Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Obsessed with sex, you too?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Obsessed with sex? When I have thoughts like this, it's when I knew I was more obsessed with loving myself and having power - and using the closest person to me to do it. I'd suggest you take a look at the film, "Thanks for Sharing". You can stream it on Netflix. It's a comedy/drama about people who try to come to terms with their addiction to sex - including the types of thoughts that you describe. Mark Garafolo, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim Robbins, Pink. You get a real sense of the self loathing and pain people with this question experience. And the film presents it with just the right amount of humor.

And you're absolutely right - TRT definitely does NOT effect everyone like this.

And one more thing. If anyone I knew spoke about a desire to bring home a woman to his wife - whether he admitted it or not - I would know right off he really didn't love his wife. Certainly, it would make clear that he had no respect for her. Or for himself for that matter.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    And one more thing. If anyone I knew spoke about a desire to bring home a woman to his wife - whether he admitted it or not - I would know right off he really didn't love his wife. Certainly, it would make clear that he had no respect for her. Or for himself for that matter.
    No offense, but that's a pretty broad reaching & self serving statement. Who are you to cast stones at anyone? You'd better serve people by exclusively keeping it in the "I" when choosing to sling such opinions @ people (i.e. "I feel...or...In my opinion"). Just saying...
    macmathews and bullshark99 like this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    No offense, but that's a pretty broad reaching & self serving statement. Who are you to cast stones at anyone? You'd better serve people by exclusively keeping it in the "I" when choosing to sling such opinions @ people (i.e. "I feel...or...In my opinion"). Just saying...
    I agree. Even though I share 2sox beliefs as far as my wife goes, to each his own. They are consenting adults, and if that's what floats your boat so be it.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    Good point. "In my opinion" or It's my feeling" should be inserted. By the way, there is nothing at all self serving in my statement whatsoever, if you will look a it again.

Kind of busy now. But detailed elaboration will follow.....
    Last edited by 2Sox; 10-21-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Thread Information