Beethoven is offline Productive Member

HCG and weight training

I have noticed since being on HCG that I've only dropped about 7 lbs in about three weeks. (One week without HCG ) I have dropped a waist size and am making gains every week. Anyone else experience this? But weight loss has slowed and I'm on a calorie deficit. I thought it would be faster with HCG.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    HCG has nothing to do with weight loss. The HCG diet is nothing more than marketing as you are eating 500 calories a day, thus a huge calorie deficient.

You are loosing nearly 2lbs a week. That's great if you ask me. I have always shot for 1lb a week and have been happy.

I'm used to dropping a bit faster. I'm not on the HCG diet. I'm on a regular bb diet of 5 meals a day and watching my macros. It's still early though. If I'm not dropping weight but my waist keeps getting smaller I guess that's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    I have noticed since being on HCG that I've only dropped about 7 lbs in about three weeks. (One week without HCG ) I have dropped a waist size and am making gains every week. Anyone else experience this? But weight loss has slowed and I'm on a calorie deficit. I thought it would be faster with HCG.
    hcg literally was like steroids for me..i made insane gains in the gym..i was only on it for 6 weeks but it was magic. i aspire to be a fat sloppy powerlifter though so not on a cut(ok im not serious but im maintaining my weight right now trying to get a little leaner and gain strength and it worked although i put on a few pounds)ate less

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    When I drop the weight too fast I always loose my strength gains right along with it which is why I shoot for 1lb a week. Either way, sounds like your doing good so I would keep doing what your doing and slightly adjust your calorie deficient and/or add/up the cardio once you stall.

Yeah my cardio is only at 25 mins right now so well see. I have been making some good gains every week. Then again, after an injury timeout my body always seems to gain some back pretty quick. Bright side, shoulder feels really good.

Thread Information