Like Tree3Likes

Thread: how to find the right Dr.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jay adams is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoink View Post
    Jay I tried to pm you but I'm to new.. maybe you can send me one. I got insurance who can you refer me to
    Thats the thing brotha, Im on a waiting list too through my insurance. Did you ask your doctor to refer you to a Endo? I called a few in LA but they want cash. I was in dire need of treatment to get my hormones balanced ASAP.

I wish I could help. The one I have now is amazing. He goes to conferences all over with other endos. He charges 500 a month unless you go through lowt then it's the 200. You'd prob be sent to him if you used lowt. He's in Santa Barbara. He reminds me of Obi Won Kenobi. I just spend my old monthly beer money on getting healthy and quit drinking.haha
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jay adams View Post
    Thats the thing brotha, Im on a waiting list too through my insurance. Did you ask your doctor to refer you to a Endo? I called a few in LA but they want cash. I was in dire need of treatment to get my hormones balanced ASAP.

I wish I could help. The one I have now is amazing. He goes to conferences all over with other endos. He charges 500 a month unless you go through lowt then it's the 200. You'd prob be sent to him if you used lowt. He's in Santa Barbara. He reminds me of Obi Won Kenobi. I just spend my old monthly beer money on getting healthy and quit drinking.haha
    yeah im poor now too..on horizon medicaid plan, and copays are free and test is free too...it'd be a shame to have to go through lowt. I actually made an internet friend on another board that offered to pay for a consult for me for either shippen or harry fish..but ill try my current doc first..but idk if my urologist will prescribe me trt in case the hcg im on fails. He also has said some concerning things like not testing estradiol, and that cholesterol checks on younger guys are unheard of. I did get him to write up estradiol though....and will pres for it if i decide to go on trt with him. Ill also insist on once a week with a minimum of 100 mg per week. He might not prescribe an ai though..but i could always take zinc or order from a reputable source(prob nott though since im paranoid).

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    yeah im poor now too..on horizon medicaid plan, and copays are free and test is free too...it'd be a shame to have to go through lowt. I actually made an internet friend on another board that offered to pay for a consult for me for either shippen or harry fish..but ill try my current doc first..but idk if my urologist will prescribe me trt in case the hcg im on fails. He also has said some concerning things like not testing estradiol, and that cholesterol checks on younger guys are unheard of. I did get him to write up estradiol though....and will pres for it if i decide to go on trt with him. Ill also insist on once a week with a minimum of 100 mg per week. He might not prescribe an ai though..but i could always take zinc or order from a reputable source(prob nott though since im paranoid).
    I know you know your stuff powerlifterty16. Don't you have some family or friends that are endocrinologists? That would be great if you can get him to work with you.
    Im taking zinc and copper as well. Im trying to be AI free.
    Man I hope I can find one that will take my insurance after my twelve months is up. Im gonna look like crazy for the remainder of my contract.

Tell that doc your nips are itching and hurting a couple days after you start. Thats what I did and I think my reg doc is gonna prescribe me arimidex . Even though I don't need it from her now.
    Last edited by jay adams; 06-28-2013 at 11:51 PM.

I know you know your stuff powerlifterty16. Don't you have some family or friends that are endocrinologists? That would be great if you can get him to work with you.
    Im taking zinc and copper as well. Im trying to be AI free.
    Man I hope I can find one that will take my insurance after my twelve months is up. Im gonna look like crazy for the remainder of my contract.

Tell that doc your nips are itching and hurting a couple days after you start. Thats what I did and I think my reg doc is gonna prescribe me arimidex. Even though I don't need it from her now.
    my dad has an old highschool friend who is a urologist but the guy is one of the worst docs ive ever met, and scolded me for trying to go on trt with a level o 277 at 19..my current level is 339 at 23, but i didnt feel like telling him that so told him 277. He also called my dr a quack for prescribing hcg . guy is an idiot. My dad has drs for clients..one being an oncologist but i really doubt an oncologist would be involved with trt..
    im seeing an endo in august though....going to have her test my thyroid, recheck my test and other levels, and then go from there. She went to a foreign medical school, but she has good reviews from patients, and supposedly deals with reproductive endocronology. Depending on how she treats me, ill go back to my urologist. Medicaid is pretty good insurance....it was very frustrating when i had oxford paying 50 dollar copays for idiotic docs.

my dad has an old highschool friend who is a urologist but the guy is one of the worst docs ive ever met, and scolded me for trying to go on trt with a level o 277 at 19..my current level is 339 at 23, but i didnt feel like telling him that so told him 277. He also called my dr a quack for prescribing hcg . guy is an idiot. My dad has drs for clients..one being an oncologist but i really doubt an oncologist would be involved with trt..
    im seeing an endo in august though....going to have her test my thyroid, recheck my test and other levels, and then go from there. She went to a foreign medical school, but she has good reviews from patients, and supposedly deals with reproductive endocronology. Depending on how she treats me, ill go back to my urologist. Medicaid is pretty good insurance....it was very frustrating when i had oxford paying 50 dollar copays for idiotic docs.
    What's going on with the hcg? It's been a few weeks hasn't it? Have you checked your test yet?

What's going on with the hcg? It's been a few weeks hasn't it? Have you checked your test yet?
    im checking it on july 18th. My doc didnt even want to run blood..he pretty much wanted to give me the hcg and never deal with me again..probably because im on medicaid....but i told him to run blood with estradiol....so i have a script. He originally wrote the script for august, but i wanted to check my labs a few days after my last shot(july 15) so iasked the secretary for a july one, and she let me keep both scripts so ill probably use the second one in september to make sure my levels hold....since im going to have the endo check me in august.

im checking it on july 18th. My doc didnt even want to run blood..he pretty much wanted to give me the hcg and never deal with me again..probably because im on medicaid....but i told him to run blood with estradiol....so i have a script. He originally wrote the script for august, but i wanted to check my labs a few days after my last shot(july 15) so iasked the secretary for a july one, and she let me keep both scripts so ill probably use the second one in september to make sure my levels hold....since im going to have the endo check me in august.
    Very smart! Im interested to hear how this unfolds for you. Gotta love science experiments.haha

Thread Information