Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Am I missing something here? The BW in the OP shows a total test of 23.6 nmol/l, which converts to about 680 ng/dl.

That's a pretty solid number man. I'm not trying to discount your symptoms, but your total test looks pretty good.

weightpunk is offline Junior Member
    From what I've read the important value is "Free testosterone " because that is what can actually be used.

My first blood test was 360, my second 390. Am I missing something in my post #41 or am I correct in seeing that my free testosterone levels less than the average 70yr old man?

I also know that the moment I started feeling lethargic and sex drive died was during and after my first cycle PCT. Even more so after my second cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by weightpunk View Post
    From what I've read the important value is "Free testosterone " because that is what can actually be used.

My first blood test was 360, my second 390. Am I missing something in my post #41 or am I correct in seeing that my free testosterone levels less than the average 70yr old man?

I also know that the moment I started feeling lethargic and sex drive died was during and after my first cycle PCT. Even more so after my second cycle.
    Both are important, but yes, many people feel that free testosterone is more important because that's the unbound T.

The charts that you referenced are referring to total testosterone, measured in ng/dl. Your labs measured your total T as 23.6 nmol/l which, when converted, equals about 680 ng/dl.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Your right so that makes you wrong because you keep getting it backwards. You keep quoting your total testosterone number, 360 & 390. Your free numbers were 23.6

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Your right so that makes you wrong because you keep getting it backwards. You keep quoting your total testosterone number, 360 & 390. Your free numbers were 23.6
    Testosterone 23.6 nmol/L ( 11.0 - 40.0 )
    SHBG 47 nmol/L ( 10.0 - 70.0 )
    Calculated Free Testosterone 395 pmol/L ( 260 - 740 )

??

Calculated Free Testosterone = 395 pmol/L ??

Total testosterone = 23.6nmol

Sorry I seem to be confused please educate me on where I'm going wrong.

So lovbyts, what do you suggest?

Scallys Power PCT?

Testosterone 23.6 nmol/L ( 11.0 - 40.0 )
    SHBG 47 nmol/L ( 10.0 - 70.0 )
    Calculated Free Testosterone 395 pmol/L ( 260 - 740 )

??

Calculated Free Testosterone = 395 pmol/L ??

Total testosterone = 23.6nmol

Sorry I seem to be confused please educate me on where I'm going wrong.
    Your total T is 23.6 nmol/l = 680 ng/dl
    Your calculated free T is 395 pmol/l

The charts and studies that you posted are using total T to show the age specific averages, which is usually measured in ng/dl.

Your lab used nmol/l instead of ng/dl to measure your total T. Nothing wrong with that, it just needs to be converted to ng/dl before you can use it as a comparison to other ranges.

Ok that clears things up a lot! Thanks!

So, any suggestions? Looks like I'm probably headed back to anti-depressants if my T levels are normal then, I'm looking for answers in the wrong place it would seem?

So then there wouldn't even be any point in doing Scallys Power PCT?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok that clears things up a lot! Thanks!

So, any suggestions? Looks like I'm probably headed back to anti-depressants if my T levels are normal then, I'm looking for answers in the wrong place it would seem?

So then there wouldn't even be any point in doing Scallys Power PCT?
    None, with test levels that good (thanks for pointing that out Chauffeur) you only risk screwing things up. Your test levels are not the problem but will be if you try messing with them.

I'm not sure about anti depressants and have always steered away from them but they do help some people.

[emo]
    Same old shit I guess eh, eat well, try go to gym, fail, see a doctor, get told to eat right and stop being lazy, meditate, go to gym, try to eat well, fail, go back to doctor and get anti-depressants. Then feel miserable and lifeless on anti-depressants, so quit, go get advice, get told to eat well and exercise, try to eat well and exercise, fail and end up back on anti-depressants.

[/emo]

Thanks for advice guys, appreciate you stopping me from making a potential big mistake with TRT.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR LIFE TRAVELS

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    You may have your thyroid values checked. Thyroid problems can mimic the symptoms of low t

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    You may have your thyroid values checked. Thyroid problems can mimic the symptoms of low t
    I agree with this for sure.

Many people now say that the top of the TSH range should be lowered to 3.0, and TSH is often said to be a poor indicator of thyroid function anyway. The OP's TSH is approaching the top end of the range. Free T4 is also near the top of the range.

It's probably a good idea to have some more detailed thyroid testing done.

OP have you ever had a sleep study done? Also a good idea to help rule some things out.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, my free test was the most notable by me. It equaled to about what it was of a 70+ year old

I don't care to feel like Superman all day every day. But, feeling alive & coherent is a start - Along with a working dick

The lower any of us can run on well, the better. Shit, natty is even better - I still feel somewhat envious of friends who are my age who just hump all day. I'm like damn it - Oh well, at least I got what I got

The best thing I can say when it comes to feeling like crap is safe self medication. I am not on any antidepressants, elicit drugs, I don't even drink. I try my best to keep my hormone levels in check & feel like a "real" person

Since when you ask a MD, the natural me is just fine. Fvck that, I was in my mid 20's and having less sex than 60 year olds. Yeah, that is not normal - Until getting into AAs I had no clue that anything could ever even change that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information