Like Tree84Likes

Thread: No More Insurance for TRT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    ^^^^^another great post! The government should with out a doubt be in charge of defense and monetary policy/currency. Other than that, most every other service should be farmed out to the private sector. Oh how interesting it would be if the private sector and free enterprise were able to compete for the rest of the services???
    Hmmm. Interesting idea. Let's privatize the Police and Fire Departments and see how that works out. How about putting the National Highway System up for grabs too? No more State Troopers. Make it all private. Let's sell 911 to the highest bidders in each town. Which private ambulance unit will get the calls? Sell all the school systems too, while we're at it. Might want to re-think this one.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting idea. Let's privatize the Police and Fire Departments and see how that works out. How about putting the National Highway System up for grabs too? No more State Troopers. Make it all private. Let's sell 911 to the highest bidders in each town. Which private ambulance unit will get the calls? Sell all the school systems too, while we're at it. Might want to re-think this one.
    If the private sector had control of these areas, the companies that did the best job would get the job. That's how it's always worked...business that do poorly and provide poor service go out of business. But when there's no competition, you're stuck with what you got. And in my opinion, the examples you used, they're not doing a stellar job to begin with.
    badrad123 likes this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    If the private sector had control of these areas, the companies that did the best job would get the job. That's how it's always worked...business that do poorly and provide poor service go out of business. But when there's no competition, you're stuck with what you got. And in my opinion, the examples you used, they're not doing a stellar job to begin with.
    Metalject funny you should say that but that is exactly the problem with government, no competition. This administration spent what about 900 mil on this Obamacare and website? They had about four years to implement and it is still a fiasco? What private sector business would survive that way? Government is always preaching that we should live within our means. The government never lives within its means.
    badrad123 likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah maybe we could get back to when cops served the public instead of being debt collectors and strong arm militia. At one time when the work police was mentioned there was a sense of pride. Now when police is mentioned there is fear and un-trust felt.

Most of the fire department us to be voluntary but they have lost near 1/2 of their man power due to regulation and cutting out anyone wanting to volunteer.
    Beethoven and j2048b like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yeah maybe we could get back to when cops served the public instead of being debt collectors and strong arm militia. At one time when the work police was mentioned there was a sense of pride. Now when police is mentioned there is fear and un-trust felt.

Most of the fire department us to be voluntary but they have lost near 1/2 of their man power due to regulation and cutting out anyone wanting to volunteer.
    I've often been amazed at how the idea of police officers has morphed into what it is. It is the standing army the founders vehemently opposed. There was warning after warning against giving up your freedom to protect and defend yourself as well as your right to liberty and entrusting it to the government, but that's exactly what we've done. But it's not the police themselves that's to blame, we've allowed it, we've welcomed it. We still call police public servants but by what definition is a servant above the people they serve? And that applies to all forms of so-called public service, not just the police. The police has grown beyond the individual, the individual is now the servant but the police is merely an arm of the larger ruler, the government, which should always be a rung below the people. We have flipped it around and destroyed the idea that was intended.
    Beethoven, lovbyts and j2048b like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've often been amazed at how the idea of police officers has morphed into what it is. It is the standing army the founders vehemently opposed. There was warning after warning against giving up your freedom to protect and defend yourself as well as your right to liberty and entrusting it to the government, but that's exactly what we've done. But it's not the police themselves that's to blame, we've allowed it, we've welcomed it. We still call police public servants but by what definition is a servant above the people they serve? And that applies to all forms of so-called public service, not just the police. The police has grown beyond the individual, the individual is now the servant but the police is merely an arm of the larger ruler, the government, which should always be a rung below the people. We have flipped it around and destroyed the idea that was intended.
    And we will probably follow the same track ever nation and empire in history who has done this because we seem incapable of learning from our or others past. We will fall if we dont change things around. Only problem is I fear we have gone past the point of turning it around without the intevention of a natural global disaster. I say natural because I dont think the public is strong enough to stand up for what is right and wrong anymore. They have been manipulated and softened over time to where we to comfortable to make a stand afraid of loosing what they have and will just continue to loose it little by little.
    j2048b likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    And we will probably follow the same track ever nation and empire in history who has done this because we seem incapable of learning from our or others past. We will fall if we dont change things around. Only problem is I fear we have gone past the point of turning it around without the intevention of a natural global disaster. I say natural because I dont think the public is strong enough to stand up for what is right and wrong anymore. They have been manipulated and softened over time to where we to comfortable to make a stand afraid of loosing what they have and will just continue to loose it little by little.
    We are without a doubt at the point of no return, at least as it stands. You're right, it would take a disaster for things to change, and that's unfortunate. A natural disaster or man made, I don't think it makes a difference. Actually, a man made one might be better if we consider our history. Think about it....after 9/11 most Americans felt united and the mindset begin to gradually change. But it wasn't enough, the disaster and threat wasn't enough to make it last. If we look back at our history, it has always been in instances of our safety and liberty at stake in a blatant way. For whatever reason, as a whole, we seem to be blinded when liberty is slowly and methodically taken away.

But it is always in disaster that we seem to turn things around unlike other places around the world. I do not know why that is, I honestly don't have a good answer for it. But I've been fortunate to have many friends from all over the world, and the mindset we have here is very unique.

I do believe there is still hope and I do believe there are still good people, but the point of no return without disaster may already very well be here.

Thread Information