
    How was your Cortisol tested? She Needs to look at your thyroid your t3 and t4 are barley in range.

  4. #4
    rustyjames's Avatar
    rustyjames is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Tejas
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    How was your Cortisol tested? She Needs to look at your thyroid your t3 and t4 are barley in range.
    Blood test not saliva. It has an "EN" in the column under "LAB". Does this designate how it was tested?
    Last edited by rustyjames; 06-28-2013 at 01:32 PM.

  5. #5
    100%'s Avatar
    100% is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    378
    Test is relative to when you normally get up and go to bed. Could be lab error but should be recheck either way. What were your baseline test results? You can also ask for a adrenocorticotropic hormone test.
    Last edited by 100%; 06-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.

  6. #6
    rustyjames's Avatar
    rustyjames is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Tejas
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Test is relative to when you normally get up and go to bed. Could be lab error but should be recheck either way. What were your baseline test results? You can also ask for a adrenocorticotropic hormone test.
    Yeah, I noticed the timing based ranges, my sleep schedule is really off at the moment, wonder if and how that could effect these results. Baseline test wasn't done for cortisol, Brought Dr labs from pre-op physical I did, for whatever reason it didn't include it. I'll ask for the adrenocorticotropic hormone test if this will give me more info or accurate results. Appreciate the help.

  7. #7
    rustyjames's Avatar
    rustyjames is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Tejas
    Posts
    44
    Question about some of my symptoms. I get really hot and sweaty easily now, I've never been like this before. Is this normally associated with high E2 and/or higher blood pressure?

  8. #8
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    getting hot and sweaty is normal when you are new to TRT, it happened to most of us, but it'll go away once your body adjust to the new hormones. cutting your dose is a good first step, no need to have your free and total T out of range, its a chain reaction effect, one hormone gets out of whack and something else get effected. thyroid seems to be okay but not good as 100% noted, perhaps further testing is needed if you want to know why your T3 and T4 are in the lower range.

  9. #9
    rustyjames's Avatar
    rustyjames is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Tejas
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    getting hot and sweaty is normal when you are new to TRT, it happened to most of us, but it'll go away once your body adjust to the new hormones. cutting your dose is a good first step, no need to have your free and total T out of range, its a chain reaction effect, one hormone gets out of whack and something else get effected. thyroid seems to be okay but not good as 100% noted, perhaps further testing is needed if you want to know why your T3 and T4 are in the lower range.
    Well that's good to know, because this hot and sweaty thing really sucks. My Dr said we'd deal with my thyroid after got my T and cortisol in range. I'm starting to feel like a walking Biology experiment.

  10. #10
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    I'll touch on your DHEA. You're supplementing but it's still in the toilet. Are you using a micronized product?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  11. #11
    rustyjames's Avatar
    rustyjames is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Tejas
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I'll touch on your DHEA. You're supplementing but it's still in the toilet. Are you using a micronized product?
    I wasn't supplementing it when the labs were taken, Dr started me on them after she saw the results. how do I know if it's micronized? I take "designs for health" DHEA 25 mg twice a day. Any particular micronized product you recommend?

  12. #12
    FRDave's Avatar
    FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyjames

    I wasn't supplementing it when the labs were taken, Dr started me on them after she saw the results. how do I know if it's micronized? I take "designs for health" DHEA 25 mg twice a day. Any particular micronized product you recommend?
    I use LEF branded micronized DHEA and have verified its legit via blood work. Cheapest I found is on eBay and was dropped shipped directly from LEF.
    rustyjames likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •