dirkmcgirk is offline Junior Member

Does this clinic look legit? also have a question about getting TRT through military

Home

Am I wasting my time be even pursuing a TRT through the military? I hear they only give out gel anyway or patches anyway. I went to the urologist and he said I probably don't have it despite being on the low end of normal, just like you guys said. He is referring me to endo which I will probably have to beg to even get androgel . If the TRT cost about between 1500-2000 a year I can easily afford that so should I just end this war of futility and go directly to a clinic?

In the DC area.

Testosterone SERUM 411 <r> ng/dL 250-1100

Testosterone Free SERUM 71.1 pg/mL 35.0-155.0

jomamma007 is offline Member
    Your free t is what's important and it's mid range.
    Most wouldn't have a problem with those levels.
    You should get a more detailed blood panel of possible.

What kinda symptoms are you experiencing

Libido mainly
    I seem to be having a killer time getting my body fat down as quickly despite me having a better diet than i did at 25 and 30
    Tired
    Libido again

age 35 btw

bump

jwh7699 is offline Member
    I get my Testosterone through the Military, but my starting levels were much lower. Total T was: 153.

I get Test Cypionate and inject it myself. For the first year they had me go to clinic and they would inject for me. After some convincing I was allowed to do it myself.

My prescription says 400mg of Test Cyp every 2 weeks, but I modified it on my own to 100mg twice a week.

My Dr. there is a real pain about getting proper Blood Work done that I request. I've had to use outside lab testing several times to get the labs I needed.

You have to be a little pushy with them. Jump through some of their hoops. In the end, educate yourself by reading the information posted on this website and be your own advocate.

Best of Luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwh7699 View Post
    I get my Testosterone through the Military, but my starting levels were much lower. Total T was: 153.

I get Test Cypionate and inject it myself. For the first year they had me go to clinic and they would inject for me. After some convincing I was allowed to do it myself.

My prescription says 400mg of Test Cyp every 2 weeks, but I modified it on my own to 100mg twice a week.

My Dr. there is a real pain about getting proper Blood Work done that I request. I've had to use outside lab testing several times to get the labs I needed.

You have to be a little pushy with them. Jump through some of their hoops. In the end, educate yourself by reading the information posted on this website and be your own advocate.

Best of Luck!!
    It's funny my wife graduated top 1/3 of her class in a top 5 med school and i showed her my numbers and she said the same thing my internist said, "you're normal". it's like endos and uros spend absolutely no time studying this stuff. irritates me that lay people have a better understanding of this than they do.

jwh7699 is offline Member
    Normal levels are different for everybody. It really depends on how you feel.

I'm at 939 total T now and I feel comfortable with that.

Testosterone was very Taboo years ago. With all the Baby Boomers demanding it now, hopefully more Drs. will be get better educated on the subject, and we will benefit from it too!

Thread Information