Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Rock Chalk's Avatar
    Rock Chalk is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44

    Wife wants baby, Doc making me stop TRT

    So my wife and I recently went to a fertility doctor to see why she is having problems getting pregnant. She did get pregnant a few years ago but it was ectopic and had to be terminated. Anyway, she set us up for this fertility doctor that her OBGYN recommended we go see. They did a semen analysis on me, even though they knew I was on TRT, and my numbers came back extremely low. I did not have an analysis done before I started TRT.

    Concentration: 1.4 M/ml Normal Values: >15M
    Total Count: 1.4 M/Specimen Normal Values: >39M
    Total Motile Sperm: .49 M/Specimen Normal Values: >15M

    Currently taking 150mg/week of Cyp, 500mg/week HCG and Arimidex as needed. Anyway, they ordered me off of all Test, HCG and Arimidex and then I need to re-test in 2 months. I plan on starting Nolva and Clomid soon since I am almost 2 weeks past last injection. I hate to stop after only 4 months on TRT, but I really have no choice at this point. I know the tests will probably come back similar, but I gotta try and make the wife happy.

  2. #2
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,589
    Did your doc bring up HMG at all in conjunction with HCG as a possible way of remaining on TRT during this?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  3. #3
    Rock Chalk's Avatar
    Rock Chalk is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    No. All she said was that I needed to stop everything until I got re=tested. After I re-test she said I can jump back on the HCG .

  4. #4
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,589
    Do some research on it and bring it up to your doc if you feel the need. Always good to have options...
    And best of luck!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  5. #5
    Rock Chalk's Avatar
    Rock Chalk is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    Well, I can definitely tell a difference not taking the Cyp and HCG after only 2 weeks. I'm willing to sacrifice for the wife though so well see what the doctor says. I guess the good part in all of this is that I may find the underlying cause of my low testosterone . Wife thinks it's from past steroid use and not using ancillaries...at least not consistently. Last cycle was 4-5 years ago...if not longer. Although I did use M-Drol a few times with no ancillaries, so who knows. Thanks for the responses Kel.

  6. #6
    yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    155
    Zinc is also a good sup for motility and tail strength of semen either buy it or eat pepitas seeds; and sex/masturbation every two days if you can; to help regeneration; 12 year's ivf/fertility treatment 3 kids kater

  7. #7
    j2048b is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    249
    Yup id go with hmg, or hell i coupled hcg along w clomid and knocked the wife up and was still on trt....

  8. #8
    Rock Chalk's Avatar
    Rock Chalk is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    I think they want to rule out any natural causes. I never had a semen analysis done before i started TRT so I have no idea if the low count is realated to TRT or not. They want me off the HCG because it mimics LH....and they want to test my natural LH levels and FSH levels. The HCG will interfere with my LH readings. After they test, she said I could go back on it.

  9. #9
    mkt_cycle's Avatar
    mkt_cycle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
    Well, I can definitely tell a difference not taking the Cyp and HCG after only 2 weeks. I'm willing to sacrifice for the wife though so well see what the doctor says. I guess the good part in all of this is that I may find the underlying cause of my low testosterone. Wife thinks it's from past steroid use and not using ancillaries...at least not consistently. Last cycle was 4-5 years ago...if not longer. Although I did use M-Drol a few times with no ancillaries, so who knows. Thanks for the responses Kel.
    Hang in there.... I came off for a year while trying to get the wife pregnant. Was on Clomid but it really didn't do much. Good luck w/ everything.

  10. #10
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    I'm far from a fertility expert but I fail to see the reason why a doctor would take someone off TRT for the purpose you mentioned - when there are available solutions to the problem. Kel suggested hMG - which is a good one. Another suggestion would be pure fSH - coupled with hCG . Why is it not possible for a man to remain on TRT and supplement the hormonal analogues of a fully functioning male which I would think lead to pregnancy - barring any other interference? Many men on this forum have reported getting pregnant on hCG alone! These three things together are what a young healthy male's body makes by itself. Doesn't make sense. Someone, please enlighten me.

  11. #11
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    I'm far from a fertility expert but I fail to see the reason why a doctor would take someone off TRT for the purpose you mentioned - when there are available solutions to the problem. Kel suggested hMG - which is a good one. Another suggestion would be pure fSH - coupled with hCG. Why is it not possible for a man to remain on TRT and supplement the hormonal analogues of a fully functioning male which I would think lead to pregnancy - barring any other interference? Many men on this forum have reported getting pregnant on hCG alone! These three things together are what a young healthy male's body makes by itself. Doesn't make sense. Someone, please enlighten me.
    Taking someone off of TRT makes sense when we consider a lot of physicians have no rational understanding of testosterone . You have to remember many physicians view the stuff as one step above poison or at the very least a dangerous substance. I've heard several doctors over the years tell a patient that they're going to give them a shot of testosterone and hopefully that will be enough to fix their problem, that will will get their body primed and working right again. All this from a single shot. And then the one injection every two to three weeks methods, a lot of it is due to a fear of giving testosterone too often, why? Because it's testosterone, which is a steroid and as such has to be bad. This may all sound ridiculous and it may very well be but that's not the point. Ridiculous or not that's the thinking by many doctors. Thankfully that's becoming less and less true as time goes by but it's still a fight and struggle for a lot of physicians.

  12. #12
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Taking someone off of TRT makes sense when we consider a lot of physicians have no rational understanding of testosterone. You have to remember many physicians view the stuff as one step above poison or at the very least a dangerous substance. I've heard several doctors over the years tell a patient that they're going to give them a shot of testosterone and hopefully that will be enough to fix their problem, that will will get their body primed and working right again. All this from a single shot. And then the one injection every two to three weeks methods, a lot of it is due to a fear of giving testosterone too often, why? Because it's testosterone, which is a steroid and as such has to be bad. This may all sound ridiculous and it may very well be but that's not the point. Ridiculous or not that's the thinking by many doctors. Thankfully that's becoming less and less true as time goes by but it's still a fight and struggle for a lot of physicians.
    Thanks, LowT. The answer was staring me in the face. How many incompetent doctors have we heard about on this forum? This is just one more.

    RockChalk,
    Next suggestion: Find a doctor who knows what he/she is doing. One that will treat you so that you can maintain your quality of life while you're enjoying getting your wife pregnant.

  13. #13
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Thanks, LowT. The answer was staring me in the face. How many incompetent doctors have we heard about on this forum? This is just one more.

    RockChalk,
    Next suggestion: Find a doctor who knows what he/she is doing. One that will treat you so that you can maintain your quality of life while you're enjoying getting your wife pregnant.
    One thing I've always found amusing about this particular topic...what's one of the major symptoms of low testosterone ? The inability to have children.

  14. #14
    Rock Chalk's Avatar
    Rock Chalk is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    2Sox and Low Test, I agree with both of your statements. I figure, just to appease my wife, I'll come off it for a few months and do a proper PCT with Clomid and Nolvadex . Once I'm finished with the PCT then I will go back to the doctor and get another semen analysis done. That way they can see what my natural levels are out. Funny thing is that the fertility doc said I didn't need any Clomid or anything to restart my natty production. She said it will come back on its own after I stop the TRT. Stupid doctors.....

    The other problem I have is with the last semen analysis that I did. I didn't know they were going to do it and I masturbated the day before. I didn't tell them cause I didn't want my wife getting pissed off at me.I fully expected the tests to come back really low.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •