Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Depressed/anxiety??

miker295 is offline New Member
    Is there a second page of the blood work that needs to be posted as well? I see page one, but not page 2. I ask because I only see a Total Test level on there of 668. That is a pretty good level but I imagine folks here would also want to see Free Test and E2 (Estrodiol) to get a full read. Can you also post your age and the aprox time of day you had the blood drawn?

RUDY 6 is offline New Member
    Thanks Beethoven. I appreciate it...when u say your anxiety depression came from drug use? Can you eloborate?

I was 26 175 5'6" when got blood work done

Miker, the stuff on the second page is just so bs about like baby stuff pre mature, term, blah blah blah... Again I got these results this past summer Nd the chiro office ha a crnp go over them. And I'm pretty sure I had the estro checked also but not sure where the info is...

Miker, had blood drawn at like 730 am and I fasted.

miker295 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RUDY 6 View Post
    Miker, had blood drawn at like 730 am and I fasted.
    Okay, well that's the right time of day and conditions, so the Test result should be good. I didn't see an Estradiol value on the page so take a second look or call the doc back and maybe it's on another sheet somewhere. If you don't have that then you may need another test.

Based just on the Test result, you don't have low T. However you could be in the same exact boat I am, whereby the T looks fine but the Free T and E2 are proportionally off. In my case, I had a T reading around 700 but my Free T was on the lower of the scale and and E2 on the higher end. This seems to be consistent with my symptoms of struggling to lose weight and thus being in the dumps because of that.

In my case I've chosen to raise the T even higher and take an anti estrogen to counteract the E2. However as I said earlier it's been a bit of a roller coaster for me too, so I can't say yet if I'm doing the right thing. It seems like I'm going in the right direction though.

If you can't find more specific results, I'd definitely suggest further testing. Also just FYI, if you go in anyplace to inquire about low T they will almost certainly require an updated blood test anyway.

If tests or treatment are not in the cards or if you want to try a less invasive path first, then put together a 30 day program that includes some lifting, some cardio and most of all, a healthy diet low in sugar, caffeine and other stimulants. Stick with it for a full 30 days and if you feel no improvement, then T may be the way to go. In my case, I had been off of almost all sugar for over 2 years with a solid exercise regimen before I determined to go this route.

Most importantly, keep at it!

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Thanks Beethoven. I appreciate it...when u say your anxiety depression came from drug use? Can you eloborate?
    Not sure how in depth I'm allowed to go but suffice it to say it was in the uppers spectrum. The "Tony Montana Scarface" type of stuff. It wrecked havoc on my body. I actually found myself in an ER twice which was my Que. to stop. My nervousness system was way out of whack after that. When we're young we tend to think we are indestructible. I was able to overcome it but without the meds it would have been impossible. But that said it also takes a strong will and determination to come off the meds after a time. I refer to it as "resetting" your body AND mind. You have to know the triggers that set it off and how to deal with them. It took me a while but I overcame it.

Ok Beethoven I appreciate your reply as well as yours too miker. The estradiol and free test I may have to get retested for. Who should I got to to over look my bloodwork? Or order it for that matter.
    Beethoven I've never did any Montana, lol I was using eca most recently, definitely gets you going but honestly it never felt there. But hey I dunno I'm just ready to get back to my old self. Not sure. If you guys know about qigong but I've been doing this type of excercises here and there. It's ok. Anyone know anything about adrenaline and lack there of ? May have stumbled across some literature stating that decrease of adrenaline is a bad thing.. Any input?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Qigong, tai chi, meditation are all good things and will help. Get your BW done and your hormones balanced as well.

MyteeJ is offline Associate Member
    MyteeJ,
    In relation to what you said above, do you feel the try has helped you? Has it controlled your "tailspin"? As weird as this seems
    But what did you do to conquer yourself?
    TRT has been an important part of a healthier life and feeling better for me.

Starting the protocol was an excuse to go to the gym. I was lacking energy prior but after thinking about how much I spend on TRT, I felt an obligation to get the most out of it. More exercise led to improved energy and the results in the gym showed quickly. Strength improvement and the way I looked took shape fast (in my opinion). A few months later I got serious about diet. I was undernourished because I kept calories low previously to avoid getting "fat". Simply stated, better diet helped with the gym, mood, and the big one.....sleep :-) After diet, I sharpened up vitamins and other supplements like adding BCAA's to pre workout. Today, I eat clean, hit the gym 7 days a week and I have the job I had been seeking for 5 years. It's more than TRT as you well know from the feedback you receive from the guys here. Point is, it took time but I stayed patient and the results were far beyond what I expected and hoped for.

To answer your question directly, I kicked myself in the ass to get moving again. As Red from Shawshank Redemption said 'Get busy living or get busy dying". I chose to to live and I mean that in the truest sense - not just shuffling through life and getting by but enjoying things to the fullest when possible. If you want it - it's out there for you but you have to want it bad enough.

You can overcome/manage anxiety, depression, etc. In my case, I had been at one point medicated heavily with benzos, SSRI's, opiates, and for good measure I threw alcohol on top of it.

Work with a good doc and realize that you may have to get dialed in per what Beethoven said. "You got this" so now be patient, do the work, and the benefits will come.

J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information