Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Doesn't seem that low, should I even go down this road?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bioshocked is offline Junior Member

Doesn't seem that low, should I even go down this road? Guess I will.

Let's start with some numbers. Here are some basic numbers from my last 2 labs.

6'0" currently 177 Lbs.

2016 March: (sadly this is all I got from the lab)
    Total T: 429 ng/dL (Morning)
    IGF-1: 143 ng/mL

2015 August: (I have more details, just have to find the full lab results again)
    Total T: 390 ng/dL (Afternoon)
    Free T: 6.08 ng/dL ( 60.8 pg/mL )

2009 August: (Not sure I can find the labs on this one to see the rest of the blood work)
    Total T: 454 ng/dL (not sure on the time, likely afternoon)

I am 39 and have been going to the gym hardcore since 2009. Yet my body stays at 170-180 Lbs at 6'0" height. I rarely miss a week at the gym. And have tried 3, 4, and 5 day splits. I do Cardio and Weight lifting. Shifting back and forth on how much cardio I do. 2015 I tried no cardio other than 5 min warm ups and cool downs. And have pretty much tried every supplement and diet out there. I simply can't seem to get my body composition to change. Fat levels change slightly between 15-20% (generalized measuring) when I greatly change my calorie intake. Lean mass doesn't change much either.

I am so tired of putting in the effort and not getting anywhere. People at the gym and around me are always asking why I am so tired all the time. More so at the gym. I got a new bed in 2015 after seeing my 390 T number and I think that has helped a little. But I am not looking at HRT to help me sleep or have more energy. I simply want to improve my body's ability to gain mass and lose fat with all my efforts.

So, the basic question. Does anyone thing I should try an HRT plan to see if it will change my body composition with all my efforts with gym, recovery, and diet?

Is it even realistic to think it will help me when my numbers are around 400?
    Last edited by bioshocked; 04-15-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Thread Information